Level 44 Tips needed!!

CANI
posts Member
edited December 2020
Hey guys! I just started playing again about 3 weeks ago and need some tips and tricks to help me farm the best squads. I have attached a picture of all my hero's on this post for y'all to see what I got. Im getting back into the hang of things and understand everything that is going on, but I am not sure where I should allocate all my resources too. I also need advice on what squads to grind for and that end up becoming very powerful and difficult to beat at endgame. I started at level 30 when I downloaded the game back so I think I am making good progress. Let me know your thoughts! May the force be with you, always.
mbekmjsqu9ji.png

agfb2jlq2eka.png

a8n0akdkx8kt.png
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• If you progressed to level 30 and left for a while, you should consider restarting because you get placed in an arena shard at level 28 and if you left for a while, everyone who's still playing will be way ahead of you with no chance to catch up.
    Otherwise, I'd say keep working on your Phoenix squad and also Anakin and Asohka. For darkside, Grand Muff, Tie Fighter pilot, Geo Soldier and Kylo Unmasked will be helpful when you unlock ships.
    Mace Windu is pretty terrible, so is clone wars Chewie and Young Han.
  • camper288
    211 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    1) Join a real guild, preferably one that does all the heroic raids. (go to facebook groups for this)
    2) Place a character on the seventh star as fast as possible (possibly one of the coins of galactic war).
    3) Get allies, use the forum for that, this will help you close the nodes with simulation and at level 60 your simulation tickets are virtually infinite.
    4) Assemble a team, preferably composed of pilots of ships for you to complete the war (Phoenix or Separatists focusing on the 3 geonosians)
    5) Spend crystals with yellow refill energy to quickly level up and help your guild make the 600.
    6) Register your account at https://swgoh.gg/
  • Most of the advice so far is solid.

I would definitely consider restarting the game if you took a very long break since you are paired with players in arena who didn't take a break. And you really don't have a lot to lose at this point.

As far as getting to end game, the most ftp path is:

1. Farm Phoenix for thrawn and ep
    2. Switch to ep in arena and max ep, vader, thrawn as a core (they are needed for see anyway). Tarkin and piett are also needed so they make good 4th and 5th. Or if you prefer with, dark Bastilla is great.
    3. Farm for the revans (you could do see first but you'll need good sith to go with him anyway.
    4. Finish see requirements.

I think this path sets you up the best. You could also go for SLKR but getting enough ships for finalizer is not a quick task. And see will give you more viable teams for pvp and pve game modes.

Jml is just out of reach early game and Rey really only gives you one team as well.

Obviously this is just an outline and you should diverge for a fleet team, a raid team or two, enough of other factions for certain events, ect...

For example you should farm geo ships early for fleet and probably finish the team to the point of earning wat shards before you finish see requirements since as 4 star wat can counter GL rey with vader, gl kylo with thrawn lead and a pretaunt, and jml with Darth revan. This sets you up to be able to climb in arena long before you finish the GL requirements.
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Most of the advice so far is solid.

I would definitely consider restarting the game if you took a very long break since you are paired with players in arena who didn't take a break. And you really don't have a lot to lose at this point.

1. Get into a guild that does heroics.
    2. Farm Phoenix for thrawn and ep
    3. Switch to ep in arena and max ep, vader, thrawn as a core (they are needed for see anyway). Tarkin and piett are also needed so they make good 4th and 5th.
    4. Get R2 and then go for CLS.
    5. Go for BH + ewoks in any order for Chewie + 3po. Farm Chewpio. You now have a great CLS team — CLS, Han, Chewie, 3po, Chewpio
    6. Use GET for Hoda and Wampa
    7. Get Lando, Wiggs, and MM to 7*
    8. Get KRU, Hux, Kylo, FOO, Phasma for BB-8
    9. Go for JTR (vets, Finn, Rey and BB-8)
    10. Get GG Droids for Padmé
    11. Get Shaak, Ahsoka and Anakin for GAS
    12. Get Asajj for GAS
    13. Get Negotiator + Anakin’s Ship, Ahsoka’s Ship, and 2 more GR ships for GAS
    14. Get GAS
    15. Use GET for GAS
    16. Get JKR requirements and go for JKR
    17. Get requirements for and go for JKL
    18. Get JML
    19. Get ST, FOX, FOST, FOTP, FOSFTP
    20. Go for SLKR

