New packs in store. Wrong direction

Prev1
Ravens1113
3072 posts Member
edited December 2020
90pmqchay8by.png
7ucu6vz4oxjs.png

Ok so...the first pack for crystals, I don’t mind it. I see the value. Even at terrible pills from RNG, you still get the 3300 crystals on value, but the $50 pack...idk I think you get better value buying $50 on crystals, running the chance card and then enjoy the other 4400 crystals.

Personally the other deals for $5 and $10 with the chance of the core gear needs to be offered more often.

Replies

  • Personally, I'm not a fan of the "bloat packs" (i.e. Moff Gideon) - the extra $10 for mostly trash gear and a day and half worth of crystals is just a pointless upcharge. The $9.99 packs for Kuill and IG11 are much better value.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    27419 posts Member
    Buy what you like, ignore what you don't, problem solved.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Buy what you like, ignore what you don't, problem solved.

    Perhaps if they sold more of what we liked and offered more micro transactions, there would be more people buying. Always appreciate the cynical replies there TVF
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Buy what you like, ignore what you don't, problem solved.

    Perhaps if they sold more of what we liked and offered more micro transactions, there would be more people buying. Always appreciate the cynical replies there TVF
    That’s just guesswork from you, though, isn’t it?

    This is a decision faced by hundreds of companies. Charge less and hope more buy it, or keep things as they are.

    I’m going to bet that this is not a decision the devs take lightly and that they have solid market research backing up their pricing policy.

    Remember: if they started selling things for 10% of the price, they’d need 10 times as many people to buy them.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Buy what you like, ignore what you don't, problem solved.

    Perhaps if they sold more of what we liked and offered more micro transactions, there would be more people buying. Always appreciate the cynical replies there TVF
    That’s just guesswork from you, though, isn’t it?

    This is a decision faced by hundreds of companies. Charge less and hope more buy it, or keep things as they are.

    I’m going to bet that this is not a decision the devs take lightly and that they have solid market research backing up their pricing policy.

    Remember: if they started selling things for 10% of the price, they’d need 10 times as many people to buy them.

    Or just make more types of packs available. The packs they offer are the same ones over and over again at ridiculous amounts. Look at MSF. Why not introduce energy packs? Why not introduce the $1.99 packs for 25 stun salvage or 50 shards of a toon like idk...Baze or Paploo? Even someone like the RH Bros.

    They aren’t going to lose money by offering packs to entice spending from people would wouldn’t mind spending a few bucks a week or a month on the game. MSF utilizes that pretty well honestly.
  • Kyno
    28142 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Buy what you like, ignore what you don't, problem solved.

    Perhaps if they sold more of what we liked and offered more micro transactions, there would be more people buying. Always appreciate the cynical replies there TVF
    That’s just guesswork from you, though, isn’t it?

    This is a decision faced by hundreds of companies. Charge less and hope more buy it, or keep things as they are.

    I’m going to bet that this is not a decision the devs take lightly and that they have solid market research backing up their pricing policy.

    Remember: if they started selling things for 10% of the price, they’d need 10 times as many people to buy them.

    Or just make more types of packs available. The packs they offer are the same ones over and over again at ridiculous amounts. Look at MSF. Why not introduce energy packs? Why not introduce the $1.99 packs for 25 stun salvage or 50 shards of a toon like idk...Baze or Paploo? Even someone like the RH Bros.

    They aren’t going to lose money by offering packs to entice spending from people would wouldn’t mind spending a few bucks a week or a month on the game. MSF utilizes that pretty well honestly.

    And do they make the same monthly as this game? (I honestly dont know)

    As DarjeloSalas said, there are many choices on how to do this and they seem to be following some model, and it does seem to be working for them.

    Honestly, yes, offering different packs like you are suggesting would probably not balance out to the net profit they see now, as each purchase would be considered by many spenders, and if it was in any way "cheaper" to get the pack than to purchase through the current model they use, that's a loss.

    It's a balance to not only entice new people to spend (as you are suggesting), but to not "lose" the current base of spending, otherwise it's a net loss for them to do so.
  • TVF
    27419 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Buy what you like, ignore what you don't, problem solved.

