Why Does Every Team Target Fives?

13jkelly
104 posts Member
edited October 2020
Every single time I put my GAS team out the AI go full force after fives GL or not. I’ve faced darth revan teams, padme teams, GG teams, rebels and it always the same. As soon as GAS goes down they don’t attack any other clone except fives resulting in me losing every single time. The AI are so predictable now and I find it stupidly annoying. My GAS team that I worked so hard to get no longer has viability because as soon as fives is down it’s game over. Even facing other GAS team I’ve not been able to win unless it was by total chance. I can’t remember the last time fives triggered a sacrifice. CG Im begging you to stop allowing the AI to all out target fives at least for non GL teams.

Replies

• So you want the AI to let you win?
  • No. The GAS team revolves around fives. If the AI keep targeting fives then GAS can no longer beat the majority if teams on offense. Literally arc is lucky to hit above 30k at relic 7 without sacrifice. Either make it to where clones don’t have to rely so much on fives sacrifices or stop causing the ai to focus on a top priority toon.
  • I use GAS a lot and I've only noticed that GLs target 5s and I agree, it sucks. I've noticed a change to Malak recently that makes DR teams a joke, because Malak kills himself against GAS counter attacks before most of the DR team gets a turn. Padme has only been a problem when it has GK and GAS and even then it's not too bad. I don't see any rebels or seperatists in my arena.
    In my GAS mirror matches, my 5s rarely doesn't get to sacrifice and I win 95% of the time.
  • Hmm I actually had a similar experience last grand arena. Was up against some Kylo/sith variant and I opted to use 501st instead of my usual counter because I “knew” malak would life drain the weakest unit and trigger sacrifice for an easy win. Then when the time came after everything went according to plan, Malak used drain on Fives who still had protection instead of all the other clones who had 100% health or less, I had literally never seen him do that before. Was a bit annoying since I only used that over fives cheese because I assumed malak and DR wouldn’t be targeting fives, guess they do now
  • I feel like this is correct, if you put Gas on defence everyone would target 5s first so why shouldnt the AI do the same?
  • el_mago
    751 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I use GAS a lot and I've only noticed that GLs target 5s and I agree, it sucks. I've noticed a change to Malak recently that makes DR teams a joke, because Malak kills himself against GAS counter attacks before most of the DR team gets a turn. Padme has only been a problem when it has GK and GAS and even then it's not too bad. I don't see any rebels or seperatists in my arena.
    In my GAS mirror matches, my 5s rarely doesn't get to sacrifice and I win 95% of the time.

Doja_Fett addressed the Malak "bug" in another thread. He said, to paraphrase, "devs are gonna fix it"
    Lukeando93 wrote: »
    I feel like this is correct, if you put Gas on defence everyone would target 5s first so why shouldnt the AI do the same?

Agreed.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    I feel like this is correct, if you put Gas on defence everyone would target 5s first so why shouldnt the AI do the same?

I know I do when it matters. However sometimes it is fun to trigger his sacrifice and try to win.
  • I don’t mind the ai winning. I just feel without fives sacrifice that Gas becomes incredibly weak because the clones damage without sacrifice is garbage besides Rex annihilate. Echo and arcs damage just aren’t that good to me without sacrifice. I have arc modded for full offense and echo critical damage.
  • I myself am just laughing at the fact that CG created an ability that is so broken they have to manually hard-code the whole **** game to avoid triggering it, if possible.

Thought, people do stop hard focusing fives if you have 2 or less 501st clones in the lineup. If his sacrifice either can't be triggered, or is not deemed a risk, the AI goes ham on him.
  • I think 5s taunts.
  • Lukeando93 wrote: »

Because, up until very recently, the AI was never hard coded to do anything specific. I honestly don't have strong feelings one way or the other. I find the inconsistency of CG's decision to ignore the AI, except in relation to very specific toon(s) odd - but whatever. It's their game, I just play it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I think 5s taunts.

Um
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Because, up until very recently, the AI was never hard coded to do anything specific. I honestly don't have strong feelings one way or the other. I find the inconsistency of CG's decision to ignore the AI, except in relation to very specific toon(s) odd - but whatever. It's their game, I just play it.
    Very recently meaning JKR marking Traya 2 years ago?
  • I’m struggling with this thread... I still use GAS in GAC / TW matches and I don’t think it’s likely to lose to DR or Padme with him. I don’t think it’s even remotely possible to lose to GG or Rebels.

@13jkelly is your GAS g13?
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    How old are you Nik??!!!!!?!?!
  • Now I’m even more confused...

https://swgoh.gg/p/285395777/characters/

This is you, right? You don’t have GAS.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Very recently meaning JKR marking Traya 2 years ago?

Good point. Perhaps "very" was overstating it. That was the first on e though, IIRC....which I may not. :D So 2 years ago in a 5 year old game? "Kinda recently"? ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF wrote: »

Judging by your jokes and comments, probably about the same age as you. ;)

• Now I’m even more confused...

https://swgoh.gg/p/285395777/characters/

This is you, right? You don’t have GAS.

I saw that too...very confusing.
  • If you put high defense mods on him and then stick a zetas bariss in it will negate this somewhat.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Judging by your jokes and comments, probably about the same age as you. ;)

RIP both of us.
  • Lukeando93 wrote: »

lol @ expecting the AI to ruin its own battles and crying when it doesn't.