Shard Economy Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    So its not just the bronzium packs that are at issue, all of the extra characters from events don't appear to be doubled as well, effectively resulting in getting half the shard currency from those events. Really wish they just left the currency the same and let us get more gear, it would go a long way to helping the gear crunch.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    x72821 wrote: »
    So its not just the bronzium packs that are at issue, all of the extra characters from events don't appear to be doubled as well, effectively resulting in getting half the shard currency from those events. Really wish they just left the currency the same and let us get more gear, it would go a long way to helping the gear crunch.

This is not true, which events are you referring to?

They listed assault battles as an example of ones that are doubled and they were.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    No change, no fix. I just don’t want this to die, but it certainly feels over to me. Many changes could work:

1. Double full character drops from Bronziums.
    2. Adjust shard shop prices to account for this resulting 10-15% decrease in shard shop gear from the Bronzium nerf.
    3. Reward 1 full character Bronzium daily. 10, 25, 50, or 80 shards a day will not destroy the game.
    4. Reward more shards from other events (GW, Assault Battles, Galactic challenges, Ally token shipments, etc.)
    5. Double ally tokens.
    6. Cut cost of Bronziums in half.
    I’m sure there are many other proposed fixes that would work as well.

No change doesn’t necessarily mean it was an intentional nerf, but either they DO care and are INCOMPETENT or they simply DO NOT care about the nerf at all. BTW it could still have been an intentional nerf.

Lastly, I am happy to help new players and am glad CG is taking steps to secure a brighter future for the game, but not by hurting the huge existing player base (evidenced by the huge number of Division 1 players). Please DO something. It is past time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Konju wrote: »
    No change, no fix. I just don’t want this to die, but it certainly feels over to me. Many changes could work:

2. Adjust shard shop prices to account for this resulting 10-15% decrease in shard shop gear from the Bronzium nerf.
    3. Reward 1 full character Bronzium daily. 10, 25, 50, or 80 shards a day will not destroy the game.
    4. Reward more shards from other events (GW, Assault Battles, Galactic challenges, Ally token shipments, etc.)
    5. Double ally tokens.

No change doesn’t necessarily mean it was an intentional nerf, but either they DO care and are INCOMPETENT or they simply DO NOT care about the nerf at all. BTW it could still have been an intentional nerf.

Lastly, I am happy to help new players and am glad CG is taking steps to secure a brighter future for the game, but not by hurting the huge existing player base (evidenced by the huge number of Division 1 players). Please DO something. It is past time.

Or, as they have stated they will likely be looking at the gear economy too, and this change will be balanced out when they do that. Since they dont like to commit to things that are not "ready" they cannot come out and directly say that.....

Also lets keep in perspective that actual size of the change, when saying they are "hurting players"
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

5. Double ally tokens.

Or, as they have stated they will likely be looking at the gear economy too, and this change will be balanced out when they do that. Since they dont like to commit to things that are not "ready" they cannot come out and directly say that.....

Also lets keep in perspective that actual size of the change, when saying they are "hurting players"

You are right they did say they were going to look at gear economy. Viewing their “timely” response to other issues we can expect that in 2022. Hyperbole potentially, but you get my point. It IS a nerf NOW.

I believe I said 10-15% gear from shard shop in the post you quoted. I don’t believe I have exaggerated the degree to which they have hurt our gear farming. I believe the word “hurt” is appropriate as the gear crunch was always harder than the shard crunch.

Again, helping new players is great.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    As soon as they provide a fix, I will thank them. I don’t hate the devs, but I will fight for them to stand by their statements.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

5. Double ally tokens.

You are right they did say they were going to look at gear economy. Viewing their “timely” response to other issues we can expect that in 2022. Hyperbole potentially, but you get my point. It IS a nerf NOW.

I believe I said 10-15% gear from shard shop in the post you quoted. I don’t believe I have exaggerated the degree to which they have hurt our gear farming. I believe the word “hurt” is appropriate as the gear crunch was always harder than the shard crunch.

Yep, and look at how long that 15% takes to add up to 1 piece of gear. It being a nerf now, and taking 6-9 months to fix, adds up to maybe a couple of full pieces of gear.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    As soon as they provide a fix, I will thank them. I don’t hate the devs, but I will fight for them to stand by their statements.

They are standing by every statement they have made.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Net neutral is not met.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

5. Double ally tokens.

Yep, and look at how long that 15% takes to add up to 1 piece of gear. It being a nerf now, and taking 6-9 months to fix, adds up to maybe a couple of full pieces of gear.

