Can we get a new ship meta?

Replies

  • What are all these complaints? G8'ing GK or GG will give your capital ship a whopping +2 speed! That's practically a new meta! Playable content!

    *obvious whispers*

    Oh, you mean it's more of 'the rich get richer since coin flips will turn into spenders always going first?' PLAYABLE CONTENT!

    TBH, I don't mind. An attacking Nego has nearly a 100% winrate vs defending Malev, and the same is true the other way around. If you don't mind swapping during your climb (CG please let us save fleet 'squads'!), you should have a fairly easy time getting free crystal income from fleet arena assuming you play nice with your shard mates.
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    Ships have always been an issue. They release them so slowly that everyone can catch up.
    Everyone has negotiator and malevolence now they have been out so long.
    Agree I like the 400 crystals but I fall further now because so many new names climbed from obscurity.
    So now I’m doing a 50 refresh daily.
    So technically only making 350
    Devs must love that we are spending crystals to climb.

    This is a gross exaggeration of a statement. It is few and far between in GAC matches that I see an individual with both a Negotiator and a Malevolence. And less than half my opponents have had a negotiator. I was recently promoted to Division one and of my last 10 opponents, 0 had a malevolence and 4 had negotiators. i did see some Malevolence's in Div 2 but that was rare. The reason why this sticks out for me, is that a lot of my recent wins in Div 2 and Div1 GAC have been due to me being able to stick my 6 star negotiator on D and deprive my opponent of ship territory clear as their fleets were very poor and i can field 4 decent fleets that don't include a malevolence.

    I personally think ships are in a decent place as I have invested some resources in them and will continue to do so as I am seeing an advantage to do so. I would suggest to those that think ships are crap, to actually invest in them and use them before asking for changes to the game.
  • rickertron wrote: »
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Ships have always been an issue. They release them so slowly that everyone can catch up.
    Everyone has negotiator and malevolence now they have been out so long.
    Agree I like the 400 crystals but I fall further now because so many new names climbed from obscurity.
    So now I’m doing a 50 refresh daily.
    So technically only making 350
    Devs must love that we are spending crystals to climb.

    This is a gross exaggeration of a statement. It is few and far between in GAC matches that I see an individual with both a Negotiator and a Malevolence. And less than half my opponents have had a negotiator. I was recently promoted to Division one and of my last 10 opponents, 0 had a malevolence and 4 had negotiators. i did see some Malevolence's in Div 2 but that was rare. The reason why this sticks out for me, is that a lot of my recent wins in Div 2 and Div1 GAC have been due to me being able to stick my 6 star negotiator on D and deprive my opponent of ship territory clear as their fleets were very poor and i can field 4 decent fleets that don't include a malevolence.

    I personally think ships are in a decent place as I have invested some resources in them and will continue to do so as I am seeing an advantage to do so. I would suggest to those that think ships are crap, to actually invest in them and use them before asking for changes to the game.

    Whilst I wouldn’t dream of denying your experience, up at the mid-top of division one and in end-game shards, absolutely everyone has both those ships at 7* and all associated ships at 7* with relic pilots and 6 dot mods.

    What would you suggest to people in this situation? Because investing in them doesn’t seem applicable
  • TVF
    26682 posts Member
    rickertron wrote: »
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Ships have always been an issue. They release them so slowly that everyone can catch up.
    Everyone has negotiator and malevolence now they have been out so long.
    Agree I like the 400 crystals but I fall further now because so many new names climbed from obscurity.
    So now I’m doing a 50 refresh daily.
    So technically only making 350
    Devs must love that we are spending crystals to climb.

