Expert advice needed. Stepping into level 60.

Me_and_the_Force
5 posts Member
edited November 2020
Hello everyone, and may the force be with you all!

As I am entering lvl 60 today, I would appreciate any help that keeps me away from costly mistakes and gives me an edge without spending anything else but time on this game. Maybe a bit of money here and there if necessary to show my appreciation and support for the game. But I find the prices kind of steep to be honest, so I want to steer clear of costly mistakes as I said before. This is the 3rd time I have started the game, as there is no other way to properly learn the game. Previously I have reached lvl 72, so anything beyond that is exploration for me. I have read tutorials an stuff of course, but nothing supplants good advice from fellow players with a great deal of experience.

All in all, the advice I am looking for would help to be tailored to my current situation, so I will try to be as thorough as I can with the details.
A picture makes for 1000 words:

82zvqm680xwk.jpg
olyv55vih1dg.jpg
nycilmhaptxy.jpg

The most important decision for me is on what ships and how to split the initial Ship XP, in order to be relevant in Ships Arena right from the start, and also for what capital ship should I go for right now? Tarkin seems the obvious choice for me, but maybe there is something that escapes my line of thought

I have tried to prepare for this moment grooming the Phoenix team, including Sabine, Biggs and also Ashoka for the ship and also because I intend to pair her up with JKA under a Bastila leadership in an all Jedi team.

Thank you in advance to all who care to lend a helping hand.

Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• As a college student who is broke, I only spend money on this game when it is an amazing deal.

But to start, I would level up Phoenix (without Sabine) to 7* and gear them up well (G10 or G11). That way you can start Thrawn event & work towards the Phoenix characters ships for Thrawns Capital Ship.

After that, Nute Gunray is a great starting point in this game. If I were you, I would gear him up highest you can (he helps you unlock Padme).

Geonosians are great too, anytime you are able to farm them do ASAP.

(Side Note): Boba Fett is great, Count Dooku is great, Vader is AMAZING, and make sure to level Ackbar up to 7 stars if you like your rebels since he has a capital ship (he’s a terrible character though.)

Lastly, if you ever want to purchase something in this game I strongly recommend the Hyperdrive Bundle. It’s an amazing deal. It will jumpstart you significantly, especially since there is so many new accounts being made by veterans on this game just to whale for Jedi Knight Revan to dominate new players.

All in All, have fun. Upgrade the players you want. But, DO NOT WASTE YOUR GP YOU WILL REGRET IT LATER!
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    The starting advice still seems to be Phoenix as a gateway to Thrawn. A lot of people insist Ezra is necessary for this, but as someone who beat Thrawn tier 7 easily with Sabine instead of Ezra, I can tell you that it can be done if you really prefer Sabine. However, I see your Ezra is already at 7 stars, so that might be a more logical choice for you. You could include both and leave out Chopper, but I think he's in the cantina store, so an easier farm than Sabine.

For ships I think Tarkin is a good starting choice out of the three. Home One becomes better once you have Falcon, but only then (and the best ones right now are Malevolence and Negotiator). You also need Tarkin in order to unlock the highest challenge tier which will get you zeta mats.

Join a good guild as well that has Heroic raids on farm. This will help your gear progression but also your guildmates can help you with roster direction.
  • Thank you all for your answers, but I am left with the same questions, what ships to put my starting xp on? How should I split the starting XP between ships. Should I go for the capital ship, should I split it between the fighters?...
  • KYLO REN UNMASKED + SILENCER.

I can not stress this enough.

Early Cantina energy should be spend on Ezra & Hera.

But, as you approach Level 60 you need Kylo MAXED asap.

I would have started farming him at L50 so he's minimum 4* by the time you hit 60 so its a bit late, but regardless, start farming him if you have not & don't stop.

Other than him going strong early I would suggest the 3 bug ships to have a strong early DS fleet & get Zeta challenges open.

Finally you'll need a 5th of some type....... choices are Vader, Boba, TIE Fighter, & FO TIE Fighter.
    Vader & Boba will be slow but both are good early game characters.
    ITF is probably the fastest in terms of character & ship shards but will compete with Kylo for cantina energy.

