Any potential for non GL arena teams?

Jpfit262
364 posts Member
edited November 10
I know theory crafting is a hobby for some folks. My DR/Malak squad is getting a little stale and not very competitive. I’m waiting for JL so that I can finish old Luke GL reqs. In the meantime is there any non GL team comps that compete against the current meta?

*** other than 501st ***
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

  • Maybe DR versus JML / Jedi. DR squads could creep into my top 50 before the new GLs were released. They were full r7 with very good mods.

    My current top 50 is currently all Rey, Kylo and the newer squad; GML with GAS, JKL, JKR and Wat.

    Oh and it's full of SEE*

    * er, not it's not. There isn't one.
  • scuba
    12607 posts Member
    There are lots of non GL teams that can beat GL teams on offense.
    They will however become a major target on defense.
  • AlexanderG wrote: »

    My current top 50 is currently all Rey, Kylo and the newer squad; GML with GAS, JKL, JKR and Wat.

    Oh and it's full of SEE*

    * er, not it's not. There isn't one.

    Weird, it's almost as if SEE is a horrible GL

  • My shard has a few DR/Thrawn/KRU that climb to the top every day through the FO hordes. Not great mods, probably just a lot of refreshes.

    Also a JKR lead squad with JKL.
  • If you develop consistent GL counters you can work your way up through the leaderboard.

    I have no GL (yet, Im working on JML) but I consistently climb to top 5 in my arena shard by using counter teams. The downside is you drop hard. You will fall a lot and it might take 1 or 2 refreshes to get back, sometimes I fall into the 60s but mostly just the 40-50 range

    I have a GL counter for Rey and Kylo that I use to get through them. For Rey I use DR, bastilla, GBA, Wat, and Thrawn. This beats all the Rey teams in my arena who all use Jedi under her( this comp does not work on Reys with Malak but I never see those in my arena). I would recommend finding a video of this team to get you more acquainted with it

    For Kylo I have 2 teams to deal with him. JKR, bastilla, JKL, old ben, and hermit yoda. I also use GAS, Chewie, Han, Fives, and 3po. Again I would search up videos of these teams as they require some specific modding to succeed
  • Straegen
    127 posts Member
    edited November 18
    DR variants can counter every GL team. DR, BSF, Thrawn, Alpha, Han can pretty much handle them all.

    If you want a "fun" team, JTR, Chew, Han, C3P0, ResTroop manhandles all sorts of GL teams.
  • Straegen wrote: »
    DR variants can counter every GL team. DR, BSF, Thrawn, Alpha, Han can pretty much handle them all.

    If you want a "fun" team, JTR, Chew, Han, C3P0, ResTroop manhandles all sorts of GL teams.

    Really?
  • Straegen
    127 posts Member
    edited November 19
    DR there are a lot of videos of various counters. Han is used to stun Wat preventing tank tech. Thrawn Fractures GLs while DR fears slowing the team down long enough to murder everything else. Double tanks become an issue but they can be handled with Malak, Traya, etc.

    As for JTR the Expose mechanic makes ResTrooper a TM monster.
  • Straegen wrote: »
    DR there are a lot of videos of various counters. Han is used to stun Wat preventing tank tech. Thrawn Fractures GLs while DR fears slowing the team down long enough to murder everything else. Double tanks become an issue but they can be handled with Malak, Traya, etc.

    As for JTR the Expose mechanic makes ResTrooper a TM monster.

    LOL. What a counter
Sign In or Register to comment.