Infinite TM loop - Barris under GL-Rey

DarkstarSunrise
570 posts Member
edited October 2020
Vader lead vs. GL Rey + Barris
Lots of dots from Vader.
Rey enters ult stance (loop does not occur until she enters stance).
Barris unique cleanses debuffs (10% for each debuff), weakest toon may have 15 or more debuffs because Vader.
Barris gets a turn, and instantly gets >100% TM at the end of her turn from unique.
Barris will always have more overflow TM than any other toon at end of her turn from unique.
Barris does basic attack over and over and over, no other toon gets a turn.
Battle times out.

Fix this infinite TM loop please.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Eweff
    400 posts Member
    No
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Don't use Vader. Fix your counters instead.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • There are videos on this. I guess you have to alter your tactics or use a different counter.
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    Apply fewer dots or stop her TM gain? IDK what you expect anyone to say, this is exactly what her kit does.
  • Lol at anyone saying “change your team”

Infinite loops are not supposed to ever happen. From CG’s own words it’s against the health of the game.
  • Easy. Kill Rey before she gets her ultimate. Or kill baris before Rey gets her ultimate. Vader is definitely capable of taking care of Rey quickly enough.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Lol at anyone saying “change your team”

Infinite loops are not supposed to ever happen. From CG’s own words it’s against the health of the game.

See Barris with Rey = Don't use Vader lead. It's not hard. Nothing in that team is bugged/broken.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

It's not infinite. Once the time runs out, you lose.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Why can't I kill Bastila Shan teams, I'm using Tarkin, CG please fix.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jppc wrote: »
    When the infinite TM loop isn’t making less money for CG they won’t change it. They will say things like “you just need to change your team”.
    There is a difference between using a loop to counter teams (not WAI) vs. cornering yourself into a loop as a result of not bothering to read the kits and think through what they actually do (aka player error that could have been avoided by something as simple as switching the leader of the same team).
  • They only fix infinite loops if they are constantly and/or majorly abuseable.

Rarely anyone uses barriss under GL Rey, and those who do will certainly not be facing a vader counter. The strategy is too niche for CG to care.

In a recent GAC match, I took in CLS & co to fight Nute led Dooku, Droideka, Nest and Jango.

I killed the other 4 before Jango had taken his second turn and lost undispellable damage immunity.

The next 4mins15 seconds was a non stop barrage of my toons hitting Jango, removing his TM so he never took another turn and never took a stitch of damage.

If I made a thread whining about that, I’d be laughed out of the the forums. No - I learned the either use a different team or execute the match better.

How is this situation any different?
  • If I made a thread whining about that, I’d be laughed out of the the forums. No - I learned the either use a different team or execute the match better.

It's not against the whale-exclusive GLs released merely 7 months ago so it doesn't qualify for a forum complaint obviously.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Nute lead with Jango + Rey

Checkmate

In a recent GAC match, I took in CLS & co to fight Nute led Dooku, Droideka, Nest and Jango.

I killed the other 4 before Jango had taken his second turn and lost undispellable damage immunity.

The next 4mins15 seconds was a non stop barrage of my toons hitting Jango, removing his TM so he never took another turn and never took a stitch of damage.

If I made a thread whining about that, I’d be laughed out of the the forums. No - I learned the either use a different team or execute the match better.

Same bro. Missed out on Kyber because of it. Nobody’s fault but mine, learn & grow.