Of the 4, I wouldn't suggest FO TIE personally while Vader is probably the most useful ship of them.
  • AyyJake wrote: »
    But to start, I would level up Phoenix (without Sabine) to 7* and gear them up well (G10 or G11). That way you can start Thrawn event & work towards the Phoenix characters ships for Thrawns Capital Ship.
    The only Phoenix you need to gear beyond g8 is Ezra. Phoenix are not a strong endgame squad so no point wasting gear there.

Thrawn is a very useful character and if you can beat his event then Palpatine's will be easy.

Chimaera is not that important so no real hurry there.

Rebels are the most resource-intensive fleet around, wirh multi-crew ships and a key ship - Han's Falcon - which requires four other ships to obtain. And the majority of the pilots are not particularly good in squad play.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Thank you all for your answers, but I am left with the same questions, what ships to put my starting xp on? How should I split the starting XP between ships. Should I go for the capital ship, should I split it between the fighters?...

By XP do you mean the ship credits to level them up? You need 1 capital ship and 1-7 starfighters to fight a fleet battle. The capital acts in a supporting role and can't take damage. When all starfighters are destroyed, the battle is over.
  • So, the thing to do with Fleet is to use your GW tokens ENTIRELY for ship purchases.

Go all in on the Geo ships - nothing else until those are 7* or until you only have 1 left so you can't spend 1200 tokens a day. If you end up developing a stash of 5,000 Galactic War Tokens, start spending on the 3 rare ships that you'll find there: Imperial TIE Fighter, Rex's ARC-170, Resistance X-Wing. Since those show up only rarely, you'll probably start accumulating GWTokens again once the geo ships are completely done.

That's fine, but if the tokens in your bank account get past 5k again, you can buy characters until your stash is at or just above 3k.

Zeb is in the GW Store, but I wouldn't even buy your last 5 shards of Zeb until the end of next week. They're going to double the character shard drops then, so instead of buying 5 shards of Zeb, you'll actually get 10 for the same price in GW tokens. Might as well get a small amount of Shard Shop Currency thrown in.

Save up all your Guild Store tokens right now, and as soon as the shard amounts double next week spend it ALL on Sun Fac.

Others have told you to get KRU & the TIE Silencer from the Cantina Battles and that's fine advice, but even better would be to get Geonosian Spy & Geonosian Soldier first, then KRU/TIE Silencer immediately after that. Spy & Soldier are in the first tier or two of Cantina Battles, so you already have the battles unlocked and 3-starred.

Although the Silencer is better than any one Geonosian ship, together the three have a synergy which allows them to outcompete any of the other early fleets you're likely to face.

As your level increases, you're going to want to farm the Hyena Bomber, Bossk, & Jango/Hound's Tooth (they're on the same node) as soon as you can.

Now, you also want to get 5 times 5* dark side ships. Your early purchases in the Fleet Store should all be Vader & his TIE Advanced x1, adding Grievous to the mix if that farm isn't going fast enough.

Your early fleet is going to be whatever you can muster for a couple levels, but as soon as you can get them together, you'll want the three Geonosians as your starters & Vader as (probably) your first reinforcement.

The obvious choice for Fleet Commander is Tarkin, so do try to get him geared up without sacrificing progress on your Geonosians. Until you hit level 74 or so when you have to start dropping Mk5 Stun Guns & Mk5 Fusion Furnaces on people, it will probably be easy enough to keep Phoenix & your Jedi as well geared as as your geonosians, but the time will come when tough choices have to be made. If you choose your fleet early, you can get many extra crystals which allows you to farm characters & gear faster, which means helping everything else.

Now you could try to do the same in Squad Arena, but the truth is that it's simply much harder there. You're better off pushing early resources into fleet & then feeding the rewards from that back into characters than you are trying things the other way round.

Finally, and I say this to everyone, this is an answer to the question you asked, but there are lots of good people here giving you honest advice, and most of it is going to be good advice. So what do you do when two pieces of advice conflict?

The answer is to think about what seems more fun to you. Even the best strategists can't know in advance how many big spenders your shard will have or how much they will spend or what characters & fleets they'll spend on. With low-resources, you can't set yourself up to do everything well. You're going to have to pick carefully, not knowing which strategy is best. Since you can't say that mine is better than the advice that Schwartzring gave you (which is to go after Phoenix as your single highest priority), all you can do is choose the more fun option of two good options.

