Shard Economy Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• Mikek
    110 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I dont care if it is 50 or 15% reduction. Its clearly a nerf for them to make more money on gear. From both newbies and old players. Newbies will now have more toons to gear up and old players will have less gear from shard store. If they said this directly I would actually had less problem with it. Its not bad to want more money. Its bad to lie about it. Remember when they said kyrotechs were introduced to alleviate gear crunch on stun guns and other gear? And then slkr needed 700 kyros and 400 stun guns at the same time.
  • Sarbitar wrote: »
    It doesn't divide your shard shop income in two. More like a 15% reduction at most. You have other sources of shard shop income. It still sucks but no need to exaggerate.

Of course "by two" was exageration. But its definitely not a 15% - a lot more. But I'm not gonna spend time to make a good probablity calculations. The thing is I definitely don't buy the explanation "we can not do this" - this is simply not true.

No it is 15%. Someone did the math that you don't want to do.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Sarbitar wrote: »
    No it is 15%. Someone did the math that you don't want to do.

Well...No it is not :).

I will give you an example - if you spend 100k ally points you will get half of currency for "one's" and the other for "completes". So now you will get the same amount of currency for "one's" (because the prices doubled, so nothing changed), and only half of currency for "completes". This is not 15%.

And that's with the assumption "ones" and "completes" are 50/50. They are not - usually I got more for completes.

Here's some screen i found in the internet - look at the shard division.
    mwjvej67z941.png

Does that screen come with a table saying how many were individual shards and how many were full unlocks? We might assume the ones with huge numbers of shards had some full unlocks, but some of them could be individual drops (which are now two) so we can't tell the ratio from just the screenshot.

If we say for example, 75% of character drops were single shards, 15% were 10 shard unlocks, and 10% were 25 shard unlocks, we have a shard shop value of 4.75x. Under the new system, the singles become 2, so we have a value of 5.5x, but the buying power is halved, so about 2.75x compared to the old system. This is about 58% of the old system. Obviously these numbers were pulled out of the air, and is ignoring 80 shard unlocks, but I'm just trying to show we need to know the rates.

I'm not saying the other person was correct in that the nerf is only 15%, but just that the picture doesn't tell much. Additionally, the 15% was probably taking into account GW, GW store, arena store, and cantina store. Obviously those are a fixed rate, and the more shards that are doubled, the less of a nerf from bronzium full drops. I don't know if it's 15%, because I don't know the rates for bronzium. Also, shards from arena store depends on rank, and shards from cantina store depend on refreshes (but you'd also get more ally points).

Again, not saying 15% reduction is right or wrong, just that that picture doesn't contain a lot of information. I think most peoples point is, it's a nerf for older players, no matter the size, until/unless the full character bronzium drops are fixed.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    I also think what DarkHelmet was saying is that you get shard shop currency from other shard locations that were not nerfed, such as GW store, Assault Battles, Raids etc. The 15% decrease was referring to shard shop currency as a whole.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Sure 37% less from bronzium in this instance, but overall impact is less due to other shard locations.

I didn’t see anything mentioning daily logins either. So these are also cut in half for shard shop currency value?
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Sarbitar wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    Sure 37% less from bronzium in this instance, but overall impact is less due to other shard locations.

I didn’t see anything mentioning daily logins either. So these are also cut in half for shard shop currency value?

No - the prices were doubled so any other shop is neutral.

Raids were not doubled. Rewards from events (like home one, endurance, etc) were not doubled so another nerf. So overall it is way more than 37%

The Fleet Commander blueprints convert at double the old value (30 SSC vs 15) as with all other ship blueprints, so no change there. Same applies for Raid reward characters. They are Original rate, so they also convert for 30 SSC instead of 15.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Right the other locations (accounting for a significant portion of ssc) still reward the same. Either they doubled the shards or doubled the value.

Your example is 100% bronzium, but bronzium might only be 50% of total Shard Shop income. This being the case for my example (working off of yours) the effective nerf would still only be half of 37%= 18.5%.
    It doesn't divide your shard shop income in two. More like a 15% reduction at most. You have other sources of shard shop income. It still sucks but no need to exaggerate.

Of course "by two" was exageration. But its definitely not a 15% - a lot more. But I'm not gonna spend time to make a good probablity calculations. The thing is I definitely don't buy the explanation "we can not do this" - this is simply not true.

From the large drops of ally points people posted it looks like about 15 shards a day (old system) was from bronizums. That is assuming you earn 10k ally points a day which is probably a high estimate.

Now for other sources

2.5 a day from cantina store (low estimate)
    7.5 a day from arena store (low estimate
    15 a day from gw store
    5 a day from gw (though occasionally I get 7)

So if you lose 6 out of 45 shards, that's a 13.3% reduction. And that is assuming a high ally point income and conservative estimates on the other stores and completely ignoring shards from events. So 15% is a high estimate to the nerf. 10% is probably more accurate.

Math doesn't lie.
  • Mikek wrote: »
    I dont care if it is 50 or 15% reduction. Its clearly a nerf for them to make more money on gear. From both newbies and old players. Newbies will now have more toons to gear up and old players will have less gear from shard store. If they said this directly I would actually had less problem with it. Its not bad to want more money. Its bad to lie about it. Remember when they said kyrotechs were introduced to alleviate gear crunch on stun guns and other gear? And then slkr needed 700 kyros and 400 stun guns at the same time.

