Solicitation for Topics of Interest

Replies

  • Options
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    Stryde wrote: »
    Just want to say, digging the Beskar event so far! With official music and cut scenes, being able to play the first four tiers is a fun start to the evening.

    Topic of interest: keep up the cinematic work with events.

    I loved it. Music, animations and character models all looked good. Really captures a lot of the Season 1 moments.

    It would be nice to hear from you on some of the more difficult conversations/questions that are being raised.

    I agree. We'll have some comments out today.

    Today, really?

    They did. Didn't you see the three pre-approved corporate memos that were posted from Doja's account in each of the threads?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Where are the other two tuskens

    Okay okay, actual serious question: A while ago it was mentioned that Relics would eventually be used to unlock new abilities for characters that needed them, sort of like small reworks or touch ups for characters that needed them.
    Whatever happened to these "Relic Abilities"?
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Ultra
    11610 posts Moderator
    Options
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    Where are the other two tuskens

    Okay okay, actual serious question: A while ago it was mentioned that Relics would eventually be used to unlock new abilities for characters that needed them, sort of like small reworks or touch ups for characters that needed them.
    Whatever happened to these "Relic Abilities"?

    They've answered this in a past Q&A and said they aren't doing this anymore

    If they will, there would be an update in State of the Galaxy, Road Ahead, etc
  • Options
    Not sure if this has been raised in this thread already, but I'd love to hear more about the process through which CG (and Disney/Lucasfilm) decide on what characters to introduce and what eras to explore. I think it's cool to explore eras and build up to something big, but it'd also be nice to have some one-off characters that aren't necessarily building up to anything. That way we could start getting some of those major characters from the films/shows/games that are still missing but might not fit into any "era"!
  • DarthGlovoc
    149 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Not sure if this has been raised in this thread already, but I'd love to hear more about the process through which CG (and Disney/Lucasfilm) decide on what characters to introduce and what eras to explore. I think it's cool to explore eras and build up to something big, but it'd also be nice to have some one-off characters that aren't necessarily building up to anything. That way we could start getting some of those major characters from the films/shows/games that are still missing but might not fit into any "era"!
    Have you seen Ugnaught? He isn't going anywhere.
  • Xitarus
    54 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Though it was in passing, the Tusken question from above is something I think that needs attention.

    More specifically, There are far too many oddball characters with no synergy and are quite frankly useless. What is the point of these characters, other than inflating your overall GP? New/Alt characters know to avoid farming or leveling these, but many old accounts have overinflated GP from these characters and it puts them at a disadvantage.

    Ideally, these characters could be given some partners or at least beefed up to be somewhat useful. Or, it would be nice to be able to set a character back to lvl 1 with no skills.
  • Options
    Tuskens travel in single file to hide their numbers. There's more of them than you think.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Iddqdswgoh wrote: »
    How about... what FTP players can expect once they finally get the prerequisites for their first Galactic Legend. My first GL will be Luke but I finally just got the reqs for Jedi Knight Luke. I think I’m going to be set up for disappointment because of this dreaded ticket system that doesn’t exist for my account despite playing for 4 years. Why can’t my account earn these tickets prior to unlocking a GL? Haven’t I waited long enough as FTP light spender to unlock them? Also waiting for Jedi Knight Luke event with no set date in the oct/nov/dec calendar fills me with despair.

    I don't think JKL is a galactic legend he is a marquee character JEdi Master luke is GL so you won't need tickets for JKL.
  • TVF
    36851 posts Member
    Options
    TrippAlpha wrote: »
    Iddqdswgoh wrote: »
    How about... what FTP players can expect once they finally get the prerequisites for their first Galactic Legend. My first GL will be Luke but I finally just got the reqs for Jedi Knight Luke. I think I’m going to be set up for disappointment because of this dreaded ticket system that doesn’t exist for my account despite playing for 4 years. Why can’t my account earn these tickets prior to unlocking a GL? Haven’t I waited long enough as FTP light spender to unlock them? Also waiting for Jedi Knight Luke event with no set date in the oct/nov/dec calendar fills me with despair.

    I don't think JKL is a galactic legend he is a marquee character JEdi Master luke is GL so you won't need tickets for JKL.

