Shard Economy Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• As a player since just after launch (before even Grand Master Yoda) who made collecting my focus, this hurts to see. I've narrowed down my list of farms, over 5 years, to only 17 characters. 4 of those are Galactic Legends, 1 is a Journey character, and 2 are drops from Territory Battles that take forever to accumulate.

That means I've only got 10 characters on nodes to farm. Guess what? The freaking majority are goddamn new characters. Mothma, Piett, Cara Dune, Mando, Grieff, Krennic, Traya, Chewpio, Resisitance Hero Poe, and one more. I get a bonus farming Krennic (already 5*). Yay.

But whatever, it's to help new players, doesn't really hurt me, right? But now my gear grind, already laborious, has had a significant deceleration because of this shard shop nonsense. So the grind I've been putting off to focus on character farming is harder than ever, whilst anyone who focused on gear now can catch my farming twice as fast. It's enough to consider quitting.
  • Bronzium shards for most accelerated characters, which are most of the characters we get from there, are plain being NERFED. VERY DISPLEASED with the move here by CG.
  • Do you think gear prices in shard shop should remain the same or be doubled?
  • Save up bronze currency, cash in when fixed. Problem solved.
  • Same
  • Doubled.
  • InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited November 2020

It will create an artificial credit crunch in the mid game. By which I mean everyone between level 50 and 80 who hasn't unlocked the biggest and easiest credit sources like simming the GW daily and the top tier of the Credit Heist.

Even when they hit 85, until they've built up a hoard, every character going straight to seven stars and max level requires over 8 million credits. Since people with more shards will be encouraged to farm for legendaries and such faster, they will need to spend these credits on improving their roster. It'll cost over 40 million credits to 7* characters like Yoda, which it already did, but now it'll hit faster in a small crunched area of the game with no significant sources of credit income.

Why are they encouraged to farm faster? Why can't they farm at whatever speed they're comfortable with and financially can? Journey guide means you can get those toons whenever you want/can. No need to rush.
  • Jpfit262 wrote: »
    Save up bronze currency, cash in when fixed. Problem solved.
    You are assuming this WILL be “fixed”...right before or after the technical difficulties with the inability to Scavenge certain gear? The technical difficulty excuse is getting old and thrown around quite frequently by the developers.
  • This is great. New players can discover there’s nothing to do in game twice as quick.

• It will create an artificial credit crunch in the mid game. By which I mean everyone between level 50 and 80 who hasn't unlocked the biggest and easiest credit sources like simming the GW daily and the top tier of the Credit Heist.

Even when they hit 85, until they've built up a hoard, every character going straight to seven stars and max level requires over 8 million credits. Since people with more shards will be encouraged to farm for legendaries and such faster, they will need to spend these credits on improving their roster. It'll cost over 40 million credits to 7* characters like Yoda, which it already did, but now it'll hit faster in a small crunched area of the game with no significant sources of credit income.

Why are they encouraged to farm faster? Why can't they farm at whatever speed they're comfortable with and financially can? Journey guide means you can get those toons whenever you want/can. No need to rush.

Because in the process of passively farming, you'll get characters in half the time now as a new player. Thus you get twice as many characters, unless you're suggesting that they should just not farm once they have a team of five, which no new player will do.

Then, once they have dozens of characters easily farmable, naturally they'll want to use said characters. Example, getting phoenix early, and getting jedi early, and getting Seps early, since they'll be farmable at double speed, means that they will be easily able to get Padme, EP, Thrawn, and Yoda. Anyone who stalls at that point is only doing so for resource reasons anyway. Saying you can do it at your own pace and if you're impatient you should just slow down is counterintuitive to the whole point of the update. If we acknowledge that the update is meant to expedite early game, which it definitely is, then there is the matter of using resources during this. Otherwise, it takes the same amount of time as before, just for different reasons like gear, credits, and high level ability mats.
  • Same

That way they could ease both the gear and shard crunch at same time meanwhile they look for an optimal solutions for the gear one
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Same

That way they could ease both the gear and shard crunch at same time meanwhile they look for an optimal solutions for the gear one

