New Account help

Hi, I just started a new f2p account (shhh I bought the Anakin and Dooku starter packs because they were just a few dollars, pls don't tell lol) and I am going the separatist route. I had some questions about the separatists and the account. swgoh.gg linked below.
1. Obviously your goal is Padme, is this a realistic goal with the basic Sep team (Dooku, Nute, Poggle, geo soldier, magna)?
2. After Padme, should I go straight for General Skywalker, or should I go for Revans?
3. I am also building up some Republic/Jedi toons because I like Anakin, will need a team for Padme, and I need to win some light side nodes to farm gear. I have Anakin, Ahsoka, Fives. Who should my other two toons be until I get C3PO, GK, Padme? (Maybe Bastila??)
4. I assume Sep route for ships also (geos, KRU + ship, vulture droid)?
5. Is there anything I am missing or should know?
6. Anyone want to be my friend :) 245-638-798

Thank you for reading, any and all advice is welcome!!
https://swgoh.gg/p/245638798/

Replies

• First, there is no need for a new account, so don't throw away your money.
    You can start with separatists, first order, hunters or phoenix.
    Starting with the Separatists includes making a Nute, Dooku and Geonosians team so the Dooku package will help.
    Do the basics, find a real guild, get codes from allies in the forum and register your account at swgoh.gg and choose a character and put him on the seventh star as soon as possible.
  • You are on the right track. I'll try and answer your questions:
    1. Yes, you can definitely get Padme with that team. You may want to use geonosians, though. They are more viable and will make the event easier. But, if you use that team, (nothing wrong with that) sub in B2 for geo soldier, and possibly Ventress for Poggle. So start with that team you wrote down, and as you gain access to Ventress (squad arena shipments after you finish Nute) and B2 (when you clear up space in your cantina farms), move those two into the team.
    2. After you unlock Padme 7*, your roster won't really be developed enough to effectively push for General Skywalker. Likely, you will have a separatist team around g11, and a padme team around g10-11 as your main teams. So, yes, getting the Revans would be a great choice while you gear up your new Galactic Republic arena team. You could even sneak in some Phoenix->Empire->CLS Rebels if you'd like.
    3. That is a good idea. You will likely get Padme befoe Kenobi, so Fives will be a good substitute until then. In the meantime, make sure you are in a good guild running heroic raids regularly. Your padme team will be: Padme, Anakin, Ahsoka, Grand Master Yoda, Fives/Kenobi. Getting Yoda won't be a problem. Bastila(great jedi lead), Anakin, Ahsoka, maybe jolee(needed for JKR, just like Bastila), maybe mace(you will get him at 4* for free, and he's an easy farm in the squad arena shipments).
    4. That is perfect! As soon as you unlock his cantina level, pause your cantina farms and farm KRU. You get his shards, as well as blueprints for his ship, so you can get his ship leveled up very high before you even unlock fleet arena. A 5* TIE silencer will give you a big lead over others in your shard. Geo ships are fantastic, and they work great with the vulture droid coming off the bench. Now that I think of it, it would probably be better to go with Geos to start, instead of Nute lead seps. They can still unlock padme, and you get their ships nice and leveled up. I would have Nute lead them until you get GBA, and keep Dooku in there for a while for his stuns. I cannot stress enough how important fleet arena is. You get mad crystals if you rank high, and if you start now, you should get top 50 no problems, especially with some good geo ships and a good TIE Silencer.
    5. For a beginning player, you seem to be very knowledgeable about this game. Good luck :) Remember, these are suggestions made by a stranger on the internet. Feel free to take your own path, and at the end of the day, games are about having fun, not about having the greatest, most immaculate way of playing. But, you asked for advice, so there you go.

Hope this helps you out
  • Awesome thank you so much!! That is really good advice. I literally just unlocked KRU and his ship so I will start farming that now. The goal is 5 star ships for zeta mats right? You need five 5* I think?
  • Brad107 wrote: »
    Awesome thank you so much!! That is really good advice. I literally just unlocked KRU and his ship so I will start farming that now. The goal is 5 star ships for zeta mats right? You need five 5* I think?

