Solicitation for Topics of Interest

Replies

  • Aspromalee wrote: »
    Why is there still a lockout on what gear can be requested? Fully crafted and higher end gear cannot be requested even though some guildmates would happily share.

    And not all lower end gear seams to be available to scrap. I have recycled most of my extra gear that can be, but still find some that I have over a thousand of and cannot scrap it.

    Hey yes! Darn it I want this
  • I would like to know the drop rate on nodes for G12+ epic and legendary pieces. I used to get at least 4-5 from 15 sims, doing 2 at a time. Now I'm lucky if I get 1. I'd call it rng but this is happening consistently now. On the very rare occasion I get 2 I feel like I've won the lottery. Right now the grind for G12/13 is so painful. Mk8 biotech implants in particular have an awful drop rate.
  • TVF
    30948 posts Member
    I would like to know the drop rate on nodes for G12+ epic and legendary pieces. I used to get at least 4-5 from 15 sims, doing 2 at a time. Now I'm lucky if I get 1. I'd call it rng but this is happening consistently now. On the very rare occasion I get 2 I feel like I've won the lottery. Right now the grind for G12/13 is so painful. Mk8 biotech implants in particular have an awful drop rate.

    20%
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I would like to know the drop rate on nodes for G12+ epic and legendary pieces. I used to get at least 4-5 from 15 sims, doing 2 at a time. Now I'm lucky if I get 1. I'd call it rng but this is happening consistently now. On the very rare occasion I get 2 I feel like I've won the lottery. Right now the grind for G12/13 is so painful. Mk8 biotech implants in particular have an awful drop rate.
    Of what relevance is “doing 2 at a time”?


  • BobaFettish86
    30 posts Member
    edited July 25
    I would like to know the drop rate on nodes for G12+ epic and legendary pieces. I used to get at least 4-5 from 15 sims, doing 2 at a time. Now I'm lucky if I get 1. I'd call it rng but this is happening consistently now. On the very rare occasion I get 2 I feel like I've won the lottery. Right now the grind for G12/13 is so painful. Mk8 biotech implants in particular have an awful drop rate.
    Of what relevance is “doing 2 at a time”?


    At one time folks reckoned simming two at a time yields better results.

    And it definitely doesn't feel like 20%. Am I really being shafted by RNG? The fleet nodes seem particularly poor.
  • Kyno
    31085 posts Moderator
    I would like to know the drop rate on nodes for G12+ epic and legendary pieces. I used to get at least 4-5 from 15 sims, doing 2 at a time. Now I'm lucky if I get 1. I'd call it rng but this is happening consistently now. On the very rare occasion I get 2 I feel like I've won the lottery. Right now the grind for G12/13 is so painful. Mk8 biotech implants in particular have an awful drop rate.
    Of what relevance is “doing 2 at a time”?


    At one time folks reckoned simming two at a time yields better results.

    And it definitely doesn't feel like 20%. Am I really being shafted by RNG? The fleet nodes seem particularly poor.

    It will never feel like what it is, but the data doesn't care about your feelings. It is heartless, but consistent.😉
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I would like to know the drop rate on nodes for G12+ epic and legendary pieces. I used to get at least 4-5 from 15 sims, doing 2 at a time. Now I'm lucky if I get 1. I'd call it rng but this is happening consistently now. On the very rare occasion I get 2 I feel like I've won the lottery. Right now the grind for G12/13 is so painful. Mk8 biotech implants in particular have an awful drop rate.
    Of what relevance is “doing 2 at a time”?


    At one time folks reckoned simming two at a time yields better results.

    And it definitely doesn't feel like 20%. Am I really being shafted by RNG? The fleet nodes seem particularly poor.

    It will never feel like what it is, but the data doesn't care about your feelings. It is heartless, but consistent.😉

    Haha well at least I'm not going crazy then. That's fine, I'll get SEE, JKLS in a couple of years. Might take 3 to get executor with r8 requirements as I don't have the gp for hard conquest and not enough r5s for CRancor. 😞
  • I would like to know the drop rate on nodes for G12+ epic and legendary pieces. I used to get at least 4-5 from 15 sims, doing 2 at a time. Now I'm lucky if I get 1. I'd call it rng but this is happening consistently now. On the very rare occasion I get 2 I feel like I've won the lottery. Right now the grind for G12/13 is so painful. Mk8 biotech implants in particular have an awful drop rate.
    Of what relevance is “doing 2 at a time”?


    At one time folks reckoned simming two at a time yields better results.

    And it definitely doesn't feel like 20%. Am I really being shafted by RNG? The fleet nodes seem particularly poor.
    “Reckoned”, “feel like”.

