JML definitely needs a buff!!

13Next

Replies

  • Translation: I Want JML invencible, i dont want old legends with very good mods can counter him.
  • Starl0rd
    97 posts Member
    edited November 12
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I find this thread interesting.
    I run a Rey team with JKR, JKL, GAS, hoda.
    We have no issue winning against Rey or slkr.

    There’s a few JMLs in my shard, all use him as lead.
    In my experience beating non ult JML is no problem.
    However I’ve struggled against the ultimate JMLs.
    For one thing the 10 more speed from Luke’s leadership means most of his team will go first. Furthermore I can’t recognise the slow ulti charge. Last match I barely got to take a turn before his ultimate went off.. OK, I might have taken a few, but it was certainly before the fight was over.

    How is Rey seemingly supposed to smash JML?

    Personally I wouldn’t mind a JML buff as he is my next GL ;)

    Not sure what to tell you...my Rey rarely has issues with the same team against JML. I could respond like many others do in the SEE thread, that you don't know what you're doing/your arena shard sucks/etc etc etc...my JML on defense drops to 10-20 daily, along with the SEE's that are used. There's so much whine about GL's it's difficult to weave the exaggerations, cries, and assumptions, and just overall pis*y attitude by many because they believe they were told JML/SEE was going to do this or that, all the while finding out their hanging their hats on a character description. How many other chars in this game have similar descriptions, that don't meet them? One could argue that those chars didn't cost the same, yada yada, but point still made.

    *EDIT* ...btw, just ran over JML with GAS, Ahsoka, and Echo... in 3's, but I'm sure that doesn't count cause no one likes 3v3, I once read...
  • Starl0rd wrote: »
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I find this thread interesting.
    I run a Rey team with JKR, JKL, GAS, hoda.
    We have no issue winning against Rey or slkr.

    There’s a few JMLs in my shard, all use him as lead.
    In my experience beating non ult JML is no problem.
    However I’ve struggled against the ultimate JMLs.
    For one thing the 10 more speed from Luke’s leadership means most of his team will go first. Furthermore I can’t recognise the slow ulti charge. Last match I barely got to take a turn before his ultimate went off.. OK, I might have taken a few, but it was certainly before the fight was over.

    How is Rey seemingly supposed to smash JML?

    Personally I wouldn’t mind a JML buff as he is my next GL ;)

    Not sure what to tell you...my Rey rarely has issues with the same team against JML. I could respond like many others do in the SEE thread, that you don't know what you're doing/your arena shard sucks/etc etc etc...my JML on defense drops to 10-20 daily, along with the SEE's that are used. There's so much whine about GL's it's difficult to weave the exaggerations, cries, and assumptions, and just overall pis*y attitude by many because they believe they were told JML/SEE was going to do this or that, all the while finding out their hanging their hats on a character description. How many other chars in this game have similar descriptions, that don't meet them? One could argue that those chars didn't cost the same, yada yada, but point still made.

    *EDIT* ...btw, just ran over JML with GAS, Ahsoka, and Echo... in 3's lol

    There's a difference between nitpicking character descriptions, which admittedly is a terrible way of judging worth, and judging the fact that they literally said "on par with the previous GL's." They don't need to stomp Rey and SLKR into the dirt, but these GL's are far from "on par" as a general statement.
  • There's a difference between nitpicking character descriptions, which admittedly is a terrible way of judging worth, and judging the fact that they literally said "on par with the previous GL's." They don't need to stomp Rey and SLKR into the dirt, but these GL's are far from "on par" as a general statement.

    Many are currently using character description to accommodate their beliefs of what a character is. People are complaining that JML is a "tank" that does massive damage...he is a GL and I would certainly assume better damage than other tanks. Malak is a tank as well and does terrific damage, whereas Plo is a tank and is horrible? But I ultimately agree, SEE needs some minor buffs/polish to his kit, and JML needs some tweaking.
  • Starl0rd wrote: »
    There's a difference between nitpicking character descriptions, which admittedly is a terrible way of judging worth, and judging the fact that they literally said "on par with the previous GL's." They don't need to stomp Rey and SLKR into the dirt, but these GL's are far from "on par" as a general statement.