    Perhaps if they sold more of what we liked and offered more micro transactions, there would be more people buying. Always appreciate the cynical replies there TVF

    It's irrelevant though. They do what they do. Making a complaint thread changes nothing.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Buy what you like, ignore what you don't, problem solved.

    Perhaps if they sold more of what we liked and offered more micro transactions, there would be more people buying. Always appreciate the cynical replies there TVF

    It's irrelevant though. They do what they do. Making a complaint thread changes nothing.

    As you say, anecdotal. It’s a discussion thread. Not a complaint thread. Keep on keeping on.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Buy what you like, ignore what you don't, problem solved.

    Perhaps if they sold more of what we liked and offered more micro transactions, there would be more people buying. Always appreciate the cynical replies there TVF

    It's irrelevant though. They do what they do. Making a complaint thread changes nothing.

    So you're suggesting feedback doesn't matter?Interesting take.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Iy4oy4s
    2222 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Buy what you like, ignore what you don't, problem solved.

    Perhaps if they sold more of what we liked and offered more micro transactions, there would be more people buying. Always appreciate the cynical replies there TVF
    That’s just guesswork from you, though, isn’t it?

    This is a decision faced by hundreds of companies. Charge less and hope more buy it, or keep things as they are.

    I’m going to bet that this is not a decision the devs take lightly and that they have solid market research backing up their pricing policy.

    Remember: if they started selling things for 10% of the price, they’d need 10 times as many people to buy them.

    Or just make more types of packs available. The packs they offer are the same ones over and over again at ridiculous amounts. Look at MSF. Why not introduce energy packs? Why not introduce the $1.99 packs for 25 stun salvage or 50 shards of a toon like idk...Baze or Paploo? Even someone like the RH Bros.

    They aren’t going to lose money by offering packs to entice spending from people would wouldn’t mind spending a few bucks a week or a month on the game. MSF utilizes that pretty well honestly.

    And do they make the same monthly as this game? (I honestly dont know)

    As DarjeloSalas said, there are many choices on how to do this and they seem to be following some model, and it does seem to be working for them.

    Honestly, yes, offering different packs like you are suggesting would probably not balance out to the net profit they see now, as each purchase would be considered by many spenders, and if it was in any way "cheaper" to get the pack than to purchase through the current model they use, that's a loss.

    It's a balance to not only entice new people to spend (as you are suggesting), but to not "lose" the current base of spending, otherwise it's a net loss for them to do so.

    Well according to sensor tower, MSF made 6 million more then SWGOH in NOV....and it’s been like that for a while now.
  • TVF
    27419 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Buy what you like, ignore what you don't, problem solved.

    Perhaps if they sold more of what we liked and offered more micro transactions, there would be more people buying. Always appreciate the cynical replies there TVF

    It's irrelevant though. They do what they do. Making a complaint thread changes nothing.

    So you're suggesting feedback doesn't matter?Interesting take.

    Feedback like this? Yeah, I think it doesn't matter in the slightest.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Buy what you like, ignore what you don't, problem solved.

    Perhaps if they sold more of what we liked and offered more micro transactions, there would be more people buying. Always appreciate the cynical replies there TVF
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Buy what you like, ignore what you don't, problem solved.

    Perhaps if they sold more of what we liked and offered more micro transactions, there would be more people buying. Always appreciate the cynical replies there TVF

    It's irrelevant though. They do what they do. Making a complaint thread changes nothing.

    So you're suggesting feedback doesn't matter?Interesting take.

    Feedback like this? Yeah, I think it doesn't matter in the slightest.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Buy what you like, ignore what you don't, problem solved.

    Perhaps if they sold more of what we liked and offered more micro transactions, there would be more people buying. Always appreciate the cynical replies there TVF

    So telling CG what we want to spend money on doesn’t help in the slightest? Got it. Why should a company like CG ever value feedback that lays out exactly what it’s customers want and what they want to buy?
  • But the things you want are things like a fully crafted stun gun for $5.

    Most feedback is useful, but is it really news to the devs that someone is willing to pay $2 for 25 stun gun salvage? That’s not even 40% of the current Crystal equivalent price.

