HRST unfair for top guilds

Mugz722
21 posts Member
edited December 2020
The HRST has been out for a long time and many guilds have more than mastered it. People can solo it now and it will only get worse with R8 release. Please either make it simable so people in competitive guilds aren’t screwed out of rewards(out of top 10 the rewards suck!). If not that can you even out the reward some, even if you just do it for guilds that meet a specific criteria first.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• And when I say even out the rewards I mean bump up rewards for people out of the top 10, do not nerf the top rewards
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    From what they have said simming this raid is a long ways off.

Fyi - if/when they do finally even out rewards, they will lower the top end and bring up the rest. We saw this when they tried to fix HAAT rewards.
  • I figure unfortunately that’s what they will do with rewards. With that said I still think it sucks. We have TW’s and TB’s where the whole guild gets a rewards. I love GAC, but it’s my guild that keeps we playing.
  • Would it be better if everyone got the same reward? Maybe, but then, why would anyone even try? Who would carry the load? Probably the same few people each time. Those few people should get a little extra, don't you think?

Man, I thought I was gonna defend evening out the rewards... -.-
  • Rebmes wrote: »
    Would it be better if everyone got the same reward? Maybe, but then, why would anyone even try? Who would carry the load? Probably the same few people each time. Those few people should get a little extra, don't you think?

Man, I thought I was gonna defend evening out the rewards... -.-

Under that rational how ever does TB/TW get finished?

Do the few carry the load for the many there?

Do they get extra for carrying the load if they do?

He's got a point.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Why did the rewards structure suddenly become unfair just because (one or many) players can now solo the raid? If the structure was fair before why not after? Players have been "screwed out of (top-10) rewards" ( @Mugz722' words) for years. Why is that suddenly a problem now that players can solo the raid?

In guilds where many players solo the raid every time (raid after raid) the rewards get distributed more evenly since in case of ties the order is random. Why is that unfair? And how exactly would "evening out" the rewards be any different (other than allowing players to score zero/low and still receive OK rewards)?

Yes, more total rewards would be nice for your guild. Agreed. But what's the reasoning behind your request?
  • Mugz722
    21 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I think it was unfair before. But with so many people soloing the raid the fact that it’s unfair is amplified. I mean their are guilds were more then 10 people solo it and people are randomly assigned Worse rewards. Many guild rotate who can get top 10, but that’s sucks too because players are required to get less rewards.
    As for people that say if the whole guild gets the same good rewards that only a few will carry the group. I’d say those people need to find a new guild then. My guild keeps me active and engaged, honestly there are times I may have quit without then. If my guild mates upgrade their toon we all benefit from that, helps in TB and TW.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Mugz722 wrote: »
    I think it was unfair before. But with so many people soloing the raid the fact that it’s unfair is amplified. I mean their are guilds were more then 10 people solo it and people are randomly assigned Worse rewards. Many guild rotate who can get top 10, but that’s sucks too because players are required to get less rewards.
    As for people that say if the whole guild gets the same good rewards that only a few will carry the group. I’d say those people need to find a new guild then. My guild keeps me active and engaged, honestly there are times I may have quit without then. If my guild mates upgrade their toon we all benefit from that, helps in TB and TW.

Just as many are randomly assigned better rewards than they used to win.
    The guild as a whole wins the exact same amount of rewards as always - it's just distributed more evenly among all those who can solo the raid.
    I believe that some of your guild mates actually like that they can now have a slice of the cake now that they can solo the raid and that it's not always the same players in top-10 every raid keeping the whole cake for themselves.

• Waqui wrote: »
    Why did the rewards structure suddenly become unfair just because (one or many) players can now solo the raid? If the structure was fair before why not after? Players have been "screwed out of (top-10) rewards" ( @Mugz722' words) for years. Why is that suddenly a problem now that players can solo the raid?

In guilds where many players solo the raid every time (raid after raid) the rewards get distributed more evenly since in case of ties the order is random. Why is that unfair? And how exactly would "evening out" the rewards be any different (other than allowing players to score zero/low and still receive OK rewards)?

Yes, more total rewards would be nice for your guild. Agreed. But what's the reasoning behind your request?

It wasn't fair before. That's actually the bigger point. Many more non "tip of the spear" guilds are just realizing now. That said, the real issue is the (now) mutli-layered gear crunch that CG has engineered through added gear levels and their respective recipes (many g12+ pieces not only require "HSith gear", but gear from earlier bottleneck points - carbanti, stun guns, cuffs, etc.)

The complaints about raid rewards really just stem from the fact that raids, relatively speaking, are throwing scraps to anyone outside of the top 10 (HSith most especially). That simply is resulting in gear-starved players fighting ravenously over the scraps that drop.