    Many are currently using character description to accommodate their beliefs of what a character is. People are complaining that JML is a "tank" that does massive damage...he is a GL and I would certainly assume better damage than other tanks. Malak is a tank as well and does terrific damage, whereas Plo is a tank and is horrible? But I ultimately agree, SEE needs some minor buffs/polish to his kit, and JML needs some tweaking.

    Many are, but I think all are justified considering they were specifically marketed as "on par." Which they obviously are not.
  • XaVii wrote: »
    Translation: I Want JML invencible, i dont want old legends with very good mods can counter him.

    If a full team of DR can beat JML after changes then so be it. However when it can win 5v3 then then that’s not ok.
    Making his jedi legacy buff undispellable unpreventable, and even making those buffs from his ultimate a flat rate increase that stays the rest of battle, would not make him invincible by any means.
  • GJO
    151 posts Member
    He doesn't need buff. Period.
  • Starslayer
    399 posts Member
    edited November 13
    I finally tried using JML's Ultimate, here are some feedback.

    So far I agree with what said before: it doesn't change the fight. I don't find it too slow to charge though. When it's slowed, it's because of buff immunities, but without that, it could be pretty fast. You basically have 2 options imo: 1) you rush to it, it's charged pretty fast but you miss on your classic and powerful openers. 2) you go for it after using your powerful openers. Either is fine, but whatever option I chose, it didn't change the fights in PvP. I don't win more easily than when I didn't have the ultimate. I still struggle with JML lead vs JML with JKR lead+Wat, against which it's still more efficient to play JKR lead imo.

    I hoped that Ultimate would allow me to beat GL team without using GAS and/or JKL, but I didn't find the right comp yet.

    Maybe Ultimate would allow me to beat GL Palp without trouble. Didn't test it yet.

    Don't know about defense, don't have shard feedback yet.

    TL;DR: Agree with what was said before so far: Ultimate in JML doesn't change anything, at least in PvP.

    And skipping a turn when you use it means it's not necessarely a good move to transform, which is kinda sad.

    Edit: Too bad his ultimate doesn't do anything for his durability, not even for a limited time. It would be on par with the movie and his tank status.
    Post edited by Starslayer on
  • GJO wrote: »
    He doesn't need buff. Period.

    He needs a buff. Period.
  • TVF
    25893 posts Member
    Blake085 wrote: »
    GJO wrote: »
    He doesn't need buff. Period.

    He needs a buff. Period.

    The forums summarized in two posts.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Blake085 wrote: »
    GJO wrote: »
    He doesn't need buff. Period.

    He needs a buff. Period.

    The forums summarized in two posts.

    Right? Haha
  • Nitrogen
    118 posts Member
    edited November 13
    I feel like this is a pretty good evaluation of all the GL's looking at every aspect of the game... Spoiler Alert - Luke comes in last place

  • I agree more with itsJustIan ranking of the GL where he ranks SEE last
    For some unknown reason Ahnaldt likes to tell everyone SEE is good when he is not. Maybe he wants people to farm a bad character


    Yeah. Basically this. JML is far more valuable then SEE.
    JML just needs an ult fix and tweak.
    SEE needs a kit overhaul.
  • Nitrogen
    118 posts Member
    edited November 13
    I agree more with itsJustIan ranking of the GL where he ranks SEE last
    For some unknown reason Ahnaldt likes to tell everyone SEE is good when he is not. Maybe he wants people to farm a bad character



    Interesting, it seems like Ian puts a ton of his value and ranking into the prerequisites, which is fine and he is quite clear about it, but I have to disagree with him. His ranking of Rey over SLKR seems crazy to me because he just brushes off the Sith raid. I think he says "I never get in the top ten anymore so I don't even worry about the raid". If you had SLKR YOU WOULD get in the top 10! The Sith raid still has the best rewards in the game, it's far to important to not factor into rankings.


