Guild Debate

I’m in a Guild that does HPit and HAAT, but not hSTR. I do want to stick with this guild as we’re working together to build the guild, which is nearly done. Based on my swgoh.gg, do you think I should move guild. Most of my guild doesn’t have .gg so don’t judge my guild off that.
My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/

Replies

• A guild that refuses to do HSTR and avoids .gg on a large scale is not a keeper in the long run.
  • A guild that refuses to do HSTR and avoids .gg on a large scale is not a keeper in the long run.

We are all relatively new. I introduced the 1st 10 in our guild to .gg and discord, but some aren’t allowed.

For hSTR, we’re not powerful enough to complete it
  • We’re working towards hSTR
  • There are a lot of factors to consider.

1. How full is your current guild? A lot of guilds end up with only 30 people or so and that will hurt you a lot.

2. Of the people in your guild how active are they? Even if your guild has 50 people 10 or more of them may have not played for weeks and are not helping. Ideally you want 50 active people so you can launch raids more often.

If these are issues in your guild and they aren't being actively addressed, then it's time to move on for sure since it is likely holding you back in areas other than hstr.

If it is a full guild of active people, then it shouldn't be long before you can clear hstr since it only takes a few teams per person these days.

But it is pretty easy to find a hstr guild these days. Most only require that you use enough energy to get tickets.

So ultimately up to you.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    It's really up to you. How competitive do you want to be? How do you get enjoyment out of the game?
  • At the moment, I have a Jedi Bastila Team, soon to be JKR team, a phoenix team, an empire team (No sith involved), an ishy Seps team, and ishy Lumi lead team (1st Jedi team). I don't think I need Traya, and getting decent amount of Han and GK shards. So, I'd say no. But is there anything I'm missing.
    There are a lot of factors to consider.

1. How full is your current guild? A lot of guilds end up with only 30 people or so and that will hurt you a lot.

2. Of the people in your guild how active are they? Even if your guild has 50 people 10 or more of them may have not played for weeks and are not helping. Ideally you want 50 active people so you can launch raids more often.

If these are issues in your guild and they aren't being actively addressed, then it's time to move on for sure since it is likely holding you back in areas other than hstr.

If it is a full guild of active people, then it shouldn't be long before you can clear hstr since it only takes a few teams per person these days.

But it is pretty easy to find a hstr guild these days. Most only require that you use enough energy to get tickets.

So ultimately up to you.

1. 40 something, getting more each day

2. ~5 are inactive. After we reach 50 members, 5 days inactive = kick.

3. hSTR needs decent teams (not Phoenix / Empire below g11) so we all need time. We have 4 members with 1 relic team and 2 g12 teams. Is that enough? Will the rewards be lopsided?
  • At the moment, I have a Jedi Bastila Team, soon to be JKR team, a phoenix team, an empire team (No sith involved), an ishy Seps team, and ishy Lumi lead team (1st Jedi team). I don't think I need Traya, and getting decent amount of Han and GK shards. So, I'd say no. But is there anything I'm missing.
    There are a lot of factors to consider.

So ultimately up to you.

1. 40 something, getting more each day

2. ~5 are inactive. After we reach 50 members, 5 days inactive = kick.

3. hSTR needs decent teams (not Phoenix / Empire below g11) so we all need time. We have 4 members with 1 relic team and 2 g12 teams. Is that enough? Will the rewards be lopsided?

I would definitely keep an eye on things. With 40 members, you should be able to keep getting fresh blood. If you can't you may need to look into a merger to get rid of the dead weight.

As far as teams go, it's more about the right teams rather than relics. Relics help but they won't do it alone.

Phase one.

You'll want several jkr or jtr teams for this. You can get about 12 to 15 percent with jkr and about the same with jtr, finn, bb8, r2, and c3p0. A variant I use on my main is jtr, bb8, c3po, rex, and hoda. It can get about 60% with only 3po reliced and he's not needed at relics for it. If you have relics you can switch 5s for hoda and solo p1.

Phase 2.

Lots of teams work ok but jkr does another 15 percent here so som ef extra jkr teams are great. Shak ti and clones are a great ftp team for this phase.

Phase 3

Mt, asajj, daka, initiate (at low gear), and jka can solo this phase so you probably only need a few.

Phase 4

The phase 3 team can solo both phases at high relics but can do pretty good in p4 without relics. The key is you want to start the phase with initiate dead so you can start stacking asajj immediately. Darth revan is also decent in this phase. Extra jtr, jkr, add and shak ti teams also do ok. But probably you'll need a kitchen sink approach to finish at first.
  • Phase 2.

Lots of teams work ok but jkr does another 15 percent here so som ef extra jkr teams are great. Shak ti and clones are a great ftp team for this phase.

I heard Bastila L, GMY, Ezra, Old Ben and Jolee can solo at g11/12. How true is this
  • Phase 2.

I heard Bastila L, GMY, Ezra, Old Ben and Jolee can solo at g11/12. How true is this

Not very from what I remember. Bastilla lead does ok in p1 but not as well as jkr. And I used to run jkr in p1 into p2 to get about 15% in each phase. That was with some relics.

Now I run the jtr rex team I mentioned. I don't usually have time for a p2 team. And hope to get my p3 team in before it's over.