This game has a LOT of goals. And they take a long time to achieve. If you're going after those goals with the efficiency of an accountant but you're not having any fun, you're going to end up quitting. This is a game, not a job. You're not getting paid. There's no reason to play if you're not having fun.

So I can tell you that the Geonosians assist each other in ways that are fun to see and that they're much easier to gear (because they're one pilot per ship instead of 3) which takes away some of the tedium, but if you're a fan of the SW:Rebels animated series you might really have a lot more fun playing Phoenix even though they're more tedious and difficult to improve. If you really don't like the geonosians for some reason, you're likely to hate the game if you feel forced to play them. If you hate the game, you'll end up quitting, and all that effort you put into the Geo won't even get you that efficient route to power that I hinted at because you couldn't stay on it long enough. That would be a waste.

So always, always, always, when you're not sure what to do & you've gotten what advice you can, always choose the fun.

• Me_and_the_Force
    5 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Thank you all and MasterSeedy in particular.

I am not fond in any way of Phoenix, I didn't like actually the Disney vibe and look of the show. I'm more of a Clone Wars fan, so no attachments to the kid and the blind guy, although the story was nice and it fits well in the universe.

So I'm inclined to go with the path you have set and supported with strong arguments.
    I thought I was preparing for the Fleet Arena... but it seems I am unprepared given the fact that I have to grind new characters from the ground up, and I can't find any of the characters I already have on your list.

fr1ehbddvzgd.jpg

In my understanding, right now it is better not to spend any starting XP droids and shipbuilding mats on what I have other than the Geo ship.

I don't want to make any sudden moves until I wrap my head around ships a bit more, so I would like to spend the minimum possible on ships right now to get me through Fleet Battles. Could you (MasterSeedy) advise me what would you do given my predicament?

Should I spend on the capital ship or on the Geo ship alone? Or better still, where should I put what I have now in terms of resources?

I want to go with your advice, not blindly, but in a reserved way. Hopefully, you get what I mean, and hope you are able to further assist me with this...
  • Spend on the Capital ship first.

The Imperial TIE is worth investing to a level of basic competence - level 85, level7 all abilities, don't g12 or relic the pilot unless you have another use for him.

The Geonosian ship is worth bringing all the way up - level 85, level 8 all abilities, at least level 2 on the reinforcement if not level 3 (but the Geo Soldier ship has a pretty bad reinforcement ability compared to others). G12 the pilot.

The other 2 Geonosian ships are worth bringing all the way up - g12 the pilots, level 85, level 8 abilities, level 3 the reinforcement on spy. At least level 2 the reinforcement on Sun Fac.

Obviously you're a level 60 player, so you can't do all that at once, but the trick here is that level 70 doesn't cost that much compared to your income, so the next 10 levels you should be able to being 1 ship along every week. First there's the Capital ship, which you should be able to get up to max current level (60 or 61) by next weekend.

Then there's the Geo Ship, then the TIE. By then you should have the other Geo ships unlocked (or close).

You'll need a plan for where to farm the characters, but that's not hard.

Cantina Battles (No energy refreshes until shard doubling begins next week):
    1. Geo Soldier => 4*
    2. Geo Spy => 5*
    3. alternate between Soldier & Spy until both are 7*.
    4. TIE Fighter Pilot up to 6*, but then stop.
    NOTE: You'll get free shards from events fast enough to finish him by the time you really need TFP at 7*.

Guild Store (Hold all tokens until shard doubling begins!):
    2. Starting next week after shard doubling: Sun Fac
    3. Clone Sergeant - Phase 1
    4. Rex
    5. Logray

Squad Arena Store (Hold all tokens until shard doubling begins!):
    2. Starting next week after shard doubling: Grand Moff Tarkin

Galactic War Store (Do not hold tokens - ship blueprints will not double):
    1. All three Geonosian ships simultaneously
    2. ARC's 170 & Imperial TIE Simultaneously
    NOTE: You can begin before the Geonosians are done if you have more than 5K GW Tokens, but don't fall below 3k unless it's for a Geonosian Ship

Fleet Store (Do not hold tokens - Grievous & Vader are elite toons, so shards will not double):
    1. Vader & TIE Adv x1 Simultaneously
    2. Grievous (Simultaneously with #1 if you have 2k+ tokens)
    3. Ghost & Phantom II simultaneously (& simultaneous with #1 & #2 if you have over 4k tokens)
    4. Chirrut (Simultaneous with #3 if you have over 4k tokens, but don't start until #1 & #2 are done)

