CLS and ChewPiO: offense or CD for Luke?

On a CLS team with Chewie, rHan, 3PO and ChewPiO, where ChewPiO grants others +20% of Leader's health, protection, offense, defense, potency, and tenacity. Should Luke be modded for offense or CD? I'm asking for use in Squad Arena surrounded by a sea of Darth Ravens (and a few GLs). I really want rHan to hit hard and take out someone (Bastilla) as soon as possible.

https://swgoh.gg/p/917197765/characters/

Replies

• He's not sharing anything CD related so I'd lean towards offense. Offense on the triangle and cross. I used to run my CLS like that in arena (switched before I maxed TAC though)
    He grants about 3600 additional offense to TAC when I use them now.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Sharing offense in battle will not multiply against offense set mods, but the crit damage bonus will affect it since that's an in-battle multiplier.

I think the hard cutoff for choosing offense over CD is if you will have over 280-300% crit damage in battle--then offense ends up coming out more. I can't remember the exact number at the moment.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    To clarify: In battle offense bonuses are a constant multiplier and thus never factor into the question of CD vs. Off. The only things that do are crit chance, other offense from mods, and in battle CD bonuses.
  • Offense, especially at relic levels....
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    edited November 2020
    I went back and crunched the numbers for you. The amount of in battle crit damage needed to make an offense set better (I'm assuming 100% crits here) is a function of the offense added from mods, but I'll give you the straight numbers.

ASSUMING R7 WITH CRIT DAMAGE TRIANGLE:

When Luke doesn't have call to action or Han doesn't have critical damage up buff, the answer is CD set.

When Luke has Call to Action or when Han has CD Up from Never Tell Me The Odds:

Look how much offense you are getting from the mod sets.

If Han is getting 1637 or more from the CD set or 2604 or more from the offense set, choose CD.
    Luke's numbers for CD are 1698 or more on CD set or 2701 or more on Offense set.

If the offense added from mods are LESS than these values, it is safe to put an Offense Set, but only if you are using Call to Action and Never Tell Me The Odds. If you never use Han's second special, then Han should always get a CD set.

EDIT: I'm rereading your question, and are you asking how to max JUST Han's damage, and not Luke's damage with 3PAC? If that is the case, it obviously makes more sense to put an offense set on Luke.

If you are looking to oneshot someone off the bat with Han, he obviously doesn't have crit damage up yet, so Han himself should get the CD set. Put an offense triangle, arrow, and cross on Luke to maximize Han's first shot. If there was room to put R2 over 3PO (don't know that that's wise) you could put the same max offense set on R2 as well.
  • Short answer:

Speed is actually more important. CLS with ChewPio is now a TM-train that rivals EP. You want your CLS as fast as possible.

If there’s a significant speed difference, choose speed. Otherwise, Offense will make the entire team hit harder. I had a speedy offense set so that’s where I went.
  • Thanks for the answers. I get really confused with offense and CD --- I've seen the graphs and read about the cross over point, but my brain isn't large enough to cope!

Basically, I want a team that will do well in Squad Arena. The CLS team (with ChewPiO and 3PO still at 6-star, but R7 CLS, R7 rHan, R7 Chewie) gets me to top 50 and even into top 25. So while I asked about making Han hit as hard as possible, I actually want the Team to be good. But I figure a hard hitting shoots first Han will help, and may be a bit of a deterrent when on defense (maybe).

Looks like the offense set and best speed mods for CLS is one way to go now that we have ChewPiO to boost stats for Han. My rHan and Chewie have CD acd CC sets.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    KuroNeko wrote: »
    Thanks for the answers. I get really confused with offense and CD --- I've seen the graphs and read about the cross over point, but my brain isn't large enough to cope!

Basically, I want a team that will do well in Squad Arena. The CLS team (with ChewPiO and 3PO still at 6-star, but R7 CLS, R7 rHan, R7 Chewie) gets me to top 50 and even into top 25. So while I asked about making Han hit as hard as possible, I actually want the Team to be good. But I figure a hard hitting shoots first Han will help, and may be a bit of a deterrent when on defense (maybe).

Looks like the offense set and best speed mods for CLS is one way to go now that we have ChewPiO to boost stats for Han. My rHan and Chewie have CD acd CC sets.

If it's just arena, honestly, the differences are probably small to be quite honest. Usually where the set would really matter a lot is in a raid. Speed on CLS might be a good bet if you care about long term, but the short answer is give him the set that best balances speed and the other stuff, because in the end, you have what you have.

I'd say Han and the Chewies need CD sets, but choosing offense for Luke over something that is better over the course of an arena battle comes down to Han's opening shot. CBM will shut down the tm gain on a CLS team, so if you get to the point where you can reliably kill Bastila right away, then you can worry about other stuff.
  • I can one-shot r7 BSF and take out some DR teams now.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    edited November 2020
    Then I would think speed is a good option on CLS. And if not, then probably the CD set for long term damage if you go by the numbers posted way above. It's hard to do calculations without knowing how much armor there is, etc., but my rough estimates suggest that while putting an offense set and triangle on Luke might net you an extra 1400 damage on everyone else per hit, Luke loses about 9100 damage per hit. Again, those are with certain assumptions about mitigation, etc. I realize the Chewies are always assisting, but that's still about 6-7 hits by everyone else before you even make up the loss from Luke.

But again, you probably want what gives you more speed so Luke can lay down those debuffs and give the whole team tm. That probably matters more.
  • A late follow-up post to let you know how this developed.

I now have zzzCLS, zrHan, zzChewie and zChewpio at R7, and zC3PO at g12. Guard is on rHan and CLS.

I can often make top 20 in my shard, but drop to 40-ish. I can take down r7 GAS clones, and medium to high relic DM DR teams if I one-shot Bastilla. Padme sometimes times out because of GK.

It's a fun, fast TM team. I especially like it after taking out Bastilla and DM, when Chewie's Rage takes down the remaining DR, HK-47 and whoever is left (Vader, SET, Thrawn, SM, are used in my shard), all in one hit.
  • Finished #5 today :)
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    CLS should be 320+ speed so when you call to action he can hit Basty if Han didn't finish on open.
    nhaib9rwilld.png
    All offense on R2 to boost the team offense, no potency so resists to burning give the team TM. If you want to go heavier offense CD on CLS sacrificing speed then super fast no potency R2 to boost TM 25% with all burning resist is an effective strategy. 900221go2fe8.png
    All offense on Han with CD maxed if you can. If R7 don't worry about CC. It'll be there.f2e0ojww8k2z.pngtnk5id22w9yr.png
    My Chewy is the worst modded of all these, and has been the least important in my opinion. The way the team works, he just needs to make it past the opening salvo then the team does fine.
    uqx3a08o1qjg.png

That's really all that matters. They say 160ish tenacity on Chewbacca.