Solicitation for Topics of Interest

Replies

  • Iy4oy4s
    2427 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Fatal wrote: »
    I'd love to see some sort of rapid fire on-demand GAC mode. Some place to just play GAC any time of day if we're in the mood. Something like a constantly repeating loop of 30 minute join, 30 minute defense, 1 hour offense, constantly running.

    That would be interesting. It would probably have to have no rewards associated, but could still be a great addition for killing time when you have it.

    They could just make it a sandbox mode...

    8hqz85m1w7pi.jpg

    About spit out my drink Kyno…that’s funny. Would be cool though.
  • StarSon
    5201 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Fatal wrote: »
    I'd love to see some sort of rapid fire on-demand GAC mode. Some place to just play GAC any time of day if we're in the mood. Something like a constantly repeating loop of 30 minute join, 30 minute defense, 1 hour offense, constantly running.

    Or literally any place to practice 3v3, for that matter.

    How about a place to practice the KAM mission, since they made the hardest mission in the game with several dozen different possible paths to defeat and put it in a mode that only happens once a month?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Fatal wrote: »
    I'd love to see some sort of rapid fire on-demand GAC mode. Some place to just play GAC any time of day if we're in the mood. Something like a constantly repeating loop of 30 minute join, 30 minute defense, 1 hour offense, constantly running.

    That would be interesting. It would probably have to have no rewards associated, but could still be a great addition for killing time when you have it.

    They could just make it a sandbox mode...

    8hqz85m1w7pi.jpg

    We don't do that here, YET.
  • Ultra
    7898 posts Moderator
    edited July 7
    i always liked the idea of setting a defense squad:

    p9mnoflkkrnd.png

    a fourth column that has a squad that displays a team you set for defense (just like the arena rank column) but anyone (or any ally?) can attack that team whenever they feel like it

    Below the squad there will be a set defense button if its your own profile or attack button if you are viewing someone elses
  • Ultra wrote: »
    i always liked the idea of setting a defense squad:

    p9mnoflkkrnd.png

    a fourth column that has a squad that displays a team you set for defense (just like the arena rank column) but anyone (or any ally?) can attack that team whenever they feel like it

    Below the squad there will be a set defense button if its your own profile or attack button if you are viewing someone elses

    That would be okay, but what would be better is to be able to practice special missions like KAM or Wat, and many others that give players a hard time.
  • zatho
    75 posts Member
    I would love to see how many attacks my team resisted in Arena and how many times it got defeated. This counter could reset every time you make a fight. Would really be interesting to know, how often you're getting attacked.
  • Stryde
    134 posts Member
    How cool would it be to remove "floating" data points? Like, say, I wanted to review an opponent's entire squad's stats in a Territory War to determine the best counter, and instead of having to back out from each character and then scroll to find the exact team again (funny names though! ha ha!) and long-press the next character, each squad stayed put and was listed in ascending or descending GP order? Like always. A consistent order.

    Pretty cool, huh?

  • I'd like to know why we continue to get duplicates of characters that are in the game already instead of some fab favorites that haven't seen even a single outing in the game!
    Characters such as Hondo Onaka, Beckett, Zuckuss and 4-LOM, or Salacious B Crumb.
    I could go on and on here but I'll stop now because I think you get the idea! I mean 5 Hans and no Hondo is probably a crime somewhere (it better be).

    Zuckuss! That's who I was thinking about recently. My brother and I almost had the full collection after ESB. We had him.

    I could do without some character/ship copies, but one copy I really don't understand why is missing is Red #5. A whole arcade game was made about is LEGENDARY flight.
  • Nauros
    4440 posts Member
    Gushazan wrote: »
    I'd like to know why we continue to get duplicates of characters that are in the game already instead of some fab favorites that haven't seen even a single outing in the game!
    Characters such as Hondo Onaka, Beckett, Zuckuss and 4-LOM, or Salacious B Crumb.
    I could go on and on here but I'll stop now because I think you get the idea! I mean 5 Hans and no Hondo is probably a crime somewhere (it better be).

    Zuckuss! That's who I was thinking about recently. My brother and I almost had the full collection after ESB. We had him.

    I could do without some character/ship copies, but one copy I really don't understand why is missing is Red #5. A whole arcade game was made about is LEGENDARY flight.

    They are probably keeping Red 5 for something special, and for that they need to sort out ships in general first. There was the "shipload" tease in the Road Ahead, but it seems to be just one more thing left in the dust...
  • Xcien
    1500 posts Member
    I’d like to be able to save fleets for my ships, since we can do that for characters already.
    "Thank you for evaluating."
  • I would love to see the addition of 5-10 more TW reward brackets.
    The current structure incentivizes some of top 100 guilds to sandbag, making for lopsided matchmaking.
    Example: New reward brackets at the 250M, 275M, 300M, 330M, 360M, 400M and 450M GP where the rewards for losing a match in your bracket is equivalent to winning a match two brackets down.

    Alternatively (or additionally), matchmaking could be improved through consideration of average TW participant GP (+/- 10%), or simply the number of TW participants per side (+/- 4).