I edited Dark Hemlet’s ... A Lot (what my opinion is)
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/

3. Switch to ep in arena and max ep, vader, thrawn as a core (they are needed for see anyway). Tarkin and piett are also needed so they make good 4th and 5th.
    5. Go for BH + ewoks in any order for Chewie + 3po. Farm Chewpio. You now have a great CLS team — CLS, Han, Chewie, 3po, Chewpio
    12. Get Asajj for GAS
    14. Get GAS
    15. Use GET for GAS
    18. Get JML
    20. Go for SLKR

Disagree. You have your first GL being jml which starting from scratch takes years or a house worth of equity. Better to get the easier GL and then worry about the hard one once you are stable in arena, ds tb, and half the assualt battles.

Now some of the things on the list are ok side projects where they don't interfere with the focus. Like cls can be obtained pretty easily as a side project as can chewie since you need decent bhs for a lot of events anyway.

But I still think big picture see is better for new players since you can probably finish him a year before you would finish jml.

12. Get Asajj for GAS
    14. Get GAS
    15. Use GET for GAS
    18. Get JML
    20. Go for SLKR

Disagree. You have your first GL being jml which starting from scratch takes years or a house worth of equity. Better to get the easier GL and then worry about the hard one once you are stable in arena, ds tb, and half the assualt battles.

Now some of the things on the list are ok side projects where they don't interfere with the focus. Like cls can be obtained pretty easily as a side project as can chewie since you need decent bhs for a lot of events anyway.

But I still think big picture see is better for new players since you can probably finish him a year before you would finish jml.

I'll stick to my point until SEE is buffed. I'm sorry. JML is the best when paired with the right team. Why my long-winded approach
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/

12. Get Asajj for GAS
    14. Get GAS
    15. Use GET for GAS
    18. Get JML
    20. Go for SLKR

I'll stick to my point until SEE is buffed. I'm sorry. JML is the best when paired with the right team. Why my long-winded approach

He also takes over twice as many characters, many of them req at relics.

SEE will beat jml teams easily enough. Vader, wat, thrawn, darth revan, and dark Bastilla easily beat Rey teams.
    Thrawn, vader, wat, raid han, and a pre taunt beat most kylo teams.

So with what I advised, you have a GL and counters to the other 3 in half the time as going for jml.

With your strategy, you are probably a year and a half in before you can reliably counter the GLs and another year after that before you have a GL.
  • MasterSeedy
    5035 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    There are several ships you can farm before level 60 and fleet arena. If you get them now, then on day 1 of level 60 you can rush to the top of the fleet arena ranks. You'll instantly have a regular crystal income and can use it to keep yourself ahead of everyone in all areas of the game.

