F2P Empire Lead

Catfinity
3 posts Member
edited November 2020
I have been following Ahnaldt101's farming guide, and I've just started gearing up my Empire team. I have Vader, Palps, Thrawn, Tarkin, and Fallen Bastilla, who will eventually be replaced by Piet or Shore trooper. I've been wondering which lead to use. Unfortunately, I don't have Wat Tambor. The most common teams that I see in GAC Division 11 are non legandary Jedi. I might also see Phoenix and Empire, or maybe Clones or teams of assorted characters. My ally code is 612-131-377.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Palp lead, and put a zeta on Vader mm ASAP if you haven't already. With palp lead, Vader can do force crush, then get an immediate bonus turn(even if you dont have palps lead zeta).
  • Vader lead is incredibly powerful now. If you R7 Vader he can solo many teams and is needed for Rey counter on the cheap. There is more justification now to zzz Vader and leave your empire there. Then it makes his ship nice too.
  • Catfinity
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I am nowhere near Relics. It will be years before I encounter Galactic Legends.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Catfinity wrote: »
    I am nowhere near Relics. It will be years before I encounter Galactic Legends.

LOL, no it won't. They got these things called P2Pers that are probably already in your top 50. As soon you hit top 50, welcome.
  • Ummm, did I mention that my GP is only 500k and I'm 100% F2P? I miiiight encounter them in Squad Arena, but that's not that important.
  • zPiet is worthy even at low stars when Vader is on the team. The fundamental issue with Empire is the difficulty in getting out in front of teams. Once it gets the TM train going, it is brutal but getting it started can be a real issue.

Without Wat: zPalp lead, zVader, zPiet, Thrawn and Shore or SET are a very strong team. It can be a very high banner team since it can nuke an entire team before they even get a turn.

Also: zzVader, zPiet, Thrawn, zWampa and Shore/SET can be a real scary team. I would not go out of my way to level Wampa but if you build him out for JKL he is a nice addition to this team. His damage, healing and counters due to the DOTs get crazy.

IMO make Thrawn stupid fast and hand off to Vader. If you are faster than the other team, switching out the tank becomes an option. Careful of teams that prevent TM manipulation.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Straegen wrote: »
    zPiet is worthy even at low stars when Vader is on the team. The fundamental issue with Empire is the difficulty in getting out in front of teams. Once it gets the TM train going, it is brutal but getting it started can be a real issue.

Without Wat: zPalp lead, zVader, zPiet, Thrawn and Shore or SET are a very strong team. It can be a very high banner team since it can nuke an entire team before they even get a turn.

Also: zzVader, zPiet, Thrawn, zWampa and Shore/SET can be a real scary team. I would not go out of my way to level Wampa but if you build him out for JKL he is a nice addition to this team. His damage, healing and counters due to the DOTs get crazy.

IMO make Thrawn stupid fast and hand off to Vader. If you are faster than the other team, switching out the tank becomes an option. Careful of teams that prevent TM manipulation.

Can't Vader hit 330+ functional speed if you mod him to 290ish? He gets 8 per Empire doesn't he? I think extra sith tags add another 8 so EP gives him 16.
    Yeah, here is my Vader going before Thrawn. My Trawn is 304 or 306, and my Vader is 250. So his unique on my Empire EP team is at least giving him 54 speed. So if you mod him 280 too 290 you should be faster than most you will meet. Oh, and in that battle example I faced no Jedi or rebel, so it isn't considering that bump either. v9ighwi327fh.jpgsqi8tolu68ne.jpg
    n1dg3cxo03nd.jpg

• 290 speed Vader requires 149 from mods. That's a lot of mod speed, especially if you run an offense set over speed(which I do). I have him at around 250, and he goes before my 313 thrawn against Jedi or rebels
  • Snowbird13 wrote: »
    290 speed Vader requires 149 from mods. That's a lot of mod speed, especially if you run an offense set over speed(which I do). I have him at around 250, and he goes before my 313 thrawn against Jedi or rebels

LOL yeah you are right, my best speed and potency combo only gets him to 275 before kit bonuses. And that would be gimping my C3PO and GMY 53wd141atpnk.jpgd0qkk7mhad1g.jpg