    I believe any/all of the above would greatly alleviate the occurrence of TW matches where the outcome is near certain before defense is set. I personally would like to have a reason to try to win, or keep a winning streak going.

    Thoughts?
  • Nauros
    4440 posts Member
    I would love to see the addition of 5-10 more TW reward brackets.
    The current structure incentivizes some of top 100 guilds to sandbag, making for lopsided matchmaking.
    Example: New reward brackets at the 250M, 275M, 300M, 330M, 360M, 400M and 450M GP where the rewards for losing a match in your bracket is equivalent to winning a match two brackets down.

    Alternatively (or additionally), matchmaking could be improved through consideration of average TW participant GP (+/- 10%), or simply the number of TW participants per side (+/- 4).

    I believe any/all of the above would greatly alleviate the occurrence of TW matches where the outcome is near certain before defense is set. I personally would like to have a reason to try to win, or keep a winning streak going.

    Thoughts?

    Speaking of TW, just include the number of participants into the matchmaking. GP only is too easy to game, it has been known for ages and nothing has been done. I guess CG doesn't care as long as it's the whales who benefit.
  • Kyno
    30525 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    I would love to see the addition of 5-10 more TW reward brackets.
    The current structure incentivizes some of top 100 guilds to sandbag, making for lopsided matchmaking.
    Example: New reward brackets at the 250M, 275M, 300M, 330M, 360M, 400M and 450M GP where the rewards for losing a match in your bracket is equivalent to winning a match two brackets down.

    Alternatively (or additionally), matchmaking could be improved through consideration of average TW participant GP (+/- 10%), or simply the number of TW participants per side (+/- 4).

    I believe any/all of the above would greatly alleviate the occurrence of TW matches where the outcome is near certain before defense is set. I personally would like to have a reason to try to win, or keep a winning streak going.

    Thoughts?

    Speaking of TW, just include the number of participants into the matchmaking. GP only is too easy to game, it has been known for ages and nothing has been done. I guess CG doesn't care as long as it's the whales who benefit.

    You guess wrong, but who's counting.
  • Nauros
    4440 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    I would love to see the addition of 5-10 more TW reward brackets.
    The current structure incentivizes some of top 100 guilds to sandbag, making for lopsided matchmaking.
    Example: New reward brackets at the 250M, 275M, 300M, 330M, 360M, 400M and 450M GP where the rewards for losing a match in your bracket is equivalent to winning a match two brackets down.

    Alternatively (or additionally), matchmaking could be improved through consideration of average TW participant GP (+/- 10%), or simply the number of TW participants per side (+/- 4).

    I believe any/all of the above would greatly alleviate the occurrence of TW matches where the outcome is near certain before defense is set. I personally would like to have a reason to try to win, or keep a winning streak going.

    Thoughts?

    Speaking of TW, just include the number of participants into the matchmaking. GP only is too easy to game, it has been known for ages and nothing has been done. I guess CG doesn't care as long as it's the whales who benefit.

    You guess wrong, but who's counting.

    Then give any other reason why this problem hasn't been touched. Not sure if it was even acknowledged, and it's plaguing TW for how long? Years? If you have any actual proof that I am wrong, share it and I will gladly admit my mistake. Except you won't, as usual.
  • Kyno
    30525 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    I would love to see the addition of 5-10 more TW reward brackets.
    The current structure incentivizes some of top 100 guilds to sandbag, making for lopsided matchmaking.
    Example: New reward brackets at the 250M, 275M, 300M, 330M, 360M, 400M and 450M GP where the rewards for losing a match in your bracket is equivalent to winning a match two brackets down.

    Alternatively (or additionally), matchmaking could be improved through consideration of average TW participant GP (+/- 10%), or simply the number of TW participants per side (+/- 4).

    I believe any/all of the above would greatly alleviate the occurrence of TW matches where the outcome is near certain before defense is set. I personally would like to have a reason to try to win, or keep a winning streak going.

    Thoughts?

    Speaking of TW, just include the number of participants into the matchmaking. GP only is too easy to game, it has been known for ages and nothing has been done. I guess CG doesn't care as long as it's the whales who benefit.

    You guess wrong, but who's counting.

    Then give any other reason why this problem hasn't been touched. Not sure if it was even acknowledged, and it's plaguing TW for how long? Years? If you have any actual proof that I am wrong, share it and I will gladly admit my mistake. Except you won't, as usual.

    First, the data they pulled showed no significance in win ratio. That alone was why this persisted, because, ya know, data.

    They are looking into it, along with other things related to TW, but stuff takes time.

    I'm not going to try and convince anyone they care, everyone has their personal feelings about, well everything. But I will point out that when people say they only care about money, do they think that the devs here are just rolling around in $100 Bill's. From my understanding they are not. The dev team is comprised of a group of individuals passionate about their job and care a lot about the success of the game and the things they do. This is hard to see from an outside perspective, sure I get that, but this attitude towards them is just an internet generational thing of dehumanizing people due to internet anonymity and is not actually true.
  • Nauros
    4440 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    I would love to see the addition of 5-10 more TW reward brackets.
    The current structure incentivizes some of top 100 guilds to sandbag, making for lopsided matchmaking.
    Example: New reward brackets at the 250M, 275M, 300M, 330M, 360M, 400M and 450M GP where the rewards for losing a match in your bracket is equivalent to winning a match two brackets down.