Regular Energy:
    1. General Veers + Extinction Bomber: Light Side Battles: 6-C (Hard)
    NOTE: (Do not farm from LS 4-C or you'll have to farm the ship separately)
    2. Imperial TIE Bomber + Ima-Gun-di: Dark Side Battles: 5-A (Hard)
    3. Vulture droid + IG-86: Light Side Battles: 4-D (Hard)

AT LEVEL 74: Start farming the ship Xanadu Blood (+Droideka who is on the same node) immediately
    AT LEVEL 74: Start farming Jango & the Hound's Tooth Immediately
    AT LEVEL 85: Start farming Bossk immediately (Bossk will be double drops by then, so he'll be farmed twice as fast as the Hound's Tooth, so starting on Hound's Tooth early is still important, even if you can't use it until you have Bossk)

With 5 attempts per day, and 7 days to go up a level (on average) between now & level 75, you have 15 levels * 7 days * 5 attempts / day, so 35 * 15 = 525 attempts between now & level 75.

At a drop rate of 30% (the average is 33%, but we're planning for slightly bad luck so we don't get caught unprepared), that means 157.5 shards of the TIE Bomber & Vulture droid - who require no pilots (and the Extinction bomber, which does) before you're eligible for the zeta mat challenge, which requires 5 star ships, or 145 shards per ship. You won't need the Extinction to be powerful (it will just sit in reinforcements if it's bad) but you might need the pilot - the Sith Marauder - unlocked so you can unlock the Extinction bomber. That probably won't be the case, though. You can use GW Tokens to unlock ALL the ships & you're going to have pilots for some of them, while the Geonosians are going to be the ones all geared up & powerful enough to do the Zeta challenge on their own - you really shouldn't need anyone else if you've done your work on the Geonosians.

So if all goes to plan, you'll have 7* geonosian ships & 7* geonosian pilots long before other people. With Tarkin & the Executrix upgraded constantly, you should have a good shot at competing well in fleet (though people who buy ships & packs might still outcompete you for a bit until you can catch up). You'll also have all 5 x 5* ships you need for Tarkin's Executrix 5* challenge and thus a 5* Executrix (and 8 x 5* ships to go with it) ready for the zeta mat challenge before you're even eligible.

If you do things right, you'll have 40 to 80 zeta mats waiting for you by the time you hit level 82 & then you can drop zeta mats on your toons the moment you level up to be eligible.

• TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    LISTEN to Mr Seedy's advice -- he's a guru here. I would do Geo Soldier simultaneously with 1 & 2 on Fleet store (double check with Seedy)
    Post edited by TheChild_eats_eggs1 on
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Thank you MasterSeedy! You've laid out the general path, now it's up to me to adapt it to my preferences. Thank you again for your extensive input.
  • I have decided to introduce Asoka to my fleet rooster because I have it high level and her ship seems fairly easy to upgrade. It makes a tremendous difference in the lineup I have. I use Tarkin + Asoka + TFP + Geo Soldier andy Jedi Consular ar reinforcement. It allowed me to go up in the leaderboard under 100. I have-not even spent the initial XP. Asoka deals massive damage followed by TFP on call both from Geo Soldier and the Consular.

I have a question: It tempts me to get Bigs, as I have it fairly leveled up, and also because I've read only good things about him on the ship. His ship shows up now and then in the stores. Would it be a mistake to get it at this point?

I am planning to use this lineup temporarily while grinding the Geo lineup.

p3q7y5c8z53k.jpg

• It's not bad to get Biggs, but you want Sun Fac. You have to think about what your priorities are. To get Biggs ship requires spending Galactic War Tokens that you could spend on Sun Fac & Geo Spy. Geo spy is the better tank for you.

I'm not saying don't get Biggs' ship, but I am saying that you should make a plan & stick to it. It really doesn't take long to get Sun Fac in the Guild store, so you're talking about just a few more days without a good tank, if you're saving up Guild Currency like we talked about.

It's much better to have 3-6 strong ships than a bunch of mediocre ships. So I recommend you either plan to prioritize Biggs & push hard to keep him updated (including taking Biggs to 7* after shard rate double) or that you don't even consciously try to farm him yet, not until the 3 Geos are up to level and 7*.

