The Road Ahead - November [MEGA]

Prev13456
crzydroid
7233 posts Moderator
DEV POST
" wrote:

Hi Holotable Heroes,

Well friends, it’s that time again - Road Ahead! 2020 has been a challenging year for many and we want to extend a huge thank you to all of you for your support. November has a few big items to go over, so let’s dive in.

5th Anniversary
2020 has flown by (or crawled in some instances) and we find ourselves once again in November, which is a special month in Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes. As many of you know, it is our anniversary of launching the game. This year is particularly momentous, as we celebrate our fifth year of being live. We are truly thankful to all of the players that continue to play on the holotables with us as none of this would be possible without you. As is tradition, on 11/25, we will be sending players some “goodies'' for continuing to make this game great. Capital Games cannot thank you all enough and we look forward to supporting Galaxy of Heroes for many years to come.

Shard Economy Changes
If you haven’t seen our post yet about our upcoming Shard Economy changes, you can read about them here. We’re working on ways of making it easier for you to earn shards, and plan to deploy these changes in time for our 5th anniversary release. While shards are critical for players in order to build a fun and compelling roster, we know many of you have questions around what’s coming next; rest assured there’s more to tackle in regards to the game’s economy but we need to see the results of these shard changes before committing to any future updates. Gear, Ships, and Event rewards are all being closely examined and any upcoming changes will likely be discussed in a future State of the Galaxy or Road Ahead. For the moment, we’re excited to see how these planned changes to Shards will improve the game and inform what other changes we can make in the future.

Challenge Tier Raids

It is with great pleasure that we introduce to you... the Challenge Tier Rancor! Yes, our old rubbery friend will be climbing back from the pit to give you a new challenge. After the response we saw from the Assault Battles we wanted to create something truly worthy of your rosters. We’re still feeding the Rancor and don’t know what he’s going to look like at the end of his meal, but we know a few things: 1) The Challenge Tier Rancor will update the existing boss mechanics. 2) The Rancor and Guards will be getting a visual update. 3) The Challenge Tier will be a separate event from the old Rancor. 4) The goal is to make the new Challenge Tier un-solo-able at launch. And last but not least, 5) the Challenge Tier Rancor will reward Relic 8 materials. We’ll have another post next month to give specifics on the Challenge Tier Rancor so that players can prepare. Also we’ll have more on Relics in a post coming soon.

The Mandalorian Season 2

Mandalorian Season 2 is upon us and we are just as excited as all of you! We’ve kicked off the new season by bringing back two sentimental fan favorites - Kuiil and IG-11 in his nurse incarnation. You’ve already seen their kits and how they play, but we’re excited to see what awesome combinations and squads the community can build with them.

Up next, we continue our season of The Mandalorian content with one of the most requested characters from Season 1 of the show, Moff Gideon! Leading a remnant of the Imperial forces, Moff Gideon is obsessed with obtaining The Child no matter the cost and wields a long forgotten relic from Mandalore’s past. Unlike Kuiil and IG-11, Moff Gideon will be initially unlocked from an upcoming Marquee event and we will have more to share in the coming weeks.
xxbkty1b700e.png

And we’ve still got a few ingots of Beskar saved for some surprises and there may be a few more friends coming from the Mandalorian yet. Stay tuned to see who else shows up to the holotable.

The Future of Galactic Challenges

In August we released a new mode called Galactic Challenges and we’ve been closely reviewing data and community sentiment around the initial release. We’ve been tinkering with different aspects of the mode and have identified some parts of the system that we’d like to update, so starting this December we’re going to be doing an expansion of Galactic Challenge functionality. We’ll be adding Autocomplete functionality, new kinds of Feats, support for new combat mechanics, and we’ll be adding a new End of Event reward mechanic.

