Shard Economy Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• RTS
    682 posts Member
    BeralCator wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »
    Easy fix: double the ally point generation until the bronzium issue is fixed.

Unless I'm missing something major they don't have a purpose other than spending on bronzium cards, so doubling them won't have any major impact, but it will keep the conversion essentially the same for older players.

I'm not sure this is as easy as it sounds. From what I've heard previously things like Ally Points, Tickets, Bronzium packs, etc. exist at some very low-level of game code where making changes is sort of "iffy".

That is why I suggested adding more places to trade in Ally Points (as we know that this is doable, as it was done previously when they added the Weekly Shipments). There are a few obvious items in Weekly Shipments that can be removed if there isn't enough room.

I have no idea what the code is on this, but I cannot imagine a scenario where it's difficult - you go to where the value is in the code that says #XYZ and change it to #XYZx2. (or increase minimum/maximum spread if it's a range) Changing %s etc I can see causing issues, but the actual values themselves shouldn't be an issue.
  • Shadowmaster4
    475 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    StarSon wrote: »

any shard that has its value stay the same as it is now, will be doubled at the source, except in places like bronzium.

This is confusing, but untrue. Shards farmed have the same value. If you are farming Piett your shard shop from RH Poe income is relatively the same.

BUT, if you have raw shards, like a toon sitting at 200/100, like a lot of people have, converting those after the change yields have the buying power.

Shards lose buying power, but you only have shards stored in unstarred chars or unspent ally points.

Maybe convert those before the update then?

Ah yes, can't wait to hear horror stories about people spending millions upon millions of credits to retain the buying power of their shards, only to be caught in a new artificially made credit crunch.

"Millions upon millions"? How many characters did you farm without promoting? Feels like something of an edge case there.

any shard that has its value stay the same as it is now, will be doubled at the source, except in places like bronzium.

This is confusing, but untrue. Shards farmed have the same value. If you are farming Piett your shard shop from RH Poe income is relatively the same.

BUT, if you have raw shards, like a toon sitting at 200/100, like a lot of people have, converting those after the change yields have the buying power.

Shards lose buying power, but you only have shards stored in unstarred chars or unspent ally points.

Maybe convert those before the update then?

Also, the huge GP jump that's going to come from doing that could negatively impact mid-low level GAC matchmaking, as players may not have a solid top 80 characters or whatever the number is, as well as TW matchmaking for guilds.

What huge GP jump? Stars account for a very small amount of GP. And what are these people going to do in the next few months when *all* of their characters have shards to go to 7* now that farming has gone up? Just never promote them?

If every character costs almost 2 million total to rush promote to 7*, and new players can farm them that high faster, what is to stop an artificial credit crunch from being created where they can't farm credits fast enough to keep up with farming characters? If the appeal is helping new players, they have essentially created a whole new issue and need to address a credit crunch.

My other points with GP and such were expanded on in another comment, but most of my reasoning here is held in the light of new players "benefitting." Unless they research the perfect way to build the right team, they'll be spending and gearing up every new character they can find, like most newbies do when they can. If/when these new players achieve GA level, they will have weird matchmaking and most likely not have enough solid teams to compete well.

Essentially they're creating weird new economy and matchmaking issues by increasing the shard farm which I hope they actually do keep an eye on and plan to fix.
  • Can we address the lack of anything new since forever in the galactic war currency, ive been playing less than a year and ive pretty much nothing more to buy there, how about adding some more ships / characters that are found elsewhere, good one would be the IG2000 ship seeing as the geonosian guy from the same LS node is already available via currency.
  • Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    No ... it is one of the most nasty moves ever done by CG.
    They tell its super, but for all elder players the ally points accunulated ... i have 725k ... are only of half value as bronzium packs are not scaled. Very very very bad and nasty move, especially as they did not point on that problem. Typical CG communication to sell us as fools.

im confused how do these changes affect ally points? or bronzium packs?
    bronzium packs were always considered bad and nothing changes that i can tell, and ally points dont change at all as well
  • Zaph0dd wrote: »
    Can we address the lack of anything new since forever in the galactic war currency, ive been playing less than a year and ive pretty much nothing more to buy there, how about adding some more ships / characters that are found elsewhere, good one would be the IG2000 ship seeing as the geonosian guy from the same LS node is already available via currency.

It's been addressed many times. Its staying static as a source of shard shop currency.
  • crzydroid
    7233 posts Moderator
    edited November 2020
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I think the bronzium thing is they just aren't doubling the drop rates for bronziums yet. Shards obtained from bronziums are still going to trade in for twice as much Shard Store currency. So nothing is being nerfed in terms of what you can buy now.

