GAC issues

Dramgon
86 posts Member
edited November 2020
Short answer is no, as long as the whales are giving them money they're winning.

Let the trolling begin.

I keep wanting this game to improve so I can enjoy it like I used to a year ago, but with the GL's the fun is being **** out of this game. I realize I don't have the roster or patience to win Grand Arena, but 3vs3 is so broken with GL's. Why are we doing this game mode still. Please take it out of the rotation.

Rey, Chewie & Han is basically unbeatable. I just saved my best teams to try and beat it, and am 0 - 6. and I think after the 2nd or 3rd try I died so fast that I couldn't reset it, and they went first. For the last 3 or 4 tries they would nuke at least 1 player dead before I even got a turn.

I feel like the only people that enjoy GA are those that consistently get 1st.

The only reason I do it is for the materials, if there were no rewards for GA I would not enter it anymore.
Plenty of ways to fix this and dozens upon dozen of chats similar to this one, but EA doesn't care - my 2 cents.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• I understand your frustration. But while I agree that GLs in 3v3 are a little bit too strong, there's 2 major flaws in your post.

1. If you don't have a GL by now, that's on you.
    2. You can still win games without having a GL despite your opponent having one. Just need to be more strategic.

It's easy to blame someone else for these things, but it's not EA's fault that you can't beat a GL or don't own one. And if you keep facing GL while having none of your own, then you need to review your roster and come up with solutions. No one is going to serve you wins on a silver platter. Work hard, work smart.
  • EA doesn't care and doesn't develop this game either.
  • Dramgon wrote: »
    Short answer is no, as long as the whales are giving them money they're winning.
    Can you elaborate on how having a GL is a whale privilege at this point?
  • Dramgon wrote: »
    Can you elaborate on how having a GL is a whale privilege at this point?

Agreed, allow me to expand on this thought to answer to OP.

It's not a whale vs non-whale situation. You're matched in GAC with people that used about the same resources to gear up their top 80 characters, whatever the sources of these resources were, money or time. If you're matched against a GL, it means you had the resources to unlock a GL.

If you don't have a GL and are matched against a GL without possibility to win, it doesn't mean they spent more money than you, it means you made choices in roster development that prevented you to unlock a GL or gear up GL counters. Those are not necessarely bad choices for every aspect of the game, but for GAC, yes.