    Alternatively (or additionally), matchmaking could be improved through consideration of average TW participant GP (+/- 10%), or simply the number of TW participants per side (+/- 4).

    I believe any/all of the above would greatly alleviate the occurrence of TW matches where the outcome is near certain before defense is set. I personally would like to have a reason to try to win, or keep a winning streak going.

    Thoughts?

    Speaking of TW, just include the number of participants into the matchmaking. GP only is too easy to game, it has been known for ages and nothing has been done. I guess CG doesn't care as long as it's the whales who benefit.

    You guess wrong, but who's counting.

    Then give any other reason why this problem hasn't been touched. Not sure if it was even acknowledged, and it's plaguing TW for how long? Years? If you have any actual proof that I am wrong, share it and I will gladly admit my mistake. Except you won't, as usual.

    First, the data they pulled showed no significance in win ratio. That alone was why this persisted, because, ya know, data.

    They are looking into it, along with other things related to TW, but stuff takes time.

    I'm not going to try and convince anyone they care, everyone has their personal feelings about, well everything. But I will point out that when people say they only care about money, do they think that the devs here are just rolling around in $100 Bill's. From my understanding they are not. The dev team is comprised of a group of individuals passionate about their job and care a lot about the success of the game and the things they do. This is hard to see from an outside perspective, sure I get that, but this attitude towards them is just an internet generational thing of dehumanizing people due to internet anonymity and is not actually true.

    No significance in win ratio? Is this a joke? Are we a joke to them? Anyone with at least half a brain can see what happens when a whale guild sandbags. Do you think that they would do it if it didn't impact the win ratio? That 10 - 15 people would just be like "yeah guys, I'm gonna sit this one out for no reason whatsoever"?
    And if they are "looking into it" like they were at the officer tools thread, they might as well not bother. It won't happen within the lifespan of this game anyway.
    They (and you) keep talking about how "passionate" they are, but the game is stale, communication is all but nonexistent and obvious improvements are ignored. Individuals may be passionate, but as a whole, it's just another corporation. EA gonna EA, and a few small fish with passion won't change that. Gone are the times of Kozi's enthusiasm, Carrie's sometimes ill-thought but honest communication, and even Doja's initial optimism...
    But that's enough ranting. Hopefully the RA brings more than just another GL. Not holding my breath, though.
  • Kyno
    30525 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    I would love to see the addition of 5-10 more TW reward brackets.
    The current structure incentivizes some of top 100 guilds to sandbag, making for lopsided matchmaking.
    Example: New reward brackets at the 250M, 275M, 300M, 330M, 360M, 400M and 450M GP where the rewards for losing a match in your bracket is equivalent to winning a match two brackets down.

    Alternatively (or additionally), matchmaking could be improved through consideration of average TW participant GP (+/- 10%), or simply the number of TW participants per side (+/- 4).

    I believe any/all of the above would greatly alleviate the occurrence of TW matches where the outcome is near certain before defense is set. I personally would like to have a reason to try to win, or keep a winning streak going.

    Thoughts?

    Speaking of TW, just include the number of participants into the matchmaking. GP only is too easy to game, it has been known for ages and nothing has been done. I guess CG doesn't care as long as it's the whales who benefit.

    You guess wrong, but who's counting.

    Then give any other reason why this problem hasn't been touched. Not sure if it was even acknowledged, and it's plaguing TW for how long? Years? If you have any actual proof that I am wrong, share it and I will gladly admit my mistake. Except you won't, as usual.

    First, the data they pulled showed no significance in win ratio. That alone was why this persisted, because, ya know, data.

    They are looking into it, along with other things related to TW, but stuff takes time.

    I'm not going to try and convince anyone they care, everyone has their personal feelings about, well everything. But I will point out that when people say they only care about money, do they think that the devs here are just rolling around in $100 Bill's. From my understanding they are not. The dev team is comprised of a group of individuals passionate about their job and care a lot about the success of the game and the things they do. This is hard to see from an outside perspective, sure I get that, but this attitude towards them is just an internet generational thing of dehumanizing people due to internet anonymity and is not actually true.

    No significance in win ratio? Is this a joke? Are we a joke to them? Anyone with at least half a brain can see what happens when a whale guild sandbags. Do you think that they would do it if it didn't impact the win ratio? That 10 - 15 people would just be like "yeah guys, I'm gonna sit this one out for no reason whatsoever"?
    And if they are "looking into it" like they were at the officer tools thread, they might as well not bother. It won't happen within the lifespan of this game anyway.
    They (and you) keep talking about how "passionate" they are, but the game is stale, communication is all but nonexistent and obvious improvements are ignored. Individuals may be passionate, but as a whole, it's just another corporation. EA gonna EA, and a few small fish with passion won't change that. Gone are the times of Kozi's enthusiasm, Carrie's sometimes ill-thought but honest communication, and even Doja's initial optimism...
    But that's enough ranting. Hopefully the RA brings more than just another GL. Not holding my breath, though.