Anyway, it's your choice. Biggs would work, but he doesn't have the synergy to work as well as Sun Fac. The tempting bit is that you've got him today & Sun Fac is a ship you can't have for another week.

I won't tell you how to play, because ultimately the most important thing is to have fun, but if you're trying to better your roster & earn good rewards, there are many long quests that are worth the effort, but there are always distractions, things that have a quicker pay off, even if the payoff is small compared to the payoff of the longer quest. If that's fun, great. chase whatever is easy to get next.

If you're working on the longer goals though, if that's what you really want, you're going to be tempted many, many times to lose focus and you're best off saying no.
  • KYLO REN UNMASKED + SILENCER.

I would have started farming him at L50 so he's minimum 4* by the time you hit 60 so its a bit late, but regardless, start farming him if you have not & don't stop.

Other than him going strong early I would suggest the 3 bug ships to have a strong early DS fleet & get Zeta challenges open.

Finally you'll need a 5th of some type....... choices are Vader, Boba, TIE Fighter, & FO TIE Fighter.
    ITF is probably the fastest in terms of character & ship shards but will compete with Kylo for cantina energy.

Of the 4, I wouldn't suggest FO TIE personally while Vader is probably the most useful ship of them.

All of the first order ships are trash though ngl.... Kylo's ship is only usable for it's stun, but even that stun only works like half the time (a lot of ships tend to just resist it), especially when the enemy fleet has Hound's tooth in play (he gives a lot of tenacity to his allies)
  • Hello everyone, and may the force be with you all!

As I am entering lvl 60 today, I would appreciate any help that keeps me away from costly mistakes and gives me an edge without spending anything else but time on this game. Maybe a bit of money here and there if necessary to show my appreciation and support for the game. But I find the prices kind of steep to be honest, so I want to steer clear of costly mistakes as I said before. This is the 3rd time I have started the game, as there is no other way to properly learn the game. Previously I have reached lvl 72, so anything beyond that is exploration for me. I have read tutorials an stuff of course, but nothing supplants good advice from fellow players with a great deal of experience.

All in all, the advice I am looking for would help to be tailored to my current situation, so I will try to be as thorough as I can with the details.
    A picture makes for 1000 words:

82zvqm680xwk.jpg
    olyv55vih1dg.jpg
    nycilmhaptxy.jpg

The most important decision for me is on what ships and how to split the initial Ship XP, in order to be relevant in Ships Arena right from the start, and also for what capital ship should I go for right now? Tarkin seems the obvious choice for me, but maybe there is something that escapes my line of thought

I have tried to prepare for this moment grooming the Phoenix team, including Sabine, Biggs and also Ashoka for the ship and also because I intend to pair her up with JKA under a Bastila leadership in an all Jedi team.

Thank you in advance to all who care to lend a helping hand.

These are the fleets you want to go for. The starters are bolded, and everything else are reinforcements. These are not the fleets you will be able to achieve until you are much later game, but these are nonetheless what you need to go for.

Home One (Ackbar's capital ship)
    - Han's Millenium Falcon
    - Bistan's U-Wing
    - Hound's Tooth

- Rebel Y-Wing
    - Phantom II
    - Biggs Darklighter's X-Wing
    - Lando's Millenium Falcon

Malevolence (Grievous's capital ship)
    - Vulture Droid
    - Hyena Bomber
    - Sun Fac's Starfighter

- Geonosian Spy's Starfighter
    - Geonosian Soldier's Starfighter
    - Hound's Tooth
    - IG-2000

Negotiator (General Kenobi's capital ship)
    - Anakin's ETA-2 Starfighter
    - Hound's Tooth
    - Rebel Y-Wing

- Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter
    - Rex's ARC-170
    - Umbaran Starfighter
    - Ahsoka Tano's Jedi Starfighter

• crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    KYLO REN UNMASKED + SILENCER.

All of the first order ships are trash though ngl.... Kylo's ship is only usable for it's stun, but even that stun only works like half the time (a lot of ships tend to just resist it), especially when the enemy fleet has Hound's tooth in play (he gives a lot of tenacity to his allies)

I'll point out that's only if HT is a reinforcement.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    KYLO REN UNMASKED + SILENCER.

I'll point out that's only if HT is a reinforcement.

