Replies

• Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Wadthebad wrote: »
    Just whole character rates doubled?

What about the 10 character shard etc ?

Yes just the whole character rates are doubled.

as far as I know there are no 10 shard drops from there. that is a full character drop at 1 star (or is it 2)

I've gotten several 10 shard whole characters from bronziums in just the last week. It's characters like IG-86 and Ewok Scout.

Which means you got a full character of 86 and Ewok Scout. They unlock at 1* and so they award 10 shards.

Pretty sure it's 10 -> 25 -> 40 -> 80

yep this.

So does this thread close now or does it need to be kept open to continuously explain that the nerf is fixed?

It's not fixed yet
  • Jakdnels wrote: »

as far as I know there are no 10 shard drops from there. that is a full character drop at 1 star (or is it 2)

I've gotten several 10 shard whole characters from bronziums in just the last week. It's characters like IG-86 and Ewok Scout.

Which means you got a full character of 86 and Ewok Scout. They unlock at 1* and so they award 10 shards.

yep this.

So does this thread close now or does it need to be kept open to continuously explain that the nerf is fixed?

It's not fixed yet

They said it would be in next weekend's update. Not much more to discuss about it.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett. Great job man. The communication is on point. I mean really think of it you literally gave us a leaked answer just to reply to someone. I hope that does not put u in the dog house because I think we as the community love u man keep up the great work! @Kyno you too I now I have been unreasonable to you, but your communication is huge and it does not go unnoticed.
  • Jakdnels wrote: »

yep this.

It's not fixed yet

They said it would be in next weekend's update. Not much more to discuss about it.

You said the nerf was fixed. It's not yet. It's planned, which is good news.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »

yep this.

It's not fixed yet

You said the nerf was fixed. It's not yet. It's planned, which is good news.

ok
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Just wanted to say, [redacted] has me really excited and the communication, if accidental, is still appreciated! Now we've got something to look forward to!
  • I'm glad that a plan is implemented to address a neutral net gain to the best of CG's abilities. Thank you.

Does anybody have a minute or two to check my thinking here? I spent 300 crystals to refresh cantina energy to farm relic materials and get that guild activity tier up. Out of habit, I bought the first three characters/ships (straight line down) in the guild cantina battles store:
    t29onh1s7vn0.jpg

So older characters are worth double the shards for the same former "price" and that makes their value neutral in the shard store where prices have also been doubled. Awesome and understood. Ships do not double drop, but they automatically... have a... double value in the shard store??? What am I missing? Something. I'm missing something. I think this impacts my choices in the GW store too.

tl;dr: What is the best deal when purchasing characters and ships from the cantina battle and galactic war stores specifically for shard value?
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    The best value is still Cassian's U-Wing as you receive 5 instead of 4 shards like other store-purchased ships. The shards are converted into double their original SSC amount. Therefore, in GW store you will get slightly more SSC from purchasing the three ships across the top rather than toons.

The "accelerated" toons had their amount of shards doubled instead of their SSC amount.

Same end result: double the SSC currency in either case.

U-Wing was and still is the best value purchase.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited December 2020
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    The best value is still Cassian's U-Wing as you receive 5 instead of 4 shards like other store-purchased ships. The shards are converted into double their original SSC amount. Therefore, in GW store you will get slightly more SSC from purchasing the three ships across the top rather than toons.

The "accelerated" toons had their amount of shards doubled instead of their SSC amount.

Same end result: double the SSC currency in either case.

U-Wing was and still is the best value purchase.

This. Shards are even to previous, doesnt matter shops or toons, it's a wash, they are doubled at the source or at the store on conversion.

In the long run alway buy ships, in any store with both they cost the same but always net more:
    gj602nauagnc.jpg
    robaiyoo7mfw.jpg
  • Thank you, both. The explanations and the visuals helped my learning needs.
  • Wadthebad
    131 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Never mind. Lol
  • Good to see CG listening to feedback! Thanks @CG_Doja_Fett for relaying our concerns and getting this over the line. Fingers crossed that the changes are felt when everyone starts using them auto clickers :)
    Ahch-To is recruiting! Say hi, and find yourself a new home with us: https://discord.gg/KTeUgyTeZD
  • Kudos to all for keeping the pressure on CG to fix the nerf...crazy to think it took this long to make a 5 minute coding change.
  • So do we know what the current probability is for a full toon drop? Based on the amount of stuff in the bronziums I can't imagine it's very high.

So while I appreciate the gesture by CG, not really sure this is going to have a noticeable impact.

