Best way to farm credits?

With the change to shard drop rates combined with the double drop event, I suddenly have a problem of too many things to promote/mod, and not enough credits to spend. Is there an easy way to get a lot of credits quickly? Down to less than 100k with like 10 things that need a million or more each. F2P player btw.

Replies

• RattyBatty
    94 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Galactic war is a decent source of credits.
    I'll get my first Gl...after 50 years
  • Credit heists, otherwise just the 1m that you get everyday.
  • Also, only promote what you need, not everything.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Also, only promote what you need, not everything.

I would say this. Don't put credits into characters you won't be able to gear for a while. Interestingly enough, increasing the credit crunch for new players had been predicted on the forums with the economy changes.

I would say the best source of credits (outside of making sure you have a scoundrel team for credit heist) is raids. Make sure you are in a good guild that is doing all Heroic raids and getting max tickets.

^^Super Important.

Make sure you sim Galactic War each day. That gives you an easy 600k. Do you have a scoundrel/bounty hunter team for credit heists?

^^Super Important.

Make sure you sim Galactic War each day. That gives you an easy 600k. Do you have a scoundrel/bounty hunter team for credit heists?

I'm level 81 atm so simming galactic war isn't an option, but I enjoy going through those battles anyway. As for credit heists I have a decent bounty hunter team for those. Still in a starter guild because I don't even have five 7 star characters for Heroic raids. I almost have my whole Phoenix squad up to 7 stars, just two of them that I can't afford to promote yet.
  • All you need is one 7 star toon to be eligible for heroic raid rewards. I'd recommend getting into another guild
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    All you need is one 7 star toon to be eligible for heroic raid rewards. I'd recommend getting into another guild

This. You just need 1 to be eligible to tag the raid, even for 0 damage. The important thing is getting Heroic raids frequently. You don't have to be the best as long as you get your 600 daily tickets in.
  • I can't stress enough the advise to "DON'T LEVEL EVERYONE".

Focus only on your Arena team first.

Then focus on a full 5 DS / 5 LS for clearing the LS/DS nodes.

Outside of those core 10, only level people when your adding a 3rd (or more) team for some event.

So for example. Early game might be.

Level 5 Phoenix for LS

Level 5 Empire/BH for DS

Level 3 more Jedi when going for GM.Yoda event.

Absolutely do NOT keep leveling stuff like Clone Wars Chewie or Ewok Scout or Resistance Pilot.

That stuff just sucks up your creds.

Also, the same applies to Mods.

Don't bother putting Mods on anything that you are not actively using.

Do NOT buy Mods from the store. (That is for when you've been 85 for a year & finally have creds stockpile)

Don't level MOST of the mods you get from Challenges & Events.

"Left Side" = Squares, Diamonds, & Circles
    Unless it is 5* & Green or Higher & has Speed on it at Level-1 starting stat......... SELL IT at Level-1
    Only level up the ones that start with Speed & hope it grows.
    Junk anything 1-4* here.

"Right Side" = Arrows, Triangles, & Crosses.

Arrows = ONLY keep the ones with Speed as the Primary. SELL EVERYTHING ELSE w/o leveling it.
    If you have 1-4* you can keep them for now but eventually you'll have enough 5* ones that you won't need the lower * Speed Arrows.

Triangles & Crosses. = Here is where you have to be really critical.
    Look for things that match even if they start Grey & don't show Speed.

Example. Offense Set + Offense Primary (Level this to 12 & see if Speed shows up)
    Pretty much any "Crit Damage" Primary triangle should be kept for now & leveled if its on a set that isn't blatantly for tanking like "Defense"

Don't bother leveling stuff that is a "Mismatch" like Crit Damge Set w/ Defense Primary.
    No one wants that kind of mod.
    Maybe, maybe, if its Gold & has Speed & 3 other amazing stats it might find a home but for the most part they are useless.

Potency Set Cross w/ Potency Primary = KEEP IT, even Gray, level it to 12 & hope some good secondary stats show up like speed. But that kind of Set+Primary Synergy should not be ignored.

With these tips in mind you should be selling 90% of what you get before you ever level it.
    This will increase your creds from the selling & you won't be blowing creds trying to level useless crap.
    When you've been playing for another year, you can start to get experimental with stuff & see if a Grey mod on the left side gets lucky when leveling, but for now, save the creds & focus on stuff that you see looks good at L1