Design a Character - Just for fun

Back again with another way to celebrate the 5th anniversary of this community!

Throughout the five years I've been playing this game, they've added so many characters that I find it hard to imagine any huge well of untapped content left (even though I know that's crazy :D )

So I wanted to open a thread for people to talk about characters they think would be fun cool additions to the game! Feel free to just suggest a character and debate lore, or come up with full ability descriptions, or even theorycraft a whole new mechanic like when Fear was introduced! You could even make them synergize with an existing team.

For example, I think a Kaminoan Cloner would be cool. Synergy with clones, Shaak, and Jango and Boba would be a crazy mixed up team, but could also allow for some cool possible teams. They would be a support character and a healer, possibly functioning like Mon Mothma and summoning a clone unit that we know and love (like a clone medic or Ponds or someone else annoying from TB's) to fight alongside the rest of the squad!

Replies

  • Sewpot
    1556 posts Member
    SEE that IS a devastating attacker.
    That would be my dream character lol
  • Nauros
    3791 posts Member
    Simple yet impactful design: PROXY
    You pick a character he will copy.
    He copies gear, abilities and so on at the lower level between him and the copied character, maybe can't copy leads.
    Can't copy GLs.
    You can't use him in the same team as the copied character to avoid two zombies and similar things.
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • I’d say GL Chanellor Palps
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Mara Jade, a switching set of abilities like Ki-Adi, but depending on the team she's with. Stealthy assassin qualities when paired with the emperor and a jedi kit when paired with Luke.

    I know that you could just have two different characters, I just think switching abilities depending on the leader would be a cool mechanic.
  • He would Siphon off allies, need GR, GR Jedi, and Seps on his team. His lead would give GR Jedi (not Snips, Ani, GMY, or Kenobi) order 66 ability after 6 turns, which kills the Jedi who uses the ability, and GL Chancellor Palps gains their stats in addition, makes that his new base stats (% based uniques + his lead do more to him) and he gains their Mastery
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • I'd use him with R7 Dooku, R7 Padme, R7 Shaak Ti, R7 Zarris / R7 Ki Adi
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Dr. Aphra.

    That is all.

    Need another to make our "GL" Vader top tier. Let's go!
  • Sebek
    1209 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I love to Design Kits, i have Many already Created, but One of the Most i would love to be is a Wookiee Team, With Merumeru and Chief Tarfful
    Join the Dark Side, We Have Cookies.
    Join the Light Side, We Have Wookies.
  • Sebek wrote: »
    I love to Design Kits, i have Many already Created, but One of the Most i would love to be is a Wookiee Team, With Merumeru and Chief Tarfful

    I would kill for a reason to have a Wookie tag in the game. I'd be running a full Wookie team. I'd do it with all the Chewbacca's right now, but it's just not viable or synergetic enough to count lol
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    478 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Here is a bunch of stuff, still working on it
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • .
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Lets design JarJar CG
    Can and will turn meter load teams in Gac and TW

    6 Zetas
    Specials:
    Lame
    Very Lame
    and Ultra Lame

    Each special requires 2 zetas due to reskinned design
  • I definitely support adding Mara Jade to the game, but I think the character the game most desperately needs is Mace Windu.

    Too bad they never added him. He could have a fun kit.

    First power:

    Galactic Common, Do You Speak It? (Special, Cooldown 4): Inflicts fear. When this fear expires, inflict Stun for one turn, Daze for 2 turns, and unique debuff, Lay Vengeance. When a character with Lay Vengeance upon them deals damage to an enemy, the enemy Mace Windu counter attacks that character, ignoring taunts & stealth, dealing +200% damage. Then Lay Vengeance expires.

  • Maz Kanata, Light Side
    Support, Resistance, Scoundrel

    Final text of each of her skills:

    Basic: Union Dispute
    Deal damage to target enemy. Dispel a random buff on target enemy or two random buffs if that enemy is Scoundrel or First Order.

    Special 1: Those Beasts! (cooldown 3)
    Stun target enemy for one turn and give them buff immunity for 2 turns. If that enemy is First Order, stun them for two turns instead.

    Special 2: Chewbacca is my boyfriend (cooldown 3)
    Dispel all buffs from target enemy. If that enemy is a Scoundrel, place each dispelled buff on Maz Kanata and all allied Chewbaccas that are present.

    Unique 1: Black Market Assistance
    Whenever a Scoundrel ally uses their Basic ability, another random Resistance ally assists. If the assisting Resistance ally scores a critical hit, dispel all buffs from the target.

    Unique 2: Pirate Queen
    Whenever a Resistance ally uses their Basic ability, another random Scoundrel ally assists. If the assisting Scoundrel ally scores a critical hit, give the target buff immunity for 2 turns.
  • I'd like to see Maz as a real FO killer, more like this:
    The Light Will Guide You (Basic):
    Deal physical damage. If target enemy has Advantage, this attack is a critical hit which cannot be evaded or prevented.

    I Llike That Wookie (Special, cooldown: 4): If any allied Chewbacca has been defeated, revive them with Health and Protecton equal to Maz's current Health & Protection (subject to the revived character's maximums), then all other scoundrels assist at -40% damage. If any allied Chewbacca assists, Maz gains +10% Offense and +10% Defense until the end of the battle. Reduce this cooldown by 1 every time any Chewbacca ally is defeated.