    As to the two new ones, he seems to rank SEE lower than GML because of the prerequisites. I will agree that Luke's prerequisites are very good characters for the most part, so I won't disagree there. That said, in his overall ranking he doesn't account for some of the aspects in the game like Ahnaldt does: Being able to solo teams, SEE can solo some of the best teams in the game, GML can't really solo anything. TB's - SEE seems like a monster in TB's where as GML is good, but needs other great Jedi to get 4/4.

    All in all, it's pretty sad that the two shiny new Galactic Legends are worse in just about every way, than the old ones.

  • Would have to see how JML performs on offense with secondary jedi like GMY, KAM, Shaak +X and what teams he can take out aswell as what LS Geo TB team one could forge. His requirements alone are a strong argument for him though. So far I agree with none of these ranking lists, SLKR has to be the #1 and SEE has to be the #4. Question is where to put Rey and JML. I'd probably place JML on #2 just because he's so much easier to obtain for long term players when you get JKL (which you should do) and gear up the CLS and Mom team (which you should also do) without inflating your roster too much.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • EAS
    89 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    They did make a statement they are looking at him too, but he does seem to be on par with the older GLs, despite the points you made.

    Not sure what metric you are using. I don’t know a single person with all 4 GLs who thinks Luke is on par.

    He is a liability on defense. He does nothing in the raids. On offense you need very expensive teams to compete.

    Kylo is competitive without stealing a single character from another team.

    Ah, that's why the whale/kraken guys on my shard that possess all 4 GL's switched from Rey to JML.

    They didnt change from rey to jml.... they changed from rey+TITANS to jml+TITANS
    whitout those toons taken from other teams rey and jml suck big time (i have them both 😎) while kylo and see dont break another teams (i have slkr)
  • 4ffelusytizw.pnglz0ghzuv1a5c.png
    JML is "fine". As fine it can be. Kylo needs a god **** nerf.

  • pånøs wrote: »
    JML is "fine". As fine it can be. Kylo needs a god **** nerf.

    I am seeing this too. Have been pitting JML vs. SLKR and SLKR JML counter teams on auto and the matches go too close to be such that the AI could win when human is playing the SLKR. In other words, it is too easy for Kylo to win vs. JML.
  • I find this thread weird. As a non-JKL Rey owner, SLKR is beatable 100%, mirrors mostly although rather slow, JML nigh unbeatable - with some comps I can get Rey’s ult off before JML, but this brings nothing.
  • Merired wrote: »
    I find this thread weird. As a non-JKL Rey owner, SLKR is beatable 100%, mirrors mostly although rather slow, JML nigh unbeatable - with some comps I can get Rey’s ult off before JML, but this brings nothing.
    Just place JKR lead and you are set.
    SLKR and Rey are good GLs, with SLKR >> Rey. JML and SEE are both terrible with JML less terrible than SEE because
    he is paired with GAS + JKL. Take those two out, he becomes SEE.

  • That's not totally true, but it's also missing a fairly crucial difference: JML can tank and soak whirlwinds and SLKR's stab. SEE doesn't.

    JML also buffs all Jedi, while SEE doesn't do much but let them die and regen prot. I think the point is still generally right, though: a lot of the power of JML is the strength of the Jedi faction, while the Sith faction kinda just has Malak from 2 years ago who doesn't even have prot and works better under SLKR than under SEE.
  • Merired wrote: »
    I find this thread weird. As a non-JKL Rey owner, SLKR is beatable 100%, mirrors mostly although rather slow, JML nigh unbeatable - with some comps I can get Rey’s ult off before JML, but this brings nothing.

    Fake news. No one with Rey has any problem with JML. You simply hit auto and win.
Sign In or Register to comment.