    That was earlier not early in TW life, just not recent. Again, you want to act like they dont care about what they do and that's not a joke.

    Yes please dont hold your breath, that can have bad side effects.
  • Nauros
    4440 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    I would love to see the addition of 5-10 more TW reward brackets.
    The current structure incentivizes some of top 100 guilds to sandbag, making for lopsided matchmaking.
    Example: New reward brackets at the 250M, 275M, 300M, 330M, 360M, 400M and 450M GP where the rewards for losing a match in your bracket is equivalent to winning a match two brackets down.

    Alternatively (or additionally), matchmaking could be improved through consideration of average TW participant GP (+/- 10%), or simply the number of TW participants per side (+/- 4).

    I believe any/all of the above would greatly alleviate the occurrence of TW matches where the outcome is near certain before defense is set. I personally would like to have a reason to try to win, or keep a winning streak going.

    Thoughts?

    Speaking of TW, just include the number of participants into the matchmaking. GP only is too easy to game, it has been known for ages and nothing has been done. I guess CG doesn't care as long as it's the whales who benefit.

    You guess wrong, but who's counting.

    Then give any other reason why this problem hasn't been touched. Not sure if it was even acknowledged, and it's plaguing TW for how long? Years? If you have any actual proof that I am wrong, share it and I will gladly admit my mistake. Except you won't, as usual.

    First, the data they pulled showed no significance in win ratio. That alone was why this persisted, because, ya know, data.

    They are looking into it, along with other things related to TW, but stuff takes time.

    I'm not going to try and convince anyone they care, everyone has their personal feelings about, well everything. But I will point out that when people say they only care about money, do they think that the devs here are just rolling around in $100 Bill's. From my understanding they are not. The dev team is comprised of a group of individuals passionate about their job and care a lot about the success of the game and the things they do. This is hard to see from an outside perspective, sure I get that, but this attitude towards them is just an internet generational thing of dehumanizing people due to internet anonymity and is not actually true.

    No significance in win ratio? Is this a joke? Are we a joke to them? Anyone with at least half a brain can see what happens when a whale guild sandbags. Do you think that they would do it if it didn't impact the win ratio? That 10 - 15 people would just be like "yeah guys, I'm gonna sit this one out for no reason whatsoever"?
    And if they are "looking into it" like they were at the officer tools thread, they might as well not bother. It won't happen within the lifespan of this game anyway.
    They (and you) keep talking about how "passionate" they are, but the game is stale, communication is all but nonexistent and obvious improvements are ignored. Individuals may be passionate, but as a whole, it's just another corporation. EA gonna EA, and a few small fish with passion won't change that. Gone are the times of Kozi's enthusiasm, Carrie's sometimes ill-thought but honest communication, and even Doja's initial optimism...
    But that's enough ranting. Hopefully the RA brings more than just another GL. Not holding my breath, though.

    That was earlier not early in TW life, just not recent. Again, you want to act like they dont care about what they do and that's not a joke.

    Yes please dont hold your breath, that can have bad side effects.

    I don't want to act that way. In fact, I would much prefer not to. It's just that the reality is what it is. As a scientist, I'm of course open to be convinced otherwise with actual evidence.
  • Kyno
    30525 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    I would love to see the addition of 5-10 more TW reward brackets.
    The current structure incentivizes some of top 100 guilds to sandbag, making for lopsided matchmaking.
    Example: New reward brackets at the 250M, 275M, 300M, 330M, 360M, 400M and 450M GP where the rewards for losing a match in your bracket is equivalent to winning a match two brackets down.

    Alternatively (or additionally), matchmaking could be improved through consideration of average TW participant GP (+/- 10%), or simply the number of TW participants per side (+/- 4).

    I believe any/all of the above would greatly alleviate the occurrence of TW matches where the outcome is near certain before defense is set. I personally would like to have a reason to try to win, or keep a winning streak going.

    Thoughts?

    Speaking of TW, just include the number of participants into the matchmaking. GP only is too easy to game, it has been known for ages and nothing has been done. I guess CG doesn't care as long as it's the whales who benefit.

    You guess wrong, but who's counting.

    Then give any other reason why this problem hasn't been touched. Not sure if it was even acknowledged, and it's plaguing TW for how long? Years? If you have any actual proof that I am wrong, share it and I will gladly admit my mistake. Except you won't, as usual.

    First, the data they pulled showed no significance in win ratio. That alone was why this persisted, because, ya know, data.

    They are looking into it, along with other things related to TW, but stuff takes time.

