Shard Economy Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Xitarus wrote: »
    “Our intent with this change is to help all players expand their collections faster”

If this is the intention, I’m not seeing any noticeable difference from what it was before.

My baby alt account is getting shards done much quicker. I haven’t yet seen an alleviation on gear (since I’ve saved energy on shards), but it’s only been a short time.
  • Xitarus
    54 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    “Our intent with this change is to help all players expand their collections faster”

If this is the intention, I’m not seeing any noticeable difference from what it was before.

@Xitarus the rate is literally doubled. Track you data and you can see this. Each hit is worth 2 vs before when a hit would be worth 1.

That is false, it has a chance of dropping 2. After 1 month, I have done the 5 sims on 3 different characters, that is a total of 150 sims of the course of the month. Theoretically I could have 300 shards for any of those characters...my highest received shards character is 53
  • Xitarus
    54 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Konju wrote: »

My baby alt account is getting shards done much quicker. I haven’t yet seen an alleviation on gear (since I’ve saved energy on shards), but it’s only been a short time.

Maybe the drop rate is only better on new accounts? That’s fine, but that is not what this update states as its intention
  • Xitarus wrote: »

There has been a difference without a doubt. I tend to farm 2 characters at a time and do the 3 refreshes per day and I get between 8-12 daily without fail so far, even more if I do 3 cantina refreshes per day.

@Xitarus the rate is literally doubled. Track you data and you can see this. Each hit is worth 2 vs before when a hit would be worth 1.

That is false, it has a chance of dropping 2. After 1 month, I have done the 5 sims on 3 different characters, that is a total of 150 sims of the course of the month. Theoretically I could have 300 shards for any of those characters...my highest received shards character is 53
    Which characters?

They weren’t all doubled.
  • Gouj4 wrote: »

There has been a difference without a doubt. I tend to farm 2 characters at a time and do the 3 refreshes per day and I get between 8-12 daily without fail so far, even more if I do 3 cantina refreshes per day.

I think it is RNG dependent, which seems pointless if the goal is to make starring characters easier. Maybe I’m having a bad RNG month and next month will be better, but many players are not going to wait for the RNG to bless them
    Gouj4 wrote: »

I think it is RNG dependent, which seems pointless if the goal is to make starring characters easier. Maybe I’m having a bad RNG month and next month will be better, but many players are not going to wait for the RNG to bless them
    Only characters older than 1 year have their drops doubled.

Everyone gets the same RNG.
  • Xitarus
    54 posts Member
    edited December 2020

Which characters?

They weren’t all doubled.

They have the 2 by their names...B1, Droideka, and Shaak Ti

What I’m seeing is every roll has a chance of 2 shards, 1 shard, or zero shards. The 1’s and zeroes being of greater weight

Yeah and that RNG is quite possibly one of the worst RNGs in the history of gaming 😂

And I’m used to that, but why is something that is supposed to “help” be so RNG dependent? Why not guarantee a drop of 1 or actually increase the drop rate as opposed to adding a number, which definitely does not “double” the drop rate?

Well no not really, RNG will affect how many shards you get on any day, some days you’ll get 0, some days you’ll get 6 or 8 etc.. but in the long run the farming time is still halved from the update

Yeah and that RNG is quite possibly one of the worst RNGs in the history of gaming 😂

And I’m used to that, but why is something that is supposed to “help” be so RNG dependent? Why not guarantee a drop of 1 or actually increase the drop rate as opposed to adding a number, which definitely does not “double” the drop rate?

Oh dear.

On those characters there is absolutely 0 chance of earning 1 shard. 33% chance you get 2 shards, 67% chance you get nothing.

Could you come back with a screenshot of the next time you get 1 shard?
  • Xitarus
    54 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Might take a bit, but will do. I know for a fact though, because if what you say is true, then there is no way that an odd number of shards would happen, which happens all the time. Unless this new system only works if you do 1 sim at a time.
  • https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/237876/shard-economy-changes#latest

If you have a read of this, you’ll see it clearly stated that the nodes now drop 2 instead of 1.

