Kuiil and Cara

Ramien
3 posts Member
edited October 2020
Long time whinger, first time poster. Since Cara, who openly has no more affiliation with the Rebellion and is even wanted by them, has a rebel tag, can we expect Kuiil to have an empire tag even though he’s no longer affiliated with them either, since he’s not a bounty hunter, who else will he have synergise with? Droids or ugnaught? Don’t get me started on how Cara’s rebel tag blows holes in the lack of rebel tag for JKL
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Let's face it, he could get the Tusken tag if CG feels like it. The tags have nothing to do with lore or logic anymore.
  • You are right, shame on me, I should know better.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    Let's face it, he could get the Tusken tag if CG feels like it. The tags have nothing to do with lore or logic anymore.

That is not true.

Please name a single tag that has been given to a toon that does not follow lore or logic.

That doesnt mean they will not leave a tag off if they want to. But that is different than what you are saying.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sebek wrote: »
    Cara Dune was a Rebel, lol

Yep, and Kuiil was a slave to the empire, he would never identify himself as a member of the empire.
  • Leaving a tag off someone is quite literally dismissing the lore. It occurred with vet Han and chewie who didn’t have resistance tags which were later addedyou could argue vet Han still shouldn’t.
    Please correct me if I’m wrong but Cara Dune is a character who has a tag she shouldn’t - rebel, she’s not and like I said is even wanted by them. To take that further you can argue well she was a rebel, then by that logic any historical affiliations should be applied across the board. JML should be a rebel.
    Bastilla Shan fallen was not part of the Sith empire that Revan and Malak returned with.
    Clone Wars Chewie has a scoundrel tag, he would not have been a scoundrel during the clone wars before his capture by the trandoshans and subsequent release by Han. That’s when he became a scoundrel.
    If Fulcrum was no longer a Jedi how could Kanan grant Ezra Jedi status but Obi Wan and Yoda can’t call CLS a Jedi?
    Savage Opress was no more a sith than ventress yet he has the sith tag.
    GG has a droid tag, I don’t really have a problem with that but since Vader is wearing the next generation of armour and is “more machine now than man” should he not too have a droid tag?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ramien wrote: »
    Leaving a tag off someone is quite literally dismissing the lore. It occurred with vet Han and chewie who didn’t have resistance tags which were later addedyou could argue vet Han still shouldn’t.
    Please correct me if I’m wrong but Cara Dune is a character who has a tag she shouldn’t - rebel, she’s not and like I said is even wanted by them. To take that further you can argue well she was a rebel, then by that logic any historical affiliations should be applied across the board. JML should be a rebel.
    Bastilla Shan fallen was not part of the Sith empire that Revan and Malak returned with.
    Clone Wars Chewie has a scoundrel tag, he would not have been a scoundrel during the clone wars before his capture by the trandoshans and subsequent release by Han. That’s when he became a scoundrel.
    If Fulcrum was no longer a Jedi how could Kanan grant Ezra Jedi status but Obi Wan and Yoda can’t call CLS a Jedi?
    GG has a droid tag, I don’t really have a problem with that but since Vader is wearing the next generation of armour and is “more machine now than man” should he not too have a droid tag?

Leaving off a tag is not the same as not following lore. There is not a single tag given in game that does not follow lore. Not 1.

Yes they will leave off tags for whatever reasons they have, and this makes sense because they generally do it for game balance purposes, as this is a game, about a game, inside a cantina, inside the starwars universe.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I'm not going to go into direct details, but dont they call them "the new repiblic" in the show, and if she is wanted by them, fine, but that seems like a different element than the rebels were. One of those things as political stuff changes hands.
  • Ramien wrote: »
    Leaving a tag off someone is quite literally dismissing the lore. It occurred with vet Han and chewie who didn’t have resistance tags which were later addedyou could argue vet Han still shouldn’t.

