Shard Economy Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• Almost all the complaints in my guild are gear related not shard related. Out of those it is usually stun guns or kyros. Relics have made it so much worse. We have many new players and they know even at 7 stars but with a gear level 7 or 8 the toons suck. This attempt to fix the game economy is so trivial that without a gear fix renders it meaningless. I guess we will have a trivial fix the gear issue at the 6th Anniversary.
  • I was just wondering when or if there is a date to these new changes. Also really pumped this is the greatest thing they have ever done. Well done!
  • Ipacolypz wrote: »
    Don't let perfect be the enemy of good,

I absolutely love this part of your comment. Well said
  • Shadowmaster4
    475 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    There are 33 characters that drop shards from Bronzium packs as of now. If an endgame player wants to receive the same SSC income before they eventually push through a fix for this, they would have to calculate how many of these shards typically drop for them in any given time period, and sacrifice other more important farms for these shards to make up for the Bronzium nerf. Most of them are available in a shop of some sort, but the other shops give ability mats and gear and credits and ship blueprints, all of which are more worthwhile farms than a character that is now five years old.

Depending on the given time period used to calculate the substitute farming, farming for 33 characters worth of drops would virtually cripple all other farming unless you planned to splurge on energy every single day to make up for the loss.
  • We have some data on the value of Ally Points here that we can at least extrapolate from:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/88177/a-bronzium-drop-rate-sample

For 200,000 ally point, they got 203 character shards. Lets call it 200 for the ease of the math.

1,000 ally points = 1 character shard
    1,000 ally points = 15 shard shop currency (SSC)

Currently Mk5 Stun Guns are 6/186 SSC, Mk8 Electrobinoculars are 5/210 SSC, Mk 8 Medpacs are 5/180 SSC, and Mk 12 Fusion Furnaces are 5/360 SSC.

So add the following to the Weekly Shipments
    12,400 Ally Points for 6 Mk 5 Stun Gun Salvage
    14,000 Ally Points for 5 Mk 8 Electrobinocular Salvage
    12,000 Ally Points for 5 Mk 8 Medpac Salvage
    24,000 Ally Points for 5 Mk 12 Fusion Furnace Salvage

• Shadowmaster4
    475 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    There are 33 characters that drop shards from Bronzium packs as of now. If an endgame player wants to receive the same SSC income before they eventually push through a fix for this, they would have to calculate how many of these shards typically drop for them in any given time period, and sacrifice other more important farms for these shards to make up for the Bronzium nerf. Most of them are available in a shop of some sort, but the other shops give ability mats and gear and credits and ship blueprints, all of which are more worthwhile farms than a character that is now five years old.

Depending on the given time period used to calculate the substitute farming, farming for 33 characters worth of drops would virtually cripple all other farming unless you planned to splurge on energy every single day to make up for the loss.
    BeralCator wrote: »
    We have some data on the value of Ally Points here that we can at least extrapolate from:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/88177/a-bronzium-drop-rate-sample

For 200,000 ally point, they got 203 character shards. Lets call it 200 for the ease of the math.

1,000 ally points = 1 character shard
    1,000 ally points = 15 shard shop currency (SSC)

Currently Mk5 Stun Guns are 6/186 SSC, Mk8 Electrobinoculars are 5/210 SSC, Mk 8 Medpacs are 5/180 SSC, and Mk 12 Fusion Furnaces are 5/360 SSC.

So add the following to the Weekly Shipments
    12,400 Ally Points for 6 Mk 5 Stun Gun Salvage
    14,000 Ally Points for 5 Mk 8 Electrobinocular Salvage
    12,000 Ally Points for 5 Mk 8 Medpac Salvage
    24,000 Ally Points for 5 Mk 12 Fusion Furnace Salvage

Ah okay, I love your proposed solution but don't mind me borrowing it to further my reasoning lol

If we know that 200,000 ally points, which doesn't take a huge amount of time to build up but is still a bit, you get roughly 203 shards. This means to compensate in whatever time period it takes (until they adjust the bronzium drop rates) you have to farm 203 shards elsewhere and sacrifice that much time and energy that would go to other farms. Or spend 10,000 arena/cantina/gw currency.

I would much rather use that 200,000 on gear directly if the alternative is trading it for SSC at a nerfed rate for a while.
  • i beg to disagree. this is one of the worst things they have done. they basically nerfed how long term players can progress big time in the hopes that they will get newer players. i wouldnt recommend this game to someone new even after these changes because ea/cg will eventually start treating those new players just like they treat us long term players. this is a crappy move big time.
  • UdalCuain
    4991 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    No ... it is one of the most nasty moves ever done by CG.
    They tell its super, but for all elder players the ally points accunulated ... i have 725k ... are only of half value as bronzium packs are not scaled. Very very very bad and nasty move, especially as they did not point on that problem. Typical CG communication to sell us as fools.

Here's an idea, spend them before the change.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Ultowe wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Voygliz wrote: »
    u8zoiq61p2l3.jpg
    That's simply not true.
    In fact, items will be more expensive, as everything will cost double but most of of currency will come from older toons whose change will be same.
    When we recieve a 50x shards of an old toon it will be 750 currency either way, but now items will be 2x expensive.