    I mean, I’d love to buy 20 of each type of signal data for £5, but I don’t think there’s much point campaigning for that deal to appear in the shop.
  • But the things you want are things like a fully crafted stun gun for $5.

    Most feedback is useful, but is it really news to the devs that someone is willing to pay $2 for 25 stun gun salvage? That’s not even 40% of the current Crystal equivalent price.

    I mean, I’d love to buy 20 of each type of signal data for £5, but I don’t think there’s much point campaigning for that deal to appear in the shop.

    Well, there should be a point to asking for it. MSF has great deals all the time, that the 3000 power core deal for $5....that’s about $40 worth. MSF has been making tons more money for months now over swgoh, so swgoh needs to adapt to get some of that market share. I’ve spend $20 in the last year and a half here because the packs are trash....I don’t even want to look at the same time period for MSF....yikes!
  • Not sure why you guys keep bringing up a different game. I don’t play it, so the analogies are wasted on me.
  • Not sure why you guys keep bringing up a different game. I don’t play it, so the analogies are wasted on me.

    They are both in the same market space, so just because you don’t play it, doesn’t mean we still can’t compare the two.

    Would you pay .99¢ for one pull of a 1299 crystal marquee pack? I would, and bygone, would you look at that, MSF is offering just that right now.
  • Sebek
    1283 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Not sure why you guys keep bringing up a different game. I don’t play it, so the analogies are wasted on me.

    They are both in the same market space, so just because you don’t play it, doesn’t mean we still can’t compare the two.

    Would you pay .99¢ for one pull of a 1299 crystal marquee pack? I would, and bygone, would you look at that, MSF is offering just that right now.

    Well, you would, not all of us
    Join the Dark Side, We Have Cookies.
    Join the Light Side, We Have Wookies.
  • Sebek wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Not sure why you guys keep bringing up a different game. I don’t play it, so the analogies are wasted on me.

    They are both in the same market space, so just because you don’t play it, doesn’t mean we still can’t compare the two.

    Would you pay .99¢ for one pull of a 1299 crystal marquee pack? I would, and bygone, would you look at that, MSF is offering just that right now.

    Well, you would, not all of us

    Really?

    Because by comparison, MSF is out gaining SWGOH lately because they have both micro and macro transactions. SWGOH doesn’t know how to do that. You have MSF offering 400 shards of toons that are old by over a year for $25. For $9.99 you can get 15 veers, magma and storm trooper shards a piece for $10. How’s that math work?

    SWGOH has so much untapped resource potential but refuses to use it. If only they cared as much as they did when MSF launched, they wouldn’t be having less revenue than MSF
  • Sebek
    1283 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Not sure why you guys keep bringing up a different game. I don’t play it, so the analogies are wasted on me.

    They are both in the same market space, so just because you don’t play it, doesn’t mean we still can’t compare the two.

    Would you pay .99¢ for one pull of a 1299 crystal marquee pack? I would, and bygone, would you look at that, MSF is offering just that right now.

    Well, you would, not all of us

    Really?

    Because by comparison, MSF is out gaining SWGOH lately because they have both micro and macro transactions. SWGOH doesn’t know how to do that. You have MSF offering 400 shards of toons that are old by over a year for $25. For $9.99 you can get 15 veers, magma and storm trooper shards a piece for $10. How’s that math work?

    SWGOH has so much untapped resource potential but refuses to use it. If only they cared as much as they did when MSF launched, they wouldn’t be having less revenue than MSF

    Don't they have like 600 Shards for a Character to be 7 Stars, plus Red Stars
    Join the Dark Side, We Have Cookies.
    Join the Light Side, We Have Wookies.
  • Sebek wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Not sure why you guys keep bringing up a different game. I don’t play it, so the analogies are wasted on me.

    They are both in the same market space, so just because you don’t play it, doesn’t mean we still can’t compare the two.

    Would you pay .99¢ for one pull of a 1299 crystal marquee pack? I would, and bygone, would you look at that, MSF is offering just that right now.

    Well, you would, not all of us

    Really?

    Because by comparison, MSF is out gaining SWGOH lately because they have both micro and macro transactions. SWGOH doesn’t know how to do that. You have MSF offering 400 shards of toons that are old by over a year for $25. For $9.99 you can get 15 veers, magma and storm trooper shards a piece for $10. How’s that math work?

