Solicitation for Topics of Interest

Replies

  • Padriach wrote: »
    Apart from skimming this thread every now and then haven't really paid it much attention. I am curious though if any of the many posts resulted in a deeper explanation or a behind the scenes look at anything?

    I've mostly ignored it as well. But just yesterday, Kyno was able to confirm that one my concerns has at least been brought up in dev discussions and they are considering some avenue to slightly alleviate that concern.

    So not much... but something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Not ignored, Doja has many things in the works, but as was said multiple times this was never intended to be a direct ask/answer process.

    This was designed to give him input on what player are looking for and want to see, so that he can grow his efforts into those locations and bring about more insight as they build up communication.
  • TVF
    36582 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    so that he can grow his efforts into those locations and bring about more insight as they build up communication.

    :D
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Not ignored, Doja has many things in the works, but as was said multiple times this was never intended to be a direct ask/answer process.

    This was designed to give him input on what player are looking for and want to see, so that he can grow his efforts into those locations and bring about more insight as they build up communication.

    OK, like I asked though has it led to anything? I would of thought a year would of been sufficient to get some juicy topics that could be talked about. Didn't really expect anything in the thread as such other than maybe an acknowledgement of a topic that could/would be followed up on.

    Unless my grasp of the initial post was incorrect. My reading of it was that the player posts here would give doja topics that he/cg would provide more information/insight into? (Not necessarily in this thread but maybe something like a subject matter post or video.)

  • Padriach wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Not ignored, Doja has many things in the works, but as was said multiple times this was never intended to be a direct ask/answer process.

    This was designed to give him input on what player are looking for and want to see, so that he can grow his efforts into those locations and bring about more insight as they build up communication.

    OK, like I asked though has it led to anything? I would of thought a year would of been sufficient to get some juicy topics that could be talked about. Didn't really expect anything in the thread as such other than maybe an acknowledgement of a topic that could/would be followed up on.

    Unless my grasp of the initial post was incorrect. My reading of it was that the player posts here would give doja topics that he/cg would provide more information/insight into? (Not necessarily in this thread but maybe something like a subject matter post or video.)

    The post was a pipe dream. Turns out Doja can't answer any of the stuff we actually care about.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Padriach wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Not ignored, Doja has many things in the works, but as was said multiple times this was never intended to be a direct ask/answer process.

    This was designed to give him input on what player are looking for and want to see, so that he can grow his efforts into those locations and bring about more insight as they build up communication.

    OK, like I asked though has it led to anything? I would of thought a year would of been sufficient to get some juicy topics that could be talked about. Didn't really expect anything in the thread as such other than maybe an acknowledgement of a topic that could/would be followed up on.

    Unless my grasp of the initial post was incorrect. My reading of it was that the player posts here would give doja topics that he/cg would provide more information/insight into? (Not necessarily in this thread but maybe something like a subject matter post or video.)

    The post was a pipe dream. Turns out Doja can't answer any of the stuff we actually care about.

    So basically like the old Q&As, except slower and more clunky. Speaking of which, anyone still remembers the talk about some new and improved format for that?
  • Nauros wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Padriach wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Not ignored, Doja has many things in the works, but as was said multiple times this was never intended to be a direct ask/answer process.

    This was designed to give him input on what player are looking for and want to see, so that he can grow his efforts into those locations and bring about more insight as they build up communication.

    OK, like I asked though has it led to anything? I would of thought a year would of been sufficient to get some juicy topics that could be talked about. Didn't really expect anything in the thread as such other than maybe an acknowledgement of a topic that could/would be followed up on.

    Unless my grasp of the initial post was incorrect. My reading of it was that the player posts here would give doja topics that he/cg would provide more information/insight into? (Not necessarily in this thread but maybe something like a subject matter post or video.)

    The post was a pipe dream. Turns out Doja can't answer any of the stuff we actually care about.

    So basically like the old Q&As, except slower and more clunky. Speaking of which, anyone still remembers the talk about some new and improved format for that?