You're dismissing the lore of almost everyone while complaining about dismissing the lore. How ironic. Like seriously. Do you even know anything about any of these characters or do you just claim they did whatever suits you? But let's go over a few of them shall we.
    Let's start with an easy one: Asajj Ventress and Savage Opress. So Asajj was training under Count Dooku to be an assassin. Yes he did want to make her his apprentice, but when he got to that point, Sidious interfered. He order him to finish her before she could become a sith. Meanwhile Savage became the full fledged student to the Sith lord Darth Maul. And the duo actually got to the point of Sidious considering them rivals and taking them out personally. One was removed by Sidious before they could become a sith and the other because they where a sith apprentice. Seems pretty definitive to me why one is a Sith and the other isn't.
    second group will be Ezra and CLS. Now lets see. Ezra has his green lighsaber which means he is of the later seasons. So he has been training under Kanan in the ways of the jedi for at least one year if not much longer. Meanwhile CLS is from hoth which means he hasn't met Yoda yet. And Obi-Wan really only gave him a few hours of training with the basic shooting orb. And that's at most. It's much likely to be lower. And even then after Yoda at the end of the 5th movie, he still hasn't had that much training. Days at most. But CLS is from before that so that isn't taken into account. So Ezra has years of Jedi training and CLS has hours. Again, seems pretty clear why one is and the other isn't.
    Next GG and Vader. GG had replaced almost his entire body with robotic parts. Hec he even attached a super computer to his brain to calculate the enemy's style and angle of their strikes, so he was like 95% machine and 5% living being. And it was all willingly. Meanwhile Vader had his limbs cut of and his body burned. But most of his body was still intact. So he was like 50/50 at best, but more likely 40% machine and 60% men. Thou none of it willingly. Also the guy that said the more machine than man part also said he killed luke's father, and look how that turned out. We should take everything he says with a grain of salt. So once again, seems quite clear why one has the tag and the other doesn't.
    Next, Bastilla Shan. I'm fairly certain that there was quite some time between the Sith empire appearing and Bastilla being turned to the dark side. I'm also fairly certain that it was Malak that corrupted her, and that he was the one leading the Sith Empire at that time. Thus technically making her Sith Empire. But I've unfortunately never played these games (do plan to one day) so I'm not certain about this nor do I claim to be.
    But of course there is Cara and Jedi Master Luke. Unlike you however, I'm not going to claim to know enough about them to say things about their lore. I don't know enough abut Cara to really know what her current mindset or position is and, considering where his event ends, JML is most likely one from between movie 5 and 6. And I don't know what he did during those movies or what his position or mindset was. What I do know however is that JML has massive Offensive stats in the game. He hits like a truck, and we have Threepio & Chewie, who shares the offence from the rebel leader with all rebel allies. Which means that when JML gains the rebel tag, you could have a Han Solo that can one-shot galactic legends at the start of the battle. That is way too overpowered.
    The only one I somewhat agree with is Clone Wars Chewbacca. Never really got why he had that tag, but never really minded either. At the end of the day thou, it doesn't matter much. Because, as Kyno said, this is a game, about a game, inside a cantina, inside the starwars universe. If you don't get that, that is not my problem, nor anyone else's. It's your problem.
  • Ichiraikou wrote: »
    Ramien wrote: »

