Oct 27 update mentioned in regards to legacy ios devices

Prev1
So are we getting an update today as mentioned by crumb?

Replies

• possibly
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    It's never an exact science.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • TVF
    36569 posts Member
    Typically would have had an in-game popup by now.....

...not to mention the actual update.

So I'm gonna say no.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    wait and see
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Shiftyund wrote: »
    Seems like the perfect question for a community manager to answer. But I bet any minute now kyno will show up and tell me I'm wrong.

xvglhgzjvdj0.jpg
  • TVF
    36569 posts Member
    Seems like the perfect question for a community manager to answer. But I bet any minute now kyno will show up and tell me I'm wrong.

Was this written last month?
  • Fingolfin26
    270 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Post edited by Fingolfin26 on
  • Kyno wrote: »

xvglhgzjvdj0.jpg

Wait, does this mean he's right about being wrong, or he's right about being right? I'm confused....

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    So, they actually announced an exact date, something that they avoid when possible unless they can be absolutely sure they will keep it, and then failed to keep it anyway...
  • Technology isn't exact. The fact they didn't roll anything out probably means they actually QAd it before rolling it out. Lighten up.
  • TVF
    36569 posts Member
    If there's any one thing the forum is completely unable to do, it is to lighten up.
  • I think the frustration is that there isn't communication regarding what the plan is for the scheduled update. We just want to know when to expect it, and ideally, what to expect within the update
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    I think the frustration is that there isn't communication regarding what the plan is for the scheduled update. We just want to know when to expect it, and ideally, what to expect within the update

It is happening now. Updates are showing in the store's, so forced update tomorrow.
    Not the end of the world, they where off by a day
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »
    I think the frustration is that there isn't communication regarding what the plan is for the scheduled update. We just want to know when to expect it, and ideally, what to expect within the update

It is happening now. Updates are showing in the store's, so forced update tomorrow.
    Not the end of the world, they where off by a day

ovvjhopujsj6.jpg

Yes it is and this looks nice.
  • Wouldn't it be two days they were off? Could depend on interpretation of updates, but I assumed we'd get update notes on the 27th when it was originally scheduled
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    Wouldn't it be two days they were off? Could depend on interpretation of updates, but I assumed we'd get update notes on the 27th when it was originally scheduled

This is why they don't really give dates for things.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be two days they were off? Could depend on interpretation of updates, but I assumed we'd get update notes on the 27th when it was originally scheduled

Meh, I don't think anybody is upset about such a minor delay. Just still curious about it
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

One would think that when they actually give a date for once, they will keep it too. Their own communication model makes it look special when usually we get "sometime next week" or such and suddenly there is an exact date. But of course, any complaints will be twisted into an excuse not to give exact dates ever again.
  • TVF
    36569 posts Member

Meh, I don't think anybody is upset about such a minor delay.

Lol
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

One would think that when they actually give a date for once, they will keep it too. Their own communication model makes it look special when usually we get "sometime next week" or such and suddenly there is an exact date. But of course, any complaints will be twisted into an excuse not to give exact dates ever again.

Well according to the "Community" they never keep a date, so this is normal, nothing to see here.
    Really in this instance being later is better, an update making some devices unusable (good riddance to those devices btw).
    But that is exactly it, they give a date and miss it and complaints like little kids on a car ride.
    Even if they came on and made a post saying it was delayed, people would complain about the delay and that they want the new date blah, blah, blah.
    Updates will be here when they get here. Pretty sure CG doesn't like delaying them as they typically release packs with every updates that makes them money! Who doesn't like money.
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    It’s almost always a self inflicted wound with CG though. Missing dates is one thing, but no communication about missing that date invites questions and introduces doubt in the company’s ability to plan effectively. Delays are fine, but talk about it. Imagine if Cyberpunk 2077 didn’t let everyone know that the game was delayed and it came to launch day....no game....no comms on it....think people would be a little twisted?? Granted there are people twisted about the delay, but that comes with the delay territory.

It is self inflicted i can agree on that. They would be better off not ever providing a date. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.
  • Updates live, no notes on it though
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Updates live, no notes on it though

Play store said new graphics.
    Edit: I believe they are still working on fixing the GC bug rewards so that may be their priority right now
  • I mean, I guess, you'd think they'd have the description all ready to go though right? Not typing it up an hour ahead of when the update gets forced
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    I mean, I guess, you'd think they'd have the description all ready to go though right? Not typing it up an hour ahead of when the update gets forced

Umm... You would think. I was trying to give them a little leeway, could be there is nothing outside the graphics update as posted in the play store.
  • It says "players can import their account from an unsupported device to a supported device using their in-game Player ID and/or Ally Code." How can this be done? Also, can you access an older version of the game? Like, can you open it without updating to the new client?
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    zhudson25 wrote: »
    It says "players can import their account from an unsupported device to a supported device using their in-game Player ID and/or Ally Code." How can this be done? Also, can you access an older version of the game? Like, can you open it without updating to the new client?

Now that the update is live, it requires the most recent client to open.
    If your game account is linked to play center you should have no issue logging in once you update to the most recent os
  • scuba wrote: »
    I mean, I guess, you'd think they'd have the description all ready to go though right? Not typing it up an hour ahead of when the update gets forced

Umm... You would think. I was trying to give them a little leeway, could be there is nothing outside the graphics update as posted in the play store.

When crumb mentioned it he said there were new game modes along with the graphics