    SWGOH has so much untapped resource potential but refuses to use it. If only they cared as much as they did when MSF launched, they wouldn’t be having less revenue than MSF

    Don't they have like 600 Shards for a Character to be 7 Stars, plus Red Stars

    Yes, but the trade off is the lesser gear reqs.

    Irregardless, the bottom line is that MSF knows how to entice spending with micro transactions and by offering what it’s players want, while also offering the “kraken snacks”.

    SWGOH seems bent on only utilizing the macros.
  • Kyno
    28142 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Not sure why you guys keep bringing up a different game. I don’t play it, so the analogies are wasted on me.

    They are both in the same market space, so just because you don’t play it, doesn’t mean we still can’t compare the two.

    Would you pay .99¢ for one pull of a 1299 crystal marquee pack? I would, and bygone, would you look at that, MSF is offering just that right now.

    Well, you would, not all of us

    Really?

    Because by comparison, MSF is out gaining SWGOH lately because they have both micro and macro transactions. SWGOH doesn’t know how to do that. You have MSF offering 400 shards of toons that are old by over a year for $25. For $9.99 you can get 15 veers, magma and storm trooper shards a piece for $10. How’s that math work?

    SWGOH has so much untapped resource potential but refuses to use it. If only they cared as much as they did when MSF launched, they wouldn’t be having less revenue than MSF

    Don't they have like 600 Shards for a Character to be 7 Stars, plus Red Stars

    Yes, but the trade off is the lesser gear reqs.

    Irregardless, the bottom line is that MSF knows how to entice spending with micro transactions and by offering what it’s players want, while also offering the “kraken snacks”.

    SWGOH seems bent on only utilizing the macros.

    Which is choices they have both made, I would wager that over the long run, GOH will still be the one who made more money over the lifetime of the game.

    That said, who knows if/how they might change the model here, but it's hard to say they dont know how to make a profit, or entice spending.
  • Nikoms565
    13696 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Not sure why you guys keep bringing up a different game. I don’t play it, so the analogies are wasted on me.

    They are both in the same market space, so just because you don’t play it, doesn’t mean we still can’t compare the two.

    Would you pay .99¢ for one pull of a 1299 crystal marquee pack? I would, and bygone, would you look at that, MSF is offering just that right now.

    Well, you would, not all of us

    Really?

    Because by comparison, MSF is out gaining SWGOH lately because they have both micro and macro transactions. SWGOH doesn’t know how to do that. You have MSF offering 400 shards of toons that are old by over a year for $25. For $9.99 you can get 15 veers, magma and storm trooper shards a piece for $10. How’s that math work?

    SWGOH has so much untapped resource potential but refuses to use it. If only they cared as much as they did when MSF launched, they wouldn’t be having less revenue than MSF

    Don't they have like 600 Shards for a Character to be 7 Stars, plus Red Stars

    Yes, but the trade off is the lesser gear reqs.

    Irregardless, the bottom line is that MSF knows how to entice spending with micro transactions and by offering what it’s players want, while also offering the “kraken snacks”.

    SWGOH seems bent on only utilizing the macros.

    Which is choices they have both made, I would wager that over the long run, GOH will still be the one who made more money over the lifetime of the game.

    That said, who knows if/how they might change the model here, but it's hard to say they dont know how to make a profit, or entice spending.

    Oh come on. I normally agree with you, but if you leave the "SW" off the "GOH" (like you did - perhaps ironically), you know - as do most people, that this game would not be making near the profit nor "enticing spending" at the rate it has. Let's at least be intellectually honest here - it's the "Star Wars" part of this game that is the primary reason for its success long-term. Not it's "tremendous" structure, player-friendliness, or oceans of content.
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    27419 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I like when players think they know how to make more money for a company than the company itself.

    "Oh hey guys, check out this forum post. Why didn't we think of it ourselves?"

    These are things you want. That doesn't make them better for CG.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I like when players think they know how to make more money for a company than the company itself.

    "Oh hey guys, check out this forum post. Why didn't we think of it ourselves?"

