More help (ships ships ships)

Hi everyone, I posted a few days ago. I am a f2p new player who recently hit level 60 and am currently doing Phoenix for Thrawn, the Senate, R2, CLS, Yoda. Ya know, that route. But then I unlocked ships and I feel like that’s a pretty important part of the game that I should invest some resources into. Rebels were suggested since I have the Phoenix going for me but I’ve read some other posts and am seeing geo’s are a popular route. I’m not sure which is better and am seeking any relevant advice. Side note: I think rebels seem a bit more fun than geo’s but I haven’t played either so. Thank you again for reading and any comments you may have.

Replies

• camper288
    211 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Go to the Geonosians, simply because they are from the Dark side and allow you to quickly do the challenge that releases Zeta's material. Without Han's ****, the rebels are a limited team in the ship arena.
    Always keep coins from the galactic war to catch the sun fac ship, it is a priority as it rarely appears in this store.
    You must already have Kanan and Erza, so force Bastila's farm, and two more Jedi to do the ground combat event in the first 3 degrees, this will greatly speed up the separatists and their ships.
  • Rebels are more of a #2 fleet.
    Because you need Han's Millennium Falcon to really make rebels shine.
    Han's ship is locked behind farming 4 BH ships that will take you the next 6-8 months.

Your first fleet should really be a simple DarkSide fleet lead by Executrix.
    I always suggest farming Kylo Ren Unmasked + TIE Silencer from the 3rd level of Cantina Battles.

You get a pilot & ship in the same node, that is rare, and, he's a top end tank & squad leader for First Order.

I normally suggest Ezra & Hera as first 2 Cantina Battles character farms but stopping them around L50 to start Kylo/Silencer, if you do that you'll have a few stars on him by the time you open up fleet at L60 & Silencer is the only ship in the game that you can start with above the basic starter 1* ships.

So your a little late but not so far behind that it isn't a good plan still.

To go with him you'll need 3 (Eventually 4) other DS Ships for the Executrix (Zeta Mat) challenges tiers.
    Getting Zeta mats farming open as soon as possible after it opens at I think L72 is very important.

Given how good bugs are, they should be 3 of the ships you use in a DS fleet.
    Kylo makes for a solid 4th.
    Which leaves you with 1 ship remaining, the better ships are Vader & Boba Fett both of which are needed later in the game.
    I suggest farming both since they are both RARE spawns (15% Each) from the same Fleet Node.

Most of your Fleet Currency should be spent on bot Sun Fac & his Ship.
    The character farming for Geo Soldier & Spy are both from Cantina Nodes after you get Kylo at least 4* & you can supplement with occasional shards from the fleet store. The Ships themselves are in G-War store & Fleet Store

So this is my suggestion by location.

Cantina Battles
    #1 Kylo Ren Unmasked + Silencer
    #2 Geo Soldier / Geo Spy
    #3 Ezra / Hera
    #4 Old Ben (You'll want GMYoda soon enough)
    Your going to want all of these so its best to focus on 1 for a star or 2 & then switch to another since the early stars are so much easier to farm. (80 shards for first 4* combined but 100 shards for just #7)

G-War Store
    #1 Zeb
    #2 Ships for Geo Soldier & Geo Spy
    #3 Cad Bane
    Same as above, you need Zeb up at 7* so you can attend Heroic raids w/ your guild even if its just for the free loot. You need the 2 ships to do Fleet Arena.
    And eventually you need Scoundrels for Credit Heists & if you don't have that mission open then Cad Bane at 3* is a pretty quick farm to get someone available to fill the mission.

Fleet Store
    #1 Vader's Ship, Boba's Ship (Top purchase since they are rare)
    #2 Sun Fac & His Ship (Main focus)
    Suggest buying Sun Fan & Ship as long as you have 2000 Fleet Currency but don't let it drop below 2K in case you get a few back to back spawns of Boba/Vader's ships.

This farm will give you a total of 6 ships for the DS which will get you through the Zeta challenge once you have them leveled up.

Focus on leveling the Ships first before the Capital Destroyer since they are cheaper & they are what keeps the battle going.
  • Awesome thank you guys. I will start grinding the Kylo and ship. I have all 6 and 7 star Phoenix so I will prioritize ships for a while.
  • That's great, 6* Thrawn was super easy compared to 7* Thrawn event & yet was nearly as useful.

• MasterSeedy
    5035 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I like the help Schwartzring gave to you, but ...

Be aware that the Galactic War Store plan neglects Sun Fac's ship (I'm sure it was just an accident). Sun Vac's ship is also available in the same place as the Spy & Soldier's ships. So the GW Store plan would look like:

G-War Store
    #1 Zeb
    #2 Ships for Geo Soldier & Geo Spy AND Sun Fac.
    #3 Cad Bane

If it were me, I would probably even get the Geo ships before Zeb, but I respect the advice Schwartzring is giving. Might as well go with that plan.

And since Sun Fac is available in GW Store, I wouldn't bother to buy it with Fleet currency.
  • For some reason I was thinking G-War just had Soldier & Spy, strictly an oversite, if you see Sun Fac in G-War by it there for sure.
  • Okay thanks guys. I already have 7 star Zeb so it’s grind season for them geo ships in galactic war. I’m going to get 6 star Kanan in squad arena tokens (all other Phoenix are 6 stars and G7) then I should be able to grab 6 star Thrawn. Then I’ll be able to fully focus on ships. Should I get 7 star Hera and Ezra before Kylo or nah?
  • Also the Zeb suggestion was in thinking you didn't have a 7* character yet & at least one is really useful for early game access to Heroic Pit/Tank for the Character Shards / Gear.

Since you've stated you have 7* characters, focus on the ships like MasterSeedy said.

You want a strong Top 5 fleet for good crystal income.
  • Is one 7* enough?? I have just Zeb and am like 40 away from Hera.
  • One will let you zone in, at L60 that's all you'll be able to do.
    But zoning in & hitting them once will give you a small score & get you pay out rewards.

I got Zeb to 6* just in time for my early guilds "Normal" Tank fight & then like a week later hit 7* for a "Heroic" Pit.
    Both times I zoned in, hit 1x, got smooshed, & then got rewards.

Given some time you'll get the whole team up & be able to contribute more but in the mean time you'll get some early rewards that will ehlp.
  • Okay perfect thank you!!