    It makes no difference how many sims you do at a time, and the rate is 20%.

    If you are doing 2 at a time with a 20% chance of success on each sim, here are your odds:

    0 drops: 64% chance
    1 drop: 32% chance
    2 drops: 4% chance

    Hope that helps.
  • TVF
    30948 posts Member
    I would like to know the drop rate on nodes for G12+ epic and legendary pieces. I used to get at least 4-5 from 15 sims,

    Since the expected rate should net you 3 per 15, you should feel lucky.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Konju
    1106 posts Member
    Is there a way to auto-ban certain users (posting vulgar and **** images over and over) from the forums that continually create new accounts using new emails by using their IP address instead of using accounts?
  • StarSon
    5310 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »
    Is there a way to auto-ban certain users (posting vulgar and **** images over and over) from the forums that continually create new accounts using new emails by using their IP address instead of using accounts?

    Not sure about auto-ban, but it is definitely possible to be IP banned here.
  • Konju
    1106 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    Is there a way to auto-ban certain users (posting vulgar and **** images over and over) from the forums that continually create new accounts using new emails by using their IP address instead of using accounts?

    Not sure about auto-ban, but it is definitely possible to be IP banned here.

    Thanks, hopefully that gets resolved. Annoying that threads are closed because some **** continues to post vulgar images. I’m not a fan of the road ahead, but just stop with the spamming already.
  • Kyno
    31085 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    Kyno is citing words as proof while Nauros is citing actions as proof.

    While I am sure there is some level of care the devs have for the game, it doesn’t always show up in action. The TW matchmaking is a mechanic that needs addressing (match GP AND # of participants—average GP). The issue remains no matter how much the devs care.

    No, I just find no need to cite actions we have all seen.

    Thank you for understanding that they do care.

    If there ever was any doubt about whether they care about player experience or money, the RA definitely removes it. Nuff said.

    Changes made for longevity of the game, shows they dont care.... interesting.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    Kyno is citing words as proof while Nauros is citing actions as proof.

    While I am sure there is some level of care the devs have for the game, it doesn’t always show up in action. The TW matchmaking is a mechanic that needs addressing (match GP AND # of participants—average GP). The issue remains no matter how much the devs care.

    No, I just find no need to cite actions we have all seen.

    Thank you for understanding that they do care.

    If there ever was any doubt about whether they care about player experience or money, the RA definitely removes it. Nuff said.

    Changes made for longevity of the game, shows they dont care.... interesting.

    How are the changes made for the longevity of the game Kyno ? I see a massive player disengagement over the few next months, and a game with a shrinking community has no future.

    That’s my opinion but I d love to know how you think those are changes for the future...
  • Nauros
    4627 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    Kyno is citing words as proof while Nauros is citing actions as proof.

    While I am sure there is some level of care the devs have for the game, it doesn’t always show up in action. The TW matchmaking is a mechanic that needs addressing (match GP AND # of participants—average GP). The issue remains no matter how much the devs care.

    No, I just find no need to cite actions we have all seen.

    Thank you for understanding that they do care.

    If there ever was any doubt about whether they care about player experience or money, the RA definitely removes it. Nuff said.

    Changes made for longevity of the game, shows they dont care.... interesting.

    Oh come on. The defense penetration changes are the only part that could be justified by that. Then there's new grind, even more new grind and disabling cheaper counters to GLs. No new playable content, no QOL, no word on most pressing issues the community has. They couldn't be more obvious in their priorities, no matter how much you parrot their words.
  • Nauros
    4627 posts Member
    I think this " They don't care" sentiment, if it's really unjustified, stems mostly from a lack of information. So we can loop back on topic with this: I would like to get more insight into what goes on at CG. Kind of like the Developer Insight we get for characters, but for other updates too. I think the RA could be accepted better if we got some sound logic behind how exactly does disabling counters open up "sub-GL" design space. Or why is r9 necessary now, or even at all. Or how/if they are going to deal with ongoing issues with ships, when they are putting such heavy requirements on them.
  • Kyno
    31085 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    I think this " They don't care" sentiment, if it's really unjustified, stems mostly from a lack of information. So we can loop back on topic with this: I would like to get more insight into what goes on at CG. Kind of like the Developer Insight we get for characters, but for other updates too. I think the RA could be accepted better if we got some sound logic behind how exactly does disabling counters open up "sub-GL" design space. Or why is r9 necessary now, or even at all. Or how/if they are going to deal with ongoing issues with ships, when they are putting such heavy requirements on them.

    Agreed, let's get back "on topic".

    I thought this was one of the more information heavy RAs we have had,and including the responses they have made, some of the most "background" thoughts on what is going on.

