Need Help With My Team Please

KeyMan64x
794 posts Member
edited March 2016
This is some interim help that I need as I am fairly sure of my ultimate goal with characters months from now. I have been beat up a bit in ARENA for the last 36 hours.

HAVE:
Geonosian Soldier 7* Power 6100 Gear IX Lvl70
Darth Sidious(L) 7* Power 5535 Max Gear VIII Lvl70
Dathcha 7* Power 5481 Gear VIII Lvl70 (probably the primary point of weakness)
Qui-Gon Jinn 6* Power 5256 Max Gear VIII Lvl70
Savage Opress 6* will be 7* on Friday, Power 5110 will be 5542 Max Gear VIII Lvl70

Jedi Consular 5* Power 4523 Max Gear VIII Lvl70 (I just pulled him in favor of Savage Opress)
Jawa 4* Power 4262 Gear VIII Lvl70 (farming shards in case there is ever a Jawa Engineer)
Chewbacca 5* Power 4053 Gear VII Lvl65
Talia 4* Power 3849 Gear VIII Lvl63
Luminara Unduli 4* will be 5* on Tuesday... Power 3685 Gear VII Lvl70
Ahsoka Tano 4* will be 5* on Tuesday... Power 3437 Gear VII Lvl64
Royal Guard 3* will be 4* in 2 weeks? Power 3124 Gear VII Lvl59

IG-86 3* Lvl 1
Darth Vader 4* Lvl 1

I need a path for a solid temporary fix that I can implement within days possibly while working with what I have, if possible. Can Royal Guard replace Dathcha now or wait until 4*? Put Lumi in when she gets to 5* on Tuesday so I have a healer again? Put Chewie back to work? What do the experienced folk say? I started the first week of January and am currently ranked 83. Three days ago I finished at 21 though and have been as high as 12 during the day before. I have to stop this free fall of the last 36 hours. Taking out JC and putting in Savage Opress did not fix my problem but in the last 24 hours or so I have taken him from a power of 4599 to 5110 which is good and on Friday he will be 5542 which is even better. How viable is he though?

I think my long term goal might be Poggle(L), GS, IG-86, Resistance Pilot and Royal Guard.
But that is months away.

So, what do you say about my temporary situation?
Thank you!
Post edited by KeyMan64x on

Replies

• Please. :smile:
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    @KeyMan64x

Your problem is that you have two really good characters, and the rest are all under starred.

I would most definitely run QGJ (L), GS, Sid, Savage, RG from that lineup.

You might swap Savage for Datcha for more damage, but I would still keep RG in there just for the taunt at 50%. That's the only way I could see you getting enough time to kill someone before RG dies and you get focused.
  • @Toukai

Thanks! I have been running Darth Sidious for lead. Can you explain what the difference might be when I use QGJ as lead? I thought that was only good if I had other Jedi. Darth Sidious always goes first because of his speed. At least that is how I think it works.

So, level up RG to 70 and gear him up to VIII and that will be better than having Dathcha. I can try that.

Any secondary approach? What toon that is under starred/geared get the most focus so that I can move them into the lineup and who would they replace?

Thanks for your help!
  • I would sub RG or datcha asap. 3* RG full gear will give your other toons more turns. Experiment with QGJ as your leader also. Speed up his turn.
  • Thanks @wisenuts

I will have a million credits reserved for Savage Opress tomorrow in order for him to go to 7*.
    Then I need 1.4 million credits to get RG from Lvl 59 to Lvl 70 so that will take a few days, maybe close to a week? In the meantime I will focus my farming on RG to get his gear maxed from his current VII. So he might have POWER close to 4000 when this is done in a week...not sure but that's a pretty close guess I think. I will also make sure I focus my Ability Mats allocation on him. Right now everything for him is a 3 but that will be easy to get everything to at least 5+ in a week. I have 11/30 shards so in about 2 weeks, give or take a few days, he will be 4* which should help.

I am still confused on who to use as lead and why.
    Darth Sidious' Leader Ability (Unlimited Power)- All allies gain 13% Critical Chance and 20% Critical Damage.
    Does this happen even if he is not the leader? If he is not the leader, does it at least happen for him?

