Gac problem

2Next

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Ripperpa wrote: »
    Man I tried to explain where the 500k helped him. If he didn't have 500k more he didn't have as much good teams and fleets, english is not my first language, sorry. Maybe it's a moral thing if I see a gl and like 500k more gp, it's just depressing. With the old system, I just liked it more.

(Hint: it did.)

Check your GAC history again, please. Your opponent (still GAC 41, rnd 3) didn't use all that extra 500k GP to win. First off your opponent didn't use a single ship on offense. Secondly your opponent only needed 36 characters on offense (along with the 33 characters and 16 ships on defense) to win. Since you have matching top-X GP where did they use all that 500k extra GP? Where?

Yes, it's probably more a matter of moral or attitude. I'd suggest that you simply ignore your opponents' total roster GP. Just ignore it. Check what teams/characters they have available when planning and setting your defense, but just ignore total roster GP.
    Post edited by Waqui on
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    At top end of div 1 almost every defence is the same, so the attack toons are almost always the same every time. No advantage in having additional things available

That's sad and imo the main reason an extra division is needed with more teams to deploy. It's not a balance issue, it's a it's boring issue.
    It's the main reason i'm not going for a 3rd GL (kylo) tbh and just hoard. The game will be less fun if i do.
    I’ll unlock JML in a few days. I will not chase my 4th GL in SEE. The love I have left for the game will totally erode if I do that.
  • Ripperpa wrote: »
    Man I tried to explain where the 500k helped him. If he didn't have 500k more he didn't have as much good teams and fleets, english is not my first language, sorry. Maybe it's a moral thing if I see a gl and like 500k more gp, it's just depressing. With the old system, I just liked it more.

I get your points, both systems as issue. I just like this one because it does a better job at what gac was supposed to be: a game mode that rewards roster depth.

In your exemple, your opponent had a few teams or the same power level as his 80th best character. It may has been on purpose and rewards roster depth. But it's not gamebreaking and is rarely useful.

In the old system, a roster with depth was punished badly. If you had about 100 good characters (let's say g11+), that you built because it didn't matter before gac, you were at serious disadvantage against someone who only took care of his top 80, without any possibility to change this situation, as you can't lose gp. It didn't reward roster depth at all and punished people who built their roster a certain way before gac even existed.

The actual is not perfect, but it does a good job imo, and so far, all other ideas were less good imo. As i said, the fact that you keep reaching kyber despite a few mishap now and then says it works pretty well imo, giving you fair opponent almost everytime.
  • 4.98m GP beats 5.56m GP and before you pin it all on fleets, I was ahead before I cleared them (with a 66 and a 55 respectively). We each dropped one squad battle along the way. His extra 580k GP meant diddly squat. I am now 11-1 for this GAC which is pretty common for me.

hc678n1ofh8x.png
  • You guys are right!
  • total GP is mostly irrelevant
    the number and quality of the meta teams is relevant
    the number of GL's is relevant and having 1 or more GL's less can make a difference (more so in 3v3 due to limited team synergies)
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Ripperpa wrote: »
    You guys are right!

Are you just looking for people to agree with you?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

I know that it may be depressing seeing that your opponent has stuff you don't have and more GP than you on top of that, but I'll say it again: that doesn't mean you can't win. Sure, the opponent has the advantage, but if you play it right and outsmart the opponent, you can still win. I've recently faced someone that had GL Rey, JKL and like 700k-1M more GP than I do (I have no GLs and no JKL). Of course I was annoyed, but I still ended up beating that person. Never give up, even if you appear to be the underdog. Just play it smart and analyze your opponent. I can promise you that you will feel even better when you end up beating those kinds of people.

I know that it may be depressing seeing that your opponent has stuff you don't have and more GP than you on top of that, but I'll say it again: that doesn't mean you can't win. Sure, the opponent has the advantage, but if you play it right and outsmart the opponent, you can still win. I've recently faced someone that had GL Rey, JKL and like 700k-1M more GP than I do (I have no GLs and no JKL). Of course I was annoyed, but I still ended up beating that person. Never give up, even if you appear to be the underdog. Just play it smart and analyze your opponent. I can promise you that you will feel even better when you end up beating those kinds of people.

Completely agree. I was recently matched with two opponents out of 8 in one round that had GL Rey for 3v3 while the rest of us didn't.

I faced one in the first round but it turns out that people with a GL and a pretty lean top 80 have holes in their roster. I was able to set a wall they couldn't clear and they kept me from clearing one. But I won on points.

The other person with GL Rey didn't make it high enough to face me. The final of that round ended up being me vs another roster quite similar to mine.

That was when I had all the req for GL palps but didn't have him unlocked. That is also when they say it is the worst. But it isn't unbeatable by any means.

I faced one in the first round but it turns out that people with a GL and a pretty lean top 80 have holes in their roster. I was able to set a wall they couldn't clear and they kept me from clearing one. But I won on points.

Exactly, that is the point. People with a GL and a pretty lean roster usually have holes somewhere. Like, they'd have a GL but for example won't have GAS, or will have very weak Revans, or will lack other "mid-tier" stuff like Geos, Traya, Rebels etc.. If you have a decent roster, but no GL, and are facing people with GLs, then this means that their GL replaces something you have that they don't. Otherwise you wouldn't get matched up with one another. You wouldn't be playing these people if they didn't have those holes. If you are the one that doesn't have a GL, then it is your task to analyze your opponent's roster and find out where their holes are, to then exploit them to your advantage. This is what the OP needs to understand. If you give up even before the battle started just because the enemy has a GL and you don't, then you probably don't deserve to win. Always do your best, and learn from your mistakes. A victory is usually not as far away as it seems.