Kit Reveal: Moff Gideon

124Next

Replies

• That explains everything! Thanks Doja for the super fast response. I'll be sure to clarify that in my character review tomorrow. Also, shoutout to Kyno for the fast response too. :)
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Oh i thought the leader ability for all imperial trooper didn't need those specific conditions

Basically, he has no leadership ability if you don't have 2 DS Attackers + 1 DS Tank

which is pretty underwhelming, and it means in 3v3 or when you are two shotting this team, its a lot easier to take down making this into an offense only IT team

Unless you use Gideon and troopers elsewhere
  • For further clarification, the "also" goes between "allies are" and "Imperial Troopers:"
  • If I’m not misunderstanding, then it seems to me like in most situations he’s better off not being in the leader slot.
  • This guy requires no mk5 stunguns and only 1 mk3 carbanti...omg
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Oh i thought the leader ability for all imperial trooper didn't need those specific conditions

Basically, he has no leadership ability if you don't have 2 DS Attackers + 1 DS Tank

which is pretty underwhelming, and it means in 3v3 or when you are two shotting this team, its a lot easier to take down making this into an offense only IT team

Unless you use Gideon and troopers elsewhere

Yeah he is a great toon but his lead is pretty awful. Its not worth squad B IT to get it and veers is still better lead. Not worth the zeta at all.

His special and unique are amazing for a plug and play though.
  • @Kyno @CG_Doja_Fett please Change the AI! Gideon open with darksaber (which is overall more a flavour move from Season 1 as you already explained at Developer Insights) is really bad. Yes some toons arent good with AI, but you already good some right. I mean imagine Nest would Not open with aoe Daze/TM setback etc. Given Gideon a strong Kit ist good (but i overall would suggest to Change him like hux, means not working as Plug &Play and is more about using with Empire or Troopers only, cause his lead already favour this Theme) but If its the case that AI open with Darksaber Special First he misses his best move and will clearly be bad for GAC/TW Performance or only result into a cool Fan villian from Mandalorian that is only usefull on Player control/Attack...
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    MD_Geist wrote: »
    please Change the AI! Gideon open with darksaber (which is overall more a flavour move from Season 1 as you already explained at Developer Insights) is really bad.
    Seconded
  • MD_Geist wrote: »
    will clearly be bad for GAC/TW Performance or only result into a cool Fan villian from Mandalorian that is only usefull on Player control/Attack...

He was before because imp troopers are terrible on defense and if you kill someone die and come at the match again a lot of his leader is gone.
  • Since this is worded wrong on release and I've made my investment as such, can I get my zeta back @CG_Doja_Fett ?

b1qwl48869qn.png
  • MD_Geist wrote: »
    @Kyno @CG_Doja_Fett please Change the AI! Gideon open with darksaber (which is overall more a flavour move from Season 1 as you already explained at Developer Insights) is really bad. Yes some toons arent good with AI, but you already good some right. I mean imagine Nest would Not open with aoe Daze/TM setback etc. Given Gideon a strong Kit ist good (but i overall would suggest to Change him like hux, means not working as Plug &Play and is more about using with Empire or Troopers only, cause his lead already favour this Theme) but If its the case that AI open with Darksaber Special First he misses his best move and will clearly be bad for GAC/TW Performance or only result into a cool Fan villian from Mandalorian that is only usefull on Player control/Attack...

Very unlikely to happen. They did the same with Padme, presumably because they don't want a low-investment team that hits well above its weight class on offense to also also hold well on defense. And honestly, I'm glad there is a downside to plugging him into GL teams.
  • Love this character, but his AOE attack should have been the E-Web volley not his pistol.....just saying
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    MD_Geist wrote: »
    Kyno CG_Doja_Fett please Change the AI! Gideon open with darksaber (which is overall more a flavour move from Season 1 as you already explained at Developer Insights) is really bad. Yes some toons arent good with AI, but you already good some right. I mean imagine Nest would Not open with aoe Daze/TM setback etc. Given Gideon a strong Kit ist good (but i overall would suggest to Change him like hux, means not working as Plug &Play and is more about using with Empire or Troopers only, cause his lead already favour this Theme) but If its the case that AI open with Darksaber Special First he misses his best move and will clearly be bad for GAC/TW Performance or only result into a cool Fan villian from Mandalorian that is only usefull on Player control/Attack...

Very unlikely to happen. They did the same with Padme, presumably because they don't want a low-investment team that hits well above its weight class on offense to also also hold well on defense. And honestly, I'm glad there is a downside to plugging him into GL teams.