    These are things you want. That doesn't make them better for CG.

    Normally, I would agree with your point. But Ravens brings up a fair point. When a competitor in the same market space is out-earning CG (and doing it with a weaker IP), there might be areas where CG could improve.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    27419 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I like when players think they know how to make more money for a company than the company itself.

    "Oh hey guys, check out this forum post. Why didn't we think of it ourselves?"

    These are things you want. That doesn't make them better for CG.

    Normally, I would agree with your point. But Ravens brings up a fair point. When a competitor in the same market space is out-earning CG (and doing it with a weaker IP), there might be areas where CG could improve.

    And why do you think they aren't doing it?
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I like when players think they know how to make more money for a company than the company itself.

    "Oh hey guys, check out this forum post. Why didn't we think of it ourselves?"

    These are things you want. That doesn't make them better for CG.

    Normally, I would agree with your point. But Ravens brings up a fair point. When a competitor in the same market space is out-earning CG (and doing it with a weaker IP), there might be areas where CG could improve.

    And why do you think they aren't doing it?

    Because they don't think they have to because "Star Wars". And if what Iy4oy4s posted above is accurate, then CG/EA might need to take a look at that particular business strategy.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    28142 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Not sure why you guys keep bringing up a different game. I don’t play it, so the analogies are wasted on me.

    They are both in the same market space, so just because you don’t play it, doesn’t mean we still can’t compare the two.

    Would you pay .99¢ for one pull of a 1299 crystal marquee pack? I would, and bygone, would you look at that, MSF is offering just that right now.

    Well, you would, not all of us

    Really?

    Because by comparison, MSF is out gaining SWGOH lately because they have both micro and macro transactions. SWGOH doesn’t know how to do that. You have MSF offering 400 shards of toons that are old by over a year for $25. For $9.99 you can get 15 veers, magma and storm trooper shards a piece for $10. How’s that math work?

    SWGOH has so much untapped resource potential but refuses to use it. If only they cared as much as they did when MSF launched, they wouldn’t be having less revenue than MSF

    Don't they have like 600 Shards for a Character to be 7 Stars, plus Red Stars

    Yes, but the trade off is the lesser gear reqs.

    Irregardless, the bottom line is that MSF knows how to entice spending with micro transactions and by offering what it’s players want, while also offering the “kraken snacks”.

    SWGOH seems bent on only utilizing the macros.

    Which is choices they have both made, I would wager that over the long run, GOH will still be the one who made more money over the lifetime of the game.

    That said, who knows if/how they might change the model here, but it's hard to say they dont know how to make a profit, or entice spending.

    Oh come on. I normally agree with you, but if you leave the "SW" off the "GOH" (like you did - perhaps ironically), you know - as do most people, that this game would not be making near the profit nor "enticing spending" at the rate it has. Let's at least be intellectually honest here - it's the "Star Wars" part of this game that is the primary reason for its success long-term. Not it's "tremendous" structure, player-friendliness, or oceans of content.

    its a luxury item, the same could be said for any high end car company. Them knowing what they have as a product, and effectively marketing that are all hand in hand.

    and what you are saying "proves my point", they made the choices they made and MSF made the ones they did, because they dont have "the product" that would produce the same or similar results with the same strategy. They needed a different strategy, while SWGOHs does not "need it". I'm not saying they couldn't make more money if they did make more packages, and maybe they will, but over the lifetime of this game if they had done that, it would have hurt them more than help them. I mean, why buy a new vault, when i can just buy exactly what i need for a fraction of the money spent (even if it was almost identical price per element) [as an example].

    In the end if SWGOH and MSF follow similar trajectories, SWGOH will overall make more money. is that due to the SW title, yes, but it also has to do with the way they "entice spending" and the strategies they used. it is more than just the title of the game.

    maybe "we" are wrong and SWGOHs has been doing it wrong this whole time, but they have been hugely successful and have avoided the strategy that has been suggested multiple times. Something tells me the people who are paid to analyze this stuff and make these strategies, know a thing or 2 and that is possibly a thing or 2 more than we do.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Not sure why you guys keep bringing up a different game. I don’t play it, so the analogies are wasted on me.