    I'm not going to try and convince anyone they care, everyone has their personal feelings about, well everything. But I will point out that when people say they only care about money, do they think that the devs here are just rolling around in $100 Bill's. From my understanding they are not. The dev team is comprised of a group of individuals passionate about their job and care a lot about the success of the game and the things they do. This is hard to see from an outside perspective, sure I get that, but this attitude towards them is just an internet generational thing of dehumanizing people due to internet anonymity and is not actually true.

    No significance in win ratio? Is this a joke? Are we a joke to them? Anyone with at least half a brain can see what happens when a whale guild sandbags. Do you think that they would do it if it didn't impact the win ratio? That 10 - 15 people would just be like "yeah guys, I'm gonna sit this one out for no reason whatsoever"?
    And if they are "looking into it" like they were at the officer tools thread, they might as well not bother. It won't happen within the lifespan of this game anyway.
    They (and you) keep talking about how "passionate" they are, but the game is stale, communication is all but nonexistent and obvious improvements are ignored. Individuals may be passionate, but as a whole, it's just another corporation. EA gonna EA, and a few small fish with passion won't change that. Gone are the times of Kozi's enthusiasm, Carrie's sometimes ill-thought but honest communication, and even Doja's initial optimism...
    But that's enough ranting. Hopefully the RA brings more than just another GL. Not holding my breath, though.

    That was earlier not early in TW life, just not recent. Again, you want to act like they dont care about what they do and that's not a joke.

    Yes please dont hold your breath, that can have bad side effects.

    I don't want to act that way. In fact, I would much prefer not to. It's just that the reality is what it is. As a scientist, I'm of course open to be convinced otherwise with actual evidence.

    What you believe cannot be unproven, no matter your profession. They are people, they do a job they enjoy, and yes they are passionate. Since I am fairly certain you have not spoken to many or maybe even any of them directly, your conclusion about things they feel about what they do is base on no evidence. I will also add, them caring and being passionate is not based on your belief of that.
  • I just wanted thoughts on what can be done to help improve the extent to which TW is an engaging game mode. This discussion about "if CG cares" is over-done, mostly irrelevant, and off-topic for this thread.

    Is it possible to have the discussion center around the points I brought up? The future of TW?

    It sounds like maybe they are working on it? More details would be great on that front.
    And while the data may "show no significance" in win ratio, but the two matchups (in the past 6 weeks) my guild (270M GP) has had with 350-400M GP guilds has felt significant to my guild members. Frankly, it's disengaging, which is bad for all parties. So, the occurrences may be insignificant (statistically or otherwise), but still seems to be recognized as an issue.
  • Kyno
    30525 posts Moderator
    I just wanted thoughts on what can be done to help improve the extent to which TW is an engaging game mode. This discussion about "if CG cares" is over-done, mostly irrelevant, and off-topic for this thread.

    Is it possible to have the discussion center around the points I brought up? The future of TW?

    It sounds like maybe they are working on it? More details would be great on that front.
    And while the data may "show no significance" in win ratio, but the two matchups (in the past 6 weeks) my guild (270M GP) has had with 350-400M GP guilds has felt significant to my guild members. Frankly, it's disengaging, which is bad for all parties. So, the occurrences may be insignificant (statistically or otherwise), but still seems to be recognized as an issue.

    The data is old, and this is being looked at, I am sorry if my mention of data is confusing the situation, the current climate is a "newer" situation where guilds are less concerned about going in full. (I was asked why this has persisted)

    This is not a discussion thread, just a listing of ideas about things they may discuss in other information releases Doja is trying to work out.
  • Nauros
    4440 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    I would love to see the addition of 5-10 more TW reward brackets.
    The current structure incentivizes some of top 100 guilds to sandbag, making for lopsided matchmaking.
    Example: New reward brackets at the 250M, 275M, 300M, 330M, 360M, 400M and 450M GP where the rewards for losing a match in your bracket is equivalent to winning a match two brackets down.

    Alternatively (or additionally), matchmaking could be improved through consideration of average TW participant GP (+/- 10%), or simply the number of TW participants per side (+/- 4).

    I believe any/all of the above would greatly alleviate the occurrence of TW matches where the outcome is near certain before defense is set. I personally would like to have a reason to try to win, or keep a winning streak going.

    Thoughts?

    Speaking of TW, just include the number of participants into the matchmaking. GP only is too easy to game, it has been known for ages and nothing has been done. I guess CG doesn't care as long as it's the whales who benefit.

    You guess wrong, but who's counting.

    Then give any other reason why this problem hasn't been touched. Not sure if it was even acknowledged, and it's plaguing TW for how long? Years? If you have any actual proof that I am wrong, share it and I will gladly admit my mistake. Except you won't, as usual.

    First, the data they pulled showed no significance in win ratio. That alone was why this persisted, because, ya know, data.

    They are looking into it, along with other things related to TW, but stuff takes time.

    I'm not going to try and convince anyone they care, everyone has their personal feelings about, well everything. But I will point out that when people say they only care about money, do they think that the devs here are just rolling around in $100 Bill's. From my understanding they are not. The dev team is comprised of a group of individuals passionate about their job and care a lot about the success of the game and the things they do. This is hard to see from an outside perspective, sure I get that, but this attitude towards them is just an internet generational thing of dehumanizing people due to internet anonymity and is not actually true.