To save you time and effort, we’re introducing Autocomplete. This means that successfully completing combat missions and feats at a higher tier of difficulty will now give you credit for any lower tier. For instance, completing tier 5 at 2 star will give you full credit for tiers 1-4 in addition to the stars earned from tier 5. Similarly, completing a feat at tier 5 will give you credit for the same Feat at the earlier levels. Note: we’re moving mission completion into discrete Feats in order to tie into the new End of Event reward system.

With the introduction of the new End of Event rewards, you will now earn a new type of currency from completing combat missions and their associated feats. As you accumulate this currency, you will earn a progressively better chest of rewards which will open at the end of the event.

With the instant payout of rewards, players who complete Challenges up to the higher tiers of difficulty earn all the rewards - even those which may not be applicable to where they are in the game - from the earlier tiers. By making the switch to End of Event rewards, we will be able to improve and differentiate the rewards offered as you progress from one chest to the next.

Lastly, we’re eyeing a major expansion of the Galactic Challenges system sometime in February or March of next year. We’ve got some significant changes we’d like to make, but we’re not far enough along to discuss them yet. We’ll be talking about them in our next Road Ahead.

-CG_Tophat

DEV POST

Replies

• Please make the rewards the same for everyone. Don't make us compete within our own guild for gear progression.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Loved this Road Ahead
    + Challenge Tier Raid (is it Solo raid or guild wide Raid?)
    + Future of Galactic Challenges - End of Event rewards sound great; I hope it has good endgame prize box rather than tank raid gear, and some signal data + relic scraps
    + More improvements for GC - Holy heck that's great. As early as Feb / March?? I'm loving this Galactic Challenge news more and more
    + support for new combat mechanics - Three postivies for GC because this sounds interesting. A GC where we only fight a beast like Tarentatek, Krayt Dragon, etc??? Whatever they are doing, it sounds exciting
    + Potential changes to Gear, Ships, Event rewards. YES YES YES YES YES. Regardless of what feedback you get, there needs to be an improvement to all 3 departments
    Cons:

- Relic Tier 8
    - Is it a solo raid or guild wide raid? How is the prize box being distributed? Is it the same way the Sith Raid does?
    - No Tank Raid SIM? No Reward Pool changes to Sith Raid? Other than an additional tier, no new changes being added?

Why introduce only one new relic tier upgrade? I'm curious what else is included in this tier upgrade. A +30 mastery? Relic Abilities? So odd to only introduce one new relic tier level. The problem with Relic 8 is that going to relic 7 eats up so many resources that I'm out of relic scrap for carbonite circuit board and bronzium so i hope relic tier 8 doesn't require them at all

What did you like? Dislike? Thoughts?
  • Can you make it so the mechanics of the new Rancor allow SEE to be viable in it for good damage since SEE is useless everywhere else?
  • This Road Ahead post was the only one that was better then Carry age ones,i don't know how turned the ship around but from the bottom of my heart thank you! And all this after they announced a new possible gear crunch
  • Wonder if relic 8 will unlock new abilities like they mentioned before
  • I always knew they would add more Relic levels: "7" was an odd number to stop at, literally and figuratively. I suppose we will see a new relic level every 3-4 months until we get to Relic 10.
  • They did mention that they didnt want the Rancor to be soloable, so that leads me to believe its guild wide. Though they couldve just meant they dont want a single toon to solo it. Idk, the terminology gets mixed around a lot.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Cs99 wrote: »
    Wonder if relic 8 will unlock new abilities like they mentioned before

yeah i wonder if we are getting that

CG was clear that they weren't bothering with Relic Abilities anymore, but there is no incentive to go from Relic 7 to Relic 8 if its a small boost in mastery other than GL Unique giving Galactic Legends +10% Max Health and Protection

TopHat also said there will be a separate blog post on this so it has to be a big upgrade imo
  • Please make the rewards the same for everyone. Don't make us compete within our own guild for gear progression.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    LordDunbar wrote: »
    I always knew they would add more Relic levels: "7" was an odd number to stop at, literally and figuratively. I suppose we will see a new relic level every 3-4 months until we get to Relic 10.