    There is always going to be a tug of war between players and devs about development and the pace, players will very rarely want things that push development, and the devs are always going to push development. So many of your questions are just going to fall into that area, and hearing them say they want to push players to develop is not really going to satisfy.

    If they push to have 2 very distinct scales of characters, how would that not make it easier to develop a toon that fits into either one? As an example with this change, they could make a squad that can rival 501st, but dont have to make them beefy (or complicated) enough that they would also be at the very top of the meta (just like the 501st is not any more).
  • Nauros
    4627 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    I think this " They don't care" sentiment, if it's really unjustified, stems mostly from a lack of information. So we can loop back on topic with this: I would like to get more insight into what goes on at CG. Kind of like the Developer Insight we get for characters, but for other updates too. I think the RA could be accepted better if we got some sound logic behind how exactly does disabling counters open up "sub-GL" design space. Or why is r9 necessary now, or even at all. Or how/if they are going to deal with ongoing issues with ships, when they are putting such heavy requirements on them.

    Agreed, let's get back "on topic".

    I thought this was one of the more information heavy RAs we have had,and including the responses they have made, some of the most "background" thoughts on what is going on.

    There is always going to be a tug of war between players and devs about development and the pace, players will very rarely want things that push development, and the devs are always going to push development. So many of your questions are just going to fall into that area, and hearing them say they want to push players to develop is not really going to satisfy.

    If they push to have 2 very distinct scales of characters, how would that not make it easier to develop a toon that fits into either one? As an example with this change, they could make a squad that can rival 501st, but dont have to make them beefy (or complicated) enough that they would also be at the very top of the meta (just like the 501st is not any more).

    They already have 2 distinct scales of characters, they are just pushing them further apart. They are opening some power level space (and already expanding into it with the buffs to GAS), but that is basically a whole another dimension orthogonal to design space - you can have similar designs at different power level or vice versa. The only design space I see opening is for specific "GL killers", a niche that is already filled now by the characters they are nerfing.
  • Really wish I could gear down certain characters (my dumb butt geared Bossk to r7 and inflated my gp in additional embarrassing ways when I first started playing). I do understand there are implications like having gear reqs to unlock certain characters.
    But golly what I would do for those mats from Bossk to put on Boba or something.
  • Why they wont compensate people affacted by this change? I'm not talking about R8->R7 because this is just silly. I'm obviously not talking about full gear compensations -> just something so I dont feel bad that I went for those characters
  • papaofmom wrote: »
    Why they wont compensate people affacted by this change? I'm not talking about R8->R7 because this is just silly. I'm obviously not talking about full gear compensations -> just something so I dont feel bad that I went for those characters

    Because they are also relic reqs for gls. So they can't take them down beyond relic 7, notice for dark trooper, not (yet) a gl req they took him down to relic 5
  • Tusken Hound
    I’m sure someone has suggested that along with one other Tusken to round out a faction
  • Nauros
    4627 posts Member
    Tusken Hound
    I’m sure someone has suggested that along with one other Tusken to round out a faction

    Yes, bring the sand doggo! Especially now that at least one Tusken is required for a GL, not even having a full team goes one step beyond the usual "useless" requirements.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Tusken Hound
    I’m sure someone has suggested that along with one other Tusken to round out a faction

    Yes, bring the sand doggo! Especially now that at least one Tusken is required for a GL, not even having a full team goes one step beyond the usual "useless" requirements.

    Haha sand doggo I like that.
    Heck they could even have him as a summon character. Have like a beastmaster type character or something. Idk, there are certainly options though.
  • Tuskens need a Bantha tank imo.
  • What if when completing the Fulcrum Prestigious Quest you received a 7* Agent Kallus? That would be pretty sweet to incorporate character or ship rewards. Incentive for me to finally gear up Cassian Andor
  • Kyno
    31085 posts Moderator
    What if when completing the Fulcrum Prestigious Quest you received a 7* Agent Kallus? That would be pretty sweet to incorporate character or ship rewards. Incentive for me to finally gear up Cassian Andor

    Quests are designed to be optional and therefore do not have rewards like that. They are meant to be for titles and badges.
  • How do you quality control check releases and updates? Do you have a Test environment equivalent to 'production' and/or set of known issues you check for before rolling out an update? We know there is a test/beta environment with new objects (r9) for future features, but how are live game releases vetted?
  • Notification icon for each chat, ie guild and individual.
  • Would it be possible to scale down the size of the opposing capital ship (outside of mirror matches) involving the executor? It's just jarring to see the extremely different scales of size. Obviously not to the literal scale they ought to be, the executor is simply to big for that, but scale them down a bit so they don't look the same size?
Sign In or Register to comment.