Alternate leadership for specific squads

Coolnessda
273 posts Member
edited November 2020
So I've been playing around with both my geonosian squad and nightsister squad and today during yet another failed attempt at clearing the first stage of the newer assault battle with nightsisters (no thanks to Darth sidious) I was debating which toon would serve a more efficient role as squad leader. For geos everyone runs brood alpha for the extra health and protection but poggle grants offense boosts which more or less makes the geos deal more damage. Similarly for nightsisters everyone uses mother talzin for her plague ability I guess but asajj grants offense boosts and turn meter reduction which in my opinion would be more useful than temporarily resurrecting fellow ns allies with talzin. I guess it really is more or less based on preference or whatever the battle situation is but are brood alpha and talzin the absolute best leader options for their respective teams?
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Short answer: Yes, absolutely they are. They have kits almost entirely built around being the leader of the team and boosting the gimmick of the team to new heights.

Nonhelpful answer: It's all based on preference. No one is going to tell you how to play the game, only the most efficient ways. If you find a way to win with Asajj lead, no one is going to call you dumb for doing it.
  • I just cant see how mother talzin is supposed to handle sidious seeing that the only really effective way to deal with him at much higher stages is to reduce his turn meter to prevent him from attacking. My ns squad is all gear 13 and relic 1-4 and can manage at least talking 2 hits from his aoe attack before daka dies and everyone else gets obliterated.
  • Maybe consider remodding for potency. Between Asajj and Daka, if you have speed and potency, you should be able to pretty much stun-lock him. Between that and plague eating away at him under Talzin, you should have much less of a problem. Not a guarantee though, and the same result may work for you under Asajj lead. It's really up to you, but it sounds like it might be time to look at your mods if they aren't winning at relic level.

• For the record, Talzin lead also adds potency, so if it still isn't working yet, then your problem is probably mods more than anything. Speed and potency should help greatly against the bosses of this AB
  • Ok I'm sure that getting daka to relic 7 might help a little. She's only at relic 2 so she's kinda squishy.
  • Coolnessda wrote: »
    Ok I'm sure that getting daka to relic 7 might help a little. She's only at relic 2 so she's kinda squishy.

In regards to that, what is your lineup you run? Zombie might help out by reviving automatically and feeding Daka health and TM throughout the fights
  • I run a relic 2 talzin, relic 2 daka, relic 4 asajj, relic 2 spirit and a relic 1 zombie. I've been told that daka is best at relic 7 and I have a mod set designated for health on her at the moment. All zetas are filled but sidious has been the nightmare and apparently I'm not the only player who has this issue.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    MT lead seems to work better, because the resurrection of an ally builds daka health pool and gives her lots of turns.
    With AV lead, I don't think you could out speed Sid enough to keep the TMR train going and keep them alive, and you will most likely lose 2 or 3 NS every time sid does his AoE.
    I keep meaning to see if I can find his speed stat.
  • GBA is the Bossk of Geos, and the mass assist on each attack laying down all of the debuffs is an ability Bossk wishes he had.

1 thing that can be good is swapping sun fac for zDroideka or zNute. Then put sun fac behind Dooku Wat. Males the mechanics a bit different and your opponents think more
  • Coolnessda wrote: »
    I run a relic 2 talzin, relic 2 daka, relic 4 asajj, relic 2 spirit and a relic 1 zombie. I've been told that daka is best at relic 7 and I have a mod set designated for health on her at the moment. All zetas are filled but sidious has been the nightmare and apparently I'm not the only player who has this issue.

Yeah I guess then you'll just want to crank up Daka's health as much as possible which is probably best done through relics at the moment. Maybe mod asajj for potency and speed, and Talzing for speed so you can call the assist early. The goal if you use Talzin lead should be to stunlock him and chip away at him.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    edited November 2020
    I tend to prefer Asajj lead, but that largely is because my NS are undergeared and undermodded. So having the tmr not be resisted is more useful. If I were serious about running NS though and had propper gear and mods, it may turn out that Talzin is overall better and the plague is better than the offense and tmr. But it probably still may depend on the enemy. There are definitely places where people get one-tracked into certain squad arrangements: Case in point, people so often default to Palp leads that they choice him for lead in a GC against Bastila lead, where most if not all of his lead is wasted as Bastila is a hard counter to Palp teams. Vader would've been a much better choice (not that it mattered as much in this particular example when you learned to stack the event ability with Vader).

Brood Alpha I would take the hardline is way better than Poggle though. It's not just extra health and protection, it's health steal and protection recovery. With the zeta, the extra damage on basics per buffed enemy can rival the offense from Poggle lead provided the enemy is still getting buffed.

Poggle lead would be useful with Droideka or something for a leftovers 3x3 team, and even that is generous. I can't say you should ever use Poggle lead except when you're forced to in that p1 TB mission, but then having it maxed is just a matter of pride for your own CM mission waves if your guild is 6-starring p1 anyway.

• crzydroid wrote: »
    I tend to prefer Asajj lead, but that largely is because my NS are undergeared and undermodded. So having the tmr not be resisted is more useful. If I were serious about running NS though and had propper gear and mods, it may turn out that Talzin is overall better and the plague is better than the offense and tmr. But it probably still may depend on the enemy. There are definitely places where people get one-tracked into certain squad arrangements: Case in point, people so often default to Palp leads that they choice him for lead in a GC against Bastila lead, where most if not all of his lead is wasted as Bastila is a hard counter to Palp teams. Vader would've been a much better choice (not that it mattered as much in this particular example when you learned to stack the event ability with Vader).

Brood Alpha I would take the hardline is way better than Poggle though. It's not just extra health and protection, it's health steal and protection recovery. With the zeta, the extra damage on basics per buffed enemy can rival the offense from Poggle lead provided the enemy is still getting buffed.

Poggle lead would be useful with Droideka or something for a leftovers 3x3 team, and even that is generous. I can't say you should ever use Poggle lead except when you're forced to in that p1 TB mission, but then having it maxed is just a matter of pride for your own CM mission waves if your guild is 6-starring p1 anyway.

I bring Vader Thrawn EP HK . Thrawn to HK then Vader MM = win. 5th dont even matter
  • Maybe consider remodding for potency. Between Asajj and Daka, if you have speed and potency, you should be able to pretty much stun-lock him. Between that and plague eating away at him under Talzin, you should have much less of a problem. Not a guarantee though, and the same result may work for you under Asajj lead. It's really up to you, but it sounds like it might be time to look at your mods if they aren't winning at relic level.

stun lock sidious? what tier are you talking about?
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    I run a relic 2 talzin, relic 2 daka, relic 4 asajj, relic 2 spirit and a relic 1 zombie. I've been told that daka is best at relic 7 and I have a mod set designated for health on her at the moment. All zetas are filled but sidious has been the nightmare and apparently I'm not the only player who has this issue.

Yeah I guess then you'll just want to crank up Daka's health as much as possible which is probably best done through relics at the moment. Maybe mod asajj for potency and speed, and Talzing for speed so you can call the assist early. The goal if you use Talzin lead should be to stunlock him and chip away at him.

Sid in the assault battle can't be stunned