It's a Trap!

Could we perhaps put a cap on the number of Emperor's Trap stacks that can be accumulated?

I've run into some scenarios in TB and TW where I have over a hundred, and when the opponent finally takes a turn the game lags out for many minutes. While in TB I can go get a snack and usually recover, in TW the timer runs out, I get a server out-of-sync message, and I lose my team (even though there should have been plenty of time to finish the battle).

I'm not sure this is technically a "bug" as the game does eventually recover, but from a practical perspective it's made me wary of using Admiral Piett against certain teams.

Replies

• Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    What device are you using?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    What device are you using?

Happens on both Samsung Galaxy S6 and Motorola Moto G5.

It's very similar to when you were able to accumulate hundreds of Bonds of Weakness stacks in the STR using Stormtrooper Han. The game becomes unresponsive for a looooong time when they finally drop.
  • Putting a cap on a skill just for a weak phone?

This is not the way
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Get a better phone, no need to cap out emperor's trap because your device is outdated and lags

players have had a lot more stacks when using imperial troopers in assault battle, and when Han Solo takes a bonus turn in wave 7, they don't experience any lags or out of sync errors
  • No need to cap, CG just needs to write more efficient code..(the same happens with Vader lead and 100 DoTs)..Never knew simple multiplication takes so much CPU time...
  • I personally love the little pause as my Jawa Scavenger's scrap grenade detonates 40+ thermal detonators.... But, if my device was crashing because of it, I probably wouldn't be as fond of it as I am.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Get a better phone, no need to cap out emperor's trap because your device is outdated and lags

players have had a lot more stacks when using imperial troopers in assault battle, and when Han Solo takes a bonus turn in wave 7, they don't experience any lags or out of sync errors

Can you point me to the documentation that tells me which phones are sufficient to use Admiral Piett?

If the game installs on my phone it should work properly. I shouldn't have to guess which poorly coded kits will crash the game or how many stacks of Emperor's Trap my 'outdated' phones can handle.

Your comments are very privileged; this game has users from all over the world who come from a disparate variety of socioeconomic backgrounds. Telling people to buy a more expensive phone to compensate for garbage code is pretty elitist.
  • BeralCator wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Can you point me to the documentation that tells me which phones are sufficient to use Admiral Piett?

If the game installs on my phone it should work properly. I shouldn't have to guess which poorly coded kits will crash the game or how many stacks of Emperor's Trap my 'outdated' phones can handle.

Your comments are very privileged; this game has users from all over the world who come from a disparate variety of socioeconomic backgrounds. Telling people to buy a more expensive phone to compensate for garbage code is pretty elitist.

I agree completely. You shouldn't need an expensive phone for the game to run.
  • Yeah, ,# of stacks might not = the bad performance. What is it doing with the stacks?
  • Or they can fix their code so the other half of the player base can enjoy getting 300 stacks in a battle. ;) Some of us like seeing those big numbers.

I agree completely. You shouldn't need an expensive phone for the game to run.

it doesnt have to be expensive. for bout 100 bucks u get one with a newer software.
    the game evovles and therefore the requirements.

or are you still trying to play crysis on your XP?
  • $100 cheap? Relative to a flagship phone, but not in general. $100 is ~13 hours of work at minimum wage (pre tax). Not really cheap from that perspective. We're not all wales or dolphins here. Some of us are minnows or ftp.
    You'd think the hundreds of millions of dollar profit per year ($418 million in pure profit in 2019) company could put a few hours into stream lining some code.
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    Putting a cap on a skill just for a weak phone?

Throw away culture at it's finest.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »

Lol a Samsung S6 is very outdated by now.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

S6 is like what, 5 years old? Yeah, very outdated.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

S6 is like what, 5 years old? Yeah, very outdated.

Yes
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    October wrote: »
    $100 cheap? Relative to a flagship phone, but not in general. $100 is ~13 hours of work at minimum wage (pre tax). Not really cheap from that perspective. We're not all wales or dolphins here. Some of us are minnows or ftp.
    You'd think the hundreds of millions of dollar profit per year ($418 million in pure profit in 2019) company could put a few hours into stream lining some code.

I am definetely no whale, Delphin, Kraken or something like that, but compared due Apple or Samsung - 100 Bucks very cheap.

I wonder how all these people can afford a IPhone or Galaxy Flagship every year.

And if you are honest:
    How many people spend 100 Bucks for some stupid Things? So spending 100 Bucks once for a phone doesnt sound this stupid or expensive for me. There are also plenty of refurbished phones on market.

I also cant yell at the Crysis developer to script their game for my Win95 PC with 64MB RAM.

Or can i?
  • 6eljxmhnzvtp.jpeg

I’m from Wales and any reminder of that beautiful euro 2016 is appreciated, even in a Star Wars forum
  • Since my original post disappeared, I'll summarize it:
    Demanding a game change to meet your needs is narcissism.
    Calling someone an elitist as they tell you a commons sense solution to your problem is rude.
    Technology and gaming are expensive in general.
    If you can't afford a phone that can run SWGoH, you need to focus on your economic positioning, not the coding or cpu toll of a mobile game.
  • They appear to have fixed this problem. I've accumulated 100s of stacks in Assault Battles and TB without incident this week on the same "primitive" phones.

If only there were a Dev tracker where we could see bugs like this one and their status.

Thanks to those who necroed this thread.
    They appear to have fixed this problem. I've accumulated 100s of stacks in Assault Battles and TB without incident this week on the same "primitive" phones.

If only there were a Dev tracker where we could see bugs like this one and their status.

Thanks to those who necroed this thread.

There is a dev tracker, they brought it back like a month ago