    JKL is not a marquee
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    TrippAlpha wrote: »
    Iddqdswgoh wrote: »
    How about... what FTP players can expect once they finally get the prerequisites for their first Galactic Legend. My first GL will be Luke but I finally just got the reqs for Jedi Knight Luke. I think I’m going to be set up for disappointment because of this dreaded ticket system that doesn’t exist for my account despite playing for 4 years. Why can’t my account earn these tickets prior to unlocking a GL? Haven’t I waited long enough as FTP light spender to unlock them? Also waiting for Jedi Knight Luke event with no set date in the oct/nov/dec calendar fills me with despair.

    I don't think JKL is a galactic legend he is a marquee character JEdi Master luke is GL so you won't need tickets for JKL.

    A marquee character is a limited time event where any player can get 50 shards free. Then there's a period (which partly overlaps the event) where you can buy packs for more shards. Then there's a long fallow period where you can only get shards from shipments. Then it becomes farmable.

    A Galactic Legend has several required characters to unlock the event that, eventually, unlocks the character at 7* immediately. You need to farm event tickets to run the pieces of the event.

    Jedi Knight Luke is a Hero's Journey character--you need specific characters at a specific relic level to do his event and he unlocks at 7*.

    Marquees never repeat, Galactic Legends are always available once the event starts, Hero's Journeys are limited time events that recur a few times before eventually entering into the Journey Guide and being permanently available.
    Post edited by NicWester on
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I forget if I asked for this already, don't mind me if I have it's been a long holiday season and I think every day is Sunday right now, but I'd like to hear about the general future of ships. I know you guys can't say "We're going to have a raid and two Galactic Legend ships coming in February" or anything as specific as that, so that's not what I'm asking about. Nah, I just want to hear what the genral future holds, as well as talking about the recent past. It seemed that Raddus and Finalizer were going to be the start of something new, but then nothing else was released. What's up with that?

    That sort of thing. Where it's going, where we've been.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Is there a possibility we can get an update to the GAC board, or the return of 5v5 character only GAC? The current layout doesn't allow much room for defense creativity.
  • Options
    I was wondering if there is any way to implement into say the Territory Wars (TWs) or Territory Battles (TBs) guild members spectating each battle of there guild members to help them within each battle or to just watch there higher guildies crush there opponents. I think this would be a great addition to event structuring, event planning, and all around guild member help within each event. Or maybe just TWs would be a better addition instead of both TWs and TBs.

    Just an idea!
  • Options
    @DorkJediMaster

    You can do this by setting up a zoom meeting & sharing your screen.
  • Options
    I was thinking in game and not using a third party app to do so. Clash of Clans used to do it, but haven't played in some time and dont know if they still do.
  • Options
    How do you decide what gear can be converted into relic pieces?
    Since you added another relic tier and since you have been stating that the number of characters has increased and thus the gear crunch, wouldn't be completely logical to increase the amount of gear we can convert?
    There is so much gear not being utilized and so much gear that is being over used in the game.

    Bring balance!
  • TVF
    36851 posts Member
    Options
    How do you decide what gear can be converted into relic pieces?
    Since you added another relic tier and since you have been stating that the number of characters has increased and thus the gear crunch, wouldn't be completely logical to increase the amount of gear we can convert?
    There is so much gear not being utilized and so much gear that is being over used in the game.

    Bring balance!

    Why would CG want balance? They want frustration gates.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    How do you decide what gear can be converted into relic pieces?
    Since you added another relic tier and since you have been stating that the number of characters has increased and thus the gear crunch, wouldn't be completely logical to increase the amount of gear we can convert?
    There is so much gear not being utilized and so much gear that is being over used in the game.

    Bring balance!

    Why would CG want balance? They want frustration gates.

    "YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE, KYROTECH! It was said that you would destroy the gear crunch, not join it, bring balance to the gear, not leave it in darkness."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36851 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    How do you decide what gear can be converted into relic pieces?
    Since you added another relic tier and since you have been stating that the number of characters has increased and thus the gear crunch, wouldn't be completely logical to increase the amount of gear we can convert?
    There is so much gear not being utilized and so much gear that is being over used in the game.

    Bring balance!

    Why would CG want balance? They want frustration gates.

