I'm trying to drop ranks in Arena

Okay so lemme explain what's going on. I'm trying to work on the Jedi Knight prestigious quest, and one of the requirements is that you win 10 squad arena battles with Jedi. I've got a few solid Jedi, but since I got up to my current level back when the clones were Meta-breaking, I've been stuck in a part of the arena where I can't use my Jedi reasonably.

So as a result I've been trying to drop down to much lower ranks, where my Jedi will be more acceptable, and the Meta will have less of a stranglehold. Thus far I've tried to accomplish this by just... setting up really weak characters for defense. With the most recent adjustments taking my squad from 97k down to 13k and now all the way down to 2k. Yet despite this, I've been unable to get my arena ranking to drop below 2200

is this some sort of in-game mechanic designed to prevent people from losing too many ranks? Or are people just not attempting to attack this 2k team for some reason?

If anyone has any advice on how to drop ranks as fast as possible, please let me know.

Replies

• Put in Hermit Yoda by himself

I'm afraid I haven't acquired the hermit yet. though that's not a bad idea

I'm afraid I haven't acquired the hermit yet. though that's not a bad idea
    Do you have any of the autoretreat characters?

Mon Mothma? C3PO? Wat?
  • Do you have any of the autoretreat characters?

Mon Mothma? C3PO? Wat?

No Auto retreat characters, though I suppose I could just send out a single low level character.
  • Odds are that you are in the inactive portion of your arena. Nobody below your current rank is playing anymore.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Odds are that you are in the inactive portion of your arena. Nobody below your current rank is playing anymore.

this is probably the most likely situation if you are already at 2200 in arena.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Odds are that you are in the inactive portion of your arena. Nobody below your current rank is playing anymore.

Then is there any way for me to drop further?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Then is there any way for me to drop further?

it doesn't seem likely if you have a team that weak in and dont drop past that number.

the shard system here seem so to be designed to allow for many players who dont really get into the game to not effect the shard system. so they are really big, but generally speaking fade down to smaller numbers, without the active portion really noticing.

it doesn't seem likely if you have a team that weak in and dont drop past that number.

the shard system here seem so to be designed to allow for many players who dont really get into the game to not effect the shard system. so they are really big, but generally speaking fade down to smaller numbers, without the active portion really noticing.

So I just have to wait for someone active that's climbing into my tier to hopefully kick me down into the active level of the tier below at some point?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

So I just have to wait for someone active that's climbing into my tier to hopefully kick me down into the active level of the tier below at some point?

you could, but you might have better luck tracking someone down that you can talk to and work out a dummy team for you to battle.

you could, but you might have better luck tracking someone down that you can talk to and work out a dummy team for you to battle.

Where and how would I even begin to do that?
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    As others have said, everyone in your shard below 2200 is probably less than active. The best you can do is put one level 1 g1 one character in and hope for the best.

In addition to not many active players at that level, I think the swing in ranks you can see is bigger that far down. So some of the occasionally active people may also not be seeing you.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Where and how would I even begin to do that?

yes...... haha

look for someone you see as being active in the range where you hang out. from there look for their guild, as that is usually a fairly open line of communication, and see if you can reach them.
  • Maybe a better solution here would be to work on your Jedi a bit. How bad are they (or how good are the teams around you) that you can't win with them in the 2000+ rank range?
  • ClaytonCarmine
    19 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Maybe a better solution here would be to work on your Jedi a bit. How bad are they (or how good are the teams around you) that you can't win with them in the 2000+ rank range?

I have a G12 7S General Kenobi, I have a G10 7S Kanaan and Ezra, I have a G9 7S GM Yoda and Ashoka Tano, I have G8 4S Bastilla Shan(J), and I have a G7 5S Jolee Bindo. Everything else is below G7-5S

My usual slate of opponents is G11-to-G12 7S Geonosians, or G12+ 7S Revan-centric Teams.

at the 2000 mark it's almost entirely G11 First Order teams and G10 Geonosian teams for me, and without an execute I've found myself unable to kill unmasked Kylo. So I'm stuck
  • Maybe a better solution here would be to work on your Jedi a bit. How bad are they (or how good are the teams around you) that you can't win with them in the 2000+ rank range?

I have a G12 7S General Kenobi, I have a G10 7S Kanaan and Ezra, I have a G9 7S GM Yoda and Ashoka Tano, I have G8 4S Bastilla Shan(J), and I have a G7 5S Jolee Bindo. Everything else is below G7-5S

My usual slate of opponents is G11-to-G12 7S Geonosians, or G12+ 7S Revan-centric Teams.

at the 2000 mark it's almost entirely G11 First Order teams and G10 Geonosian teams for me, and without an execute I've found myself unable to kill unmasked Kylo. So I'm stuck

It is worth noting I did secure a SINGLE one of the ten wins against a fluke opponent who had a bastille team with Sidious and Maul in it for some reason, outside of that I haven't been able to win against anyone else.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Maybe a better solution here would be to work on your Jedi a bit. How bad are they (or how good are the teams around you) that you can't win with them in the 2000+ rank range?

If your jedi can't kill a g11 FO team you definitely should upgrade your jedi. GMY hits hard when geared and modded. Kanaan doesn't do much for your team since you already have GK. Gear up Jolee and use him instead (zetaed) or add JKA for extra damage or even farm OR to unlock JKR (and save that jedi quest for when you are ready).

If you want more detailed advice for your jedi please post a link to your profile on swgoh.gg.
  • zBastilla zGMY GK jolee Ahsoka
    easily kills even a G12 FO team if done right.

Bastilla stunning KRU is key, although I would prefer Plo Koon to GK for that battle.