I agree that a 15% nerf is a big issue and needs fixed. But exaggerating the issue helps no one.
  • Konju wrote: »

I'm not sure on that. It looked like 5 on the login screen when I claimed it but pretty sure when I converted it today I had 10 boba shards.
    Konju wrote: »

No - the prices were doubled so any other shop is neutral.

Raids were not doubled. Rewards from events (like home one, endurance, etc) were not doubled so another nerf. So overall it is way more than 37%

The shards from those events and raids convert at double the rate. Ssf I they weren't nerfed at all.
  • there is one more nerf - from bronzium you can get single shard ( which is now double after update ), but also there was a chance to get activated single toon. in case you own the toon already at 7 stars ( like a lot of players ) - you got those shards as reward ( like 80 shards for mace windu, ). this was not change. and now you can exchange those 80 shards and buy half of the amount of gear in compere to time before the update.
  • Mire wrote: »
    there is one more nerf - from bronzium you can get single shard ( which is now double after update ), but also there was a chance to get activated single toon. in case you own the toon already at 7 stars ( like a lot of players ) - you got those shards as reward ( like 80 shards for mace windu, ). this was not change. and now you can exchange those 80 shards and buy half of the amount of gear in compere to time before the update.

That’s the nerf that every single person in this thread is talking about
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    PhatPat84 wrote: »
    Daily logins were not doubled
    bwl0ysy9nknq.jpg

We haven't seen what it is for December yet though.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Right. But the amount of shards given this month was 42. After the update the shard value from the daily login didn't increase to 30 SSC per shard. It stayed at 15 SSC per shard. So unless they give out 84 shards of the character next month,or they update the SSC value of the login shards, then its a nerf.

Right. That's why we have to wait and see for December. But we did technically get robbed of 45 **** coins.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Daily logins were not doubled
    bwl0ysy9nknq.jpg

We haven't seen what it is for December yet though.

Yeah I guess I am fine with one shard reward for November not being doubled to 18. December is where I’m looking. Thanks!
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Shoot, if they introduced a mechanic where just one of the free bronzium pulls was a guaranteed character drop, I would be satisfied.
  • Lets just hope they recognize the fact that the gear crunch has become too agonizing to not ease it a little sometimes soon. While I appreciate the effort to make character shards more easily accessable I a F2P didnt have a problem at all with the speed of preogress. Right now I got 20 7* toons waiting to be geared. All the shard farming nerf does is that very soon I will have 50 toons waiting.
  • nurm
    107 posts Member
    HTWarrior wrote: »
    Lets just hope they recognize the fact that the gear crunch has become too agonizing to not ease it a little sometimes soon. While I appreciate the effort to make character shards more easily accessable I a F2P didnt have a problem at all with the speed of preogress. Right now I got 20 7* toons waiting to be geared. All the shard farming nerf does is that very soon I will have 50 toons waiting.

Sometimes I ask me if am missing something. If you just on shard farming, there is no difference to the situation before. If you balance gear farming and shard farming, you can now get more gear because you need less for shard farming.

• IntrepidFox
    237 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Well the shard changes are kinda making a difference.

Problem is While my new account is getting shards a lot easier now, both my new and my mature account are stuck on a g9 gear piece (nubian security scanner) as it only drops from raids and is rarely available for crystals.

Feels terrible knowing you have to wait for a raid to have a chance to move past g9. Honestly, bigger problems could have been tackled with far less effort. The effort is appreciated, but it hasn’t made it any difference to me on my new account. I have tons of 7* characters already that i just can’t do a darn thing with.

Edit: Didn’t realise but Rancor raid just paid out. No luck this time round. Time to wait.
  • So Rebel Round Up is not giving double character shards as it should and we isn't going to give double on ship shards. Fleet battles don't give double shards. Bronzium doesn't give double shards...

CG took a pile c... wrapped it in bow and called it a present.

This update is an insult to older players and just made getting GLs much slower.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    So Rebel Round Up is not giving double character shards as it should and we isn't going to give double on ship shards. Fleet battles don't give double shards. Bronzium doesn't give double shards...

CG took a pile c... wrapped it in bow and called it a present.

This update is an insult to older players and just made getting GLs much slower.

Rebel Roundup is absolutely giving double shards.
  • Well the shard changes are kinda making a difference.

Problem is While my new account is getting shards a lot easier now, both my new and my mature account are stuck on a g9 gear piece (nubian security scanner) as it only drops from raids and is rarely available for crystals.

Feels terrible knowing you have to wait for a raid to have a chance to move past g9. Honestly, bigger problems could have been tackled with far less effort. The effort is appreciated, but it hasn’t made it any difference to me on my new account. I have tons of 7* characters already that i just can’t do a darn thing with.

Edit: Didn’t realise but Rancor raid just paid out. No luck this time round. Time to wait.

Check in weekly shipments for full item not salvage. I have 4 Nubian security scanners currently there for purchase.