It’s not supposed to make an impact, it’s to maintain status quo
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • So do we know what the current probability is for a full toon drop? Based on the amount of stuff in the bronziums I can't imagine it's very high.

So while I appreciate the gesture by CG, not really sure this is going to have a noticeable impact.

So then what's the big deal?
    I barely even get the 10 shard full toon drops as it was.

The value of those drops was cut in half, instead of doubling the shards that drop they are going to double the drop rate. It's fine.

It was never a "big" deal, but it certainly had an impact.

If you were burning a large amount of ally points, you could reasonably expect to obtain 1-2 shards per 1000 ally points. The change to the single shard drops, but not the full character drops, left people worse off than they were before.

As an example, just before the change, I burned 60K ally points and got a tasty 115 shards. 80 of those shards were from full character pulls (2 x 25, 3 x 10). The rest were single shards. That gave me 115 x 15 = 1725 shard shop bucks.

Following the change, exactly the same process would have earned me 150 shards. 150 x 15 = 2250 shard shop bucks.

The price of everything in the shard shop doubled, but my ally point income did not double. In fact it only increased by 30%.

So the change will have a noticable impact to people that pay attention.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    will there be any change to GG prices in shard shop?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gifafi wrote: »

@Gifafi I dont recall his price per shard before the change, but didn't he stay at the same "buying power" if his price was doubled, along with everything else?
  • Fingolfin26
    270 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    So i wonder if we'll get the final step here and double the amount of ally points given. So if you hit on a full drop, say 10 snow trooper shards, then in order to get to the net neutral fix you have to spend more ally points. So all things being equal and balancing out you now have to spend double the ally points to get the same value of shards shop currency, add in the fact that in order to get that second drop of shards you give up a drop of gear, it would be nice to double the ally points or halve the cost of bronziums to match this.
    Any possibility @CG_Doja_Fett?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

Does it matter?

No one should be buying him there now regardless of the answer to this.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    So i wonder if we'll get the final step here and double the amount of ally points given. So if you hit on a full drop, say 10 snow trooper shards, then in order to get to the net neutral fix you have to spend more ally points. So all things being equal and balancing out you now have to spend double the ally points to get the same value of shards shop currency, add in the fact that in order to get that second drop of shards you give up a drop of gear, it would be nice to double the ally points or halve the cost of bronziums to match this.

Er, what???

With this final change that has been announced, everything is neutral, other than the added benefit of farming older (than one year) toons in half the time.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    So do we know what the current probability is for a full toon drop? Based on the amount of stuff in the bronziums I can't imagine it's very high.

The value of those drops was cut in half, instead of doubling the shards that drop they are going to double the drop rate. It's fine.

I understand that math around the values of the shards.

My point is when I unload 25k ally points every few days and I don't receive any full toon drops for weeks at a time, then I can't see why people get bent out of shape when the impact is so minimal.

Weeks at a time?

Press X to doubt.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Any possibility CG_Doja_Fett?

@Fingolfin26 I'm not sure why you think there is "another step" here to balance this out.

if they double the rate that full characters appear, then we are very very close to net neutral, without spending any more than we normally do/would have. The only loss in this solution, is that a full character drop is now more likley to replace a gear drop from bronzium.

theoretically what is happening now is for example:
    Pre change your 10 free drops - 7 gear, 2 single shards, 1 full character

post change your 10 free drops - 6 gear, 2 single shards, 2 full character drops or 7 gear, 1 single shard, 2 full character drops.

as a very rough example.

I'm not sure why we would need to spend more to have this balance out?

My point is when I unload 25k ally points every few days and I don't receive any full toon drops for weeks at a time, then I can't see why people get bent out of shape when the impact is so minimal.
    There is no way this is true. I have been doing a twice weekly dump of my ally points and I'm getting multiple full character drops every time I do it.

People get bent out of shape because in the land of reality the impact is not minimal.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    So do we know what the current probability is for a full toon drop? Based on the amount of stuff in the bronziums I can't imagine it's very high.

I also believe that this is extremely bad RNG or potentially false.

I just spent 10K ally tokens to test this and received the following drops (I also got 2 shards of a tusken and 2 shards of a jaws, neither of which is at 7*). My case could be the opposite swing of the RNG pendulum, but seems in line with expectations of drops.
    o0ydg3xoqwfd.png

Note: my GW shards had already been converted to SSC before this test.

The Kaizen Effect. Two days of spending ally points may not have a “noticeable impact”, but many of us have been playing for years. Over weeks, months, and years there will definitely be an impact.