New Phone - Crossing Platforms?

I swear, I tried finding the answer to this, but couldn't find something absolutely definitive. This is an account I've sunk thousands of hours and dollars into, I don't want to blow it.

Can someone tell me...?

If I'm buying a new Android phone, is it possible to transfer my iOS swgoh account to that phone? Can I do it myself? If so, how? And if not, can EA tech service do it?

Thank you so much!

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes, you need to link it to Facebook through the in game setting button.

I dont know the full process beyond that, maybe someone who has done it will have more details.
  • Kyno wrote: »

I dont know the full process beyond that, maybe someone who has done it will have more details.

Can you do it Android->iOS too?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    LordDunbar wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Can you do it Android->iOS too?

You can only do that.

You cannot link google to google, or apple to apple.
  • Thanks Kyno. I know the old process, but wasn't sure if it was still functioning after the changes they made a couple months ago. I'm linked on Facebook already. Just don't want to commit to a new phone when I'm not sure it'll even work!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Degs29 wrote: »
    Thanks Kyno. I know the old process, but wasn't sure if it was still functioning after the changes they made a couple months ago. I'm linked on Facebook already. Just don't want to commit to a new phone when I'm not sure it'll even work!

they reinstituted the FB link after taking it down for a short period. it is up and running now, from my knowledge.
  • Mik_Prat_Rel
    153 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    My google play account is not linked to Facebook and I just was cut off from it because Bluestacks has not yet been updated to run on macOS Big Sur. *sigh* Anyone know how I can get into my account? I tried signing out of iCloud on my iPhone, but I only get this....IMG_0583.PNG