I'll also point out that KRU and Silencer are available MUCH earlier than HT and can be quite a force early. Yes, it will become less than stellar later on, but it can still be useful in GAC, TW etc. as can KRU. Worth getting when you can. How you prioritize it if also farming Phoenix is each individual player's call.
  • Thank you all for your answers, but I am left with the same questions, what ships to put my starting xp on? How should I split the starting XP between ships. Should I go for the capital ship, should I split it between the fighters?...

The main thing to keep in mind starting out in my opinion is to focus on good ships that don't cost a lot of resources and or have pilots that you will gear anyway.

Also, you won't be at the top right away unless you spend. The hyperdrive bundle ensures that. You just don't have the resources. But just focus your resources on the ships you are using it intend to use soon first and you'll be fine.

Some good ships to start with, Tarkin, geos, and tf. As you star up tarkin you can add more. I like anakin's ship, Vader's ship, and houndstooth as options to add.

Houndstooth is a must once you can farm bossk but you can't farm him until level 85. Vader's ship takes awhile to get but you'll likely have him geared up anyway so it's a great addition or replacement at a later time. You can farm anakin and his ship fairly early but they are hard node farms so it does take time.

I currently run tarkin, geos, houndstooth, TV, and anakin on my alt and can get top 50 pretty easily. Still need more gear to break the top 20.

I would also only gear Phoenix to the point you need for thrawn. I did it with gear 7 and 8 mostly and gear 9 on ezra. For their ships to really work you need g10 or g11 min. That's a lot of extra gear for two ships.

Also getting thrawn's ship is far less important than it used to be. Tarkin will do fine until you can farm either negotiator or malevolence from the get store. Gearing up 6 characters to get a ship that isn't meta is a bit of a waste in my opinion. Especially when you can now farm rebel y wing and gear no one for one of the ships.

You will eventually get thrawn's ship but there's no hurry.
  • It's not bad to get Biggs, but you want Sun Fac. You have to think about what your priorities are. To get Biggs ship requires spending Galactic War Tokens that you could spend on Sun Fac & Geo Spy. Geo spy is the better tank for you.

I'm not saying don't get Biggs' ship, but I am saying that you should make a plan & stick to it. It really doesn't take long to get Sun Fac in the Guild store, so you're talking about just a few more days without a good tank, if you're saving up Guild Currency like we talked about.

It's much better to have 3-6 strong ships than a bunch of mediocre ships. So I recommend you either plan to prioritize Biggs & push hard to keep him updated (including taking Biggs to 7* after shard rate double) or that you don't even consciously try to farm him yet, not until the 3 Geos are up to level and 7*.

Anyway, it's your choice. Biggs would work, but he doesn't have the synergy to work as well as Sun Fac. The tempting bit is that you've got him today & Sun Fac is a ship you can't have for another week.

I won't tell you how to play, because ultimately the most important thing is to have fun, but if you're trying to better your roster & earn good rewards, there are many long quests that are worth the effort, but there are always distractions, things that have a quicker pay off, even if the payoff is small compared to the payoff of the longer quest. If that's fun, great. chase whatever is easy to get next.

If you're working on the longer goals though, if that's what you really want, you're going to be tempted many, many times to lose focus and you're best off saying no.

This is really good advice. With today's unveiling of double drops, everything makes more sense. Thank you again, you've helped me a lot. May the force be with you! :-)
  • There's never been a better time to catch up in this game, but don't forget to prioritize characters and ships you're personally excited about ;)
  • All of the first order ships are trash though ngl.... Kylo's ship is only usable for it's stun, but even that stun only works like half the time (a lot of ships tend to just resist it), especially when the enemy fleet has Hound's tooth in play (he gives a lot of tenacity to his allies)

I never said to get a FO fleet.

I said, to farm KRU + Silencer, then add bugs.

Because KRU is the Ship & the Pilot in the same node for only 10 energy & requires no secondary farm.

Its also the ONLY ship I can think of where you can have it at 4-7* already at L59 before you even start fleet.

Rolling into Fleet on Day 1 with a a 4* Pilot+Ship combo is likely to trash everything out there.

Why would a L60 fleet even have HT when HT isn't an option at L60 yet locked behind a Tier 8/9 node?

The key here is getting a DS fleet up & running early to unlock Zeta Mats & take early game fleet wins.

Kylo is a big help with that.