    I Know The Force (Special, cooldown: 4): Cleanse all debuffs on all Allies. If any stuns were dispelled, grant +50% TM to the character from which it was dispelled and +25% TM to Maz Tanaka. Then grant all allies TenacityUP and ProtectionUP (+40%) buffs for two turns.

    Those Beasts (Unique): Maz is immune to Massive Damage when attacked by a character with advantage and always immune to stun. Anytime either immunity is triggered, Maz gains stealth until the end of her next turn. Any time an enemy gains Advantage, Maz recovers 10% Health and 10% Protection.

    The Only Fight (Unique): Light Side Scoundrel and Resistance allies take 30% less damage from enemies attacking with Advantage. While stealthed, Light Side allies have +35% counter chance, doubled for scoundrels, and +35% Health Steal.

    We Must Fight (Leadership): At the beginning of any encounter all tanks gain +10% Defense per Dark Side enemy until the end of the encounter, all attackers gain +3% Offense per Dark Side enemy until the end of the encounter, all Supports and Healers gain Stealth for two turns. Any time any enemy gains Advantage, all Light Side allies gain +3% Critical damage and +3 speed until the end of the encounter.

    Get Vandor Chewie, Vet Chewie, Clone Wars Chewie, and R2 together to watch some sparks fly. Or maybe throw Princess Leia on the squad instead of Vet Chewie.

  • I'd like to see Maz as a real FO killer, more like this:
    The Light Will Guide You (Basic):
    Deal physical damage. If target enemy has Advantage, this attack is a critical hit which cannot be evaded or prevented.

    I Llike That Wookie (Special, cooldown: 4): If any allied Chewbacca has been defeated, revive them with Health and Protecton equal to Maz's current Health & Protection (subject to the revived character's maximums), then all other scoundrels assist at -40% damage. If any allied Chewbacca assists, Maz gains +10% Offense and +10% Defense until the end of the battle. Reduce this cooldown by 1 every time any Chewbacca ally is defeated.

    I Know The Force (Special, cooldown: 4): Cleanse all debuffs on all Allies. If any stuns were dispelled, grant +50% TM to the character from which it was dispelled and +25% TM to Maz Tanaka. Then grant all allies TenacityUP and ProtectionUP (+40%) buffs for two turns.

    Those Beasts (Unique): Maz is immune to Massive Damage when attacked by a character with advantage and always immune to stun. Anytime either immunity is triggered, Maz gains stealth until the end of her next turn. Any time an enemy gains Advantage, Maz recovers 10% Health and 10% Protection.

    The Only Fight (Unique): Light Side Scoundrel and Resistance allies take 30% less damage from enemies attacking with Advantage. While stealthed, Light Side allies have +35% counter chance, doubled for scoundrels, and +35% Health Steal.

    We Must Fight (Leadership): At the beginning of any encounter all tanks gain +10% Defense per Dark Side enemy until the end of the encounter, all attackers gain +3% Offense per Dark Side enemy until the end of the encounter, all Supports and Healers gain Stealth for two turns. Any time any enemy gains Advantage, all Light Side allies gain +3% Critical damage and +3 speed until the end of the encounter.

    Get Vandor Chewie, Vet Chewie, Clone Wars Chewie, and R2 together to watch some sparks fly. Or maybe throw Princess Leia on the squad instead of Vet Chewie.

    That kit is incredible and almost worthy of being the LS scoundrel GL to go across from Jabba. I could already see Vet Han, Vet Chewie, Vandor Chewie, and Nest being the team to beat under her. Or if you're saving Nest, maybe use L3-37 for good tank synergy. Or like, Tobias Beckett or a potential slew of new neutral and LS Scoundrels they haven't used yet.
  • Yeah, it would need play testing, but I wanted her to be Jedi Knight Luke-level awesome, and since SLKR is the top toon right now, I wanted her to be able to counter him to some extent.
    I could already see Vet Han, Vet Chewie, Vandor Chewie, and Nest being the team to beat under her.

    That would be pretty nasty. R2 granting stealth, CWC to take on Tank duties would also be viable toons under her lead.

    I was really hoping that the kit would make use of under-used toons and designed it to lean in that direction.
  • Yeah, it would need play testing, but I wanted her to be Jedi Knight Luke-level awesome, and since SLKR is the top toon right now, I wanted her to be able to counter him to some extent.
    I could already see Vet Han, Vet Chewie, Vandor Chewie, and Nest being the team to beat under her.

    That would be pretty nasty. R2 granting stealth, CWC to take on Tank duties would also be viable toons under her lead.

    I was really hoping that the kit would make use of under-used toons and designed it to lean in that direction.

    I love the idea of someone revitalizing a faction. I was just saying both Vets for full Scoundrel/Resistance synergy, Vandor for Scoundrel revives, and then it could really be anyone tanky. CWC wouldn't be bad, Zaalbar wouldn't be that bad (but worse without Mission), some missed opportunity characters from Solo that could really spice up the Scoundrels (we got Nest which is fine but why not Beckett who was present longer and did more for the movie?).
Sign In or Register to comment.