Should JTR meta counter be allowed to stand?

Deany123
88 posts Member
edited October 2020
Have just had my well modded JKR lead GML team beaten by a very poorly modded JTR, RAID HAN, CHEW 3P0, RT team... whilst I do not mind the ingenuity to this counter and can quite happily switch back to leaving REY on defense, it does seem a bit pointless in my having invested money and well hoarded resources to get JML as early as I did.There just seems to be no advantage to doing this anymore.
I am not going to call for a buff or nerf or anything like that,but I would hope that the devs will take a look at these situations going forward and try to bring back an advantage to those who are willing to invest the time and money in getting one
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• For constistancy they should do something. Like when palp dominate dr malak, or gas with slkr.

Just sayin.
  • So CG shouldn't allow the other player to have an advantage since they invested in a counter team?
  • TVF
    36584 posts Member
    So CG shouldn't allow the other player to have an advantage since they invested in a counter team?

Invested?

Lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Joebo720
    647 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    People need ways to counter GL's plain and simple. Its a team that capitalizes on exposes. And it's not a guaranteed win. If GL can only be countered by other GL would guess that more than 80% of the players have no chance in GAC.
  • Joebo720 wrote: »
    People need ways to counter GL's plain and simple. Its a team that capitalizes on exposes. And it's not a guaranteed win. If GL can only be countered by other GL would guess that more than 80% of the players have no chance in GAC.

I just ran it in arena without changing mods and ran it twice and won. It doesn't take that much rng since you get 100 turns before they do. It's a really easy counter. Way easier than DR.

And invested? These are all toons that sre 2 years old.
  • Didn't mention invested anywhere.

What's your answer then? Only another GL should be able to counter?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    For constistancy they should do something. Like when palp dominate dr malak, or gas with slkr.

Just sayin.

But there are non GL counters to both Rey and SLKR too.
  • Joebo720 wrote: »
    Didn't mention invested anywhere.

What's your answer then? Only another GL should be able to counter?

The issue isn't counter imo. The issue is loop.
  • So CG shouldn't allow the other player to have an advantage since they invested in a counter team?

Of course there should be counters available for all teams. That is not the issue here. The fact is that this is an incredibly cheap counter that requires very little investment or skill to beat the new shiny toy. This new shiny toy has been sold as an incredibly powerful character that to get early you needed to spend money or your hoarded resources to get. My point is what is the point in spending either of these when someone can beat it with a team that requires so little investment? No good mods and no skill? That's not on in my opinion.

• Kyno wrote: »
    For constistancy they should do something. Like when palp dominate dr malak, or gas with slkr.

Just sayin.

Yes, counters that require specific modding, player skill and certain high end characters.
    You know full well that this counter is not in the same ball park as those. The similar easy cheesy counters that we had for SLKR were taken away from the community. I wonder if the same will be done here.
    By the by though.... I would just like to know that my investment will he worthwhile in the future
  • Deany123 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Just sayin.

Yes, counters that require specific modding, player skill and certain high end characters.
    You know full well that this counter is not in the same ball park as those. The similar easy cheesy counters that we had for SLKR were taken away from the community. I wonder if the same will be done here.
    By the by though.... I would just like to know that my investment will he worthwhile in the future

But they were never actually taken away. Gas lead/Rex/Chewie have been able to even 3 man SLKR for a long time now. And then there is this, which doesn't even use a legendary character.

https://youtu.be/LZuyXCp3ljU
  • Deany123 wrote: »

Just sayin.

But they were never actually taken away. Gas lead/Rex/Chewie have been able to even 3 man SLKR for a long time now. And then there is this, which doesn't even use a legendary character.

https://youtu.be/LZuyXCp3ljU

The mods there are still very good and as you said in this video that there are still some skill to this gameplay. The mods being used for the JTR counter are trash mods with no investment
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Yes
  • Canadafett
    74 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Yeah like I said I have trash mods on Resistance toons and didn't need to switch and still won

Also love how this gets moved to Arena and Character strategy when it fits way more in General Discussion, yet things like Does SEE need a buff stays in General Discussion.

This isn't strategy, it's don't change mods, expose everyone and win. The title was brought up on discussion if it should be changed.
  • So should they take the Vader counter to GL Rey away or the JKR/JKL counter for Kylo away? I think this is fine, we need non GL counters and that JTR team is still a heavy gear investment team if you want it to work.
  • Canadafett wrote: »
    Yeah like I said I have trash mods on Resistance toons and didn't need to switch and still won

Also love how this gets moved to Arena and Character strategy when it fits way more in General Discussion, yet things like Does SEE need a buff stays in General Discussion.

This isn't strategy, it's don't change mods, expose everyone and win. The title was brought up on discussion if it should be changed.

How on Earth do you not see how a thread discussing counters to GL teams belongs in Arena and Character Strategy? Discussion of counters always belongs in Character Strategy, and a complaint about a kit needing a buff is debatable.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    “Allowed” lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno wrote: »

Just sayin.

Like others said before, f2p/no-GL counters are not the problem, just the opposite: they are highly appreciated if they are reasonable! Such as those counters that need high end characters from previous metas, very good modding etc. and even then, there's usually quite a bit rng involved.
    But the JTR team which is talked about here has appeared in my arena shard, too, and it's even cheaper than the Fives cheese against SLKR that made him get buffed twice... and people who go for Rey instead of JML will get the extra cheap counter just along the way, without any extra effort.
  • CadoaBane wrote: »

Just sayin.

Like others said before, f2p/no-GL counters are not the problem, just the opposite: they are highly appreciated if they are reasonable! Such as those counters that need high end characters from previous metas, very good modding etc. and even then, there's usually quite a bit rng involved.
    But the JTR team which is talked about here has appeared in my arena shard, too, and it's even cheaper than the Fives cheese against SLKR that made him get buffed twice... and people who go for Rey instead of JML will get the extra cheap counter just along the way, without any extra effort.

How do they change it though? Whose kit do they nerf, or buff?