    The new and improved format was a series of trivia videos with Operation Metaverse, which, let’s be real, was a complete bust. I’m pretty sure the vast majority of the community didn’t even know it happened, and there was no discussion about it anywhere in contrast to the old Q&As. So Doja apparently went back to the drawing boards but it doesn’t seem like anything has come of it aside from the occasional dev interview. But to be fair to Doja he was been busy with planning the Speed GAC (which I didn’t personally care for but I can understand took a lot of time)
  • I have a question regarding the battle pass: it seems you guys are committed to the BP, but unless I'm mistaken the only way to get it is by purchasing it with real currency.
    I haven't spent money on this game, but i have spent money on other battlepasses; specifically for Call of Duty and Fortnite. The reason why those battlepasses appeal to me is that they both cost in game currency(which I had to purchase) and actually give the user the ability to earn almost(if not all) the credits to purchase the value of the next pass.
    My question is are there plans to possibly offer the BP for in game currency (ie purples)?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Magruffin wrote: »
    I have a question regarding the battle pass: it seems you guys are committed to the BP, but unless I'm mistaken the only way to get it is by purchasing it with real currency.
    I haven't spent money on this game, but i have spent money on other battlepasses; specifically for Call of Duty and Fortnite. The reason why those battlepasses appeal to me is that they both cost in game currency(which I had to purchase) and actually give the user the ability to earn almost(if not all) the credits to purchase the value of the next pass.
    My question is are there plans to possibly offer the BP for in game currency (ie purples)?

    This has been brought up, and is a possibility. All of this is very new and will be fleshed out over time. Not to say that this will happen, just that it has been discussed.
  • Please setup a guild arena mode or sandbox mode. I know it's been said before, but needs to be brought up every now and then. It would be a great mode to extract the money they are looking for.
  • When does next GA start? Alternatively, when will we be told when next GA starts?
  • When is ea going to admit it's driving the game to P2P and rewarding the pathetic whales who drop all their cash on this?
    So people who pay to keep the game running shouldn’t get any rewards at all for doing so?
  • ImperialJay3
    33 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Anyone know when conquest is set to return? Kyno
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Anyone know when conquest is set to return? Kyno

    Should be the early part of next month. I thought this was listed in one of the announcements by Doja.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Anyone know when conquest is set to return? Kyno

    Should be the early part of next month. I thought this was listed in one of the announcements by Doja.
    Thanks for the reply man. I’ve not noticed, it if it’s been mentioned already my apologies
  • Goldane
    76 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Can we talk about how the plan is apparently to absolutely destroy mid-level guilds by requiring they be 300mil to obtain r9 mats?
  • The mods here (as a way of reaching out to Kyno who i argue with a lot) dont have any control over what the game can bring etc which i believe is a big big drawback (wasnt there a gamechangers relation that CG ended

    I see Tommo is still on about people who pay (unless you pay thousands you wont even compete at top level and please dont give me im first in my shard as f2p crap), I honestly will defend those who pay or dont. I dont see eye to eye with Kyno as i believe the game makes a fortune from its playing base and it should cater for that playing base but thats a different story.

    Relic 9, omicrons etc etc is just another step in the progression of the game, it has to happen as the top players who create content will get bored and stale, so yes the game throws content out at a massive rate and thats what i disagree with. I like that Kyno defends it, im thinking of the newer, lesser players that think **** do i have to do to get there.

    R9 is recent, wait for R10 etc etc etc Wait for when Disney release new content, this is a game but it is a merchandising game, so if you follow SW you will end up paying for daft characters disney have made up.
  • As part of my complaint would be that feats are very influenced by Disney releases, so if you dont have a character, well thats ended for you. I do like conquest, i dont want specific feats like frenzy where about 3 characters have that, whats the point, make the aim of conquest that ALL can achieve but that would work against the CG merchandising approach. So about, is it like every month there are 2/3 characters? Its constant, it doesnt help anyone progress and thats the aim of the game to distract people who have targets. Yes, Tommo says its about the whales but there is no common sense approach from CG either where there are about 300 fixes to the game but theyll throw out packs to buy someone called kyle.
  • When is ea going to admit it's driving the game to P2P and rewarding the pathetic whales who drop all their cash on this?


    Wonder if Tommo uses the pathetic bots in discord or the pathetic vids that the whales provide on how to actually progress in events. Whales are whales, its a major source of funding for the game, that will never change, stop believing you will reach that level without a certain expenditure.
  • I have kind of a weird "I wonder what the dev/publisher reasoning is" question that'd be interesting to hear Doja or Crumb answer. And that's... what's up with you guys' representation of the game on the internet? Do you guys not have like a social media manager/marketing guy? If you click on the Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes logo at the top of this page, it goes to (( https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/galaxy-of-heroes )) which immediately make it look like there's been no updates since Jedi Knight Revan in October 2018, which is three whole years ago. Instead of doing just forum posts, has anyone considered posting some news on the actual game website? Even if it's just a copy of the post from the forum? I know at my job if our corporate website goes more than two weeks without some sort of a "we are busy working for you, our beloved customers" our board goes absolutely insane. And along the same line, how come a lot of the promotional videos for new characters and new events (like that awesome lil trailer for Han's Millennium Falcon, for example) don't get posted on the EAStarWars YouTube anymore? When they do get posted, they end up on EAMobileGames' channel, which makes sense, but they're also Unlisted... which makes them feel like... I dunno... like you're ashamed of them or something? Just curious about the general kind of un-unified-ness of a lot of the announcements and the general way you guys try and reach the community. Like... the Road Ahead October 2021 video is great! Why's it unlisted!? Why not post it under the News portion of the game's website. Feels weird man.