For the zeta challenge, you need a 5* Tarkin capital ship. For this, you need five 4* dark side ships (geos perhaps?). In the actual zeta challenge, you need 5* light or dark side ships. I think you need 6 of them, but it might be more.

Happy to help :)
  • Okay perfect thank you!
  • My recommendations for Seps:

Cantina - Geo Soldier 5*, Spy 6*, Soldier 6*, Spy 7*, Soldier 7*, Geo Brood Alpha 7* (his node is unlocked @lvl 85)

GW Store - Poggle 7*, Geo ships 7*

Guild Store - Sun Fac

Q&A
    1. Yes, ... like Old Ben said. I think Geos are less of an investment so easier.
    2. Revans is good, then Malak, GAS, SLKR, JML (long way away)
    3. Bastila lead would work, but Fives would be useless :) in that squad. If you want to get some decent Jedi (Jolee, someone I cannot think of) you can side farm as you won't need hard node energy for Geos
    4. that will be great. As Old Ben said, you can use Kru's Silencer 5* but other ships you can only start at lvl 60. Vulture droid comes with Jedi Consular's fighter -- That does NOT mean you invest in Jedi Consular. That was my BIGGEST mistake.
    5. Not that I can think of. Just, Phoenix is fastest way to a GL, but that GL is SEE and he is trash so irdc about him. Phoenix is a good investment (max gear 8-9) for Thrawn. You could do that instead of Revan as Thrawn is, has been, had been, and probably will be the ongoing best early/mid-game plug-n-play toon and meta counter. Also, GET AN swgoh.gg ACCOUNT. It is really helpful.
    6. Sure. Send a message to my ally code (can find in my swgoh.gg).
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Thank you for the tips! I will add you soon as an ally (thanks!). Also, I do have an swgoh.gg account, it’s on the bottom of the original post.
  • @Brad107

Just a little addition - people are generally steering you well:
    As Old Ben said, you can use Kru's Silencer 5* but other ships you can only start at lvl 60. Vulture droid comes with Jedi Consular's fighter

This is not quite true. Your main other ships are the Geos, and it is certainly true that you can't start on those until you hit level 60. At that level they will begin to show up in the Galactic War store. (Of course even though you can't buy them yet, you can begin saving up GW Tokens around level 55 or so to make sure you can rush the Geo ships as fast as possible once you hit level 60. Make sure you get Cad Bane to 7* before you start saving crystals, however.) There are many other ships that will also be found in the GW store and you can use those to make sure you get your 8 ships at 5 stars needed for the zeta challenge.

However, there are also ships that you can access before level 60 other than the TIE Silencer. I just wrote up something in another thread yesterday or the day before about what to go to get ready for ships if you're still under level 60. Let me quote from that:

