Flashing on Journey Guide?

RTS
196 posts Member
JKL is “flashing” on the journey guide screen (the brackets around him in attached screenshot)

Is this indicative of timing, or closeness to completion?

5y3zu59vn5s6.png

Replies

  • Ltswb1
    425 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    bziwexx8ca5l.png
    JML is flashing on mine. I’m curious too.
  • scuba
    12610 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I believe so. As I got closer on slkr and luke they had that indication
    Edit:
    Hmmm.
    I just went and looked at mine.
    SEE has that blue flashing
    I am 2/15 on quests
    4/5 on required characters.
  • RTS
    196 posts Member
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    bziwexx8ca5l.png
    JML is flashing on mine. I’m curious too.

    How close to JKL are you?
  • RTS
    196 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    I believe so. As I got closer on slkr and luke they had that indication
    Edit:
    Hmmm.
    I just went and looked at mine.
    SEE has that blue flashing
    I am 2/15 on quests
    4/5 on required characters.

    I'm very close on JKL, so was thinking it was on progress.
  • Sewpot
    1558 posts Member
    i7sr64ko1qvs.png
    These are how mine look. I’m 50 away from unlocking Luke,
    Tomorrow I can take another pic once done
  • RTS wrote: »
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    bziwexx8ca5l.png
    JML is flashing on mine. I’m curious too.

    How close to JKL are you?

    I’m obviously closer on JKL than JML since JML requires JKL. But, I am very close to JKL. Need 20 shards of Wampa, and bump him from g11 to relic, and I’ll be done.
  • scuba
    12610 posts Member
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    bziwexx8ca5l.png
    JML is flashing on mine. I’m curious too.

    How close to JKL are you?

    I’m obviously closer on JKL than JML since JML requires JKL. But, I am very close to JKL. Need 20 shards of Wampa, and bump him from g11 to relic, and I’ll be done.

    Is jkl the last requirement you need for GL luke?
  • scuba wrote: »
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    bziwexx8ca5l.png
    JML is flashing on mine. I’m curious too.

    How close to JKL are you?

    I’m obviously closer on JKL than JML since JML requires JKL. But, I am very close to JKL. Need 20 shards of Wampa, and bump him from g11 to relic, and I’ll be done.

    Is jkl the last requirement you need for GL luke?

    No. Only at 3/15 quests completed. Still need to star up Chewpio and Mon Mothma, gear up 4 others, and raise relic levels on the rest.
  • And that’s why I don’t think it’s a “closeness to completion” signal. Unless it doesn’t work very well comparatively between GL’s and other events.
  • Can we get an official opinion on this @CG_Doja_Fett ?
  • JML is also flashing on mine. Though I have all the requirements for JKL
  • Kisakee
    1167 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I think it's a subtile indication on what you should focus next as the game "thinks" you're closer to unlock this particular character.

    Edit: Okay, scratch that idea. My JML is flashing, i'm at 0/15 while having 7/15 on SEE.
    Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid.
  • Maybe it’s cos the event isn’t playable through the journey guide? Which doesn’t make sense or jml wouldn’t flash for people, but it’s the best I’ve got.
  • RTS
    196 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Kisakee wrote: »
    I think it's a subtile indication on what you should focus next as the game "thinks" you're closer to unlock this particular character.

    Edit: Okay, scratch that idea. My JML is flashing, i'm at 0/15 while having 7/15 on SEE.

    I have 1 character to go from 12 to 13, then 3 others from 10 to 13 and I’m good for JKL.

    But I also assume JKL is coming back relatively soon (end of the month or Dec) so that may be it?

    Would be odd if that was it after so long of no notice on events though?

    Edit: I missed your JML flashing, that is weird - none of my GLs are.
  • The flashing means you have not completed it fully. My KAM mission is flashing as well. WAT flashed until I got him to 7* then it went solid.
  • I've got Jedi Master Luke flashing, while technically he is the closest GL for me I only have the Ywing ready, and am miles away from any other prerequisites.
  • The flashing means you have not completed it fully. My KAM mission is flashing as well. WAT flashed until I got him to 7* then it went solid.

    If this was true, then my JKL would be flashing like the OPs. Instead my JML is flashing.
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »
    The flashing means you have not completed it fully. My KAM mission is flashing as well. WAT flashed until I got him to 7* then it went solid.

    If this was true, then my JKL would be flashing like the OPs. Instead my JML is flashing.

    He's confusing the greyed out / interference pattern that overlays the avatar of all journey guide toons that you haven't unlocked yet with the blue corner highlighters that blink on and off.

    It's JML flashing for me too, but that might not be surprising with just Mon Mothma and Chewpio left to go on the requirements list.
  • scuba
    12610 posts Member
    Wonder if it has to do with this page
    cYoJKcx.png

    and not this page
    WWrUqvs.png
  • My JML is flashing too, despite me only being a couple toons from SEE and nowhere near getting any of the other three. I'm technically closer to SLKR than JML, so I have no clue what it's referencing. And for the record, I don't even have JKL or Wampa, so if it's the game indicating what it thinks I should go for, it's dead wrong. It's probably some sort of visual bug or something.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Wonder if it has to do with this page
    cYoJKcx.png

    and not this page
    WWrUqvs.png

    Speaking of, I’ve never understood why those pages are different. Did they forget to update the first when they released the last group of requirements? That could really mess up someone who only looked at the first page and thought those were all the requirements.
  • RTS
    196 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Doja_Fett any input?

    This is really interesting.
  • Sewpot
    1558 posts Member
    3932fkz5pzrl.jpeg
    um84wj5ix4r6.jpeg

    Something else of interest. Once I unlocked Luke today it was gold. Now it’s changed to look like rey??
    I actually like it better all gold to be honest lol
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    3932fkz5pzrl.jpeg
    um84wj5ix4r6.jpeg

    Something else of interest. Once I unlocked Luke today it was gold. Now it’s changed to look like rey??
    I actually like it better all gold to be honest lol
    Is that related to ultimate / non ultimate, perhaps?
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Wonder if it has to do with this page
    cYoJKcx.png

    and not this page
    WWrUqvs.png

    Speaking of, I’ve never understood why those pages are different. Did they forget to update the first when they released the last group of requirements? That could really mess up someone who only looked at the first page and thought those were all the requirements.

    On the first page, the 4/5 is not talking about the prerequisites, it’s talking about how many of the characters needed for the missions you have. Until you unlock the relevant GL this will always say 4/5 (or more - my JML page says 10/11).

  • RTS
    196 posts Member
    Throwing a bump on this.
  • Agreed. Update, I now have all the requirements met for JKL, and yet my JML is still the one flashing.
  • RTS
    196 posts Member
    One final "bump" to see if we can get a response or answer on this, then I'll let it die forever.
Sign In or Register to comment.