You must be mistaken about your drops, I’m afraid.
  • https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/237876/shard-economy-changes#latest

If you have a read of this, you’ll see it clearly stated that the nodes now drop 2 instead of 1.

Absolutely not
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/237876/shard-economy-changes#latest

Absolutely not

You have to have. Any toon that has been doubled can only drop 0 or 2 shards per battle it cannot drop 1. If you do 5 battles on an accelerated character you can either get 0-2-4-6-8-10 shards. It isn’t a case of it might drop 2 it might drop 1 or might drop 0 it can only be 0 or 2 per attempt
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Might take a bit, but will do. I know for a fact though, because if what you say is true, then there is no way that an odd number of shards would happen, which happens all the time. Unless this new system only works if you do 1 sim at a time.

@Xitarus please follow the link in the above post. Not all characters have been doubled (accelerated), so you can farm a toon that will still drop single drops, but the ones that have been accelerated do drop by 2s.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/237876/shard-economy-changes#latest

Absolutely not
    As requested, a screenshot would be appreciated. If it’s happening as often as you allege, it shouldn’t take long to get one.

Make sure it’s on one of the 3 toons you stated though please.
  • Well if anyone wants to post a pic of an odd number of shards from an accelerated character, please do. I gotta wait for points, so won’t be able to post a pic for a bit, but it will definitely come!
    Well if anyone wants to post a pic of an odd number of shards from an accelerated character, please do. I gotta wait for points, so won’t be able to post a pic for a bit, but it will definitely come!

You'll have to wait forever...or admit the confusion is on your part at some point.
    Well if anyone wants to post a pic of an odd number of shards from an accelerated character, please do. I gotta wait for points, so won’t be able to post a pic for a bit, but it will definitely come!
    A picture of a leprechaun will be easier to come by sadly.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited December 2020

Points? Do you mean ally points? Ate you pulling from from bronzium Xitarus ??

Those were not double for hits, they were doubled for drop rate, so there you can also get single shards.

Just ignore me.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Points? Do you mean ally points? Ate you pulling from from bronzium @Xitarus ??

Those were not double for hits, they were doubled for drop rate, so there you can also get single shards.
    Now you’re confusing things Kyno.

He mentioned Shaak, Droideka and B1 earlier. They are all ship / hard node toons.

And bronziums absolutely are all 2 shards now. They doubled the rate of full character drops, but a single shard is not possible.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

He mentioned Shaak, Droideka and B1 earlier. They are all ship / hard node toons.

And bronziums absolutely are all 2 shards now. They doubled the rate of full character drops, but a single shard is not possible.
    .......sorry.....

I will show myself the door.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

.......sorry.....

I will show myself the door.

LOL
  • @Xitarus any luck?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I'm hoping for a picture of a yeti.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I'm hoping for a picture of a yeti.

I am waiting for bigfoot.
  • Well it would seem I am mistaken. Maybe it was during “double drops” or I’m confusing the relic pieces that have a 2, but usually drop 1. Apologies.

It still doesn’t change my opinion about the drop rate feeling any different. I did 35 sim tickets and received 12 shards. It definitely wouldn’t have been 6 before.

Maybe I should stop doing multi and just do 1 sim at a time? Don’t see why that would make a difference, but maybe.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Well it would seem I am mistaken. Maybe it was during “double drops” or I’m confusing the relic pieces that have a 2, but usually drop 1. Apologies.

It still doesn’t change my opinion about the drop rate feeling any different. I did 35 sim tickets and received 12 shards. It definitely wouldn’t have been 6 before.

Maybe I should stop doing multi and just do 1 sim at a time? Don’t see why that would make a difference, but maybe.

The drop rate is the same as it has always been @Xitarus, but when you do hit it will give 2 rather than 1.

Yes in your example it would have been 6.

No how many sims you do does not effect the drop rate. Other player shave recorded drops to find the appropriate 33% drop rate.
  • Ok, so 33% is norm. It was 16.5% before? Eek