    No significance in win ratio? Is this a joke? Are we a joke to them? Anyone with at least half a brain can see what happens when a whale guild sandbags. Do you think that they would do it if it didn't impact the win ratio? That 10 - 15 people would just be like "yeah guys, I'm gonna sit this one out for no reason whatsoever"?
    And if they are "looking into it" like they were at the officer tools thread, they might as well not bother. It won't happen within the lifespan of this game anyway.
    They (and you) keep talking about how "passionate" they are, but the game is stale, communication is all but nonexistent and obvious improvements are ignored. Individuals may be passionate, but as a whole, it's just another corporation. EA gonna EA, and a few small fish with passion won't change that. Gone are the times of Kozi's enthusiasm, Carrie's sometimes ill-thought but honest communication, and even Doja's initial optimism...
    But that's enough ranting. Hopefully the RA brings more than just another GL. Not holding my breath, though.

    That was earlier not early in TW life, just not recent. Again, you want to act like they dont care about what they do and that's not a joke.

    Yes please dont hold your breath, that can have bad side effects.

    I don't want to act that way. In fact, I would much prefer not to. It's just that the reality is what it is. As a scientist, I'm of course open to be convinced otherwise with actual evidence.

    What you believe cannot be unproven, no matter your profession. They are people, they do a job they enjoy, and yes they are passionate. Since I am fairly certain you have not spoken to many or maybe even any of them directly, your conclusion about things they feel about what they do is base on no evidence. I will also add, them caring and being passionate is not based on your belief of that.

    My conclusion is based on indirect evidence (bugs left to fester, sorely needed improvements being ignored, changes like kyrotechs...), which is the only kind of evidence I can get. You may or may not have more direct evidence, but you never share it, so I treat it as nonexistent until you do.
    And I'm far from the only one with this kind of sentiment, so maybe try thinking about what causes it instead of constantly blaming me.
  • Kyno
    30525 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    I would love to see the addition of 5-10 more TW reward brackets.
    The current structure incentivizes some of top 100 guilds to sandbag, making for lopsided matchmaking.
    Example: New reward brackets at the 250M, 275M, 300M, 330M, 360M, 400M and 450M GP where the rewards for losing a match in your bracket is equivalent to winning a match two brackets down.

    Alternatively (or additionally), matchmaking could be improved through consideration of average TW participant GP (+/- 10%), or simply the number of TW participants per side (+/- 4).

    I believe any/all of the above would greatly alleviate the occurrence of TW matches where the outcome is near certain before defense is set. I personally would like to have a reason to try to win, or keep a winning streak going.

    Thoughts?

    Speaking of TW, just include the number of participants into the matchmaking. GP only is too easy to game, it has been known for ages and nothing has been done. I guess CG doesn't care as long as it's the whales who benefit.

    You guess wrong, but who's counting.

    Then give any other reason why this problem hasn't been touched. Not sure if it was even acknowledged, and it's plaguing TW for how long? Years? If you have any actual proof that I am wrong, share it and I will gladly admit my mistake. Except you won't, as usual.

    First, the data they pulled showed no significance in win ratio. That alone was why this persisted, because, ya know, data.

    They are looking into it, along with other things related to TW, but stuff takes time.

    I'm not going to try and convince anyone they care, everyone has their personal feelings about, well everything. But I will point out that when people say they only care about money, do they think that the devs here are just rolling around in $100 Bill's. From my understanding they are not. The dev team is comprised of a group of individuals passionate about their job and care a lot about the success of the game and the things they do. This is hard to see from an outside perspective, sure I get that, but this attitude towards them is just an internet generational thing of dehumanizing people due to internet anonymity and is not actually true.

    No significance in win ratio? Is this a joke? Are we a joke to them? Anyone with at least half a brain can see what happens when a whale guild sandbags. Do you think that they would do it if it didn't impact the win ratio? That 10 - 15 people would just be like "yeah guys, I'm gonna sit this one out for no reason whatsoever"?
    And if they are "looking into it" like they were at the officer tools thread, they might as well not bother. It won't happen within the lifespan of this game anyway.
    They (and you) keep talking about how "passionate" they are, but the game is stale, communication is all but nonexistent and obvious improvements are ignored. Individuals may be passionate, but as a whole, it's just another corporation. EA gonna EA, and a few small fish with passion won't change that. Gone are the times of Kozi's enthusiasm, Carrie's sometimes ill-thought but honest communication, and even Doja's initial optimism...
    But that's enough ranting. Hopefully the RA brings more than just another GL. Not holding my breath, though.

    That was earlier not early in TW life, just not recent. Again, you want to act like they dont care about what they do and that's not a joke.

    Yes please dont hold your breath, that can have bad side effects.

    I don't want to act that way. In fact, I would much prefer not to. It's just that the reality is what it is. As a scientist, I'm of course open to be convinced otherwise with actual evidence.