I believe you are undercutting the issue.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Net neutral is not met.
    Ok, this is a lot to comb through. I've asked for a summation of key points raised by the comments in this thread, and will work on getting feedback to address some of those recurring points.

Might take a few days, as tomorrow is a holiday. But, I know the goal here was to make it easier for newer players to unlock and level up units, while also trying as much as possible to minimally effect other parts of the economy for elder players.

Will keep y'all updated when I have more.

• Konju
    1180 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    The original post was “neutral” not minimal. You should know you started the thread. If you choose to take the second statement you have just allowed CG to not stand by their first statement.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited December 2020
    Options

5. Double ally tokens.

Its math. 15% of daily shard shop currency is not a huge amount. What you buy there are pieces some that need 20-50 to make part of a piece of a piece of gear.

I have not run the actual numbers so I left my comment vague to say a couple of pieces, but if someone ran the math even for 1 year, I would think its closer to 2 than 10. I think a couple is fitting, maybe a few.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

5. Double ally tokens.

Its math. 15% of daily shard shop currency is not a huge amount. What you buy there are pieces some that need 20-50 to make part of a piece of a piece of gear.

I have not run the actual numbers so I left my comment vague to say a couple of pieces, but if someone ran the math even for 1 year, I would think its closer to 2 than 10. I think a couple is fitting, maybe a few.

Happy to meet you at 6, a full gear tier. Could have another relic in the roster. It matters.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The original post was “neutral” not minimal. You should know you started the thread. If you choose to take the second statement you have just allowed CG to not stand by their first statement.

You are correct, I will allow people to get close and keep an understanding that, that was the intention the whole time. I also understand that certain things do not work out the way everyone wants them to, but they are still going to do their best to make things happen.

I also understand that there is an input of effort vs outcome examination of every situation, and that some projects have a scope that doesnt allow for certain things to be addressed to the fullest extent.

I also understand that the losses here are fairly minimal, but not "non existant", and IMO if they plan to address it, as they have stated as firmly as they can at this time, then this is a good situation and change that will benefit everyone and I would prefer their time/effort be put into other things than addressing this further.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

5. Double ally tokens.

Happy to meet you at 6, a full gear tier. Could have another relic in the roster. It matters.

You would have to show your math on that one. I would love to see you close out g13 on 1 toon only from bronzium and the shard shop. That is a stretch.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

You are correct, I will allow people to get close and keep an understanding that, that was the intention the whole time. I also understand that certain things do not work out the way everyone wants them to, but they are still going to do their best to make things happen.

I also understand that there is an input of effort vs outcome examination of every situation, and that some projects have a scope that doesnt allow for certain things to be addressed to the fullest extent.

I also understand that the losses here are fairly minimal, but not "non existant", and IMO if they plan to address it, as they have stated as firmly as they can at this time, then this is a good situation and change that will benefit everyone and I would prefer their time/effort be put into other things than addressing this further.

I understand you are happy to drop it. Feel free to do so, it is absolutely your right. I am not happy to drop it.

When every game mode (especially new ones) is dependent upon high gear levels, any nerf to the acquisition of gear is of the most importance to me. The new content rewards being slowed by needing niche faction-based characters and gear for niche factions and nerfing that gear only makes the new content less engaging and rewarding. This is especially important for GC content and the new mod slicing materials IMO.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

5. Double ally tokens.

You would have to show your math on that one. I would love to see you close out g13 on 1 toon only from bronzium and the shard shop. That is a stretch.

In 6-9 months, I believe the amount of currency would be such. Plenty of math earlier in the thread on how this equates to a stun gun a month. Granted stuns are cheaper. So maybe G11-G12 would be more accurate.

Plus if people are intelligent with their resource efficiency, they aren’t wasting their ally tokens on nerfed Bronziums until there is a fix. The nerf is circumstantially much larger. Full player data would be required to see how many people have decided to hoard the ally token resource vs spend it. I have no access to such data so it is circumstantial.
  • Options
    You can't ever get a universal figure how impactful the change is on average since it's player farming specific.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

5. Double ally tokens.

Your snarkiness never gets old though. I truly do find it enjoyable. I chuckle often.

I get you want me to drop it. I’m sure CG wants to drop it too. If we let them, they just keep winning in these situations.

Stand by your initial statement, CG. Make it right and the issue will be dropped.
  • Options
    CG doesn't want or not want you to drop it. It's Kyno's personal motivation to straighten things out on every single topic while feigning objectivity. Though he doesn't realise it hurts more than it helps in most instances.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    You can't ever get a universal figure how impactful the change is on average since it's player farming specific.

Absolutely right. We are also using numbers based upon RNG for all of the math earlier. RNG takes any ability to be accurate out of the equation. This nerf is a larger impact to some than others for sure.