So, we were not told directly no it will not change, but yes this seems to be "intentional" for his AI to not use that first and use the skill he does. The +/- of a marquee toon, you could say.
  • AhnaldT101 wrote: »
    I have another another mechanics question for you all to help me figure out regarding Gideon's lead. Are the two sentences independent of each other inside the lead? Sentence one is in regards to requiring certain classes to earn the 30% Health and Protection bonus. Second sentence is in regards to being all Imperial Troopers. The question came up during the stream whether to get the offense, revive, and insight bonuses you need to satisfy the Dark Side Support, 2 Attackers, 1 Tank AND also all allies be Imperial Troopers. Or do you just need Imperial Troopers regardless of class tags to get those bonuses? It seems you only need the right class tags for the Health and Protection bonuses. Seems like it should be independent of the Imperial Trooper bonuses.

On stream I brought in all Imperial Troopers and not the correct class requirements and I was not getting the appropriate Insight stacks when enemy leaders were taking turns. I understood that I would not get the health and protection bonus but I assumed we satisfied the all Imperial Trooper requirements so I should get the other bonuses.

In case a video reference would help, you can see the question show up at the battle starting at 1:00:45 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGromcY2P4A&feature=youtu.be

We never got any Insight when an enemy leader takes a turn.

Both conditions must be met. Somewhere between text review and going live, the word "also" decided to go on vacation. I filed a bug on it and hopefully it'll get updated in a future release.

Lmao...well that’s just ridiculous. Now he’s next to useless as a leader is 3v3, and his utility is pretty much destroyed now. Bravo CG....bravo
  • I agree that his utility as a lead in 3v3 is ruined, but as far as 5v5 he wasn’t going to be used as a lead for anything but troopers, anyway. So the only part of his lead that changed is that you have to use the correct troopers instead of random ones. That’s similar to the Padme team where you get bonuses for using specific toons. If you’re using him with anything other than troopers, the lead was never a good option.
  • Frankly I find the gripe here about "also" to be overly pedantic. It was clear to me how the leader ability worked from the outset.
  • Frankly I find the gripe here about "also" to be overly pedantic. It was clear to me how the leader ability worked from the outset.

Well that was because that’s how you read it.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • @CG_Doja_Fett.
    MOFF GIDEON bugged interaction with Palpatine lead??

Can you clarify what is supposed to happen with Palpatine lead and Gideon on Gideon’s 1st turn as regards TM gain from the Palpatine lead?

Specifically, I’m referring to Palpatine’s leadership ability that grants 20% TM to empire allies when they inflict a debuff during their turn. Gideon inflicts “demoralize” debuff at the beginning of his first turn. This debuff can’t be resisted. As such, Gideon should gain 100% TM when facing 5 enemies, which is the equivalent of granting him an immediate 2nd turn.

However after extensive use of Palpatine lead and Gideon in the Galetic war, it appears that Gideon is NOT gaining any TM from inflicting the debuff demoralize. You should be able to replicate this easily.

So, is this a bugged interaction with Palpatine lead + Gideon, or is there something I’m missing in the kits?

Thank you for the response.
    Dathomir

jjvp1lgm7zzh.png

In the screen shot above, Gideon has just completed his 1st turn. He inflicted Demoralize on 5 enemy toons. As you can see from the pic his TM shows that he has received ZERO benefit from the Palpatine lead.
  • BioHazard
    123 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    @CG_Doja_Fett.
    MOFF GIDEON bugged interaction with Palpatine lead??

Can you clarify what is supposed to happen with Palpatine lead and Gideon on Gideon’s 1st turn as regards TM gain from the Palpatine lead?

Specifically, I’m referring to Palpatine’s leadership ability that grants 20% TM to empire allies when they inflict a debuff during their turn. Gideon inflicts “demoralize” debuff at the beginning of his first turn. This debuff can’t be resisted. As such, Gideon should gain 100% TM when facing 5 enemies, which is the equivalent of granting him an immediate 2nd turn.

However after extensive use of Palpatine lead and Gideon in the Galetic war, it appears that Gideon is NOT gaining any TM from inflicting the debuff demoralize. You should be able to replicate this easily.

So, is this a bugged interaction with Palpatine lead + Gideon, or is there something I’m missing in the kits?

Thank you for the response.
    Dathomir

jjvp1lgm7zzh.png

In the screen shot above, Gideon has just completed his 1st turn. He inflicted Demoralize on 5 enemy toons. As you can see from the pic his TM shows that he has received ZERO benefit from the Palpatine lead.

I don't think there is any bug. Yes, Moff Gideon is gaining 100% turn meter, but demoralized is applied at the start of his turns. At the start of any unit's turns, they already have 100% turn meter. So all Palpatine lead is doing is giving him 100% overflow, which does not equate to another turn. He would only take another turn if demoralized was applied at the end of his turn (like how he would gain 100% turn meter by applying 5 dazes using submissive volley).