I believe the datamine shows that relic levels go up to level 50 when they introduced relics
  • I think it will not be a solo raid (because they said it was not meant to be solable at launch) but we will have to wait

Relic 8 not much a problem, but attached to a raid? HUGE problem
    So HSTR happening all over again huh?
    Relic 8 only for top 10 lol
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited November 2020
    mariogsh wrote: »
    I think it will not be a solo raid (because they said it was not meant to be solable at launch) but we will have to wait
    To me a solo raid means clearing the raid using one squad rather than multiple squads

My biggest fear of a new raid was always a gear / relic requirement entry barrier which I think will be the case

I hope CG can shed more info on this sooner than later
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    I think it will not be a solo raid (because they said it was not meant to be solable at launch) but we will have to wait

Relic 8 not much a problem, but attached to a raid? HUGE problem
    So HSTR happening all over again huh?
    Relic 8 only for top 10 lol

This seems likely. The difficulty will be tuned to where only top guilds will be able to beat it at first.
  • It had me disappointed at relic 8 and yet another currency
  • Everything is awesome
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    OldBoy wrote: »
    It had me disappointed at relic 8 and yet another currency

CG has always said that with a new raid, they will introduce a new progression tier (previously it was gear, and now it will be relic materials)

I think CG needs to allow us to scrap ALL g12 gear while they are increasing the ceiling
  • I guess this means no word on any SEE review results or changes?
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    I guess this means no word on any SEE review results or changes?

k7imdlhgjond.jpg
  • If you are making use do another raid please for the love of .... let us sim the HAAT raid. I don't want to schedule 3 raids in a rotation.
  • Here we go!
  • OldBoy wrote: »
    It had me disappointed at relic 8 and yet another currency

I'm not sure it's another actual currency to spend it in a shop. I think it has to do with getting the chests at the end of the Galactic Challenges.

But, they didn't really expand on it much, so we'll just have to wait and see.
  • Swgoh had been on a fairly positive roll as of late. But this relic 8 craic has a "ive got a bad feeling about this" kinda vibe.
  • Glad to see the autocomplete. Would love to see that get extended to assault battles.
  • just more tone def cashgrabs. they dont care about the community one bit.
  • Amazing news. Seems like they’re committing a little more to future adjustments to gear and ships which would be amazing. Excited for the changes to Galactic challenges as well. Seems to me the game is going in a good direction so really excited for what’s to come. Assuming that since the “goodies” will be dropping on the 25th that’s also when we can expect the Shard update ?
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    Glad to see the autocomplete. Would love to see that get extended to assault battles.

This would be awesome
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    Amazing news. Seems like they’re committing a little more to future adjustments to gear and ships which would be amazing. Excited for the changes to Galactic challenges as well. Seems to me the game is going in a good direction so really excited for what’s to come. Assuming that since the “goodies” will be dropping on the 25th that’s also when we can expect the Shard update ?

Yeah, another issue i had which i forgot to point out was that ships is in a "wait and see" mode

like.... its been stale for 1.5 years now
  • Moff gideon isnt obsessed with the child. he doesnt even care about the child. i think the 3 episodes of season 2 proves it. hes too busy rubbing his darksaber preparing another speech. to include that language in the road ahead shows how off things are.
  • If this is a new raid tier and not a solo event, please give everyone in the guild the same rewards.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    Amazing news. Seems like they’re committing a little more to future adjustments to gear and ships which would be amazing. Excited for the changes to Galactic challenges as well. Seems to me the game is going in a good direction so really excited for what’s to come. Assuming that since the “goodies” will be dropping on the 25th that’s also when we can expect the Shard update ?

Yeah, another issue i had which i forgot to point out was that ships is in a "wait and see" mode

like.... its been stale for 1.5 years now

Oh yeah for sure. Hopefully changes come sooner rather than later but I’m glad they’ve at least acknowledged it’s one of the things they need to tackle