GL Rey vs no GL

WhoDat
55 posts Member
edited November 2020
Still not a a matchup... not even close...

a toddler with a battery powered handheld calculator, batteries removed, would easily build more comprehensive matchmaking algorithms...

Although to be transparent and fair, I’ll warn you that some toddlers play cognition games like ‘Guess Who’ or ‘Go Fish’, and the highly advanced skills that such toddlers may obtain from such deeply refined concepts of ‘matching’ may pose as an intellectual superiority and such advanced training “is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural”

If I were asked “is it possible to learn this power?”

I could only respond with “Not from a Jedi”

Either fix matchmaking or rename it ‘munchkin rewards’...

...unless fixed or transparent is too much to ask, if that’s the case, I’ll continue to expect nothing...

But hey on the bright side, the repercussions for said match only last another 3-4 weeks, that’s pretty awesome 👏
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• What
  • Yes this is a problem, especially in 3v3. I've had a couple opponents who, when I look at their profile and see no GL, pretty much know that unless they prepped and saved a dedicated counter, Rey + Han + Chewie will be a complete brick wall for them with no chance of winning. I can't imagine it's any fun for them, and likely very discouraging.

This is even worse considering I'm in the process of earning JML shards, so soon it will be occasionally 2 GL v 0.
  • WhoDat wrote: »
    Still not a a matchup... not even close...

a toddler with a battery powered handheld calculator, batteries removed, would easily build more comprehensive matchmaking algorithms...
    A toddler would have figured out by now that if after 8 months of GL release they are still don't have a GL/counter and are getting matched with GLs, it's not the matchmaking that's wrong.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    In the beginning, people who paid or worked for a GL deserve an advantage.

At this point anyone could have a GL and if you don't have one, you deserve a disadvantage.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • You don't even have to be at a disadvantage if you manage your roster effectively.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    You don't even have to be at a disadvantage if you manage your roster effectively.

You could even argue that not having one is an advantage if you build your roster well. I can build a team to counter GLs far more efficiently than acquiring a GL.