Galactic Republic Fleet Nerf

Nihl
11 posts Member
edited November 2020
Does anybody else have a problem where all of the top competitors in fleet arena are GR? I feel they need a nerf or some ships need anti GR moves, perhaps Sep ships? Its annoying seeing the exact same ships dominate the arena.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    GR Fleet doesn't need to be nerfed

We just need more fleets. More plug and play fleets like Hounds Tooth, and more faction fleets for Resistance and First Order
  • Sep ships have just about a 100% win rate against GR on offense, I see no need to change balance there.

More ships though... sounds nice :)
  • Sep ships are the counter for a GR fleet... but it so happens a GR fleet can win against the Sep fleet as well.
  • We need FO and BH cap ships, as well as a few more ships to fill out the fleets. GR doesn't need a nerf.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • We need FO and BH cap ships, as well as a few more ships to fill out the fleets. GR doesn't need a nerf.
    We’ve got a FO cap ship?
    We’ve got a FO cap ship?

Ooops! Maybe I was thinking we need a Sith Cap ship.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Nego was the first GET2 ship. In younger shards where people had time to choose, there are plenty of (and sometimes more) Sep fleets at the top.

There are other fleets that can beat Nego, of course, but they're not as good on defense so probably won't be at the top. That's just the way it is until a new Capital Ship (or super strong ****-like ship) is released that can beat the current fleets and hold better than them on defense.
  • dgree wrote: »
    Nego was the first GET2 ship. In younger shards where people had time to choose, there are plenty of (and sometimes more) Sep fleets at the top.

There are other fleets that can beat Nego, of course, but they're not as good on defense so probably won't be at the top. That's just the way it is until a new Capital Ship (or super strong ****-like ship) is released that can beat the current fleets and hold better than them on defense.

The bigger problem is most players aren't going to be R7ing Tarkin, Rebel Resistance fleets. Padme team is a two-fer in terms of investment. Some argue that Malev is the better value investment, which is true unless you are F2P then a R5ish Padme team is gold.
  • I mean, sure, Mal and Nego are the meta. And even if some players decided to dump relics on otherwise useless Gauntlet pilots and the rest of an Empire fleet despite SEE issues, Empire may hold better than other non-meta fleets but without something like a new CS it's just not gonna change. There've been some things here and there for TW and GA, but as far as fleet arena we're kinda just stuck here until something really better comes along.

I just don't see it as a problem that requires nerfing any ships. I do hope for a fleet meta shift, and was slightly optimistic for a Jedi/Rebel/Empire/Sith focus and fleet meta before it turned out to just be CG asking us to relic a bunch of those toons for JML and the geezer as part of sequel trilogy era stuff.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Nerfing is never the answer, buffing/reworking others or releasing new ones is the answer.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »
    Nerfing is never the answer, buffing/reworking others or releasing new ones is the answer.

9ee8sa6limeq.jpg
  • avihas
    248 posts Member
    CG told us they gonna do more seps ships, but they seem to put that on the bench. Really dissapointed by that. I feel that the Malevolence fleet need 1 sep droid ship to be really great (and I love that fleet and use it in my ships arena)