Padme event gear

Does anyone know what would be the recommended gear for the padme event? Doing the squad Nute lead Dooku Ventress poggle and spy. And I heard that nutes extortion dispels padme squad buffs does that include the purple health they get when geos attack?

Replies

• crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    Padme teams should only get Protection Up from out of turn attacks, so without Brood Alpha, Geonosians would only give it if being called to assist by Poggle or Nute--but the same would be true of any allies called to assist.

Nute's second special should dispell the Protection Up, but I'd actually AVOID using it if they have Extortion, as it will call allies to assist and give it more. But using the Extortion ability in general will do max health damage to enemies with it, which should help eat through the Protection Up.

As for gear, it depends on tier. I think you can definitely unlock with that team. Grievous makes the battle super easy. Do you have a swgoh.gg account?
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    edited November 2020
    I just tried that comp and with them all at g12 I was able to beat tier 7 with just the mods I had on them, no swapping. It did take me 3 tries to figure out the right order of abilities, but when I beat it I had 4 standing and in good shape. So I think you could do it with less gear if your mods are good enough.
  • Ok thank you :smile: . And they only gain protection up if other allies are called to assist?
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    Well, they gain it from Padme's first special and her basic. But there's nothing specific about Geonosians that give it other than if you have GBA, they assist a lot.

I was also wrong before; the Protection Up from out-of-turn attacks can't be dispelled. But the stuff from her special and basic can.
  • and no I don't have swgoh.gg I could set one up tho
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    Anakin also gives Protection Up with his special, which can be dispelled. Remember you can use your Asajj to dispell as well.

You definitely want to kill Padme first, and spy can do that with his special if she's loaded up on buffs. The Extortion is also very useful.
  • Idd_Rather_Nott
    6 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    ok I understand now
  • Padme and Anakin are your main targets. Get them down with most of your team surviving and you win. Be careful with Anakin's bonus turns when someone's defeated, though. (tip: if he has extortion on him when he takes a bonus turn, he will most of the time dispell the extortion instead of killing your whole team.)
    Make sure Dooku has enough potency to land the ability blocks and stuns. That is crucial to winning.
    And, since you don't really have a tank in your lineup, make sure everyone is decently healthy so they don't just die.
    Hope that helps, If you need more tips/strategy/modding, let me know. The team I did it with is: g9 zNute (L), g11 dooku, g10 (might be g11, i don't remember) ventress, g9 B2, g11 Magnaguard.