• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited November 2020
    Waqui wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    jpeng wrote: »
    it would be nice to have a sliding scale for cost of raids, i’m currently in a 5 man guild and don’t want to be in anything more what is frustrating is that we can complete pit, tank and sith raid but it takes forever to save tickets. it would be nice to have a sliding scale for ticket cost so we could set it to 5 or even 10 participants only and launch just as often as the larger guilds. so 5 players could launch a pit raid 6000 tickets instead of of 60,000 tickets and only be able to have a couple of raids a months. it would also help with getting those character shards that are only available in the guild store not to mention the gear crunch. note:- not asking for better rewards for those 5 players just to be able to raid as frequently as larger guilds. thanks for reading.

Also such a feature could be abused. Imagine having ticket alts in your guild to help generate tickets and then kicking the alts just before launching the raid for 6k tickets.

I dont support catering to 5 man guilds, but I do really wish they would adjust the ticket system so that a full 50/50 every day is not required to get max tickets. Maybe allow each person to earn 625 tickets instead of 600, with a guild cap at 30k still? Or give out a percentage of 30k equal to the percentage of the max tickets your guild earned for the day? You'd probably need a minimum number of players to qualify for the last 1 so you don't have 1 man ticket farming guilds.

Why 625? Why not 750? Or 1000?

Yes, I understand that with a limit of 625 you enable guilds with only 48 members to generate 30.000 tickets daily, but what about guilds with only 40 or 30 members?

Alternatively, guilds with 48 members (or who miss out on 1200 tickets daily for some other reason) could just accept that they are only able to launch 24 raids for every 25 raids a guild with perfect ticket generation launches.

They would also keep some limit. Allowing for 10% seems reasonable, if they were going to do it. If they were to do it, I dont seem them allowing for 10 or more to not be present or pulling in almost all the tickets required.

So, Bulldog suggested 625, you suggest allowing for 10% (do you mean 45 members / 667 daily tickets each?). Any reason why 10% (or 45 members)?

I meant 45 members. Just a general thought, as it keeps the guild "full", but seems like a reasonable allowance for vacations and short breaks. It also takes some stress off recruiters.

This would also have some effect on ticket alts, which is probably one of the key reasons they will never do this. Alt accounts look like "active players" from a metrics stand point.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    jpeng wrote: »
    it would be nice to have a sliding scale for cost of raids, i’m currently in a 5 man guild and don’t want to be in anything more what is frustrating is that we can complete pit, tank and sith raid but it takes forever to save tickets. it would be nice to have a sliding scale for ticket cost so we could set it to 5 or even 10 participants only and launch just as often as the larger guilds. so 5 players could launch a pit raid 6000 tickets instead of of 60,000 tickets and only be able to have a couple of raids a months. it would also help with getting those character shards that are only available in the guild store not to mention the gear crunch. note:- not asking for better rewards for those 5 players just to be able to raid as frequently as larger guilds. thanks for reading.

Also such a feature could be abused. Imagine having ticket alts in your guild to help generate tickets and then kicking the alts just before launching the raid for 6k tickets.

I dont support catering to 5 man guilds, but I do really wish they would adjust the ticket system so that a full 50/50 every day is not required to get max tickets. Maybe allow each person to earn 625 tickets instead of 600, with a guild cap at 30k still? Or give out a percentage of 30k equal to the percentage of the max tickets your guild earned for the day? You'd probably need a minimum number of players to qualify for the last 1 so you don't have 1 man ticket farming guilds.

Why 625? Why not 750? Or 1000?

Yes, I understand that with a limit of 625 you enable guilds with only 48 members to generate 30.000 tickets daily, but what about guilds with only 40 or 30 members?

Alternatively, guilds with 48 members (or who miss out on 1200 tickets daily for some other reason) could just accept that they are only able to launch 24 raids for every 25 raids a guild with perfect ticket generation launches.

They would also keep some limit. Allowing for 10% seems reasonable, if they were going to do it. If they were to do it, I dont seem them allowing for 10 or more to not be present or pulling in almost all the tickets required.

So, Bulldog suggested 625, you suggest allowing for 10% (do you mean 45 members / 667 daily tickets each?). Any reason why 10% (or 45 members)?

I meant 45 members. Just a general thought, as it keeps the guild "full", but seems like a reasonable allowance for vacations and short breaks. It also takes some stress off recruiters.

This would also have some effect on ticket alts, which is probably one of the key reasons they will never do this. Alt accounts look like "active players" from anmetrics stand point.

That's because alt accounts are active accounts. Some are played more seriously than others though.