Double bronzium full character drops then. Double ally token acquisition. Cut in half the price of Bronziums. No change in the shard shop economy with these changes. If they simply double the bronzium full drop, are they not also helping new players get those older characters faster?
  • Options

Didn't Bulldog do the math & it came to 2 StunGuns a Month.

So that is 12-18 StunGuns by your own timeline.

Lets face it the easiest solution wasn't to double the single shard drops, the easiest solution would have been to cut Bronzium cost in 1/2.

It would have left us with the same amount of shard gear & even given a TINY boost in the form of the crap lowbie gear & creds & resulted in the extremely rare Mk3 Carbanti every couple of months.

It would have been EASY to leave this as a full positive event instead of the sour taste of loosing 2 Stun Guns a month.

• Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    CG doesn't want or not want you to drop it. It's Kyno's personal motivation to straighten things out on every single topic while feigning objectivity. Though he doesn't realise it hurts more than it helps in most instances.

I certainly do not understand his intentions most of the time. And that’s ok. I still respect Kyno. And frankly, I don’t feel he understands my intentions most of the time either.

I am coming from a place of love. I love that the devs made this game, I am excited that they look to a brighter future and are actively trying to improve that future. I dislike there was a nerf when there is no need for it to occur. Fix it and I’m done.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

Absolutely right. We are also using numbers based upon RNG for all of the math earlier. RNG takes any ability to be accurate out of the equation. This nerf is a larger impact to some than others for sure.

Double bronzium full character drops then. Double ally token acquisition. Cut in half the price of Bronziums. No change in the shard shop economy with these changes. If they simply double the bronzium full drop, are they not also helping new players get those older characters faster?

Naw, I don't agree with the rng angle either. You'll see our rngs of full drops flatten as the individual samples expands; like from great variety on 100k tokens to much less variety on 1m etc. It the individual acquisition rate of those tokens that differs between all players.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

Naw, I don't agree with the rng angle either. You'll our rngs of full drops flatten as the individual samples expands; like from great variety on 100k tokens to much less variety on 1m etc. It the individual acquisition rate of those tokens that differs between all players.

I know from a player to player standpoint, RNG definitely matters. For some that have fewer ally tokens, they have a smaller sample to work with than say a whale with many ally points. The larger the sample, the overall less impact of RNG.

I think the RNG impact for the player base as a whole evens out.
  • Options

I certainly do not understand his intentions most of the time. And that’s ok. I still respect Kyno. And frankly, I don’t feel he understands my intentions most of the time either.

I am coming from a place of love. I love that the devs made this game, I am excited that they look to a brighter future and are actively trying to improve that future. I dislike there was a nerf when there is no need for it to occur. Fix it and I’m done.

It is the non official individual who's taken as official spokesperson and confused as a dev most of the time...who even has access to non public information that becomes a problem which otherwise won't exist.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

Naw, I don't agree with the rng angle either. You'll see our rngs of full drops flatten as the individual samples expands; like from great variety on 100k tokens to much less variety on 1m etc. It the individual acquisition rate of those tokens that differs between all players.

I think we agree, I was maybe clunky in my first post you quoted.
  • Options

Naw, I don't agree with the rng angle either. You'll our rngs of full drops flatten as the individual samples expands; like from great variety on 100k tokens to much less variety on 1m etc. It the individual acquisition rate of those tokens that differs between all players.

I know from a player to player standpoint, RNG definitely matters. For some that have fewer ally tokens, they have a smaller sample to work with than say a whale with many ally points. The larger the sample, the overall less impact of RNG.

I think the RNG impact for the player base as a whole evens out.

If we are talking long time intervals like "what have I lost in 6 months?", the rng flattens as well.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I understand you are happy to drop it. Feel free to do so, it is absolutely your right. I am not happy to drop it.

When every game mode (especially new ones) is dependent upon high gear levels, any nerf to the acquisition of gear is of the most importance to me. The new content rewards being slowed by needing niche faction-based characters and gear for niche factions and nerfing that gear only makes the new content less engaging and rewarding. This is especially important for GC content and the new mod slicing materials IMO.

Its unfortunate that you would prefer them sink time into this rather than tackling the real economy changes that would help everyone.

It's also unfortunate that you cant realize that it will be addressed when they make further changes or be overcome by any further changes made.

I didnt give up, nor do I, never give up on things like this. I pushed for the best outcome, and worked with Doja trying to make a case for this, but there are many factors and I know it may be hard to see and understand , but nothing said at this point will likely cause them to circle back around to this one point and address it any differently than they have planned.