    From what i believe to be true is that CG (or maybe EA) used to have a wide selection of gamers who used to provide feedback back to CG or EA but that was scrapped...2019? 2020? Maybe a mod can clarify, but there used to be a 'between' group but now gone, so when you complain on here, the rules state you cant complain or you cant discourage people spending etc etc. So the game itself has lost a lot of gamers belief that it actually cares about them. I will constantly argue this point with anyone and it solely appears that the devs are showing no concern over their playing base.
  • Just go to answers hq and see how many fixes are meant to be looked at and then compare to how many releases/updates they do for packs, Im not going to argue that point, im not arguing people spend. I want the game to continue, to be successful, to thrive. It needs fixed.
  • LIGHTNINGDEATH88
    7 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    CG_Doja_Fett_MINI

    I thought you'd never ask!

    First and foremost, I've been actively playing this game since it hit the app store back in 2015. I love it and thank you for creating something for SW fans to connect with each other across the globe.

    1. Why hasn't Red 5 (Luke) and his X-Wing made it into the game? He literally (spoiler) blew up the Death Star in SW Episode IV. You could rework Farm Boy Luke to where when he reaches relic 8 or relic 9 he changes costumes into the orange jumpsuit. Just a thought.

    2. (Elephant in the room) Why is a new Covid variant named after a new ability mat (or visa versa)? (This question was just to dovetail on the plethora of memes currently in circulation).

    3. The community would love to see a new DS Death Star type of territory battle and maybe a corresponding LS Battle of Endor; any thoughts on creating something like that?

    4. Is there any interest in creating a new faction that is tied to the scum from Jaba's palace? For instance, a Bib Fortuna lead, Weequay (the guy who tried to push Luke into the Sarlac pit), and realigning the Gamorrean Guard into his faction, etc? I realize The Book of Boba Fett is going to produce some new characters, but just a thought.

    5. Have you considered lowering the price on ANYTHING in the game, both monetarily and through crystal currency? Some of these prices are outrageous. For instance, $30.00 for a Battle Pass, and thats just to switch data cards around "for free" and get two disc's that are mostly irrelevant for later sectors?!
    Post edited by LIGHTNINGDEATH88 on
  • 2. (Elephant in the room) Why is a new Covid variant named after a new ability mat (or visa versa)? I HIGHLY recommend you consider renaming it.

    There's a whole thread on this. Luckily for all of us, CG aren't as short-sighted.

    What was the previous variant of concern again? Can you name it? Any of them?

    In a few weeks or months the Omicron variant of Covid-19 will be long-forgotten.

    SWGOH will still be here and so will Omicron ability materials.

  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    2. (Elephant in the room) Why is a new Covid variant named after a new ability mat (or visa versa)? I HIGHLY recommend you consider renaming it.

    It was just simply a coincidence, and I doubt CG would rename their new ability material simply because there’s a virus variant of the same name.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

    Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • A few months back an update broke the audio interface. I used to be able to listen to audible books while playing the game. That is not possible anymore. I was hoping with the updates it would have been resolved. Also, I am sure you know about the display problems now with the top being cut off. Please help.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Are we returning to the old Q&As after a year of searching for something better or is the current one an exception?
  • There are so many more possible Toons/Ships, that should or could be in the game.

    B-Wing, A-Wing, the already mentioned guys from Jabbas Palace (including himself), Jar Jar (muahaha...), some other Gungans, die **** bountyhunters who attacked Luke/Ben (Ponda&Cornelius, also seen in Rogue One), more Tusken, other Rebelfighters, come on... there are trillions of possible toons...

    ... but the problem is to make this toons intresting for the whales. So, what happens normally? Powercreep or u need them at R5+ for a new super-duper toon.

    Simply bad game design and balacing by genius C(reedy)G(ames).

  • List of events on the right side of the Home Screen sucks. I’m not going to buy the conquest pass and I can’t redo the Fennec event. That’s two events stuck on there blocking out the TW going on. Many people missed signing up or setting defense for TW because there was no such notification.
This discussion has been closed.