GW drops ARE getting doubled, so your Shard Store gear farming is still getting a buff.

No the shards from bronzium are considered "accelerated characters" so they won't be double value. At least I'm pretty sure I read that right.

I am re-reading this and trying to figure that out as well. It does seem to imply that they won't be getting the double conversion. If so, that is concerning and hopefully will be fixed soon.
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    They tell its super, but for all elder players the ally points accunulated ... i have 725k ... are only of half value as bronzium packs are not scaled. Very very very bad and nasty move, especially as they did not point on that problem. Typical CG communication to sell us as fools.

bronzium packs were always considered bad and nothing changes that i can tell, and ally points dont change at all as well

Apparently a lot of long time players use bronzium packs as a way to earn shard shop currency, but without the new scaling adjusting bronzium shard rates it'll slow down their gear gain from the shard store.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    It's been addressed many times. Its staying static as a source of shard shop currency.

Once again, only concerned about shard shop currency, theres more to the game than that, address it again !
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    I think the bronzium thing is they just aren't doubling the drop rates for bronziums yet. Shards obtained from bronziums are still going to trade in for twice as much Shard Store currency. So nothing is being nerfed in terms of what you can buy now.

GW drops ARE getting doubled, so your Shard Store gear farming is still getting a buff.

GW drops are doubled but so is the shard store prices, so it evens out and there is no difference. No buffs or nerfs

Each shard from bronzium is = 15 shard shop currency, so you would need twice the shards to get the same gear you currently are from that store

Getting a bronzium pull for 80 shards will be equal to today's 40 shards worth of shard shop currency if you include the inflation
  • Shadowmaster4
    475 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    So now the important question is, since it will be easier for players to 7* toons sooner, how/will this affect new legendaries going forward?

My guess is it will mean more requirements in the form of seven star toons for new legendaries. Meanwhile the old ones won't actually be that much easier to unlock unless they address that stale credit crunch in the mid levels and early endgame. Since it'll take 2 million credits per toon to max them and 6.2 million to level them up, the grind to unlock legendaries will only be slightly faster, since they'll still get the credits before they would've gotten 330 shards before.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Zaph0dd wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Once again, only concerned about shard shop currency, theres more to the game than that, address it again !

@Zaph0dd

as with many things in this game there is a progression. the stores are meant to be a source of shard shop currency to get gear, as you get to the mid game/late game stages. this was done this way to address the gear crunch.

as this is the solution they are going with to help deal with the progression of characters, it is unlikely they are going to make any changes to the store system. If they were this would have been the time to do it.
  • Hold up. Am i the only one doing maths?

Accelerated toons are still 15ssc per shard.

Cost of everything has doubled in the shard shop.

Arent we significantly worse off?!
  • DemonR wrote: »
    Hold up. Am i the only one doing maths?

No because the accelerated toons drop twice as much, essentially evening out the SSC income
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    DemonR wrote: »

no because any accelerated toons are doubled at the source (except bronzium). so its a wash on shard shop currency.

No, because (with the exception of the bronziums which will hopefully fall in-line one way or another at some point in a later update) you get twice as many shards.

Most sources will double how many shards of accelerated characters you get, effectively making no change. Of course, that's ignoring the bronzium issue.
  • Er... what they all said.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Voygliz wrote: »
    u8zoiq61p2l3.jpg
    That's simply not true.
    In fact, items will be more expensive, as everything will cost double but most of of currency will come from older toons whose change will be same.
    When we recieve a 50x shards of an old toon it will be 750 currency either way, but now items will be 2x expensive.

If this was not what you were looking for, check it out. If not, tell us you're making things more expensive but don't lie to us.
    Simple maths.

please go back and read it again.

it works out to equal, for any shards, the only down side is bronzium at this point.

The point is, the OP said 15ssc for an accelerated toon still - the post you quoted said older toon, instead of accelerated.

So, for an old toon - like Jedi Consular - we get 15 ssc per shard, as we currently do. However, they are doubling everythings price.

So, for older toons (95%+ of my shard shop currency), i get the same amount of currency as i currently own, but everything costs twice as much.
  • Nyanperor wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »
    Enas_Yorl wrote: »

Apparently a lot of long time players use bronzium packs as a way to earn shard shop currency, but without the new scaling adjusting bronzium shard rates it'll slow down their gear gain from the shard store.