But Bastilla lead will probably do about 10% or so at that gear level in p1. And that's not bad.
  • Also you may consider getting a merc until you have the teams. There are plenty of late game players that will help you out for top 10 rewards guaranteed. Especially if tb isn't happening.
  • Also you may consider getting a merc until you have the teams. There are plenty of late game players that will help you out for top 10 rewards guaranteed. Especially if tb isn't happening.

Merc.? Do you mean someone who can solo the raid eg SLKR? And we do Hoth TB

Merc.? Do you mean someone who can solo the raid eg SLKR? And we do Hoth TB

Either someone that can solo the raid or has enough teams to push you over the top.

It is unlikely you'll have someone that high want to permanently join since they lose rewards from the geo tbs but typically what happens is the merc joins while tw is going on. Plays tw with your guild and helps with the raid during that week. Then they go back to their larger guild during tb.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    A variant I use on my main is jtr, bb8, c3po, rex, and hoda. It can get about 60% with only 3po reliced and he's not needed at relics for it. If you have relics you can switch 5s for hoda and solo p1.

I've actually managed a p1 solo with Rex and Fives at g12, and another time I got 95%. My Rex and Fives aren't modded the greatest either. I'd say relics on Rex would certainly help him survive (though sometimes the Fives sacrifice can help here), but if the goal is just to get through the phase and not have just 1 person solo, only 2-3 would need to get the team to g12. Of course there's some zeta investment. But if you have 2-3 top people wanting to invest in clones for GAS anyway, it would be worth it.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    A variant I use on my main is jtr, bb8, c3po, rex, and hoda. It can get about 60% with only 3po reliced and he's not needed at relics for it. If you have relics you can switch 5s for hoda and solo p1.

I've actually managed a p1 solo with Rex and Fives at g12, and another time I got 95%. My Rex and Fives aren't modded the greatest either. I'd say relics on Rex would certainly help him survive (though sometimes the Fives sacrifice can help here), but if the goal is just to get through the phase and not have just 1 person solo, only 2-3 would need to get the team to g12. Of course there's some zeta investment. But if you have 2-3 top people wanting to invest in clones for GAS anyway, it would be worth it.

I always have my 5s die too soon at g12. I find hoda keeps the team alive and if you only put masters training on 3po, helps reduce Rex's CDs even faster. I get an easy 50% that way consistently and sometimes 60%. I need to take my 5s and rex higher but haven't gotten around to it.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    crzydroid wrote: »

I always have my 5s die too soon at g12. I find hoda keeps the team alive and if you only put masters training on 3po, helps reduce Rex's CDs even faster. I get an easy 50% that way consistently and sometimes 60%. I need to take my 5s and rex higher but haven't gotten around to it.

Yeah, I didn't get the whole team to survive into p2..
    I actually had my Rex get killed and Fives do the sacrifice to restore him. But to OP, needing 1 person to consistently get a solo is not really a necessity, just need like 3 people to do more than 33.3%. I see your point about another fifth helping lower gear teams survive long enough to do more damage. But Fives is pretty easily obtainable.

I actually had my Rex get killed and Fives do the sacrifice to restore him. But to OP, needing 1 person to consistently get a solo is not really a necessity, just need like 3 people to do more than 33.3%. I see your point about another fifth helping lower gear teams survive long enough to do more damage. But Fives is pretty easily obtainable.

I find healers in general to be a must in building most teams until you have the gear to have them survive a run without one. I used to use barris as a 5th in my jtr team until they were strong enough back in the day.

And I agree that 5s is the ideal 5th. But I just haven't gotten it to work without relics. If I had time for more than one try, I'd probably play with it more. But if I miss my window, that's 17mil less and drops me out of the top 10.
  • Tysm @crzydroid and @DarkHelmet1138. I am going to pass this info over to my guild leader :)
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator

I find healers in general to be a must in building most teams until you have the gear to have them survive a run without one. I used to use barris as a 5th in my jtr team until they were strong enough back in the day.

And I agree that 5s is the ideal 5th. But I just haven't gotten it to work without relics. If I had time for more than one try, I'd probably play with it more. But if I miss my window, that's 17mil less and drops me out of the top 10.

That's all fair and I think OP's guild can evaluate what works for them until they can gear the ideal team. My point was A) that a solo is *possible* with Rex/Fives below relic level, although not necessarily consistent, and B)that if they're not caring about placement as much being a new guild just trying to get through it, that just a few people can still run the ideal team and get the guild through p1 even with the optimal team sub-relic, so to detour from farming that team for the sake of an alternate 5th isn't necessary, but of course can be left up to the player.

That's all fair and I think OP's guild can evaluate what works for them until they can gear the ideal team. My point was A) that a solo is *possible* with Rex/Fives below relic level, although not necessarily consistent, and B)that if they're not caring about placement as much being a new guild just trying to get through it, that just a few people can still run the ideal team and get the guild through p1 even with the optimal team sub-relic, so to detour from farming that team for the sake of an alternate 5th isn't necessary, but of course can be left up to the player.

True but two people with a consistent 50% is better than 100 tries on airplane mode to get good rng. At least in my opinion.

True but two people with a consistent 50% is better than 100 tries on airplane mode to get good rng. At least in my opinion.

Lol true. For me, I have a 30 minute time limit :( not enough for this game so I have to make choices.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator

But what I'm saying is two people can consistently get 50% with g12 Rex and Fives.

But what I'm saying is two people can consistently get 50% with g12 Rex and Fives.

I haven't had much luck with them at g12 but I also quit trying after I started using hoda with better results than I was having.