Poe very nearly died in VII

Replies

• Nobody in SW actually dies tho. Like probs not even Han solo is dead.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |

Stormtroopers die. Screaming.
    I am Darth Spartacus

Stormtroopers die. Screaming.

Wilhelm screaming.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • I would vote for General Hux killing him after that turing test fiasco Poe put him through(will anyone get the reference?).
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/
  • Wow - is this really true?

Oscar Isaac: I die too often! Let me live!

Abrams: OK.

Fantastic script writing process there. However they try and explain Poe's comeback in future films, it won't detract from how disappointing a plot hole it was in this.

Also, I love the snide second comment on the link:

'“You’ve probably seen Star Wars: The Force Awakens a few times”

Does this count all the times I watched it when it was called A New Hope?'
  • Tenchi1969 wrote: »
    I would vote for General Hux killing him after that turing test fiasco Poe put him through(will anyone get the reference?).

I saw that movie too.

IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Nobody in SW actually dies tho. Like probs not even Han solo is dead.

Solo's lucky, but I'm not sure he's "survive a lightsaber through the heart, fall into an abyss which turns into a star" lucky.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »
    Nobody in SW actually dies tho. Like probs not even Han solo is dead.

Solo's lucky, but I'm not sure he's "survive a lightsaber through the heart, fall into an abyss which turns into a star" lucky.

You don't actually see where he's stabbed, other than in the torso somewhere. JJ Abrams and club are famous for "killing" characters and then bringing them back somehow. Harrison Ford has hinted at returning as well. While this very well may only be in the form of flashbacks to tell the backstory of Kylo, there are implications that he's not dead.
  • Harrison Ford wanted Solo to die in the OT, and it his death was written into both Empire and Jedi in early drafts. He was kinda sorta killed off in Empire with the Carbonite treatment, which was a potential "out" for the character in Jedi. But, they rescued him in Jedi, and the character was then supposed to have been killed during the Battle of (what eventually became) Endor. He was supposed to die in the raid on the shield generator, given early Ep VI drafts. But, changes were made, Ford rolled with it and the OT had a nice, happy, muppet filled ending.

Ford wanted him dead, Lucas wasn't willing to do it, Abrams apparently was. But, new trilogy, makes sense to limit and kill off a lot of the OT characters, to make more room for new characters. Which is why Leia didn't have a huge role, Luke didn't have a huge role, even Artoo and Threepio had limited roles. Zero sign of Lando at all!

We'll see, but I will have to call **** if Han Solo makes any sort of return in VIII and IX.
  • Max Von Sydow is a respected actor and he had a minimal role in the film. It's not a stretch to find out that Oscar Isaac would have a similar short lived role as originally planned by Abrams. After all, Disney is also doing spin-offs and there's a possibility that they would do a movie that would fill in the gaps between Episode 6 and Episode 7.

But I'm glad they're keeping Poe for Episode 8 and hopefully through Episode 9.

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Old_13en wrote: »
    Harrison Ford wanted Solo to die in the OT, and it his death was written into both Empire and Jedi in early drafts. He was kinda sorta killed off in Empire with the Carbonite treatment, which was a potential "out" for the character in Jedi. But, they rescued him in Jedi, and the character was then supposed to have been killed during the Battle of (what eventually became) Endor. He was supposed to die in the raid on the shield generator, given early Ep VI drafts. But, changes were made, Ford rolled with it and the OT had a nice, happy, muppet filled ending.

Ford wanted him dead, Lucas wasn't willing to do it, Abrams apparently was. But, new trilogy, makes sense to limit and kill off a lot of the OT characters, to make more room for new characters. Which is why Leia didn't have a huge role, Luke didn't have a huge role, even Artoo and Threepio had limited roles. Zero sign of Lando at all!

We'll see, but I will have to call **** if Han Solo makes any sort of return in VIII and IX.

Disney has already stated on numerous occasions that the new trilogy is about Luke Skywalker and the Skywalker family; that it would revolve around the original three characters.

Word on the street is that one of the major contributing factors for Leia and Luke playing a minor role in TFA is because they're both horribly out of shape and not capable of participating in the action scenes they have planned. As a result, we got what we did while they continue go through whatever fitness program they have going for them.
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Ummm..

leia-what-1438796540.gif
  • The only thing Star Wars kills is the actors' careers.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    I think Luke is killed off early because Hamel can't act.
  • Greg1920 wrote: »

That's a little bit harsh, he delivered his lines perfectly in The Force Awakens.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Greg1920 wrote: »

What movies have you been in?
  • Whoa..don't be hating on Hamill.."Corvette Summer" was not Oscar worthy, but mad respect for "Empire Strikes Back." Ease up there, Stallion
    *Ninth* time. That business on Cato Neimodia doesn't- doesn't count.
  • Hamill can still do action scenes, just look at Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back

Also, am I the only one who didn't like Poe as a YEEEHAAAAW pilot?
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Greg1920 wrote: »

Or because he's let himself go and his voice sounds super evil from playing villains.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

• Greg1920 wrote: »

There is no other Joker... Jus' sayin'
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -