Kit Reveal: Moff Gideon

Replies

• Fizz_El wrote: »
    So given he needs 4 IT's to be really effective, is he useless in 3v3 GAC?
    He won’t get the 30% Max Health / Max Prot. The rest of his Lead still applies.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Interesting kit, and very unique leader. Looks like he's target #1 when facing an imp trooper team.

Do raid bosses have the leader tag? Would make quite a difference in a raid. I'm guessing TB, GC, and assault battles have these on the leader of each stage/battle.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • [*] Imperial Trooper allies gain 40% Offense and revive with 50% Health and Protection the first time they are defeated each encounter

Do each one of these revives count as a “defeat” to trigger the Wall of Stormtroopers zeta?

I would imagine so based on the wording but some clarification would be nice.
    @CG_Doja_Fett ?

I like that Gideon amps offense rather than crit chance, as the expose mechanic on Stormtrooper could actually be quite powerful now. Mod him for as little crit chance as possible and you can rack up the exposes with assists and counters (if you use Range Trooper).

• Decado
    99 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    [*] Imperial Trooper allies gain 40% Offense and revive with 50% Health and Protection the first time they are defeated each encounter

Do each one of these revives count as a “defeat” to trigger the Wall of Stormtroopers zeta?

I doubt it. The wording is not "When an ally is defeated", its for "for each defeated", and the ally will be alive due to the revive.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Decado wrote: »
    [*] Imperial Trooper allies gain 40% Offense and revive with 50% Health and Protection the first time they are defeated each encounter

I doubt it. The wording is not "When an ally is defeated", its for "for each defeated", and the ally will be alive due to the revive.

This.

A "defeated ally", has to be dead.

This is the same with Deathtroopers 'Terminate' ability, to land deathmark an enemy has to be dead.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Special 1: DARKSABER LUNGE (Cooldown 4)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Armor Shred for the rest of the battle.

So this kit looks absolutely nuts, but I just would like to know, why is that extra clause in there? Armor Shred has always been permanent whether or not it's stated in the kit description, although it does drop each encounter as opposed to each battle, but that doesn't seem like it would ever be relevant unless we get Gideon as a PvE enemy in a multi-encounter setting, such as TB or a raid.

What about the rancor? Would it persist through phases since its the same enemy?
  • Does he have to have 4 stacks of insight AND use his basic to gain access to the special ability? It sounds like it does if you read the basic, but it sounds like you don't have to if you read the insight description.
  • [*] Imperial Trooper allies gain 40% Offense and revive with 50% Health and Protection the first time they are defeated each encounter

Yes, the way it's worded it sounds exactly like with the Nightsisters, it still counts as a death and then immediate revive.
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Since Gideon doesn't have a GL tag you can throw him under SLKR and he works great there (gets huge TM gain fast, then uses Control the Situation and SLKR can do mad damage). And you can't really use him effectively vs SLKR. Nasty.

Will be interesting, though, to see SLKR be not only the best Sith leader but also show off his powers as the best Empire leader.
    Post edited by dgree on
  • If he pushes JML and SEE lineups, I don’t want to hear anyone say that those two don’t need buff to their kits.
  • So, working with all Dark Side allies for a Leader is fun and should be done more

Does the TM reset happen post or during damage? Does this completely counter GG and Anakin Bonus turns? Wouldn't this also counteract the TM train for Troopers under Veers?
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    So Gideon lead, Piett support, shoretrooper tank, with deathtrooper and snowtrooper is the ideal team I'm guessing?

The 30% Hp/prot is not worth using a tank.

I disagree
    Extra TM on Shoretrooper will help keep a train rolling
    Train + leadership trigger > another damage dealer
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    If he pushes JML and SEE lineups, I don’t want to hear anyone say that those two don’t need buff to their kits.

Gideon looks like a fantastic character, and will likely be a good addition for SEE, but even better for SLKR which is the issue with SEE in his current state. Anything useful for SEE other than specifically something that synergises with him, will just be better for SLKR due to the general power level of SLKR by comparison and his catch all DS lead.
  • He has a powerful kit, but be is a huge disappointment to me.
    I hoped he will bring into play unused Empire characters like Krennic, Tarkin, Saxon, Royal Guard
  • Jenoke76 wrote: »
    He has a powerful kit, but be is a huge disappointment to me.
    I hoped he will bring into play unused Empire characters like Krennic, Tarkin, Saxon, Royal Guard

I mean, you can absolutely run him with Krennic/Tarkin, Saxon/RG, TFP and Super Commando. Or even with leftover FO and Sith. As long as you run 2 attackers with a support and a tank, you don't lose anything important except for the revive mechanic.
  • Zanir wrote: »
    Jenoke76 wrote: »

Empire will have exactly 20 toons with Gideon.

2 Trooper squads. An all-star team of Palp, Vader, Thrawn, TIE, Tarkin.

What's left is Krennic, IPD, ISC, Gar Saxon, Royal Guard. Could make for a back row team that people might underestimate. But really, you can mix and match whatever you like. Vader/Palp might go with other Sith, Thrawn is plug'n'play...

I love the Empire faction, so I welcome Gideon's addition, he'll make toons like Stormtrooper and Magmatrooper useful, and when was the last time you heard "Magmatrooper" and "useful" next to each other?

I could also see him with Phasma, FOST, and the two FO pilots. Great if you don't have SLKR and would rather use Lobster on a Sith team.
  • Mass TM removal with no restrictions... What could go wrong
  • Seems like a great lead. Not sure whether to put piett with giddeon or veers.

Just a quick one. Does stacks of emperors trap count as buffs and therefore give the 10% tm gain under veers leadership?
  • Jenoke76 wrote: »

I mean, you can absolutely run him with Krennic/Tarkin, Saxon/RG, TFP and Super Commando. Or even with leftover FO and Sith. As long as you run 2 attackers with a support and a tank, you don't lose anything important except for the revive mechanic.

You also lose the stacks of insight and offense bonuses. You don't want to run him as lead unless he's with troopers. +
  • Starslayer
    2408 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Question about Swgoh math:

Gideon gives a -50% offense debuff.

If a character has +30% offense due to a leader buff or watnot, with Gideon's debuff, it's now a +30-50= -20% offense debuff instead, correct ?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Question about Swgoh math:

Gideon gives a -50% offense debuff.

If a character has +30% offense due to a leader buff or watnot, with Gideon's debuff, it's now a +30-50= -20% offense debuff instead, correct ?

From my understanding, yes.
  • Hey peeps :)

How about a slight rework to Death Trooper's Krennic Guard, to make it apply to Gideon?
    Either that or a brand new ability?
  • Zanir wrote: »
    Jenoke76 wrote: »

Empire will have exactly 20 toons with Gideon.

2 Trooper squads. An all-star team of Palp, Vader, Thrawn, TIE, Tarkin.

What's left is Krennic, IPD, ISC, Gar Saxon, Royal Guard. Could make for a back row team that people might underestimate. But really, you can mix and match whatever you like. Vader/Palp might go with other Sith, Thrawn is plug'n'play...

We could use another capable Trooper to replace DT, so you can put him with Krennic. Krennic/DT/Gar/ISC/+1 would be an interesting team if they weren't so terrible. It'd be nice if they were made useful for once, although I don't have any of them geared up (except DT).
    I love the Empire faction, so I welcome Gideon's addition, he'll make toons like Stormtrooper and Magmatrooper useful, and when was the last time you heard "Magmatrooper" and "useful" next to each other?

Way back when I needed a Traya counter, and Magma/Thrawn answered the call.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Does he have to have 4 stacks of insight AND use his basic to gain access to the special ability? It sounds like it does if you read the basic, but it sounds like you don't have to if you read the insight description.

No, once you have 4 or more stacks the ability is granted, no need to use his basic.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    So Gideon lead, Piett support, shoretrooper tank, with deathtrooper and snowtrooper is the ideal team I'm guessing?
    This would probably be the ideal team for arena, but in GAC you may want to split up your troopers to make two teams (Gideon, Stormtrooper, Magmatrooper, Death Trooper, Range Trooper/Veers, Starck, Piett, Shoretrooper, Snowtrooper).
  • Seems the -50% offense all around and control power of the kit may help a SEE lead big time, but I'm not an Emperor's expert.