"They" would have to acknowledge and agree that there is a gear crunch before they would do something about it.
  • i think they should remain the same. ea/cg always likes to supposedly give us something and then take something away and claim it benefits the players. these changes dont benefit very many people but benefit ea/cg the most. its rotten how they do stuff like this
  • I think cg missed an opportunity to kill 2 birds with 1 stone here. Doubling drop rates on older characters helps new players catch up. But leaving shard shop prices the same would have helped ease the gear crunch a bit, which is 1 of the biggest complaints of veteran players.
  • FEARTHEDARKSIDE
    141 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Wow seems to screw our older players as bronziums are our main source of Shard shop currency which we will now have cut in half due to price increases
    Want to make everyone happy leave Shard shop prices alone
  • Very reasonable, although boy.... are those Vets gonna be so easy to farm as compared to those 16 Cantina days just a year or so ago
  • Doubled. Dude, did you read the reasoning? It makes complete sense. Shard shop is already vet players' easiest source of gear. They are not changing that
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Cs99 wrote: »
    I think cg missed an opportunity to kill 2 birds with 1 stone here. Doubling drop rates on older characters helps new players catch up. But leaving shard shop prices the same would have helped ease the gear crunch a bit, which is 1 of the biggest complaints of veteran players.

yes, but as they seem to have left the door open to go after gear next, this allows them to not have to wait and look at those effects of the economy before doing that.
  • seeing a lot of salt. 2 points:

1. if you are worried about a newer player "catching up" to you bc of some farming changes for older toons, my advice is to git gud.

2. if you are angry bc new players will be able to get things easier than you did. then my advice is to walk everywhere like your forefathers did. Not fair you get to ride in a car. I might allow one of those bicycles with the giant wheel in the front if you post proof your great gpaw rode one. In other words, git gud
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    seeing a lot of salt. 2 points:

1. if you are worried about a newer player "catching up" to you bc of some farming changes for older toons, my advice is to git gud.

2. if you are angry bc new players will be able to get things easier than you did. then my advice is to walk everywhere like your forefathers did. Not fair you get to ride in a car. I might allow one of those bicycles with the giant wheel in the front if you post proof your great gpaw rode one. In other words, git gud

If that's what you think most of this thread is about, then you obviously didn't read it all. And if this is your attempt at summarizing a thread that raises genuine concerns about gear crunch and other aspects of the in-game economy, then my advice to you is git gud at reading.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gifafi wrote: »

nhn1y1pe4tpp.png
    I was going to put Dojas head on it, but you dont cover up a stashe like that.

I haven’t seen anyone complain about either of those. Pretty sure people are positive about this change for new players.

The issue, which of course you miss, is that they are not doing anything to ease the gear crunch at all! In fact, they’re making it worse by doubling the shard shop currency, all while keeping bronzonium rates the same, effectively making the crunch worse. So again, CG has failed to help its veteran players and have made things worse actually. Although I must say, the more they do things like this and ignore their veteran players, the easier it is to give my money to MSF over SWGOH 🤷🏻‍♂️

I with you...next time I make a in game purchase I am going to pay in used pottery or horseshoes like my forefathers.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

I haven’t seen anyone complain about either of those. Pretty sure people are positive about this change for new players.

The issue, which of course you miss, is that they are not doing anything to ease the gear crunch at all! In fact, they’re making it worse by doubling the shard shop currency, all while keeping bronzonium rates the same, effectively making the crunch worse. So again, CG has failed to help its veteran players and have made things worse actually. Although I must say, the more they do things like this and ignore their veteran players, the easier it is to give my money to MSF over SWGOH 🤷🏻‍♂️

ok
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Fieldgulls wrote: »

I with you...next time I make a in game purchase I am going to pay in used pottery or horseshoes like my forefathers.

I will provide CG with grain from my great grandfather's farm in exchange for SSC, as it should be.

• Because in the process of passively farming, you'll get characters in half the time now as a new player. Thus you get twice as many characters, unless you're suggesting that they should just not farm once they have a team of five, which no new player will do.