    This is a gross exaggeration of a statement. It is few and far between in GAC matches that I see an individual with both a Negotiator and a Malevolence. And less than half my opponents have had a negotiator. I was recently promoted to Division one and of my last 10 opponents, 0 had a malevolence and 4 had negotiators. i did see some Malevolence's in Div 2 but that was rare. The reason why this sticks out for me, is that a lot of my recent wins in Div 2 and Div1 GAC have been due to me being able to stick my 6 star negotiator on D and deprive my opponent of ship territory clear as their fleets were very poor and i can field 4 decent fleets that don't include a malevolence.

    Enjoy it while it lasts. It won't.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • rickertron
    100 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    @TVF

    Yea I get your point, This game is never static and either the game is progressing and/or your competition is always progressing Things are always a changing.

    My post really only was disputing the claimed statement of fact that everyone has Mal and Neg. i did throw in an extra bit at end that probably confused that point when I made a pointed suggestion that might not (probably does not hold true for all players.)

  • rickertron
    100 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    rickertron wrote: »
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Ships have always been an issue. They release them so slowly that everyone can catch up.
    Everyone has negotiator and malevolence now they have been out so long.
    Agree I like the 400 crystals but I fall further now because so many new names climbed from obscurity.
    So now I’m doing a 50 refresh daily.
    So technically only making 350
    Devs must love that we are spending crystals to climb.

    This is a gross exaggeration of a statement. It is few and far between in GAC matches that I see an individual with both a Negotiator and a Malevolence. And less than half my opponents have had a negotiator. I was recently promoted to Division one and of my last 10 opponents, 0 had a malevolence and 4 had negotiators. i did see some Malevolence's in Div 2 but that was rare. The reason why this sticks out for me, is that a lot of my recent wins in Div 2 and Div1 GAC have been due to me being able to stick my 6 star negotiator on D and deprive my opponent of ship territory clear as their fleets were very poor and i can field 4 decent fleets that don't include a malevolence.

    I personally think ships are in a decent place as I have invested some resources in them and will continue to do so as I am seeing an advantage to do so. I would suggest to those that think ships are crap, to actually invest in them and use them before asking for changes to the game.

    Whilst I wouldn’t dream of denying your experience, up at the mid-top of division one and in end-game shards, absolutely everyone has both those ships at 7* and all associated ships at 7* with relic pilots and 6 dot mods.

    What would you suggest to people in this situation? Because investing in them doesn’t seem applicable

    Don't worry you did not deny my experience.
  • First Order tank ship would be nice.
  • Getting all those juicy fleet arena crystals is fun and all but it would be nice with at least a few new ships to play with. Maybe something to make the Endurance viable again, but without any synergy with Negotiator.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    First Order tank ship would be nice.

    A fourth Resistance ship, too. Maybe one of the bombers from Last Jedi.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    First Order tank ship would be nice.
    The First Order does not hide behind tanks!!! :p
    (They hide behind Star Destroyers, Dreadnaughts and planet killers! ;) )
    NicWester wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    First Order tank ship would be nice.

    A fourth Resistance ship, too. Maybe one of the bombers from Last Jedi.
    Nooooo!!! They need a BLT! :D
  • Getting rid of gated capital ships should be considered going forward.

    A razorcrest and a hondo capital ship could make for a decent scoundrel meta.

    Fo and res need to get established with a few more ships.

    They can basically flip the meta instantly at this point. Unfortunately with cg they’ll probably release something godly that you can only get from the challenge tier tank raid.
  • nope, we need more ships, to pimp other factions
    Empire, rebels, FO, Resistance.
    I won't say the word "Fair"; but seeing a 245K GG fleet in top 20 where the basic fleet is at least 400K+ seems odd.
  • rickertron wrote: »
    @TVF

    Yea I get your point, This game is never static and either the game is progressing and/or your competition is always progressing Things are always a changing.

    My post really only was disputing the claimed statement of fact that everyone has Mal and Neg. i did throw in an extra bit at end that probably confused that point when I made a pointed suggestion that might not (probably does not hold true for all players.)

