Jedi Knight Luke returning...

Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Is it too much to ask that you not base your farming on a cadence that doesn't exist?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • olcrcaw7oecq.jpg
    ... life day is coming.

Only for *them*. Remember last year when the festive packs in the store was the only celebration we got. That was probably the lowest *they* have ever been.
  • I think we need more threads about this issue.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Dew it 7rb7patz0pt2.png
  • NightmarePOV
    91 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    You advertised his event for the 5th year anniversary celebration video for SWGoH... And then never dropped his event during the "celebration". Seems a lot like false advertising to me. Now over a week later... its another round of GAC and still no event for him? This is ridiculous.
  • They included footage from the event in a video for the 5th anniversary (in which, logically, you could include any content from the past 5 years).

It has nothing to do with fake advertising.
  • They included footage from the event in a video for the 5th anniversary (in which, logically, you could include any content from the past 5 years).

The video was showing everything the "celebration" was including.

That is how you interpret it. That does not make it false advertising.

That is how you interpret it. That does not make it false advertising.

Well... It seems everyone else interpreted it the same way. Just read the comments under the video. However u want to interpret it... Its a dirty move on the games part.
  • Especially when hes a requirement for a galactic legend
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Cull wrote: »
    90 Days should be set in stone. Its infuriating trying to prepare for these events. I worked it perfectly for getting Hoda shards in 90 days and cg launches it on day 83!!! missed the event by 2 days. now I've been waiting 90 days and nothing?? 90 days is 4 events a year. why is this not set in stone CG!! GAME IS BORING AF WAITNG FOR YOU TO DECIDE WHEN! Its not good enough. is it too much to ask for consistency?

There is general consistency, and they even spelled it out in the release cadence, which even though he is not directly stated in, he is still fitting.

basing your farming on a non stated deadline is never a good idea. The general consensus is always to go all out (as much as you feel comfortable) for anything you want, and always try to be ready ASAP.

These events always have some wiggle room about when they are launched (but still follow a general pattern), they will never set them in stone more than they have, because that is part of the "excitement". it pushes players to focus and make choices, how that works helps them plan for next time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I think we need more threads about this issue.

dzxg4p19fhfc.gif
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »
    olcrcaw7oecq.jpg
    ... life day is coming.

Only for *them*. Remember last year when the festive packs in the store was the only celebration we got. That was probably the lowest *they* have ever been.

Lol

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/228770/content-update-05-04-2020#latest

Not to mention all the additional stay and play stuff in the month of may not included in that update.

• Cull
    22 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    90 Days should be set in stone. Its infuriating trying to prepare for these events. I worked it perfectly for getting Hoda shards in 90 days and cg launches it on day 83!!! missed the event by 2 days. now I've been waiting 90 days and nothing?? 90 days is 4 events a year. why is this not set in stone CG!! GAME IS BORING AF WAITNG FOR YOU TO DECIDE WHEN! Its not good enough. is it too much to ask for consistency?

There is general consistency, and they even spelled it out in the release cadence, which even though he is not directly stated in, he is still fitting.

basing your farming on a non stated deadline is never a good idea. The general consensus is always to go all out (as much as you feel comfortable) for anything you want, and always try to be ready ASAP.

These events always have some wiggle room about when they are launched (but still follow a general pattern), they will never set them in stone more than they have, because that is part of the "excitement". it pushes players to focus and make choices, how that works helps them plan for next time.

no such thing as general consistency. either its consistent or it isn't! I do not find it exciting in the slightest not knowing when they plan on re-releasing events months after the 1st, 2nd, 3rd release with these events either being cut short of 90 days or extended to 120 days with only 3 day notice. 4 events a year every 90 days from release is not difficult to achieve and gives the game a bit more structure allowing to players to farm with realistic time frames. That would push me to focus and make choices! and fyi, stating that I've based my farming on a non stated deadline is bad idea? my farming pattern is no different to anyone else's given there is an order to things if you want to stay competitive and most choices will be based on this (not the non stated deadline)
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

no such thing as general consistency. either its consistent or it isn't!