Qui-Gon Jinn's Leader Ability (Agility Training) - Jedi Allies gain 23 speed.
    Since I have no Jedi Allies, does it just apply to him or does it even apply to him?...I guess getting more turns for him would be a good thing but it does not look like he will help anyone else on my team. Him going more often and being able to call for an assist more often is a good thing. I see that!

Thanks for your help, everyone!
  • If you check top 10 or 20 players of your server, you will find 7* luminara is in 90% of team....
  • lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    hmm weird toons to prioritize.

I don't have datcha so can't speak for it; however from the little I have seen when I borrowed as ally I was never impressed and thus never considered grinding that toon

I have Savage and honestly don't think he is worth the effort. He is good but not good enough imo. I only use him for my bench/suicide squad in GW. tbh I prefer Eeth from arena over Savage. I find a stun more valuable than anything savage has to offer, + I need him for next Yoda challenge

unfortunately I don't see any quick fix for you. If you are unhappy with current roster you could try a 3*RG, but not sure if it's a benefit compared to Datcha 7*. RG3* is pretty weak tbh. he is burned down quickly - I burn him daily

also as Wisenuts suggested put QGJ as leader. in the long term level Lumi and Asoka. (lumi is easy farm w/ GW, Asoka is another story, but worth it in the end)

ideally in the end you will have
    - QGJ (L)
    - Sid
    - GS
    - Lumi
    - Asoka

this team should be fairly competitive in arena . should be good enough for a top 100 or top 50 depending on your server ofc

my 2 cents
  • @Aim777
    Yes, she is very popular as an attacker and healer. I am currently building her for three reasons: The one you mentioned, to help me through Galactic War and to get 5 Jedi at 5* minimum so that I can one day get Yoda if they ever bring that event back. So, she is definitely part of my longer term plan but right now she is only 4* with 35/65...getting 5 more each day. :smile:
  • Your best & fast to grind team should be all 7*: GS, Darth sid, QGJ, lumi,savage oppress. Since you lack of stunner, it's hard for you to hold your rank though based on how current AI defend for you....
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    @KeyMan64x

Sorry for the late reply, but, hopefully this helps:
    Of your team, GS is the heaviest hitter and extremely fast. I would say he is mandatory based on who you have.

QGJ as leader will make him go first every single time. The only person faster would be another QGJ lead with yoda. This gives you several advantages:
    1. For Dooku lead teams with a sideous, you can humbling blow Sid for an almost guarenteed turn 1 offense up for your entire team. Its basically a first turn poggle.
    2. You can assist call and almost kill someone, followed by GS who will confirm the kill. It's 4 attacks usually before anyone else gets to go (except sid/dooku but sid will almost always AoE when controled by the AI and Dooku still goes after QGJ so his stun doesnt matter if it lands on QGJ).

You can replace Sid as leader if you feel like it, but you have a lot more options with QGJ going first than Sid. Your turn devolves into:
    Their QGJ(L), Their yoda, their dooku, their Sid/your sid on a coinflip, your QGJ.

Datcha does more dps than Savage, but he is weak in hp. Meanwhile, Savage has high hp but is completely ignorable as his damage is terrible when under A.I. control. These are really the only two I could say you can swap out for eachother without any real issues.

Sid is just good in general, even though he is a bit weak on the HP side. You can replace him when you get better heroes.

Everyone else you have is far under starred. Even RG at 3* isnt considered PVP ready, but from your team I would still add him because so long as he can taunt when a hero drops below 50%, you are guaranteeing they dont get focused and hopefully giving them another turn to put someone down.

RG is currently the best tank in the game and until the meta shifts I doubt we will see less of him. Based on the fortitude changes, the only other tank who could be arguably better after the patch would be ST Han.

JC, Jawa, Talia, Ahsoka, all the others have no HP at their current start level and will most likely be one shot.

That is why I recommened QGJ(L), Sid(might be lead, but i prefer QGJ), GS, RG, Savage(Swap for Datcha if you want).
  • Awesome explanation, thank you @Toukai :)
    I will make QGJ lead and ready Royal Guard to replace Dathcha or Savage Opress within a week and will experiment with that part but am leaning towards pulling Dathcha for now. I have never seen anyone else use Dathcha in the Top 100 on my server. I guess there might be a reason or two for that. Lol!
    After Ahsoka Tano reaches 5* on Tuesday (for a hopeful Yoda event return), I will go back to focus on getting QGJ to 7*. That will take 20 days. Doh! I will continue building Lumi to 7* and then will likely focus the Galactic War Shipments on Resistance Pilot followed by Poggle and then IG-86. I should be okay in a year or so. :smiley:

Thanks again, everyone!
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    I am a F2P myself, i only have about 8-10 heroes at 7* g8 lvl 70. Everyone else is sitting at 2-5*, g5, lvl 50.