TL;DR - the larger issue is the multiple gear bottlenecks that CG has created - some which build on each other. CG hasn't done enough to alleviate the gear crunch as the need for higher-level gear has increased with more characters, higher requirements, etc.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

It wasn't fair before. That's actually the bigger point. Many more non "tip of the spear" guilds are just realizing now. That said, the real issue is the (now) mutli-layered gear crunch that CG has engineered through added gear levels and their respective recipes (many g12+ pieces not only require "HSith gear", but gear from earlier bottleneck points - carbanti, stun guns, cuffs, etc.)

The complaints about raid rewards really just stem from the fact that raids, relatively speaking, are throwing scraps to anyone outside of the top 10 (HSith most especially). That simply is resulting in gear-starved players fighting ravenously over the scraps that drop.

Yes, but why now? The fact that more and more players are now able to solo the raid actually solves this issue. What's the issue now? The only issue I see now is, that the players who used to have the whole cake now have to share it with their fellow guild members.
  • Waqui wrote: »

Yes, but why now? The fact that more and more players are now able to solo the raid actually solves this issue. What's the issue now? The only issue I see now is, that the players who used to have the whole cake now have to share it with their fellow guild members.

It’s probably a bit of the opposite as well. People who were formerly relegated to taking low ranks are now able to solo the raid - and feel that their rewards should be improving as a result.
    For those players I imagine it feels a bit like a kick in the teeth to solo the raid and still not take top ranks as a result.
  • Exactly kello
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2020

Because the players who have had the whole cake to themselves for months and months and months are already very far ahead of their fellow guild members. When a new raid (or new "tier", as apparently the case will be) drops they'll be able to to jump to the top of that heap and reap top rewards sooner as well.

Full disclosure - I'm one of my guild finishing in the top 10 of HSith regularly. I also am one of the people that pointed out this flaw back when CG first changed HSith rewards to be so top heavy.

The rich get richer and the people in the guild that need the rewards to build their roster can never catch those in the guild who are reaping the highest rewards - and , because of the obvious concerns, those with the top rewards can't "donate" that top gear to the lesser players anyway.

Raids are supposed to be a guild accomplishment. Not a competition within the guild. But the reward structure of Hsith has made them the latter, not the former. As I said, I benefit from the poorly designed, top-heavy reward structure - but I can still see it's not a good system.

And before anyone suggests that guilds should rotate solos or stronger players should "lay back" once in a while, or damage or timing caps or any other silly guild guidelines to "help" the situation, I would suggest that it shouldn't be on the guilds and their leadership to attempt to mitigate a poorly designed payout structure for an event that is supposed to be a combined guild effort.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »

It’s probably a bit of the opposite as well. People who were formerly relegated to taking low ranks are now able to solo the raid - and feel that their rewards should be improving as a result.
    For those players I imagine it feels a bit like a kick in the teeth to solo the raid and still not take top ranks as a result.

Sometimes they will rank high among the ones who solo - sometimes low. It all evens out as time goes by.
    Players who used to rank low every raid now do win better rewards now that they can solo the raid - maybe not every raid but most raids.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

In guilds where many players solo the raid every time (raid after raid) the rewards get distributed more evenly since in case of ties the order is random. Why is that unfair? And how exactly would "evening out" the rewards be any different[...] ?

Because the players who have had the whole cake to themselves for months and months and months are already very far ahead of their fellow guild members. When a new raid (or new "tier", as apparently the case will be) drops they'll be able to to jump to the top of that heap and reap top rewards sooner as well.

Full disclosure - I'm one of my guild finishing in the top 10 of HSith regularly. I also am one of the people that pointed out this flaw back when CG first changed HSith rewards to be so top heavy.

The rich get richer and the people in the guild that need the rewards to build their roster can never catch those in the guild who are reaping the highest rewards - and , because of the obvious concerns, those with the top rewards can't "donate" that top gear to the lesser players anyway.

Raids are supposed to be a guild accomplishment. Not a competition within the guild. But the reward structure of Hsith has made them the latter, not the former. As I said, I benefit from the poorly designed, top-heavy reward structure - but I can still see it's not a good system.

And before anyone suggests that guilds should rotate solos or stronger players should "lay back" once in a while, or damage or timing caps or any other silly guild guidelines to "help" the situation, I would suggest that it shouldn't be on the guilds and their leadership to attempt to mitigate a poorly designed payout structure for an event that is supposed to be a combined guild effort.

This is a different issue than the one described by OP. OP discusses top guilds and solos. And that many solos amplifies the problem with the reward structure. I disagree. When many guild members can solo the raid it actually solves the problem, you describe. Raid rewards are now automatically distributed more evenly among the guild members who solo the raid every time. Hence my question: Why now?

But OK, OP also wants increased rewards in general (for rank 11 and lower) and not just a more even distribution - and who wouldn't want more rewards?