If this was not what you were looking for, check it out. If not, tell us you're making things more expensive but don't lie to us.
    Simple maths.

please go back and read it again.

it works out to equal, for any shards, the only down side is bronzium at this point.

Bronzium and quests and achievements. Where most older players obtain most of this currency. Unless you double that, you're making it more expensive.

I already said bronzium.

I dont think anyone would call achievements a source they really look at for shard shop currency.

I'm not sure what you mean by quests.

bronzium is a solid source of **** currency, i agree, trying to get an idea of a timeline if they have one. . but as they said it has the same buying power in all other cases.

nope they will still have vule of 1 = 15

You’re quoting something different here.

“ Original Rate characters are made up of New and Exclusive characters. Generally, this set includes those characters exclusive to Raids, Journey Guide, Territory Battles, and certain high-value currencies. This also includes all Ships blueprints.”

“ Accelerated-Farm Characters keep their conversion the same (1 Shard > 15 SSC).
    Original Rate characters have their conversion doubled (1 Shard > 30 SSC).

He's referring to the Bronzium drops not being doubled. Every character in the Bronzium packs is accelerated, hence being worth 15 SSC, but we won't get double the drops. This effectively halves all SSC income from Bronzium packs.

The post they originally quoted also concerned Raid characters, which do have corrected Shard Shop values.

Maybe that was just me misunderstanding what they were referring to, but my point stands.

Take a quick look at the list of Accelerated characters, I think we're arguing a moot point. Raid characters have their value doubled right? Because they aren't on the list of double drop characters. So the value of raids remains static, while the value of Bronzium packs halves.

I... think that’s what I was trying to say. I’ve had to remind people that that adjustment exists.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    Ultowe wrote: »
    u8zoiq61p2l3.jpg
    That's simply not true.
    In fact, items will be more expensive, as everything will cost double but most of of currency will come from older toons whose change will be same.
    When we recieve a 50x shards of an old toon it will be 750 currency either way, but now items will be 2x expensive.

If this was not what you were looking for, check it out. If not, tell us you're making things more expensive but don't lie to us.
    Simple maths.

please go back and read it again.

it works out to equal, for any shards, the only down side is bronzium at this point.

Bronzium and quests and achievements. Where most older players obtain most of this currency. Unless you double that, you're making it more expensive.

I already said bronzium.

I dont think anyone would call achievements a source they really look at for shard shop currency.

I'm not sure what you mean by quests.

bronzium is a solid source of **** currency, i agree, trying to get an idea of a timeline if they have one. . but as they said it has the same buying power in all other cases.

nope they will still have vule of 1 = 15

You’re quoting something different here.

“ Original Rate characters are made up of New and Exclusive characters. Generally, this set includes those characters exclusive to Raids, Journey Guide, Territory Battles, and certain high-value currencies. This also includes all Ships blueprints.”

“ Accelerated-Farm Characters keep their conversion the same (1 Shard > 15 SSC).
    Original Rate characters have their conversion doubled (1 Shard > 30 SSC).

He's referring to the Bronzium drops not being doubled. Every character in the Bronzium packs is accelerated, hence being worth 15 SSC, but we won't get double the drops. This effectively halves all SSC income from Bronzium packs.

The post they originally quoted also concerned Raid characters, which do have corrected Shard Shop values.

Maybe that was just me misunderstanding what they were referring to, but my point stands.

Take a quick look at the list of Accelerated characters, I think we're arguing a moot point. Raid characters have their value doubled right? Because they aren't on the list of double drop characters. So the value of raids remains static, while the value of Bronzium packs halves.

I... think that’s what I was trying to say. I’ve had to remind people that that adjustment exists.

Yeah no I agreed with you, but I think the original guy you were arguing with had his points confused with Bronzium packs and when we diverted things on track again we all got confused :D
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Easy fix: double the ally point generation until the bronzium issue is fixed.

Unless I'm missing something major they don't have a purpose other than spending on bronzium cards, so doubling them won't have any major impact, but it will keep the conversion essentially the same for older players.
  • RTS wrote: »

Actually yeah, that'll about do it. It's not like it'll flood the low level gear economy either, since low level players aren't likely to drop six figures of ally points.

• [/quote]

any shard that has its value stay the same as it is now, will be doubled at the source, except in places like bronzium. [/quote]

This is confusing, but untrue. Shards farmed have the same value. If you are farming Piett your shard shop from RH Poe income is relatively the same.

BUT, if you have raw shards, like a toon sitting at 200/100, like a lot of people have, converting those after the change yields have the buying power.

Shards lose buying power, but you only have shards stored in unstarred chars or unspent ally points.

• any shard that has its value stay the same as it is now, will be doubled at the source, except in places like bronzium.

This is confusing, but untrue. Shards farmed have the same value. If you are farming Piett your shard shop from RH Poe income is relatively the same.

BUT, if you have raw shards, like a toon sitting at 200/100, like a lot of people have, converting those after the change yields have the buying power.

Shards lose buying power, but you only have shards stored in unstarred chars or unspent ally points.