    They are both in the same market space, so just because you don’t play it, doesn’t mean we still can’t compare the two.

    Would you pay .99¢ for one pull of a 1299 crystal marquee pack? I would, and bygone, would you look at that, MSF is offering just that right now.

    Well, you would, not all of us

    Really?

    Because by comparison, MSF is out gaining SWGOH lately because they have both micro and macro transactions. SWGOH doesn’t know how to do that. You have MSF offering 400 shards of toons that are old by over a year for $25. For $9.99 you can get 15 veers, magma and storm trooper shards a piece for $10. How’s that math work?

    SWGOH has so much untapped resource potential but refuses to use it. If only they cared as much as they did when MSF launched, they wouldn’t be having less revenue than MSF

    Don't they have like 600 Shards for a Character to be 7 Stars, plus Red Stars

    Yes, but the trade off is the lesser gear reqs.

    Irregardless, the bottom line is that MSF knows how to entice spending with micro transactions and by offering what it’s players want, while also offering the “kraken snacks”.

    SWGOH seems bent on only utilizing the macros.

    Which is choices they have both made, I would wager that over the long run, GOH will still be the one who made more money over the lifetime of the game.

    That said, who knows if/how they might change the model here, but it's hard to say they dont know how to make a profit, or entice spending.

    Oh come on. I normally agree with you, but if you leave the "SW" off the "GOH" (like you did - perhaps ironically), you know - as do most people, that this game would not be making near the profit nor "enticing spending" at the rate it has. Let's at least be intellectually honest here - it's the "Star Wars" part of this game that is the primary reason for its success long-term. Not it's "tremendous" structure, player-friendliness, or oceans of content.

    its a luxury item, the same could be said for any high end car company. Them knowing what they have as a product, and effectively marketing that are all hand in hand.

    and what you are saying "proves my point", they made the choices they made and MSF made the ones they did, because they dont have "the product" that would produce the same or similar results with the same strategy. They needed a different strategy, while SWGOHs does not "need it". I'm not saying they couldn't make more money if they did make more packages, and maybe they will, but over the lifetime of this game if they had done that, it would have hurt them more than help them. I mean, why buy a new vault, when i can just buy exactly what i need for a fraction of the money spent (even if it was almost identical price per element) [as an example].

    In the end if SWGOH and MSF follow similar trajectories, SWGOH will overall make more money. is that due to the SW title, yes, but it also has to do with the way they "entice spending" and the strategies they used. it is more than just the title of the game.

    maybe "we" are wrong and SWGOHs has been doing it wrong this whole time, but they have been hugely successful and have avoided the strategy that has been suggested multiple times. Something tells me the people who are paid to analyze this stuff and make these strategies, know a thing or 2 and that is possibly a thing or 2 more than we do.

    See that last thing you said, the strategies. Have you noticed lately that with MSF out earning SWGOH, that CG has released some better packs lately? Namely the $5 and $10 packs of the core gear bundles. They released those twice for a reason. It made them money. It didn’t break the economy either. It gave players a great value in terms of gear and also made CG lots of money I’m sure.

    Do they “need” to do anything? No, it’s Star Wars. It doesn’t take a degree in business management though to WANT more money, and similar packs would do just that. I’m not spending $50 on a pack that doesn’t offer that value the other $5/10 core gear bundles do. I’ll buy crystals if that’s the case. So why wouldn’t they WANT to make more money by getting dolphins and minnows to pay.
    I’ve spent big on this game in the past but stopped with JTR. Since then I’ve spent maybe $400 since then, most of that recently to push during double drops for JML.

    By comparison I spent that much on MSF the last month (for symbiotes albeit but still). And let’s not think Marvel isn’t a massive grab in and of itself.
  • Kyno
    28142 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Not sure why you guys keep bringing up a different game. I don’t play it, so the analogies are wasted on me.

    They are both in the same market space, so just because you don’t play it, doesn’t mean we still can’t compare the two.

    Would you pay .99¢ for one pull of a 1299 crystal marquee pack? I would, and bygone, would you look at that, MSF is offering just that right now.

    Well, you would, not all of us

    Really?