    Agreed it’s really only people in guilds doing ls geo tb that have both mal and neg. My mal isn’t even 6* and neg hasn’t been started. But it’s still good enough for top of arena.
  • 2017 called....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nauros
    3791 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    First Order tank ship would be nice.

    A fourth Resistance ship, too. Maybe one of the bombers from Last Jedi.

    I'm all for more Resistance ships, just not the cardboard bombers.
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • I have Malevolence and am working on an Empire fleet - I'm yet to see it but I gather it can take out both Mal and Negotiater. Tie Bomber is a good ship.

    But yes, the meta is stale and could do with a shake up.
  • Yes to this ... more variety in ships!!
    I’m so tired of mirror Nego battles.
  • yes please PLEASE give us a new ship meta!! Just a new FO ship and Resistance ship, to make them more competitive, would already be awesome.
  • Does increasing mod rarity make your capital ship faster? I have all 6 dot mods and 2 of them are green but my negotiator still doesn't go first everytime
  • Anarkid wrote: »
    Does increasing mod rarity make your capital ship faster? I have all 6 dot mods and 2 of them are green but my negotiator still doesn't go first everytime
    No, but r8 does.
  • It’s cheaper to learn the strategy to always win mirror even though you’re slower.
  • Getting all those juicy fleet arena crystals is fun and all but it would be nice with at least a few new ships to play with. Maybe something to make the Endurance viable again, but without any synergy with Negotiator.

    I remember I used to use Endurance in arena and it did pretty well. I used to be able to time the invincible ultimate to go off right before the tarkin ultimate would happen so they wouldn't take any damage. Then, they "upgraded" it with a nerf to its abilities along with bringing in a bunch of new ships, then nothing for almost a year now.

    Today I maxed out the last ship I needed to, the Raddus. They said when they released Raddus and Finalizer "we're aware they need tanks!" That was in February last year (2020).....

    It'd be great to have enough ships for each capital ship, at the least.
  • They need many many more ships to make a new, meaningful, diverse meta. Enough ships to make people able to farm different configurations. They would need new pilots to to not have Vets already with relic pilots
  • TVF
    26682 posts Member
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    Yes to this ... more variety in ships!!
    I’m so tired of mirror Nego battles.

    Use mal
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Nooooo!!! They need a BLT! :D

    Did they have a BLT? I don't remember... The fact that I don't remember is frustrating me. I guess I'll watch the movies again today to refresh myself!

    (If nothing else, we need Ello Asty, we need his ship, and we need all his abilities to be named after Beasie Boys songs.)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Nooooo!!! They need a BLT! :D

    Did they have a BLT? I don't remember... The fact that I don't remember is frustrating me. I guess I'll watch the movies again today to refresh myself!

    (If nothing else, we need Ello Asty, we need his ship, and we need all his abilities to be named after Beasie Boys songs.)
    Apparently it was a BTA but yes, the Resistance had Y-Wings
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/BTA-NR2_Y-wing_starfighter
  • TVF wrote: »
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    Yes to this ... more variety in ships!!
    I’m so tired of mirror Nego battles.

    Use mal

    My plan was to stockpile GET2 until the new meta comes out, so I don’t have the Male. I finish top in fleet arena so it’s still fine, but now my stock pile is so big I could probably get the Male and still be ok if a new capital ships come out in the GET store....unless they double the price for that new ship.
  • Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    Yes to this ... more variety in ships!!
    I’m so tired of mirror Nego battles.

    Use mal

    My plan was to stockpile GET2 until the new meta comes out
    And that's why if we get another fleet meta from Guild event store, it'll be GET 3.
  • Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    Yes to this ... more variety in ships!!
    I’m so tired of mirror Nego battles.

    Use mal

    My plan was to stockpile GET2 until the new meta comes out
    And that's why if we get another fleet meta from Guild event store, it'll be GET 3.
    Shhhh, don't give them any ideas! :p
  • Galactic Challenge Tokens.
Sign In or Register to comment.