Possibilities:
    • Extinction Bomber (LS 6-C; accessible at level 54) -- Comes with Veers, who is necessary long-term. Not recommended, but possible. You'll farm this node later, but probably not now.
    • IG-2000 (LS 6-E; accessible at level 54) -- a decent ship in the right context + same node grants Poggle, an important geonosian character who fits well with a Fleet-focus since the easiest fleet to acquire is a Geonosian fleet with Spy, Soldier & Sun Fac. Also required later for Han's Falcon, which is a great midgame to early-endgame ship.Light recommendation. Of course, if you don't farm right away, you'll be farming eventually anyway.
    • Imperial TIE Bomber (DS 5-A ; accessible at level 49) comes with a worthless Jedi, but has synergy with early fleet commander (Tarkin) and is Pilotless, and is an excellent early tank for various reasons. NOTE Has the earliest accessible AoE dispel to help deal with enemy ships under stealth. Level 49 is also early enough to get this ship to 5* before the beginning of fleet, so it has the chance of dominating early while others catch up. Strongly recommended. Farm ASAP.
    • Rey's Millennium Falcon (DS 5-D; accessible at level 49) comes paired with one of the two required pilots, who is also a good early toon for her ability to dish damage at relatively low gear. You would still need to get Finn from a separate source, and this ship will have no synergy with any Fleet Commander for a long time. Not recommended, but possible. It's possible never to farm this node, as Rey is available elsewhere, but you'll probably come back for this ship at some point.
    • TIE Silencer (Cantina 3-F; accessible now) -- Paired with the only pilot the ship needs, so ready to rock. A strong attacker with decent survivability. No synergy with early commanders, but worth it because the pilot (Kylo Ren Unmasked, or KRU) is so useful for so much of the early to mid game, and then becomes useful again once you get to the very-very-endgame where you have acquired SLKR, one of the Galactic Legends. There's a small gap in there where he is not relevant to what you want to do, but he does help you early and late, so there's never a need to regret getting and gearing him. Strongly recommended. Farm ASAP
    • Vulture Droid (LS 4-D; accessible now) -- Pilotless!! Paired with worthless IG-86, but that doesn't matter. This ship rocks, and it's available before any others in Regular Energy Battles. With no pilot to gear it's always going to be on the bleeding edge of best ships. Works fine with Tarkin, and thus can pair well with TIE Bomber in the earliest days. Strongest Possible recommendation.

Strongly recommended Pilots:
    KRU (Get for free with TIE Silencer, accessible now)
    Geonosian Spy (Cantina 4-D; accessible now)
    Geonosian Soldier (Cantina 1-A; accessible now)
    Sun Fac: Guild Store (Accessible now, begin purchasing now)

Now the ships for the Geonosians are available in the Galactic War store, but it won't allow you to purchase them until level 60, IIRC. So farm up the TIE Silencer, since it's the only Cantina-energy farm ship available to you right now. But even if TIE Silencer isn't fully 7* when you hit level 60, you probably want to switch to farming Spy for a while to get that pilot up to useful gear as soon as possible because the blueprints for Spy's ship are going to flow in fast from GW. Once Spy is 5* or so, you can switch back to TIE Silencer to finish that ship, then back to Spy to finish that pilot. This will give you the maximum chance to get to the top early and stay there. Two strong 5-star ships will probably outcompete one strong 7-Star ship, at least for a while. There is balancing to be done, but that's probably the best way to do it.

Geonosian Soldier will be the last of the Three early pilots to max out. That farm should go very, very quickly since Geo Soldier is a double-drop toon and he costs the least Cantina energy per attempt possible. You won't be waiting for him long. His ship is also available through the GW store & you'll be farming it simultaneously with the Spy ship.

Sun Fac might be done by the time you hit level 60, but might not. This largely depends on whether you get yourself into a good guild. Make sure that your guild is beating both the Heroic Rancor raid and the Heroic AAT raid. If they are also completing Heroic Sith Triumvirate Raid that's best, but not required at your level. I know you won't be able to meaningfully contribute to killing the raid, but just getting 600 raid tickets per day is a contribution to the guild and many guilds have a tradition of bringing in under-leveled players and helping them along in exchange for those tickets.

Finally, Sun Fac's ship is also in Galactic War. It too can be farmed simultaneously with the other Geonosian ships. If you're completing Galactic War every day, there should be no problem with collecting all of them before level 70.

This means that at level 70 you should have easily maxed out Vulture, TIE Bomber, TIE Silencer, and the 3 Geonosian ships. You might have also maxed out IG-2000 which is probably the best next step in Regular Energy ship farms.

This combination of ships, especially because of having 2 pilotless ships, should enable you to easily complete new challenges the first day they become available, including the zeta challenge, which is incredibly important and will let you get a jump on your character development. Although not all great abilities require zetas, and not all zetas are great abilities, there are many abilities that will completely transform a squad that can only be had with zetas.