    Because by comparison, MSF is out gaining SWGOH lately because they have both micro and macro transactions. SWGOH doesn’t know how to do that. You have MSF offering 400 shards of toons that are old by over a year for $25. For $9.99 you can get 15 veers, magma and storm trooper shards a piece for $10. How’s that math work?

    SWGOH has so much untapped resource potential but refuses to use it. If only they cared as much as they did when MSF launched, they wouldn’t be having less revenue than MSF

    Don't they have like 600 Shards for a Character to be 7 Stars, plus Red Stars

    Yes, but the trade off is the lesser gear reqs.

    Irregardless, the bottom line is that MSF knows how to entice spending with micro transactions and by offering what it’s players want, while also offering the “kraken snacks”.

    SWGOH seems bent on only utilizing the macros.

    Which is choices they have both made, I would wager that over the long run, GOH will still be the one who made more money over the lifetime of the game.

    That said, who knows if/how they might change the model here, but it's hard to say they dont know how to make a profit, or entice spending.

    Oh come on. I normally agree with you, but if you leave the "SW" off the "GOH" (like you did - perhaps ironically), you know - as do most people, that this game would not be making near the profit nor "enticing spending" at the rate it has. Let's at least be intellectually honest here - it's the "Star Wars" part of this game that is the primary reason for its success long-term. Not it's "tremendous" structure, player-friendliness, or oceans of content.

    its a luxury item, the same could be said for any high end car company. Them knowing what they have as a product, and effectively marketing that are all hand in hand.

    and what you are saying "proves my point", they made the choices they made and MSF made the ones they did, because they dont have "the product" that would produce the same or similar results with the same strategy. They needed a different strategy, while SWGOHs does not "need it". I'm not saying they couldn't make more money if they did make more packages, and maybe they will, but over the lifetime of this game if they had done that, it would have hurt them more than help them. I mean, why buy a new vault, when i can just buy exactly what i need for a fraction of the money spent (even if it was almost identical price per element) [as an example].

    In the end if SWGOH and MSF follow similar trajectories, SWGOH will overall make more money. is that due to the SW title, yes, but it also has to do with the way they "entice spending" and the strategies they used. it is more than just the title of the game.

    maybe "we" are wrong and SWGOHs has been doing it wrong this whole time, but they have been hugely successful and have avoided the strategy that has been suggested multiple times. Something tells me the people who are paid to analyze this stuff and make these strategies, know a thing or 2 and that is possibly a thing or 2 more than we do.

    See that last thing you said, the strategies. Have you noticed lately that with MSF out earning SWGOH, that CG has released some better packs lately? Namely the $5 and $10 packs of the core gear bundles. They released those twice for a reason. It made them money. It didn’t break the economy either. It gave players a great value in terms of gear and also made CG lots of money I’m sure.

    Do they “need” to do anything? No, it’s Star Wars. It doesn’t take a degree in business management though to WANT more money, and similar packs would do just that. I’m not spending $50 on a pack that doesn’t offer that value the other $5/10 core gear bundles do. I’ll buy crystals if that’s the case. So why wouldn’t they WANT to make more money by getting dolphins and minnows to pay.
    I’ve spent big on this game in the past but stopped with JTR. Since then I’ve spent maybe $400 since then, most of that recently to push during double drops for JML.

    By comparison I spent that much on MSF the last month (for symbiotes albeit but still). And let’s not think Marvel isn’t a massive grab in and of itself.

    they only make more money if anyone who would have made a purchase of any size still makes that. so if they offer something 'smaller', and someone buys that, now they need to have more 'minnows and dolphins' purchase just to "break even". its not always as simple as they offer it and its more money.

    I fully expect a "different strategy" to follow after the economy changes are "done", that will fall in line with what they want to happen, or what they think will work.

    but none of that or what you are saying proves or shows that they do not know how to market the product they have, and will continue to do so. and certainly not that they would make more money by changing the way suggested here.

    I'm not arguing that MSF doesn't have a grab, but they didn't seem to be as big a hit when they rolled out, and the fact that they are now making more, but still less than SWGOHs was at this point in their timeline back in the day, shows that their strategy while working for them, doesn't mean it would have worked better for SWGOHs throughout its lifetime.
Sign In or Register to comment.