Ships available before level 60:
    • Extinction Bomber (LS 6-C; accessible at level 54) -- Comes with Veers, who is necessary long-term. Not recommended, but possible. You'll farm this node later, but probably not now.
    • IG-2000 (LS 6-E; accessible at level 54) -- a decent ship in the right context + same node grants Poggle, an important geonosian character who fits well with a Fleet-focus since the easiest fleet to acquire is a Geonosian fleet with Spy, Soldier & Sun Fac. Also required later for Han's Falcon, which is a great midgame to early-endgame ship.Light recommendation. Of course, if you don't farm right away, you'll be farming eventually anyway.
    • Imperial TIE Bomber (DS 5-A ; accessible at level 49) comes with a worthless Jedi, but has synergy with early fleet commander (Tarkin) and is Pilotless, and is an excellent early tank for various reasons. NOTE Has the earliest accessible AoE dispel to help deal with enemy ships under stealth. Level 49 is also early enough to get this ship to 5* before the beginning of fleet, so it has the chance of dominating early while others catch up. Strongly recommended. Farm ASAP.
    • Rey's Millennium Falcon (DS 5-D; accessible at level 49) comes paired with one of the two required pilots, who is also a good early toon for her ability to dish damage at relatively low gear. You would still need to get Finn from a separate source, and this ship will have no synergy with any Fleet Commander for a long time. Not recommended, but possible. It's possible never to farm this node, as Rey is available elsewhere, but you'll probably come back for this ship at some point.
    • TIE Silencer (Cantina 3-F; accessible now) -- Paired with the only pilot the ship needs, so ready to rock. A strong attacker with decent survivability. No synergy with early commanders, but worth it because the pilot (Kylo Ren Unmasked, or KRU) is so useful for so much of the early to mid game, and then becomes useful again once you get to the very-very-endgame where you have acquired SLKR, one of the Galactic Legends. There's a small gap in there where he is not relevant to what you want to do, but he does help you early and late, so there's never a need to regret getting and gearing him. Strongly recommended. Farm ASAP
    • Vulture Droid (LS 4-D; accessible now) -- Pilotless!! Paired with worthless IG-86, but that doesn't matter. This ship rocks, and it's available before any others in Regular Energy Battles. With no pilot to gear it's always going to be on the bleeding edge of best ships. Works fine with Tarkin, and thus can pair well with TIE Bomber in the earliest days. Strongest Possible recommendation. Farm ASAP.

Strongly recommended Pilots:
    • KRU (Get for free with TIE Silencer, accessible now)
    • Geonosian Spy (Cantina 4-D; accessible now)
    • Geonosian Soldier (Cantina 1-A; accessible now)
    • Sun Fac: Guild Store (Accessible now, begin purchasing now)

TIE Silencer you already know is a good ship even if not a separatist. The TIE Bomber likewise doesn't fit your separatist plan, but is still a great ship, so I recommend the same for you as I did for that other person seeking advice: get some ships together before level 60 even if they don't seem like a good, integrated fleet. Get your Geonosians pilots ready. Save up some GW Tokens as you approach level 60, and then go nuts on Geo ships in the GW store right away, the moment they're available.

By level 65 at the latest you should have 6* Geos x 3 + all 3 pilots at 6* or better, level 60 minimum, and gear tier 6 or 7. You should also have a 6* TIE Bomber and TIE Silencer, which is enough to get every advance allowed for Tarkin's ship at your level.

You'll still be working on finishing one or two of those ships so they're all at 7*, but you'll be way ahead in crystals and constantly ready to conquer Fleet Battles as soon as your level opens them to you. Although you don't need any more dark side ships, you will still need 3 more 5* ships for the zeta challenge and you'll want Vader's TIE Adv. x1 and Boba's Slave 1 (both purchased from fleet tokens) to be among them. Why? Even though they aren't going to be available to you early, Vader is a pilot your going to be throwing gear at for other reasons, so you might as well gear his ship and take advantage of it, while Boba's Slave 1 is a requirement for Han's Millennium Falcon and only performs well early on. If you wait until much later to get it, you'll never see any use out of it other than the Falcon event.

Somewhere in there you're going to want to get IG-2000 because it will work with your Separatists in a way that other ships won't. Hyena Bomber you'll want as early as you can get it, but that won't be until much later.

I know this seems to skip light side ships entirely, but don't worry about it. You'll use GW Tokens to get many light side ships, you just won't be doing it first. When all the Geo ships are 7* you can farm the rare GW Store ships, which include Resistance X-Wing, Clone Sergeant's ARC, and Imperial TIE Fighter. You want to start with this because, being rare ships, you can't get them every time you want them. Since they're rare, though, you might start gaining a stockpile of GW Tokens -- especially if you have finished one of them, but probably even before. Once your stockpile of GW Token is over 3,000, you can start spending anything over that amount on other ships. Prioritize ships for pilots you already have given some stars and some gear. It seems like a ton of work, but even getting every single ship available in the GW store doesn't take that long.

Hope all that helps. If you do it right, you'll crush your ship opponents early on & get lots of crystals to use in making your both your fleet and your toons better and better. When I started taking 1st in fleet Arena is when I finally started moving up in Squad arena and everything just got better and better from there.

