GL Luke or Mando Grind

MaimVoorhees
48 posts Member
edited October 2020
Good afternoon everyone. Just finished my SEEP ultimate today so I’m looking for the next hill to climb. Should I go Mando toons or start the long grind at another GL? Thanks for your help!

Replies

• I doubt that the Mando toons will be that useful in top end game play.

But I farm them just because I like the Mandalorian. And I can’t see that I’ll wouldn’t for the new toons.

In short: If you like them, do it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I personally love them, and when i finish my JML farm (50 shards of MM left) and get him setup, my grind will be on shoring up some teams but with a major focus on Mando stuff.
  • I'm about 100 piett shards and g12 and relics on 4 more characters away from papa palps. So around the same area.

Most of the characters for GL luke don't need hard node farming. Just chewpio and mon mothra for me. So I'll probably farm both of those with one refresh each and still farm cara dune too. I've been farming mando and greef on fleet anyway and will continue to do so.

I plan on starting gearing jml requirements when I'm done with papa palps starting with the most useful (cos, raid han, chewie, ect...)

I don't think farming the shards for the mando characters will interfere all that much. Whether you want to gear them now or not is up to you. The real questions are how high the gear needs to be for a legendary and how useful the team over all will be.

I will probably try and get them all to at least 5 star and gear 7 or 8 but I'm probably not going much higher without more information.
  • Get all characters to 7*
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Get all characters to 7*

Yes this.

No matter what your focus is, always try to hit a character or 2 in each area of the floor, to always be working on 7* everything.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Get all characters to 7*

Yes this.

No matter what your focus is, always try to hit a character or 2 in each area of the floor, to always be working on 7* everything.

To an extent. I still haven't finished mob enforcer in the arena store or what ever store she's in. The shard shop currency is just worth more. If she ends up being needed for something, I'll worry about it then.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Get all characters to 7*

Yes this.

To an extent. I still haven't finished mob enforcer in the arena store or what ever store she's in. The shard shop currency is just worth more. If she ends up being needed for something, I'll worry about it then.

You're missing out. :smiley:
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Get all characters to 7*

Yes this.

You're missing out. :smiley:

That's a risk I'm willing to take
  • Good afternoon everyone. Just finished my SEEP ultimate today so I’m looking for the next hill to climb. Should I go Mando toons or start the long grind at another GL? Thanks for your help!

If you're willing to wait a couple of weeks, you'll have more intel about Mando then.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Get all characters to 7*

Yes this.

I think the upcoming 3v3 GAC has a feat for attempting to apply thermals. Better get a move on.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Greef is almost a mandatory addition to a BH squad. Mando is good as well, but a little too squishy. Cara I don't have much experience with, she keeps getting passed over for other farms for me. If I had to choose, I'd go for greef if you have decent BHs.

On the other hand, JKL is almost a galactic legend without the title. Arguably on par with GAS, and part of many GL counters. Can't really go wrong with him. The fact that he's a prereq for GL luke makes GL luke very attractive.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    Get all characters to 7*

Yes this.

I think the upcoming 3v3 GAC has a feat for attempting to apply thermals. Better get a move on.

Yeah I'll pass.
  • kalidor wrote: »
    Greef is almost a mandatory addition to a BH squad. Mando is good as well, but a little too squishy. Cara I don't have much experience with, she keeps getting passed over for other farms for me. If I had to choose, I'd go for greef if you have decent BHs.

On the other hand, JKL is almost a galactic legend without the title. Arguably on par with GAS, and part of many GL counters. Can't really go wrong with him. The fact that he's a prereq for GL luke makes GL luke very attractive.

When they first came out, I agree with greef and mando being almost mandatory for a bh squad.

But then piett came out and made imperial troopers easily clear the only bh content I couldn't already beat with my current bh team.

So there is little incentive to currently work on greef or mando next at least to gear them when I can gear other teams and get more benefit.
  • This is what I'm actually doing rn: hoard everything while on a gl farm by using
    https://gear.swgohevents.com/

Farm all new character shards that can possibly yield an event. After full hoarding for the gl is done, put them all on depending on the expectation of an upcoming surprise event.

Currently I'm 15 days away from JML that way, but I will wait and see how mando things proceed before putting them on. If mando thing looks like it will happen after new mando marquees become farmable, I will do JML right away. If mando thing (leg/hero) happens I will grab it since I already have a huge gear hoard and have no shard problems on current mando related content. And I'll get missing gear for JML to completed merely a few weeks late from the current schedule.