It's not consistent. Farm smarter.
  • Cull wrote: »
    is it too much to ask for consistency?
    Is it too much to accept a flexible cadence of 2-4 months in a game where the vast majority of obtainable items/characters has a variable attached to it (see %-based drops)?

(Apparently it is.)
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Considering the cadence is never exact, and there is precedent for events coming back "early," I never farm anything I need for a limited-time event hoping to be done on the exact day I think it will come back. Plus, how is farming for an exact day even a thing, considering rng?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • DJDrew wrote: »
    I don't think it was an official video of anyone from CG saying those toons would never be required for an event. It was hearsay in a video from AhnaldT101. He's usually right about things, but certainly possible he misheard something or was mistaken.

I also don't remember any official statement saying they wouldn't be required. I recall several speculation threads where people claimed they would or wouldn't be required but nothing official from CG.

In cases like this the simplist explanation is often the correct one. And that is that they never promised get currency characters not being a requirement and some assumed wrongly that they would not be needed.

no such thing as general consistency. either its consistent or it isn't! I do not find it exciting in the slightest not knowing when they plan on re-releasing events months after the 1st, 2nd, 3rd release with these events either being cut short of 90 days or extended to 120 days with only 3 day notice. 4 events a year every 90 days from release is not difficult to achieve and gives the game a bit more structure allowing to players to farm with realistic time frames. That would push me to focus and make choices! and fyi, stating that I've based my farming on a non stated deadline is bad idea? my farming pattern is no different to anyone else's given there is an order to things if you want to stay competitive and most choices will be based on this (not the non stated deadline)

That is the point, they want people to whale, so if they don't know when the event is coming and still want to be ready in time there's a much higher chance that they will spend. CG is a company and so strives to make a profit and having an uneven event cadence earns them money.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

Why did you plan it for exactly 90 days? There's no statement anywhere that says any limited event run will happen exactly every 90 days.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

If they bring him back (or any other events of this style) every within 80-100 days, that is consistent, just not specific. you do not need to be specific to be consistent.

Yes, it was a bad idea, you picked a number that has no basis, because there is no specific "deadline". that is bad, and can lead to the disappointment you experienced. (not them). I get that you made choices and worked the way you thought you could, but it sounds more like you based it on the 90 days, vs just being ready as soon as you could have, which might have gotten you down those 2-3 days you missed it by. anyway, now we know and you can plan more effectively next time, because they gave us the cadence and will work within that system, and they are not likely in any way to put a fixed deadline on any events of this nature.
  • Kids these days complaining about everything, back in my day we had to wait 120 days for Malak to come back. And we had to farm uphill both ways without doubled drops.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • I'm pretty sure it was uphill both ways in a snowstorm @littleMAC77.
  • Grollu wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it was uphill both ways in a snowstorm @littleMAC77.

No without double drops works better
  • Cull
    22 posts Member
    Is it too much to accept a flexible cadence of 2-4 months in a game where the vast majority of obtainable items/characters has a variable attached to it (see %-based drops)?

(Apparently it is.)

why would it be problem to have the event every 90 days?
  • Cull
    22 posts Member
    Kids these days complaining about everything, back in my day we had to wait 120 days for Malak to come back. And we had to farm uphill both ways without doubled drops.

you make it sound like Malak was released in the 70's lol
  • Cull
    22 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Why did you plan it for exactly 90 days? There's no statement anywhere that says any limited event run will happen exactly every 90 days.

You can never plan for exactly 90 days. that's what the shard store income from events worked out at for unlocking Hoda +1 days to relic. bad timing CG released on day 83 and now a delay. as much as some of you agree with the cadence or have accepted the 60-120 days I find this game incredibly tedious lately constantly waiting.

(Apparently it is.)

why is it a problem that it's not?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

(Apparently it is.)

why 90? why not 100? why not 6 months?

its not a problem, its the cadence they set forth, and its not bad by any means, and it adds a level of mystery and priority to getting your roster in order.

There is no right or wrong, it could literally be anything. They could open an event and put it right on the JG.

They want it to feel like a "win" when you get them the first few times, after that its still a win for getting the toon, but less of "win" for hitting the mark. When players miss the mark, they will usually try to plan better next time to "stay ahead" of the ball. They will never let it be set in stone for these and other reasons.