    "YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE, KYROTECH! It was said that you would destroy the gear crunch, not join it, bring balance to the gear, not leave it in darkness."

    Kyrotech got all the worst dialogue too.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    How do you decide what gear can be converted into relic pieces?
    Since you added another relic tier and since you have been stating that the number of characters has increased and thus the gear crunch, wouldn't be completely logical to increase the amount of gear we can convert?
    There is so much gear not being utilized and so much gear that is being over used in the game.

    Bring balance!

    Why would CG want balance? They want frustration gates.

    "YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE, KYROTECH! It was said that you would destroy the gear crunch, not join it, bring balance to the gear, not leave it in darkness."

    Kyrotech got all the worst dialogue too.

    c1aaf2da334d6b4be167f0119ed85d77.jpg
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    It's probably a waste of time typing this , since you will never respond but anyways.

    You have mentioned that you are doing things to help with the increase in the amount of characters.
    A HUGE issue in this game for years, is mod management and i will have to say that you have ignored the issue and it has become even worst.
    Currently I have 40 mods in my inbox and i usually spend around 100-150 crystals in mod slicing per day.
    What is your approach to this issue? How to you address something like this?
    Can't you just increase the storage each player has for mods?
    Would it be easier if you increased the drop rates on mod slicing materials? Or maybe decrease the cost to refresh your mod energy?
    Is there a plan to solve this issue?

    It is already tough to manage your mods and choose which to upgrade. It becomes even harder when your inbox is full of mods that you can use.

  • Options
    After 2+ months, I'm interested whether there is a timeline to address any of the topics in this thread.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    After 2+ months, I'm interested whether there is a timeline to address any of the topics in this thread.

    @Jakdnels there are some earlier comments about this from me and Doja.

    This is not meant to be a back and forth of direct answers to questions, but a single location where he can reference for additions and filler to communications going out. Answers or comments on things here will happen more organically over time, and not in this thread.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    After 2+ months, I'm interested whether there is a timeline to address any of the topics in this thread.

    @Jakdnels there are some earlier comments about this from me and Doja.

    This is not meant to be a back and forth of direct answers to questions, but a single location where he can reference for additions and filler to communications going out. Answers or comments on things here will happen more organically over time, and not in this thread.

    I didn't ask where or the format. I understand it's not meant to be a q&a thread and that Doja is working on something new.

    I asked if there was a timeline... an ETA. We have seen other threads like this languish and be closed with nothing palpable come to us. (Information guild leaders want, for instance)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    After 2+ months, I'm interested whether there is a timeline to address any of the topics in this thread.

    @Jakdnels there are some earlier comments about this from me and Doja.

    This is not meant to be a back and forth of direct answers to questions, but a single location where he can reference for additions and filler to communications going out. Answers or comments on things here will happen more organically over time, and not in this thread.

    I didn't ask where or the format. I understand it's not meant to be a q&a thread and that Doja is working on something new.

    I asked if there was a timeline... an ETA. We have seen other threads like this languish and be closed with nothing palpable come to us. (Information guild leaders want, for instance)

    No there is no timeline, as it's not meant to be a back and forth, just well for him to dip into as space or time are available.

    This is meant to be far less formal than that example and will languish if you think of it as a direct answer kind of scenario. Just meant to be the pool of interesting tidbits that may or may not get woven into future messages and communications, none if which will be directly related to this thread.
  • TVF
    36851 posts Member
    Options
    It's probably a waste of time typing this , since you will never respond but anyways.

    You have mentioned that you are doing things to help with the increase in the amount of characters.
    A HUGE issue in this game for years, is mod management and i will have to say that you have ignored the issue and it has become even worst.
    Currently I have 40 mods in my inbox and i usually spend around 100-150 crystals in mod slicing per day.
    What is your approach to this issue? How to you address something like this?
    Can't you just increase the storage each player has for mods?
    Would it be easier if you increased the drop rates on mod slicing materials? Or maybe decrease the cost to refresh your mod energy?
    Is there a plan to solve this issue?

    It is already tough to manage your mods and choose which to upgrade. It becomes even harder when your inbox is full of mods that you can use.

    Sell mods. I farm 3x refresh worth of mods every single day and I sell mods every single day.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
This discussion has been closed.