Of course, one final note, and this one is the most important:
    The people here are great people, & we can try to tell you how best to gain power & characters in the game. But we can't tell you what is going to be fun for you. If you think that someone's advice is just not going to be any fun, do something different. This is a game, and there's no point playing the game, no point in even "winning" the game, if it's not fun.

Good luck & hope you do have great fun with your great success.
  • Okay thank you for the tips. So you’re basically saying from now (level 46 currently) up until I have all this accomplished, I should basically ignore my normal plan in favor of ships?
  • Yes.

The jump start you get in ships has the potential to give you so many crystals. You will more than make up for any loss in Squad Arena or other modes.

Right now, the Squad Arena in your shard should be dominated by people who purchased the Hyperdrive bundle. You won't break through because they're all level 85 and got important boosts.

But with fleet arena, if they bought the pack they're in a different shard, because no one is assigned a shard until they hit level 60 - so they have one, you don't, and by the time you get one you'll be assigned a different one entirely.

When you do get there, the new Hyperdrive bundle purchasers will have too many toons to focus on all at once, and they typically (though not always) do not prioritize fleet.

For a number of other reasons as well, it's very possible for you to earn top 10 rewards in fleet right away - this is 200 crystals per day.

If you do this right, on day 1 you can have a planned, intentional fleet that only the Hyperdrive folks will be ready to compete against. And since fleet shards are smaller, it won't be that many. And, of course, you still have the ability to be competitive - maybe not every time, but be competitive, which is why I'm saying top10 and not #1.

But as you hit level 70 and level 80, you will beat some of those other players. And you might just take #1. The extra crystals benefit you like you wouldn't believe. You have to see how the effects cascade.

More crystals = more farming all at once = more characters = more GAC wins & faster up the raid ladder in your guild, etc.

But you have to either do extremely well in either Squad Arena or fleet Arena. You have to pick one, and in the early stages focus on it. Squad is much harder to do, and since the Hyperdrive Bundle was released, it's virtually impossible to get top50 without purchasing it.

So if squad is too difficult, that means that going all in on fleet & your geonosian pilots is the best short term strategy.

Everything in this game takes a long time. But if you can focus on one thing & do it well, all the other successes will come in time.

Also, if you're level 47? You should start Galactic War at level 50, I think? Or have you already started? Either way, make sure you get Cad Bane to 7-star before you start saving GW currency for ships. It shouldn't take long, but that way you have a 7* toon to drop into heroic raids, which means you can join a guild doing heroic Rancor & Heroic Tank & collect all those rewards without even doing any damage.

Separately, the Guild Tokens are hugely beneficial, and you can spend them on characters at this point. Valuable gear doesn't appear until later and the less valuable gear isn't worth Guild Tokens. Be patient. Let all that white & green & blue gear flow in from other sources. it seems like you're not getting enough now, but you can stay just a little behind your competitors without spending store resources while the speed with which you gain that white, blue & green gear keeps increasing. Then they'll hit the purple wall and have nothing saved up while you will have a combination of new toons acquired and tokens saved up for purple gear.

Having a plan detailing what's worth your spending and what isn't is going to be hugely important for you.
  • Okay yeah I have gw unlocked. I’m doing poggle to 7* bc I plan on doing Geo’s for Padme. I will get him to 7 ASAP. He’s half way to 6* right now so shouldn’t be too long. I see what you mean about the crystals though. 200 is a ton per day as a f2p. That’s what I’ve started working on rn. Thank you!!
  • Of course!

You should always feel free to ask for help. There are a lot of kind people here willing to give you good advice.
  • MasterSeedy
    5035 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Also? Democracy II seems like a good guild for you. Nice choice.

And Poggle is a fine choice for your first rushed 7-star toon so you can start collecting Raid rewards.
  • Yeah I’m lucky to be in a good guild. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to play much in the next few weeks because of work so that’ll slow me down a bit but shouldn’t be too tragic.
  • This is not quite true

My mistake. By the way, I did mean Hyena
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/