odds to get shards from a battle

what are the odds to get an specific shard from a battle, either using sim tickets or fight the complete battle.
Cause sometimes I can use 10 tickets to get only 2 shards.. will the odds be higher playing the battle ?

Replies

• The overall odds appear to be about 1 in 3, and it doesn't appear to matter if you sim or not.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • djwarcr
    176 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Qeltar wrote: »
    The overall odds appear to be about 1 in 3, and it doesn't appear to matter if you sim or not.
    so, every 3 battles or sim to get 1 shard ?
    I fought 10 to get 2... is taking forever

• Well, it's an average. On average you should get 3.3 shards every 10. Sometimes you'll get 3, sometimes 2 or 1 or 0. Sometimes 4 or 5 or more. But on average, that's what I have found.
  • It is definitely not 1/3. It's more like 1/4 or 1/5. So if you're getting 2 in 10, then it seems to be on par with what to expect.
  • thats more like it...
  • It seems to me, anecdotally at least, the shard drop rates are better in Cantina battles than in LS/DS battles.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • I completed 10 missions in Cantina for Kylo, and the more shards I have, the less luck I have in a sustematic way. Last batch of ten gave me 1 shard.

Incentives to buy pack? Charged dices? Or bad luck?
  • I found it usefull to exit the battle and reenter. Seems to me you can get into a "bad environment". If it's not dropping, reenter and you might get better odds. But it might be just a feelling. Not enough energy to do reliable testing.
  • Bad luck. Earlier today I did 10 battles and got 1 shard. Just now I did 5 battles and got 4.
    It's random. Overall, the odds appear to be roughly 1 in 3.
    I started with him as soon as the update appeared on Friday, and my energy was near full. Have done two recharges per day, so that's 36 tries per day. 4 days, so 144, and I have levelled twice, that's 9 more tries, total of 153. In that time I've earned 55 shards. 36%.
  • I'm noticing about 30% farming kylo. Sometimes I go 10 Sims with only 2 or 3 other times I'll get 4 or 5. It seems to average about 30% for me anyway.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • Nicks075 wrote: »
    I'm noticing about 30% farming kylo. Sometimes I go 10 Sims with only 2 or 3 other times I'll get 4 or 5. It seems to average about 30% for me anyway.

Ditto. Around 1/3 for me.
  • I would say 1:3 to 1:4 is right in there.. At least for me.
  • I hate the odds in this game..i had full energy, I was in need of 5 of the same gear for JC
    I spent the whole energy and I only got 3 gears... can you imagine...amazing
  • I've spent a whole refill and only gotten one before and that's not even in a purple item. RNGessus is a mean, evil God. The dark side is strong in him/her
  • mine was not purple either