When the meta shifts, I can hopefully power grind them to lvl 80 (when it comes) and gear them up. Only thing that would take awile is the *'s. Such is life as a F2P
  • @Toukai @lunarwolf @wisenuts @Aim777

Okay, I just tried QGJ as lead. With this scenario, my best attacker (Geonosian Soldier) goes 3rd instead of 2nd. If I am up against a good team, there is a small chance that he can be killed before he even gets a chance to go. I did not like that at all. With Darth Sidious going first, he can weaken someone a little or do an AoE and then I have a guaranteed kill with GS + Call for Assist. Then of course he goes again sooner. I would rather have GS alive and attacking than QGJ. Wouldn't you?

But, if I face a speed team, I might want to use QGJ as lead so I have a better shot at going first. Is that correct? The team with the fastest lead goes first? If they are tied then it is left to a programming coin flip. Is that correct?
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    @KeyMan64x

Who did you face? Your QGJ should go first which is a QGJ + Assist, fillers are dooku/sid, then GS.

Having Sid as leader will make GS go before your QGJ, so you would end up doing roughly the same or less.

Anyways, the way it works is whoever has the highest speed goes first. If there is a tie, then there is a virtual coin flip. That is correct.

Dooku/Sid are both faster than GS. The events you describe sound like it was a coin-flip sid or dooku that went first.

*Edit*

Your QGJ + assist goes
    Their Dooku or coinflip sid goes.
    Your sid goes
    your GS goes. + assist

How is that worse than below? By all accounts, the same events happen but you get the lead on speed.
    Their Dooku goes
    Their coinflip sid goes
    your sid goes
    your gs goes + assist
    qgj + assist
  • @Toukai
    I won and I did go first with QGJ(L) but he called a weaker assist and did not kill the player I wanted. I had to wait for GS to go before I killed someone. I just did not like GS going 3rd and no he did not get killed off in this case. Maybe it is just something for me to play with more and get used to?
  • SID AOE is going to be a liability when it comes to defense. You'll end up against a Dooku lead and give half their team offense up.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    @KeyMan64x

Play to the style you like, but if he called a weak assist then that is just RNG. You may not guarantee a kill from QGJ unless it is on a weaker Hp person such as Rey, FOTP. Still, getting them in yellow or red is more than enough to confirm it with GS.

Personally, I would prefer to get the first turn rather than let an enemy Dooku/Sid go first before I even get a chance to move. A single dooku lightning to QGJ (if he isnt lead) means your QGJ assist is now completely worthless for a whole turn, if he even gets to survive till his next turn.

When I fight non QGJ leads, I literally get a free kill. I open with Dooku stun into a GS + assist and QGJ is dead. If QGJ was lead, he would at least get his turn before he dies.
  • having QGJ lead doesn't slow down your GS, he just isn't as fast as jedi with speed buff, so ofc he will drop in the order of who attacks first.

in the end you got a bad assist and it was nothing to do with QGJ as leader

having QGJ as leader only ensures you will have more turns on your side and that is win win in my book. a bad assist or a dodge are not a result of QGJ lead, it's just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

my 2 cents, but ofc you are free to disagree and play the way you prefer. just trying to be helpful

anyway it's good that you at least tested and if this is your conclusion then so be it

may the force be with you ;)
  • @wisenuts @Toukai @lunarwolf

All three of you just made very good points, thank you!