Yeah the math exists somewhere but basically for every 100,000 ally points or so, you get just about 100 shards. So that's around 1500 shard shop currency from Bronzium packs that won't be doubled to 3000. It basically halves the value of something that already only had a niche value to begin with, and the longer they delay fixing it, the more it'll cripple the end-game gear economy.
  • You know how the entire point of this is that you get 2x the shards from every spot for Accelerated characters? Yeah.
  • crzydroid
    7233 posts Moderator

No the shards from bronzium are considered "accelerated characters" so they won't be double value. At least I'm pretty sure I read that right.

I am re-reading this and trying to figure that out as well. It does seem to imply that they won't be getting the double conversion. If so, that is concerning and hopefully will be fixed soon.

No, I think I was right the first time. Original rate characters are getting doubled in store, it's accelerated rate (ie, double shards) that is not.

So there is no bronzium nerf. They are original rate (shards not getting doubled) so they will have their conversion doubled.
    Kyno wrote: »
    u8zoiq61p2l3.jpg
    That's simply not true.
    In fact, items will be more expensive, as everything will cost double but most of of currency will come from older toons whose change will be same.
    When we recieve a 50x shards of an old toon it will be 750 currency either way, but now items will be 2x expensive.

If this was not what you were looking for, check it out. If not, tell us you're making things more expensive but don't lie to us.
    Simple maths.

it works out to equal, for any shards, the only down side is bronzium at this point.

The point is, the OP said 15ssc for an accelerated toon still - the post you quoted said older toon, instead of accelerated.

So, for an old toon - like Jedi Consular - we get 15 ssc per shard, as we currently do. However, they are doubling everythings price.

So, for older toons (95%+ of my shard shop currency), i get the same amount of currency as i currently own, but everything costs twice as much.

Jedi Consular will also have double drops. If you're that concerned, look at the list of toons getting double drops, but basically anything over a year old will be 15 SSC for double the drops, and under a year old will be 30 SSC at single drops.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Zaph0dd wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »

@Zaph0dd

as with many things in this game there is a progression. the stores are meant to be a source of shard shop currency to get gear, as you get to the mid game/late game stages. this was done this way to address the gear crunch.

as this is the solution they are going with to help deal with the progression of characters, it is unlikely they are going to make any changes to the store system. If they were this would have been the time to do it.

Exactly my point, this whole update is to benefit the catch up, a perfect time to "simply" add more options to that particular currency, doesnt have to be everything, doesnt have to be galactic legends, just the "lower" end of what players need to catch up on
  • crzydroid wrote: »

No, I think I was right the first time. Original rate characters are getting doubled in store, it's accelerated rate (ie, double shards) that is not.

So there is no bronzium nerf. They are original rate (shards not getting doubled) so they will have their conversion doubled.

All 33 characters in the bronzium packs are considered accelerated. Original rate refers to drop rate, not original characters. So bronzium packs are accelerated characters, ie 15 shard shop currency, without the benefit of double drops. So there is a nerf.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    DemonR wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    u8zoiq61p2l3.jpg
    That's simply not true.

Simple maths.

excluding toons coming from bronzium, or other listed sources that are not effected.

any toon that is remaining at 15ssc, is because at the source you will get double the shards at the source.
  • crzydroid
    7233 posts Moderator

All 33 characters in the bronzium packs are considered accelerated. Original rate refers to drop rate, not original characters. So bronzium packs are accelerated characters, ie 15 shard shop currency, without the benefit of double drops. So there is a nerf.

I suppose that depends on if the tag of "accelerated" for conversion is attached to the character or the node from which it was dropped.

If it is looking at the character, then it is a nerf.

If it is attached to drop source (a doubled node vs non-doubled) it is not.

I suppose some dev clarification would be needed.

This is how I'm reading it:
    The accelerated rate characters now give double the shards from any location except bronziums.

If you farm Jedi Consular from a node, you'll get 2 shards (if he drops). From a bronzium he'll only drop one shard.

So his node farm will give 30 SSC (2 x15) but the bronzium drop will only give 15 SSC. In theory everything that goes towards shard shop currency from bronziums only has half the value under the new system (until the later fix, fingers crossed).

I suppose that depends on if the tag of "accelerated" for conversion is attached to the character or the node from which it was dropped.

If it is looking at the character, then it is a nerf.

If it is attached to drop source (a doubled node vs non-doubled) it is not.

I suppose some dev clarification would be needed.

True, I would need some clarification to be sure, but given how they specified them as two types of "shards" and used Mando as an example, I think it's safe to assume it's the shards being doubled, not the nodes. Which makes the Bronzium nerf a very real fear and they should address that as soon as they are capable of the fix.