I don't even know what to do with that. If you already have an account, you're not competing with a new player. They're not going to be hopping onto your arena shard. That's now how that works. And you don't get twice as many characters. You get characters twice as fast. You do realize that credit heist unlocks at lvl 30, right?
    Then, once they have dozens of characters easily farmable, naturally they'll want to use said characters. Example, getting phoenix early, and getting jedi early, and getting Seps early, since they'll be farmable at double speed, means that they will be easily able to get Padme, EP, Thrawn, and Yoda. Anyone who stalls at that point is only doing so for resource reasons anyway. Saying you can do it at your own pace and if you're impatient you should just slow down is counterintuitive to the whole point of the update. If we acknowledge that the update is meant to expedite early game, which it definitely is, then there is the matter of using resources during this. Otherwise, it takes the same amount of time as before, just for different reasons like gear, credits, and high level ability mats.

Spoiler alert: there's no "getting phoenix, Jedi, Seps early". They're the first toons you can easily and cheaply farm and anyone new who joins the game just has to do a google search to find out that phoenix and bugs are 2 of the best squads early on to get. Cheap gear (mostly) and cheap nodes with insane synergy. Bugs only need 2 zetas and run fine with Nute or Dooku lead. Phoenix don't need any zetas. Jedi don't even factor in bc outside of JKR, they're basically useless for new players. So you unlock GMY and either do a GR team (also cheap and fast) or he sits collecting dust. But just for giggles, let's say you build up your FO (another cheap early squad) to unlock bb8. What do you do with bb8 now? I've had him for almost a year and still no point in having him other than to platoon :joy: I have no reason to do anything with res in that account and the vets were a big reason to not even bother farming them. I unlocked 3PO, but i'm not bothering to gear him yet. He too is dead weight. r2 is lvl 85 and purple but I never use him either.

When I unlocked Thrawn in the alt he stayed at lvl 1 for 6 months. I should have left him there. I have no empire toons to run him with and my sith don't need him either. almost have negotiator unlocked and already have 7* malevolence so his ship doesn't matter. He's literally useless to me in that account. bb8 stayed at lvl 1 for 9 months and is still useless to me. Now despite all these mistakes, I still have 154 million credits. The rate at which they rack up is significantly higher than it used to be.

Also, I'm SUPER impatient. But impatience has nothing to do with legendaries only being as good as the teams you can put them in. So great, you can unlock loads of them!!!! Unless you have res ready for bb8, and have an instant use for 3PO, Thrawn, R2, etc., you might as well not have them. These aren't toons that suck. They're just toons that require teams being built for them to really shine. My r7 Palp doesn't do anything to anyone since my sith and empire really suck :joy: Palp in a team with some FO is terrible, truly. Dude needs synergy to show off adn he has none of that.

One last thing you forgot. Mods. Now I have a +20 speed mod in teh alt already. But my mods across teh board aren't very good. and only so much farming you can do for that. so unlock all the toons you want. But unless you have tons of mods, you're not going to be using them.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

Go back one page and the first comment is someone complaining about how it’s not fair new players won’t have the same grind he had
  • Gouj4 wrote: »

Go back one page and the first comment is someone complaining about how it’s not fair new players won’t have the same grind he had

He's literally the only one in the thread so far to say that. Although to be fair, yes, "not seeing *anyone* complain about that" is technically false.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I don't know seems to me if they can't double the shards dropped from bronzium (probably because of full charater drops) than maybe they should increase the drop rates for charaters there or increase (double) the ally points earned until they can.
    Not like all that low end gear from bronzium is going to break the gear economy or anything.
    This also drastically reduces the "value" of chromium packs, as I would guess the problem with bronzium would also affect those.

If that's what you think most of this thread is about, then you obviously didn't read it all. And if this is your attempt at summarizing a thread that raises genuine concerns about gear crunch and other aspects of the in-game economy, then my advice to you is git gud at reading.

lol of course I haven't read 7 pages of nonsense. I also don't recal saying "most" of whatever this thread is about was what I posted. I opened another thread on the issue and saw the same whining tho, if that helps. But we do have people itt upset bout how this doesn't help their particular gear wants, if that counts

what would doing something for new players have to do with old players? Did you want something too, is that it? Oh, you wanted help with the gear YOU want? I mean, don't we all. Not sure of the relevence tho

also, how is it worse? And has it even happened yet?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you