Hmmm, okay. I just played again. I went against a team with Yoda and QGJ.
    Yoda went then I went with QGJ, attacking his QGJ. With a wimpy hit from QGJ and a wimpy assist I got his QGJ to half health. His QGJ+Assist went attacking my GS. I went with Darth Sid and still did not kill his QGJ. Then I finally went with GS who finished off his QGJ using a single normal attack. They then killed my GS. I then killed his Yoda...and everyone else from there and won. And yes, my QGJ got to go twice at least while calling an assist and never died. BUT I would rather GS do that because he is so much stronger and it would not take me attacking with 3 toons to kill someone, only 2. Mixed bag of tricks maybe? Maybe for defense it is better to have my QGJ as lead when people are attacking me in the game and that might be the ultimate point here?! Plus the unlucky RNG. And if I face Dooku etc...always better to go first. Thanks so much, everyone!
  • If you had RG in there he would have taunted and likely saved your GS for one more turn.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    @KeyMan64x
    Yea, its always better to go first. You played how you should have. You also set the bar in that fight as well because you were as fast as his QGJ. If you had not had him in lead, his Yoda and QGJ would have gone before you, followed by your sid, then coinflip GS. Thats possibly 3 attacks for your 1 if you did not have QGJ as lead. Very bad IMO.

and @wisenuts is correct about RG, but RG is a hard node farm only so unless you pull him from Bronzium's you would have to focus him every day.

I would wait until the meta shifts before going for him. With fortitude becoming a thing, ST Han is theorycrafted to be better because now that everyone gets a turn and cant be one shot, ST Han will allow insane turn meter gains. I still think RG will be viable, but I think he will drop to #2 on the tank top tier list.
  • @wisenuts

Next week, I will have fully geared and full weapon 3* RG helping out for sure. :smiley:
  • @Toukai

I am doing the hard free farm of RG every day which results in only 1 or 2 shards a day. It is painful. He should be 4* in about 2 weeks. It should be worth it, I think/hope.
  • lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Toukai wrote: »
    @KeyMan64x
    I would wait until the meta shifts before going for him. With fortitude becoming a thing, ST Han is theorycrafted to be better because now that everyone gets a turn and cant be one shot, ST Han will allow insane turn meter gains. I still think RG will be viable, but I think he will drop to #2 on the tank top tier list.

I hope you are right, I have ST han halfway to six stars. tbh I use him as my bench squad in GW and tank challenge - quite handy to delay Mace attacks. his dps seems to be the best of my tanks: however it seems to be very volatile in terms of dps fluctuation, but never as bad as RG, JKG or Magnaguard

at least a bad decision I made early on farming him first before discovering Sid was a better choice may pay off in the end.

live and learn I guess

• @Toukai
    As far as tanks go, from what I have read, I really like the idea of FIVES since he can call for an assist, will have an 85% chance to counter and can inflict speed down for 2 turns. Granted, he can't taunt or heal himself/recover health though. I do not have him but I certainly think about going after him one day. He might be in my top 5-8 to go after. What do you think?
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    @KeyMan64x
    5s is really only good on a buff/tank team or a clone team. He is mostly ignorable with weak damage. Put him with Poggle and he becomes pretty good though.

I agree you have more to focus instead of 5s, but if you like him definitely go after him. Since I am F2P i farmed meta champs specifically to keep decent rating in pvp and then good champs in GW so I can complete it daily. once you have both of those, go for whoever you want.

I hold top #50-100 regularly and i pass GW every day, so I am farming heroes I want now instead of the shifting meta.

Working on my Jedi team for the next Yoda event, then I am going to switch to a full First Order team.

Right now my 7* lvl 70 g8's are:
    GS
    Dooku
    Phasma
    IG88
    Sid
    Lumi
    Koth
    IG86

JC is on the way to being 7* himself, but he is lvl 70 g8

Currently working on finishing JC/Bariss/Ahsoka

Hard noding Rey every morning though. She is supposed to be the fastest char in the game at lvl 80. Giving her fortitude to let her live to her turn will make her infinitely better too.
  • @Toukai
    I hear ya! The slow struggle is real. :smile:
    I am trying to put together 5 5* Jedi so I can unlock Yoda next time.
    I will have 4 at 5* or better on Tuesday. Tomorrow when I finish 7* Savage Opress in Arena farming, I will go after Eeth Koth for my 5th...with an easy to farm Eeth Koth...getting 10 shards per day. So it will take 15 days to get him from zero to 5*.

After simply unlocking yoda, I am not sure if I will continue to build the Jedis to 7* (besides Lumi and QGJ) or if I will turn to more of a pure focus on my Arena team.

The highest I have finished is 21. Right now I am 52 with 1 battle left. I did something without thinking earlier and wasted (lost) a battle. So it will be pure luck if I finish in the top 50 today. Last week I finished in the top 50 all week. The last 2-3 of days have been harder.