You're dismissing the lore of almost everyone while complaining about dismissing the lore. How ironic. Like seriously. Do you even know anything about any of these characters or do you just claim they did whatever suits you? But let's go over a few of them shall we.
    Let's start with an easy one: Asajj Ventress and Savage Opress. So Asajj was training under Count Dooku to be an assassin. Yes he did want to make her his apprentice, but when he got to that point, Sidious interfered. He order him to finish her before she could become a sith. Meanwhile Savage became the full fledged student to the Sith lord Darth Maul. And the duo actually got to the point of Sidious considering them rivals and taking them out personally. One was removed by Sidious before they could become a sith and the other because they where a sith apprentice. Seems pretty definitive to me why one is a Sith and the other isn't.
    second group will be Ezra and CLS. Now lets see. Ezra has his green lighsaber which means he is of the later seasons. So he has been training under Kanan in the ways of the jedi for at least one year if not much longer. Meanwhile CLS is from hoth which means he hasn't met Yoda yet. And Obi-Wan really only gave him a few hours of training with the basic shooting orb. And that's at most. It's much likely to be lower. And even then after Yoda at the end of the 5th movie, he still hasn't had that much training. Days at most. But CLS is from before that so that isn't taken into account. So Ezra has years of Jedi training and CLS has hours. Again, seems pretty clear why one is and the other isn't.
    Next GG and Vader. GG had replaced almost his entire body with robotic parts. Hec he even attached a super computer to his brain to calculate the enemy's style and angle of their strikes, so he was like 95% machine and 5% living being. And it was all willingly. Meanwhile Vader had his limbs cut of and his body burned. But most of his body was still intact. So he was like 50/50 at best, but more likely 40% machine and 60% men. Thou none of it willingly. Also the guy that said the more machine than man part also said he killed luke's father, and look how that turned out. We should take everything he says with a grain of salt. So once again, seems quite clear why one has the tag and the other doesn't.
    Next, Bastilla Shan. I'm fairly certain that there was quite some time between the Sith empire appearing and Bastilla being turned to the dark side. I'm also fairly certain that it was Malak that corrupted her, and that he was the one leading the Sith Empire at that time. Thus technically making her Sith Empire. But I've unfortunately never played these games (do plan to one day) so I'm not certain about this nor do I claim to be.
    But of course there is Cara and Jedi Master Luke. Unlike you however, I'm not going to claim to know enough about them to say things about their lore. I don't know enough abut Cara to really know what her current mindset or position is and, considering where his event ends, JML is most likely one from between movie 5 and 6. And I don't know what he did during those movies or what his position or mindset was. What I do know however is that JML has massive Offensive stats in the game. He hits like a truck, and we have Threepio & Chewie, who shares the offence from the rebel leader with all rebel allies. Which means that when JML gains the rebel tag, you could have a Han Solo that can one-shot galactic legends at the start of the battle. That is way too overpowered.
    The only one I somewhat agree with is Clone Wars Chewbacca. Never really got why he had that tag, but never really minded either. At the end of the day thou, it doesn't matter much. Because, as Kyno said, this is a game, about a game, inside a cantina, inside the starwars universe. If you don't get that, that is not my problem, nor anyone else's. It's your problem.

I do get your point, and I’m not dismissing the lore at all. It’s a discussion and I did say I could be wrong and you’ve pointed out some things I’m wrong with. I will argue on the CLS point though. The CLS in game is Bespin Luke not Hoth Luke, which makes him post Dagobah training. The point is by then, he was an apprentice, just as Ahsoka and Ezra are apprentices.
    Also when I said JML Luke I’m referring to GL Luke (not JKL) my point was that if Cara’s retrospective rebel tag is despite her being wanted by the rebels then GL Luke should have a rebel tag but I’m being facetious. I understand there is balancing issues but I can’t imagine Han one shorting a GL even with a 20% offence bump but why not say for 3wees unique bonuses halved if JKL is lead?
    I’d also like to hear thoughts on Visas Marr. I think she has a great kit and I’d like to make more use of her but no Jedi/Sith/Old Republic or Sith Empire tags makes her difficult to slot into a team. Canderous has and Old Republic tag despite not really being part of the Old Republic, should she have an Old Republic tag? We have a light and dark side Bastilla. Could the same be done for her? Jolee Bindo has a Jedi tag despite turning away from the Jedi, Fulcrum who also turned away does not, should she have at least got a rebel fighter tag?
    I just don’t understand how you can say leaving a tag off is not ignoring lore but applying a tag for someone who no longer has that affiliation is following lore. It really doesn’t make sense.
    Like you said it’s a game and I’m just throwing my two cents out there looking for feedback