Maybe convert those before the update then?
  • Shadowmaster4
    475 posts Member
    edited November 2020

Shards lose buying *value*, but the power remains the same except in unstarred chars and bronzium packs, yes. But since lower value shards are easier to obtain (double drops), they retain their buying power.
  • StarSon wrote: »

any shard that has its value stay the same as it is now, will be doubled at the source, except in places like bronzium.

Ah yes, can't wait to hear horror stories about people spending millions upon millions of credits to retain the buying power of their shards, only to be caught in a new artificially made credit crunch.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

any shard that has its value stay the same as it is now, will be doubled at the source, except in places like bronzium.

That's what I'll be doing, I have a number of characters I have a TON of extra shards on and I haven't upgraded because I don't need/wan them, but I will if I can find out when the update will be. @CG_Doja_Fett any eta on this?

Also, the huge GP jump that's going to come from doing that could negatively impact mid-low level GAC matchmaking, as players may not have a solid top 80 characters or whatever the number is, as well as TW matchmaking for guilds.
  • crzydroid
    7233 posts Moderator
    edited November 2020
    I think the bronzium thing is they just aren't doubling the drop rates for bronziums yet. Shards obtained from bronziums are still going to trade in for twice as much Shard Store currency. So nothing is being nerfed in terms of what you can buy now.

GW drops ARE getting doubled, so your Shard Store gear farming is still getting a buff.
  • I can see the issue some people have with the change, but personally I'm stuck grinding so many different teams that are still really good (like darth revan) that I'm quite happy about the shard change. Only wish it'd help on the blueprint grind to get HMF.

The bronzium back issue could definitely use a fix, and as long as it's fixed in a reasonable amount of time I'll be happy. Though I'd rather it just be fixed in a way where I don't have to click "open pack" for hours, like maybe having a bundle in shipments for a bunch of shards for 100k ally points.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    RTS wrote: »

Unless I'm missing something major they don't have a purpose other than spending on bronzium cards, so doubling them won't have any major impact, but it will keep the conversion essentially the same for older players.

I agree this would be a good way (there are others too) to alleviate the issue, but they have said before they dont like to give things and take them away if they can avoid it. that's actually how we ended up in the ally points situation we have.

Also, the huge GP jump that's going to come from doing that could negatively impact mid-low level GAC matchmaking, as players may not have a solid top 80 characters or whatever the number is, as well as TW matchmaking for guilds.

Forgive me piggybacking off of myself, but I just realized my own point. This is detrimental to any new players who stay active long enough to unlock Grand Arena. They will likely seven star dozens of characters by then, several that they don't use, and then get screwed in matchmaking against smarter or older players with select teams leveled up. And those that wish to stay smart in this regard will then lose the buying power of the shards they didn't use because they didn't farm them doubly. This actually has the potential to destroy the fairness of GA matchmaking at low levels, and avoiding it comes with the expense of losing your potential SSC by hoarding shards.

And any guilds unfortunate enough to be starter guilds after this change will be stuck with players seven starring useless toons left and right, screwing the guild over in TW matchmaking.
  • RTS wrote: »

I'm not sure this is as easy as it sounds. From what I've heard previously things like Ally Points, Tickets, Bronzium packs, etc. exist at some very low-level of game code where making changes is sort of "iffy".

That is why I suggested adding more places to trade in Ally Points (as we know that this is doable, as it was done previously when they added the Weekly Shipments). There are a few obvious items in Weekly Shipments that can be removed if there isn't enough room.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nyanperor wrote: »
    I can see the issue some people have with the change, but personally I'm stuck grinding so many different teams that are still really good (like darth revan) that I'm quite happy about the shard change. Only wish it'd help on the blueprint grind to get HMF.

The bronzium back issue could definitely use a fix, and as long as it's fixed in a reasonable amount of time I'll be happy. Though I'd rather it just be fixed in a way where I don't have to click "open pack" for hours, like maybe having a bundle in shipments for a bunch of shards for 100k ally points.

This is a perfectly reasonable point of view.

Hi, you must be new here. :smiley:
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    I think the bronzium thing is they just aren't doubling the drop rates for bronziums yet. Shards obtained from bronziums are still going to trade in for twice as much Shard Store currency. So nothing is being nerfed in terms of what you can buy now.

GW drops ARE getting doubled, so your Shard Store gear farming is still getting a buff.

No the shards from bronzium are considered "accelerated characters" so they won't be double value. At least I'm pretty sure I read that right.

Ah yes, can't wait to hear horror stories about people spending millions upon millions of credits to retain the buying power of their shards, only to be caught in a new artificially made credit crunch.

"Millions upon millions"? How many characters did you farm without promoting? Feels like something of an edge case there.
    StarSon wrote: »

What huge GP jump? Stars account for a very small amount of GP. And what are these people going to do in the next few months when *all* of their characters have shards to go to 7* now that farming has gone up? Just never promote them?
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I remember them saying initially shard progress was supposed to be the bottle neck mechanic for progression. Gear ended up being the one in practice - now doubly so. :/

Cant they just double the value of ally points per mission