5 weeks of GAC, 35 different opponents and 5 Galactic Legends

th3evo
358 posts Member
edited November 2020
You can guess how the GLs are distributed.
It's always 1 GL per week.

At this point I'm starting to think that the matchmaking is setup this way.
Like sure RNG is a thing but 5 weeks in a row? What are the chances of that? It's Division 1 with thousands of people.
BTW my GP is 4.7 mil so I get matched with people anywhere from 4.5 mil to 5.5 mil.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• A new month another complaint.. yeah it’s sucks, sometimes there’s no chance you’ll win but you can’t win them all..

The match making needs work, we know this but until it’s changed there isn’t anything we can do.
  • th3evo wrote: »

Like sure RNG is a thing but 5 weeks in a row? What are the chances of that? It's Division 1 with thousands of people.
    BTW my GP is 4.7 mil so I get matched with people anywhere from 4.5 mil to 5.5 mil.

At 4.7 mil gp, you should have a GL counter. Especially if you have enough high relics that you get matched against GLs that frequently.

At your gp a match against a GL isn't a guaranteed loss.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    th3evo wrote: »

At 4.7 mil gp, you should have a GL counter. Especially if you have enough high relics that you get matched against GLs that frequently.

and to add to this, no its not how the MM is setup, its your GP. you are in the range where players are going to have GLs without too much trouble.
  • Fails to grasp how matchmaking works.

Blames matchmaking.

Sounds about right.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    edited November 2020

Kyno wrote: »

and to add to this, no its not how the MM is setup, its your GP. you are in the range where players are going to have GLs without too much trouble.

I do have a counter but some of my other opponents don't even have GAS. But both of you are missing the point.

I don't really have an issue with opponents that have a GL. My problem is the distribution. It's always 1 GL per week. Why not 2 or 3? Like you said there are a lot of opponents that already have a GL in this GP range.

• Because anyone with two gls is going to be out of your gp range.

Or do you mean it’s always one gl in your group of opponents? @th3evo
  • Damodamo wrote: »
    Because anyone with two gls is going to be out of your gp range.

Or do you mean it’s always one gl in your group of opponents? @th3evo

It's always one in the group.
  • These forums are full of threads where someone has leapt to a conclusion based off a very small data set.

5 consecutive rounds for you being drawn in a bracket with a single 1-GL owner absolutely does not indicate that the matchmaking is designed to engineer this, @th3evo

What about the other 6 non-GL people in each of these brackets? That's 30 people who have also been in 5 GAC rounds. All you can say for sure is that in one of their brackets they faced a single 1-GL owner. In their other 4 brackets many of them might have faced a couple of 1-GL owners, or enjoyed brackets that were entirely GL free.

Here's me, for example https://swgoh.gg/p/343174317/

In my current round, there are 2 single GL owners (1 Rey, 1 SLKR), 4 double GL owners (1 SLKR/SEE, 3SLKR/Rey, 1 triple GL owner (Rey/SLKR/JML) and one poor chap who has no GL at all. He's the first no-GL owner I've seen for months.

What is more likely to be the case for you is that your matchmaking GP is quite low for your division. When the algorithm looks for players with similar matchmaking GP to you it finds vastly more of them who, like you, do not own a GL. A much smaller amount of them will own 1 GL. As stated above, I really don't think anybody with your matchmaking GP will own 2 GLs - or if they do, they will be very rare and you've been lucky enough to dodge them.
  • th3evo wrote: »

Division 1 and only 1 GL per week? You're lucky then. Div 3 here and its mostly 1-3/week with very rare weeks with 0
  • @th3evo then it’s exactly like @DarjeloSalas has said. I would just count yourself lucky that your only facing one opponent with a single gl. Once you get a bit higher in gp your going to be lucky to see anyone without at least one gl, more often than not two/three (inc jkl) and also both negotiator and mal fleets.

That’s unpleasant, where you are at the moment, is just mildly distasteful. Sorry
  • These forums are full of threads where someone has leapt to a conclusion based off a very small data set.

5 consecutive rounds for you being drawn in a bracket with a single 1-GL owner absolutely does not indicate that the matchmaking is designed to engineer this, @th3evo

What about the other 6 non-GL people in each of these brackets? That's 30 people who have also been in 5 GAC rounds. All you can say for sure is that in one of their brackets they faced a single 1-GL owner. In their other 4 brackets many of them might have faced a couple of 1-GL owners, or enjoyed brackets that were entirely GL free.

Here's me, for example https://swgoh.gg/p/343174317/

In my current round, there are 2 single GL owners (1 Rey, 1 SLKR), 4 double GL owners (1 SLKR/SEE, 3SLKR/Rey, 1 triple GL owner (Rey/SLKR/JML) and one poor chap who has no GL at all. He's the first no-GL owner I've seen for months.

What is more likely to be the case for you is that your matchmaking GP is quite low for your division. When the algorithm looks for players with similar matchmaking GP to you it finds vastly more of them who, like you, do not own a GL. A much smaller amount of them will own 1 GL. As stated above, I really don't think anybody with your matchmaking GP will own 2 GLs - or if they do, they will be very rare and you've been lucky enough to dodge them.

This seems about right. I'm at just over 5 mil gp but have a fairly low matchmaking gp. I haven't seen any GLs yet in my gac.

It's most likely a spectrum. My match making gp is still low enough that a GL is very rare. Most likely the OP has a slightly higher matchmaking gp than me. So there are about 10% to 12% of people at that matchmaking gp with one GL. So he sees 1 in 8.

Then when you grow a bit more the percentage rises and as it exceeds 50% and approaches 100% you'll start to see nothing but people with GLs.

It makes sense if you realize how the distribution is likely set up.