    What you believe cannot be unproven, no matter your profession. They are people, they do a job they enjoy, and yes they are passionate. Since I am fairly certain you have not spoken to many or maybe even any of them directly, your conclusion about things they feel about what they do is base on no evidence. I will also add, them caring and being passionate is not based on your belief of that.

    My conclusion is based on indirect evidence (bugs left to fester, sorely needed improvements being ignored, changes like kyrotechs...), which is the only kind of evidence I can get. You may or may not have more direct evidence, but you never share it, so I treat it as nonexistent until you do.
    And I'm far from the only one with this kind of sentiment, so maybe try thinking about what causes it instead of constantly blaming me.

    I'm not blaming you, I am just not here to change someone's beliefs.
  • Nauros
    4440 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    I would love to see the addition of 5-10 more TW reward brackets.
    The current structure incentivizes some of top 100 guilds to sandbag, making for lopsided matchmaking.
    Example: New reward brackets at the 250M, 275M, 300M, 330M, 360M, 400M and 450M GP where the rewards for losing a match in your bracket is equivalent to winning a match two brackets down.

    Alternatively (or additionally), matchmaking could be improved through consideration of average TW participant GP (+/- 10%), or simply the number of TW participants per side (+/- 4).

    I believe any/all of the above would greatly alleviate the occurrence of TW matches where the outcome is near certain before defense is set. I personally would like to have a reason to try to win, or keep a winning streak going.

    Thoughts?

    Speaking of TW, just include the number of participants into the matchmaking. GP only is too easy to game, it has been known for ages and nothing has been done. I guess CG doesn't care as long as it's the whales who benefit.

    You guess wrong, but who's counting.

    Then give any other reason why this problem hasn't been touched. Not sure if it was even acknowledged, and it's plaguing TW for how long? Years? If you have any actual proof that I am wrong, share it and I will gladly admit my mistake. Except you won't, as usual.

    First, the data they pulled showed no significance in win ratio. That alone was why this persisted, because, ya know, data.

    They are looking into it, along with other things related to TW, but stuff takes time.

    I'm not going to try and convince anyone they care, everyone has their personal feelings about, well everything. But I will point out that when people say they only care about money, do they think that the devs here are just rolling around in $100 Bill's. From my understanding they are not. The dev team is comprised of a group of individuals passionate about their job and care a lot about the success of the game and the things they do. This is hard to see from an outside perspective, sure I get that, but this attitude towards them is just an internet generational thing of dehumanizing people due to internet anonymity and is not actually true.

    No significance in win ratio? Is this a joke? Are we a joke to them? Anyone with at least half a brain can see what happens when a whale guild sandbags. Do you think that they would do it if it didn't impact the win ratio? That 10 - 15 people would just be like "yeah guys, I'm gonna sit this one out for no reason whatsoever"?
    And if they are "looking into it" like they were at the officer tools thread, they might as well not bother. It won't happen within the lifespan of this game anyway.
    They (and you) keep talking about how "passionate" they are, but the game is stale, communication is all but nonexistent and obvious improvements are ignored. Individuals may be passionate, but as a whole, it's just another corporation. EA gonna EA, and a few small fish with passion won't change that. Gone are the times of Kozi's enthusiasm, Carrie's sometimes ill-thought but honest communication, and even Doja's initial optimism...
    But that's enough ranting. Hopefully the RA brings more than just another GL. Not holding my breath, though.

    That was earlier not early in TW life, just not recent. Again, you want to act like they dont care about what they do and that's not a joke.

    Yes please dont hold your breath, that can have bad side effects.

    I don't want to act that way. In fact, I would much prefer not to. It's just that the reality is what it is. As a scientist, I'm of course open to be convinced otherwise with actual evidence.

    What you believe cannot be unproven, no matter your profession. They are people, they do a job they enjoy, and yes they are passionate. Since I am fairly certain you have not spoken to many or maybe even any of them directly, your conclusion about things they feel about what they do is base on no evidence. I will also add, them caring and being passionate is not based on your belief of that.

    My conclusion is based on indirect evidence (bugs left to fester, sorely needed improvements being ignored, changes like kyrotechs...), which is the only kind of evidence I can get. You may or may not have more direct evidence, but you never share it, so I treat it as nonexistent until you do.
    And I'm far from the only one with this kind of sentiment, so maybe try thinking about what causes it instead of constantly blaming me.

    I'm not blaming you, I am just not here to change someone's beliefs.

    So stop telling me that I'm wrong without proof. Thanks.
  • Kyno
    30525 posts Moderator
    edited July 23
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    I would love to see the addition of 5-10 more TW reward brackets.
    The current structure incentivizes some of top 100 guilds to sandbag, making for lopsided matchmaking.
    Example: New reward brackets at the 250M, 275M, 300M, 330M, 360M, 400M and 450M GP where the rewards for losing a match in your bracket is equivalent to winning a match two brackets down.

    Alternatively (or additionally), matchmaking could be improved through consideration of average TW participant GP (+/- 10%), or simply the number of TW participants per side (+/- 4).

    I believe any/all of the above would greatly alleviate the occurrence of TW matches where the outcome is near certain before defense is set. I personally would like to have a reason to try to win, or keep a winning streak going.

    Thoughts?

    Speaking of TW, just include the number of participants into the matchmaking. GP only is too easy to game, it has been known for ages and nothing has been done. I guess CG doesn't care as long as it's the whales who benefit.

    You guess wrong, but who's counting.

    Then give any other reason why this problem hasn't been touched. Not sure if it was even acknowledged, and it's plaguing TW for how long? Years? If you have any actual proof that I am wrong, share it and I will gladly admit my mistake. Except you won't, as usual.

    First, the data they pulled showed no significance in win ratio. That alone was why this persisted, because, ya know, data.

    They are looking into it, along with other things related to TW, but stuff takes time.

    I'm not going to try and convince anyone they care, everyone has their personal feelings about, well everything. But I will point out that when people say they only care about money, do they think that the devs here are just rolling around in $100 Bill's. From my understanding they are not. The dev team is comprised of a group of individuals passionate about their job and care a lot about the success of the game and the things they do. This is hard to see from an outside perspective, sure I get that, but this attitude towards them is just an internet generational thing of dehumanizing people due to internet anonymity and is not actually true.

    No significance in win ratio? Is this a joke? Are we a joke to them? Anyone with at least half a brain can see what happens when a whale guild sandbags. Do you think that they would do it if it didn't impact the win ratio? That 10 - 15 people would just be like "yeah guys, I'm gonna sit this one out for no reason whatsoever"?
    And if they are "looking into it" like they were at the officer tools thread, they might as well not bother. It won't happen within the lifespan of this game anyway.
    They (and you) keep talking about how "passionate" they are, but the game is stale, communication is all but nonexistent and obvious improvements are ignored. Individuals may be passionate, but as a whole, it's just another corporation. EA gonna EA, and a few small fish with passion won't change that. Gone are the times of Kozi's enthusiasm, Carrie's sometimes ill-thought but honest communication, and even Doja's initial optimism...
    But that's enough ranting. Hopefully the RA brings more than just another GL. Not holding my breath, though.

    That was earlier not early in TW life, just not recent. Again, you want to act like they dont care about what they do and that's not a joke.

    Yes please dont hold your breath, that can have bad side effects.

    I don't want to act that way. In fact, I would much prefer not to. It's just that the reality is what it is. As a scientist, I'm of course open to be convinced otherwise with actual evidence.

    What you believe cannot be unproven, no matter your profession. They are people, they do a job they enjoy, and yes they are passionate. Since I am fairly certain you have not spoken to many or maybe even any of them directly, your conclusion about things they feel about what they do is base on no evidence. I will also add, them caring and being passionate is not based on your belief of that.

    My conclusion is based on indirect evidence (bugs left to fester, sorely needed improvements being ignored, changes like kyrotechs...), which is the only kind of evidence I can get. You may or may not have more direct evidence, but you never share it, so I treat it as nonexistent until you do.
    And I'm far from the only one with this kind of sentiment, so maybe try thinking about what causes it instead of constantly blaming me.

    I'm not blaming you, I am just not here to change someone's beliefs.

    So stop telling me that I'm wrong without proof. Thanks.

    I have spoken with many of them (among other reasons), and I can assure you that, that is more proof than you have that you are wrong about them caring.

    I would also like to point out that what you are calling evidence, from a "psuedo scientific standpoint", would be considered incomplete and biased, but there is no point to doing that, as you are the scientists and should be fully aware of that.
  • Konju
    1091 posts Member
    Kyno is citing words as proof while Nauros is citing actions as proof.

    While I am sure there is some level of care the devs have for the game, it doesn’t always show up in action. The TW matchmaking is a mechanic that needs addressing (match GP AND # of participants—average GP). The issue remains no matter how much the devs care.
  • Kyno
    30525 posts Moderator
    Konju wrote: »
    Kyno is citing words as proof while Nauros is citing actions as proof.

    While I am sure there is some level of care the devs have for the game, it doesn’t always show up in action. The TW matchmaking is a mechanic that needs addressing (match GP AND # of participants—average GP). The issue remains no matter how much the devs care.

    No, I just find no need to cite actions we have all seen.

    Thank you for understanding that they do care.
  • Nauros
    4440 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    Kyno is citing words as proof while Nauros is citing actions as proof.

    While I am sure there is some level of care the devs have for the game, it doesn’t always show up in action. The TW matchmaking is a mechanic that needs addressing (match GP AND # of participants—average GP). The issue remains no matter how much the devs care.

    No, I just find no need to cite actions we have all seen.

    Thank you for understanding that they do care.

    If there ever was any doubt about whether they care about player experience or money, the RA definitely removes it. Nuff said.
  • Why is there still a lockout on what gear can be requested? Fully crafted and higher end gear cannot be requested even though some guildmates would happily share.

    And not all lower end gear seams to be available to scrap. I have recycled most of my extra gear that can be, but still find some that I have over a thousand of and cannot scrap it.
Sign In or Register to comment.